Solo [Antonious Training Grounds] Heavy duty sparring

Kreig spars with his patron whilst wearing heavy armor.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Antonious Training Grounds] Heavy duty sparring

Postby Kreig Messer on August 16th, 2014, 9:28 am

28th of summer, 11th bell 24th chime

Peeeetch its hot….’ Kreig muttered as he swung his heavy wooden longsword at a thick wooden post, in his other hand a round shield along and he wore hand me down plate armor left for training use or for squires on the occasional travel with their patrons. It was a cumbersome thing with dents all around it and lacked the magnificent shine that it once held long ago. Still, it offered ample protection and allowed the squires to train with the armor. Kreig disliked the armor….. he disliked it very much actually, but it was a necessity for his training sadly. Its mass made it difficult for him to swing his heavy practice blade, its own weight mimicking that of an actual sword and the same could be same for the circular shield.

With each swing he’d need to add a bit of extra effort than he would normally give. He raised his blade for an overhead strike and brought it down against the wooden post as a loud thud emitted from the collision, another thud came as he performed a side strike and one more from a left backside strike. He was perspiring under the heat, sweat made itself known beneath his armor and especially beneath the helmet. He breathed heavily, he could practically hear his breath in the close confines of the helmet even at is seeped through the visor.

He swung the blade again and out came another thud, followed by another and another. Then came a voice telling him to stop and he did so, lowering his blade and turning to look at the observing face of his patron “ Kreig, I’m afraid your sword swings were a bit sloppy” She said, there was no anger or disappointment in her voice Kreig noted and that meant he didn’t have to be afraid of her suddenly increasing the intensity of their training.

then again, by the looks of her its probable that we will do some heavy sparring..’ Kreig thought as he saw that his patron was dressed in full knight armor and unlike the armor that Kreig wore ,which was a beat up thing that were decommissioned from use or simply purchased from some smithy’s scrap heap dispite the fact they were still useful for protection, hers was sleek and form fitting, lacked the the same dents that Kreig’s borrowed armor had although some scratches could be viewed and overall had this gleam that reminded him of old adventure tales. In her right was a blunt longsword and another hung from the loop of her belt, in her left was a kite shield decorated with the Druva coat of arms.

Come now, you’re warmed up enough so its time that we sparred” Kreig nodded as he gently rested the wooden sword against the post and approached his patron, taking the blunt longsword from his patron as he muttered a thanks, then took his distance as his patron drew the spare sword she had brought.

Now, come at me!

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Words: 883597
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2012, 7:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Kreig Messer on August 16th, 2014, 12:37 pm

With that , and a heavy step forward, Kreig moved his arm and swung the blade forward. As stated easier it was easier said than done, unlike when Kreig wore his usual set that was roughly half of this whole suit he was still allowed much more mobility, in this however movement was slow as he was untrained in its use. If he ever decided to work on his muscles again he’d just have to wear this so he could get the whole package deal! Nonetheless, he swung the blade and with a heavy clang it struck against his patrons shield.

It sounded like a heavy blow, but Kreig was unsure if it was stronger than his usual ones or less so. He was just so unused to the armor that he couldn’t tell. In retaliation his patron moved the sword to the side as soon as it struck her shield and struck with her own blade at the gap between helmet and armor, which Kreig himself clumsily deflected as he moved his shield to intercept, the rim of the circular device pushing the blade away whilst Kreig moved forward in a shoulder bash only to strike air as his patron nimbly moved to the side.

show off’ Kreig thought wryly as his Patron stepped back and beckoned for Kreig to strike again. He was a bit of envious of his patrons mobility even whilst she wore a full set, he knew he could achieve the same mobility but only through training as he would imagine his patron tell him. Again he took a heavy and cautious step forward as he swung the sword in an upward strike only for it to be knocked back down by the flat of his patron’s sword. Kreig raise his shield in order to block an oncoming shield bash from his patron which threatened to push him off balance, something he already had trouble maintaining.

Kreig stepped back to create distance between himself and his patron as she swung her sword. However the perceived sword slash turned to be a feint as his patron moved forward and to Kreig’s side, striking her sword against the back of his right joint forcing to fall to one knee, before he could do anything else he could feel the cold steel pressing itself against his neck. He sighed at this, knowing he’d lost whilst his patron pulled back the weapon with a slow dramatic flair.

Kreig, with a grunt, stood back up with sword and shield in hand as his patron took her distance and took a battle stance. Kreig did the same as he wondered about his next move, but then shrugged mentally and decided to just wing it as he took a step forward.

It’ll come to me

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

"You gents best be careful, I'm feelin' mighty rabid right now... and your the only ones around to bite"
Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Kreig Messer on August 16th, 2014, 1:36 pm

Kreig moved forward, his movements more sluggish this time as the strain of moving and carrying the total weight of his gear slowly made itself known to his body. Before he could begin his strike, Natasha swung her blade at Kreig, Kreig quickly brought his shield up and the tip of his blade struck the rim. But due to clumsiness the slowly accumulating strain he dropped the shield. He silently cursed at this as he stepped back and took a two handed-blade stance he raised his sword in a defensive posture.

His patron stuck at him with a stabbing motion, Kreig knocked it to the side whilst stepping back as she moved forward for a shield bash. Kreig could do nothing really but defend, his eyes briefly darted to the shield as it lay on the earth then darted back to his opponent…. He to get his shield back if he wished to stand a chance against his patron, if she weren’t lowering herself to his level then he would have lost from the get go ‘ but she’s trying to make me strong, so I gotta get past this lvl if I want to be surpassin’ her at some point’.

With that in mind, Kreig cautiously circled and moved away from his patron, breathing heavily through his visor. He needed to lure her away from his shield that lay on the ground, another easier said than done situation however as his body began to yell at him that it would give out soon if it didn’t receive rest ‘ I hear yer yammerin’, just keep up a bit’ He thought.

All of a sudden Kreig’s patron moved towards him swinging her sword at him, Kreig deflected to the blade to the side, trying his all to keep up with the skill of his patron whilst luring her away and positioning himself to his shield closer and closer. It went on this for a few chimes, His patron would attack, he would step back and defen whilst also trying to edge himself closer to his shield. Soon his efforts were awarded as Kreig’s patron noted his plan all too late as Kreig knelt to pick up his shield and quickly picked it up to block an overhead strike. His body screamed as the force moved through his body but Kreig forcefully ignored it, pushed away his patron’s blade and stabbed with his blade. However, his patron was one step ahead as she used the rim of her shield to push Kreig’s blade away this time then followed up by bashing the shield into Kreig’s form, pushing him on his back.

Suddenly, Kreig was spend as he let go of sword and shield and let out tired gasps of breath, his mouth visible as his helmet was pushed up his head “ You’ve done well Kreig, though if it were any other skilled opponent I doubt they’d let you get your shield like that

So she knew…..’ Kreig couldn’t help but be amused by that fact as lay there.

x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Kreig Messer on August 17th, 2014, 7:56 am

------------------------One Bell Later--------------------------------

Kreig rested against the chair, his body covered in sweat as he stripped himself down to his pants. He was tired, his body sored and complaining but he was satisfied with the effort. Sera Natasha Druva approached him with a mug of water and a pitcher of it in her other hand, handing the brawler the cup whilst setting the pitcher on the table near him. Kreig gratefully took the cup and nodded to his patron respectfully before downing the clear liquid held within. After drinking it and gently placing it back on the table he looked at his patron with a slight “You had me cold, Sera”

She nodded and without missing a beat said “ We patrons usually do, I think it has something to do with the fact we’re usually much better trained than our squires” Kreig chuckled at that as he rest his head against the wall behind him. His patrons deadpan response was sharp today it seemed “ Though to be fair to you, you did well. Although admittedly your attempt at trying to get back your shield would have probably only worked on other novices with less than perfect eyesight” Kreig winced at the last part, to be praised only to be brought down in a single swift move. Still, he nodded respectfully at that but couldn’t help but ask…

“If you knew why didn’t you take me out as soon as possible?”

Well, as you noticed I was fighting at your lvl, it would have been out of character and unfair of me other wise” She said wryly as she took the cup and poured herself a drink “ But truly, you are improving bit by bit, though your shield techniques could definitely use some work. Moving in a full set of armor is a matter of getting used to it over time, blocking with a shield on the other hand…

Kreig nodded, finishing the sentence for her “…Needs diligent and constant practice” He sighed, and he knew she didn’t mention one thing he was miserable at. Something he actively avoided whenever given the option; horseback riding. With a shield he was progressing more smoothly, but riding a horse was a different thing altogether. It was a slow progress and he can barely stay on top of a horse without falling a third of the time. He can swing a sword, shoot a crossbow and somewhat block with a shield but give him a horse then better tie the brawler to it because there was no he was going to gallop on it.

I’d ask for your thoughts but I think I know where they’re turning Kreig…. Don’t concern yourself too much with it. You’re making good progress and you’ll make even better progress in the coming days” She told him, Kreig wasn’t quite certain about it but again gave his patron a respectful nod “ Now go wipe that sweat off and get some rest till supper. You’ll be sore for a bit I’ll have supper be brought to your dorm room” With another respectful nod Kreig slowly carried himself off the chair, he took a step forward but nearly stumbled but quickly regained his balance as he shuffled out of the room.

He was too tired and asleep to eat that night.
x
Feeel thy wrath!!!!

Kreig Messer
The guy in crazy town.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Archailist on August 23rd, 2014, 8:50 pm

Player 1 :
Skills:
  • +3 Endurance
  • +2 Weapon: Shield
  • +2 Weapon: Longsword
  • +2 Bodybuilding

Lores:
  • Maneuvering In Platemail.
  • Regaining One's Shield In The Heat Of Battle.
  • Shield: Useful If Your Opponent Has One Too.
  • Bodybuilding: Pushing The Body To Extremes.

+3 for Training
+1 for Patron
= +4 Shield Points

Notes :
Good thread! Although, you consistently said 'lvl' instead of 'level'?

Was I a little too nuts in my grading?
If you've got concerns, just call me.
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)