Flashback This is how it's done

Marcus and the crew aboard the Gallantry must face a life threatening storm.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An inland sea created by Ivak's cataclismic fury during the Valterrian, the Suvan Sea is a major trade route and the foremost hub for piracy in Mizahar. [lore]

This is how it's done

Postby Marcus Drago on July 4th, 2014, 9:21 pm

Summer
It was summer. Year, unknown. Day, also unknown. Who knew how to tell time when you sailed the ocean blue? Marcus didn’t, and he didn’t like stressing himself over it. He didn’t have to know the day or year, all he had to know was that he was nine. The season however, that was one thing he did have to know,it was a requirement.

STORM COMING,” the ship master said as he slid down the main mast. “STORM STORM STORM!” His shouts could be heard from all parts of the ship, waking men who rested below and frightening men who were near him. Marcus was in the back cabin with his father when they both heard the man yell. He looked up to his father in a worried state, “What is going on daddy?”..... Nothing but silence filled the room.

STORM STORM STORM!” The screams where getting closer to the quarters. This wasn’t the first time Marcus heard those frightening shouts. He had been in many storms before and knew of the heavy winds and waves that were so powerful they could turn a ship over within a matter of minutes. Although Marcus had never heard these type of screams before. The projection, the words, the sound. All made it seem as though something dangerous was coming their way. As though they were going to be destroyed by the Gods sea monsters themselves. “Dad I'm scared…” He looked into his fathers eyes and the man looked back. His expression seemed far more terrified at what was to come than Marcus own face did.

“....It’s okay to be scared Marcus,” the man said as he placed his captains hat on his son's head. Marcus father golden hair fell to his shoulders as it became encumbered in sweat. The man took a knee right before the boy and held him in for a hug while also giving off a jolly laugh. “It is okay to be afraid my boy, fear is what drives men to survival. If ever you have fear find the source and strike it in the heart.” He poked Marcus in the chest where his heart was before rising up slowly and opening the cabin doors.
Marcus Drago
Player

Words: 58360
Joined roleplay: June 28th, 2014, 8:45 pm
Race: Human

This is how it's done

Postby Marcus Drago on July 4th, 2014, 11:28 pm

Summer
Step by step he moved out of the cabin, and looked up at the sky. His back was turned to Marcus so his facial expression was unseen, but his aura, Marcus could stare straight into. “What is the meaning of this?!” His voice was firm and loud enough to catch the attention of every man that were starting commotions down in the main deck. The crew went quiet. “THERE IS A STORM DAXTON!” A man came rushing towards the captain and Marcus in a great hurry. This startled Marcus, who was by his fathers side, and made him moving closer to his dad. “[b]I can’t believe I didn’t notice this before, there is nowhere to run. NO ESCAPE[/b]!” The man screamed out louder this time as salty water began forming in his eye. The man was a tan human with black hair and dark eyes. He had no facial hair but two large front teeth that made him speak with a horrible lisp. He wasn’t taller than Marcus father who stood a good 5’11, but he was tall enough to reach Daxton’s chin. The man was the ship master. His job was to make sure that the ship they stood on was never in serious danger of the sea.

Daxton moved close to the ship master and placed a firm hand on the mans shoulder. “TELL US WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG!” Marcus flinched at the sound his father made, everyone else did as well. The crew was stirring below, whispering and shaking. Daxton would never raise his voice or curse at just one individual, not unless there was something worrying him or they were in grave danger. They moved away from him a little as their senses of what was really going on started to grow. Before the alarm going off inside their heads was small, but now it was as if large bells were ringing into their ears. The man Daxton raised his voice too pointed up in the air, not saying a single word. Everyone turned their heads to follow the man's fingers. What they saw was nothing. No stars, no clouds, not even the sun showed. It was a nothing but a black sky. “I should have realized this a long time ago. First the fish weren’t biting, then the sky stayed dark, no animal in sight…. How could I have let this happen to us…..”

Marcus kept his eyes on the sky above them. He searched desperately for a star wondering to himself. ‘Why are there no stars? Shouldn’t the stars be out since it’s day time?’ “So what are you trying to tell us you damn ship master!” A crewman shouted out, drawing Marcus attention to him. “The sky….” The shipmaster was no longer on the verge of crying, he was crying- soiling his shirt and fingers. “Last night we had a party, a celebration of a nice pillage of a former carrier ship filled with alco-.” “Last night? what do you mean last night? Its still night time,” the same crewman in the main deck interjected.

WRONG! It is not suppose to be night time…. Day time was suppose to come a long time ago. AND EVEN IF IT WAS NIGHT WE SHOULD STILL BE ABLE TO SEE THE MOON OR STARS!” The shipmaster fell to his knees after his last statement. Daxton released his grip of the man then fell back to where Marcus stood. “So just exactly what is going on?” Marcus father said with a calm tone. Daxton reverted back to his original tranquil self, maybe it was because the shipmaster placed everyone in frantic mode and someone needed to remain calm. “WHAT IS GOING ON IS A STORM AND WE HAVE SAILED RIGHT UNDER IT! WE ARE GONNA DIE!”
Marcus Drago
Player

This is how it's done

Postby Marcus Drago on July 5th, 2014, 5:31 pm

Summer, 500 AV
The once peaceful crowd turned to wild dogs in a cage. Upon the instant they heard they were going to die a riot of yells and fists erupted. The knowing that death awaited them was enough to spark a light tower inside each and every gentlemen aboard the ship known as the Gallantry. Marcus moved away from the crowd, heading to the captains cabin, as he noticed his father stood still- watching the events that went down.

People were hammering at each other now, each fight the result of an argument. Some wanted the Shipmaster, blaming him for being the reason they were under the dark clouds. Blood flew across the ship as some men laid beaten and bruised on the ground. Still Daxton did nothing. He stayed standing near the shipmaster who was kneeled in a puddle of tears. His arms folded and his head looked as though he was staring straight at the uproar in front of him. “DAD!” Marcus screamed from his position as the ship began rocking a little faster, must have been the cause of the brawl that was going on in the main deck.

The men now turned to weapons such as….Swords. “DAD DO SOMETHING, THIS IS GOING TO FAR!” Marcus screamed now stumbling on the ship, trying to find his footing, “They are using swords we have to stop them!” Still he did only nothing. Men were now being stabbed in the arms legs or stomach preparing to kill each other. Screamed of pain ran throughout the Gallantry. “DO SOMETHING!”

Then Silence. Silence caused by fear, fear of large roar equalling to that of a monster. Fear brought about by the sound of eminent death heading their way. This was not a monster, nor the God of death looking for their souls, it was a far worse sound than any beast could make. It was the sound of nature, the roar of THUNDER.

Are you all done?” Daxton said finally moving down to his crew. His brown boots could be the only thing heard as it clacked against the wooden floor. His voice was firm and still calm. He didn’t need to yell to the top of his lungs, anything could disturb the silence in the air. “It seems that you all have forgotten that we are in the middle of a GOD DAMN STORM!” He walked further into the group and looked down at the man laying before his feet, bloody and groaning in pain. The man held on to his stomach, which showed a blade ran deep into him. This man was going to die.

Daxton looked to the crew and all the men backed away as though a monster was standing right in front of them, readying to eat them whole. “I want someone to answer my question. Are we dead yet?” Silence again. People were either too scared to speak or too injured to say a single word. “I SAID, ARE WE DEAD? DOES OUR BODIES DECAY BEFORE OUR VERY EYES? DO WE NOT FEEL FEAR SCRATCH AT OUR VERY SKIN? CAN WE FLOAT THROUGH THE VERY GROUND? IS THE DAMN SHIP THAT WE ARE STANDING ON SINKING TO THE VERY OCEAN? DON’T JUST STAND THERE LIKE A BUNCH OF DUMB ASSES, ANSWER THE QUESTION!” He took out his sword that was strapped to his waist and planted it straight into the ground. “ARE WE DEAD YET!” That last word had him winded and gasping for oxygen. He was no longer calm, no, he was pissed. No matter what people did or tried to calm him down, when he was in this state, someone was doomed to die. The men didn’t hesitate this time and all, even the injured, gave a clear answer. “NO!” Daxton moved back shaking his head. “If we aren’t dead yet then that means we got a fighting chance. Stabbing people with blades and punching their bodies WILL ONLY BRING US TO DEATH SOONER!” With that said he turned towards the ship master and only focused on him.

Marcus was watching everything that was going down from the safety of the captains cabin. He thought to himself how men who laughed, drunk, and peacefully lived together were now stabbing and trying to kill each other. For what purpose could that be? Could men really turn on one another when the face of death was greeting them? He looked only at his father who was now having a conversation with the shipmaster. Their conversation could be barely heard, but he still made out what they were staying.

What do you think we should do?” His father said reverting back to his tranquil self. “We ride it out…” The shipmaster implied, not really sounding sure of himself. Daxton gave a nod then turned back to his crewmen,”All the men who can stand I need you to either take the injured below deck or climb up those sails and prepare to reef. Get to it.” His father then headed towards Marcus, quickly grabbing him by the arm. “Listen to me Marcus. I need you to go down and stay with Unnamed, do you understand me?” Marcus shook his head in agreement then ran below deck once his father released him. He looked back only once, taking a long hard look at his dad, before shutting the door behind him.
Marcus Drago
Player

This is how it's done

Postby Marcus Drago on July 7th, 2014, 7:58 pm

Summer, 500 AV
Motion after motion. The ship never rest, not even to allow its passengers a moment of breath. The clouds clapped to the men effort, startling some nearly to death. Daxton ordered Marcus to go to the lower decks and that was what he was going to do. His father was already ticked off because of the crewmen chaos that happened not two sun movements ago.

His feet pressed hard against the plank as he raced to get below deck. The ships twist and turns tumbled Marcus towards the side, his back slammed hard against the wall as he gasped for oxygen. His back now bruised, but thankfully adrenaline pumped inside him as he pushed his feet to the ground to lift himself up. He didn't want his father worrying about him, not when Daxton also had to worry about a whole crew, so he made sure that he was as far away from danger as possible. Marcus ran down the stairs, looking at the pirates who were badly injured. It was hot, and the smell of salty and dirty man floated around the entire lower deck.

It was horrible and soon became crowded as more injured men were carried down the steps. Marcus passed through all the groaning and crying souls and rested in a small dark room in the back of the Gallantry. “Unnamed. You here?” Marcus called out looking around, but he couldn’t see without a candle. He knew that inside this room rested a tiny bed, a large bookshelf, and a desk that his father would always read on. He also knew that his dads first mate was severely wounded and rested here.”Unnamed, here you?” He said with a confused expression. He learned a little Tukant and was trying his hardest to get it down, but when it came to learning other languages he was a little slow at it.

Thats not how you say it,” a familiar and scary voice spoke up suddenly, startling Marcus. He moved back bumping into a bookshelf and jumped again to the feel of a small book crashing to his head. “You do not say ‘here you,’ you say ‘are you here’ when you are asking me a question,” the voice calmly said as a figure rose from the shadows. It was a green Akalak, very tall, compared to Marcus, and extremely muscular. His hair was short and made into a ponytail, his eyes glowed yellow. and he had a large bandage wrapped around his chest. The Akalak was ready to say something else before a book was hurled to his head and he was sent flying back down into the darkness. “Next time answer me the first time I call your name!” Marcus screamed out with frustration, pulling his hands back towards his chest.

Of course he was the one that threw the book at the Akalak, and with such force too. He twisted his arm, and gave enough speed to let the book fly at the blue man’s face. “Apparently we are in the middle of a storm and preparing to reef. What ever that means.” The boy moved back, leaning on a bookcase, and started digging in his nose. The Akalak once again rose from the bed, this time holding his nose. He looked furious and got even angrier when he saw blood flow from his mouth. In a fit of rage the Akalak tossed the book at Marcus yelling at him,”DON’T TREAT YOUR SICKLY ELDER BADLY YOU BRAT!” The boy stared at the book watching it get closer and closer to him. His eyes never looked anywhere else. When he felt the book was about to strike, his knees fell to the ground as the object merely skimmed his head.

He quickly stood up and poked his tongue at the Akalak, but turned serious when the green man blenched, holding his stomach. “You’re still hurt aren’t you,” Marcus said moving over to the man and massaging his chest, “Dad said not to push yourself Unnamed.” He was concerned. Unnamed was a strong man and tutored Marcus in unarmed combat, weapon combat, and the proper way to speak in different languages. The Akalak was considered family to Marcus, and he cared for his family greatly.

Unnamed placed his large palms on Marcus golden head of hair and gave a jolly laugh, “Man you sure have gotten strong haven't you. You remembered to never take your eyes off the target-” “Because you might find the targets weakness!” Marcus interjected. “Yeah, especially because you might find a weakness, then be able to beat the man to death!” They both cuckled. Marcus liked being around Unnamed, he learning new things and also had tons of fun. With Unnamed no part of the day was boring. Marcus almost forgot that there was a dangerous storm outside until the ship almost turned over into the ocean. Luckily, the Akalak was there to hold the kid as the shelf fell just inches away from him.

Things turned quiet again. Only the sound of dripping water, pushing waves, and roaring thunder could be heard. Marcus stayed close to Unnamed as he possibly could, shaking in fear. Then a different sound rung in his ear, the sound of a man screaming. “DAXTON DON’T DO IT!” His fathers name was advised not to do something, but what? What was it that his father was doing and why did he need someone to yell at him not do it? A new concerned roamed Marcus mind now, causing him to jumped to his feet and run to the source, not even paying attention to the Akalak who was calling his name.

Marcus Ran as quick as he could, trying this time not to fall on himself. If the ship twist and turned this time he would force his feet to bounce off the pole or wall next to him.He headed outside and instantly felt the harsh wind and cooling rain attack him. He could barely see from all the water that blast its way into his face.

Dad!” He called out scared as ever. His father was somewhere doing something, he couldn’t see. He had no reason for being out there, he couldn’t save anyone, and everyone was now worried about him. However, he needed to know if his dad was okay. Then it happened. “WAVE, GRAB ONTO SOMETHING,” the men on the deck yelled as they rushed to anything that was bolted to the floor. Marcus heard what they said, but was confused as to what was going on. He turned his head to look at where the source of the yell came from, but saw something else.

On the side of him and the ship came a large portion of the ocean, bigger than the Gallantry and readying to top the ship over. The boys eyes widened, his feet stayed planted to the ground, and his jaw fell open. He wanted to move, the door to the lower decks was just a couple of centimeters away from him, but he couldn't. He was scared, scared of the sea, scared of the thunder, scared of dying. “MARCUS COME HERE!” Unnamed ordered, but was too late to save him. Marcus body was pushed by the waves into the gigantic sea of the Suvan.
Marcus Drago
Player

This is how it's done

Postby Marcus Drago on July 8th, 2014, 10:21 pm

Summer (Bonus)
It was sometime during the summer. I am not sure. I could never tell time as a four year old. I was living with my mother at this time in a small house on a beach near civilization. Man did I love the beach. I would always ask my mom if I could go down there every day, but she would always answer with a rhetorical question. “How can you go down in the ocean when you can’t swim?” She would then poke my nose and wait for me to beg her to go.

She loved making me beg, teasing me, but she didn’t like it when I started crying out of nowhere. Which is what would happen most of the time she teased me. Then she would hold my cheeks with both of her hands and silently whisper , “My child, don’t cry. Mommy is right here.” Soon after that I would get a kiss to the forehead and be allowed to do what I wanted.

“Okay I got it. Today I will teach you how to swim.” She gave a small wink then left to get something. I couldn’t wait. By the time she returned I was already shirtless and heading towards the sea. “Hey Marcus wait for me!” She yelled. I stopped in my place and waited silently until she was close to me. Her long brown hair danced with the rain, her light blue eyes glistened in the sun, and her smile shined so bright that it could blind the most craziest of fools. In my eyes my mother was, and will always be, the most beautiful woman in the world.

“Okay Marcus. Let’s learn how to swim. The first thing to know is to move your hands like this,” she pushed both her hands in the air then swooped them down to her chest. She repeated doing this as I nodded along in understanding. “And while you're doing that you kick your legs for more speed.” After the demonstration on what it was suppose to look like, my mother took my hand and brought me to a deep part of the ocean. The water felt cool and the sun, blazing hot. I loved being in the ocean, it made me feel free. It was an unexplainable feeling, and i’m sure no four year old could explain why.

“That’s it Marcus, keep going,” My mother cheered me on as we practised swimming. She held both my hands and made me kick with my feet in order to stay above water. I was kicking for my life, moving my feet in and out of the water creating a large splash. All she did was laugh at my effort and every once in a while gave me a keep going kiss on the cheek.

We would have continued all day, if it wasn’t for something she spotted in the distance. A ship with a large statue of a man in front of it. The statue man held a long blade in one hand and a dagger in the other. At the sight of this my mother ordered me inside and not to come out until she said it was okay. That is exactly what I did. I waited on the living room couch and watched the events that transpired.

Two men walked towards my mom from the large ship. One man had long yellow hair, and the other had skin as green as grass. The yellow haired man said a few things to my mother, she yelled at him a little, then she moved to the side- holding her fingers to her mouth. I watched her carefully as her shoulders moved up and down in a circular motion, her eyes stared straight at the ground, and her tears poured out from her lids. She was crying, but why? The man looked at the house and noticed me looking through the window. His gaze was nothing but pure intensity. His look told me that he was dangerous and his weapons strapped to him only strengthen the thought.

Mom looked towards my way as well, then motioned for me to come to her. I did so obediently, sprinting as fast as I could to reach her position. When I was next to her, she leaned down and gave me a hug. This hug was different from the others she would normally give me. This time she held onto me tight while her body shook uncontrollably. “This man… He will take you from now on… Listen to everything he says you hear?”

I was shocked at her words. I didn’t believe that she was gonna let someone take me away. In that moment I thought that she didn’t want me anymore. “No….” I said with puffy cheeks, “No I am not going away from Mamma!” “Marcus just list-” “No!” This time I screamed it at her and folded my arms.

I am not going away from mamma, you can’t take me away from mamma, I’M NOT LEAVING MAMMA.” I stomped my feet, screamed till my breath was dry, and held my fist high in the air. My mother did nothing, just looked to the ground and hid her eyes. “MARCUS SHUT UP!” Her words were loud and her tone was heartbroken. After she screamed I cried. Cried like I always did and waited for her to kiss me and comfort me like she always did. That didn’t happen, instead she ran away, slammed the door to the home and locked it. The tears on my face stopped, and an unbelievable expression was all that remained. In my eyes, she abandoned me.
Marcus Drago
Player

This is how it's done

Postby Marcus Drago on July 12th, 2014, 9:49 pm

Summer, 500 AV
The sea was calming. There were no fish because the storm scared them away. Just rocks and under water plants. The salty liquid flowed all the way into Marcus head, blocking oxygen from entering. He tried to remember what his father said to do whenever he was sinking deep down into the ocean. There was something about pushing yourself back to the top but that was all Marcus could remember, mostly because of the loss of air to his brain.

It didn’t matter. He was close to dying…. Close to losing life. The thought made him cry. he was going to die, killed by the one thing he loved the most, and the one thing he thought would love him back The sea. It was his only friend when he needed it to be. He loved it’s warm embrace and how he felt whenever the cooling water encumbered his skin. And now his love was going to be the death of him.

He didn’t want to die. He wanted to feel his mother's warm embrace again, he wanted to get into an argument with Unnamed and get injured by the punishments, he wanted to look up at his father with admiration and say how awesome Daxton was. He wanted to live.

His eyes slowly closed, looking up past the clear water to the clouds. It was dark but flashes of light ran across the sky. The last thing he saw before completely blacking out….. Was a finger.

“marcus!” What was that? A faint sound in the distance. It sounded like someone was calling his name. He waited to hear it again to make sure….. Silence again. Maybe it was just a dream or maybe it was someone calling for him from the afterlife. “Marcus!” That sound again. This time it was a little bit louder. Was he getting close to the end? He saw nothing but darkness and wondered how far was the end of the tunnel? “MARCUS MARCUS MARCUS!”

Thunder began roaring into his ears again. The sound of wind, rain, and the motion of water crashing against water were clearly distinguished to him. Slowly a hole was forming. Marcus could see a blurry picture of a face, yelling at him. “MARCUS!” His vision cleared and he finally realized the face he was staring at. It was his father, Daxton. His father came to save him. HE WAS ALIVE!

Marcus was now floating above water and holding onto a large square shaped wood. It took him a while, but he finally realized that he was still in the life threatening sea. Marcus and his father was holding onto only a small floating device, and the ship was far away. “MARCUS!” Daxton would say before a pile of water splash on both of their face and forcing their nose back under water.
The waves were large and would overtake them, but they stayed afloat and didn't sink. “WE NEED TO GET OVER TO THE SHIP!” He pointed to the floating vessels position and Marcus followed with the pupils of his eyes. “Kick Marcus KICK!” Suddenly Daxton began kicking his feet and caused both to move a little, along with the square wood. Marcus understood and began kicking himself. Just like his mother told him, he lifted one foot up then down while the other did the same, trying to use as much solid particles of the liquid they were in to push them to the ship.

The waves thrashed against them, and forced them further away from their goal. Marcus stopped only for a few chimes to catch a breather. His legs were now turning heavy and his eyes were growing tired. Marcus was turning cold, and the waves were only becoming more furious. He never worked this hard in his life. The little boys leg muscles were giving in to the seas demands. He tried his best, but his hope was already gone once. Still he did not want to die.

Daxton cheered Marcus on, trying desperately to keep his sons spirits up. But he himself would soon give in to the Suvans demand of their life. No matter how much they wished to live, the seas power only triumphed their own.

Marcus laid his head on the wood and started crying. He felt so happy to once again taste life. Now he was only going to sink back down into the ocean. No boy could handle this. His spirits were breaking along with his body.

Just when he was ready to lose hope once again he looked up to see another large wave crashing to the side of the ship in front of them. The force of the wave was so strong that it knocked the ships course towards the direction of Daxton and Marcus. With a powerful voice and determination in his mind, Daxton screamed to the top of his lung, “THIS IS OUR CHANCE, LET’S GO!”
Marcus Drago
Player

This is how it's done

Postby Marcus Drago on July 18th, 2014, 3:50 pm

Summer, 500 AV
“HERE IT COMES! GET READY MARCUS!” Daxton shouted removing the wood that kept both a float. Marcus stayed above water this time, kicking his feet rapidly and moving his hands back and forward. The ship was coming their way and moving in quickly. “Grab hold!” The tide seemed to get stronger and stronger as the Gallantries side moved closer to the two in the sea. Marcus saw the small wooden ledges that stuck out and readied his fingers. Daxton and Unnamed placed these ledges on the side so that their crew could climb up quickly if they ever went overboard. It was a good idea that was going to be what saved Marcus life.

When the ship was in reaching distance Marcus extended both his leg and arms to handle the impact of his body and the Gallantry clashing. He wasn’t quite strong enough to hold against a giant ship and crashed his chest into it with a thud. He could still breath, despite the sea covering his body every few chimes, and he was still alive, for now.

Marcus was taken by surprise when he noticed that both of his fathers hands where next to his own. Daxton was literally behind Marcus, with the boys back meeting the mans chest. Maybe this was Daxton way of stopping Marcus from washing away into the sea. “CLIMB!” Daxton yelled once again, springing the boy into action.

Marcus moved his hand to the next ledge to the top. He placed his toes on the sill that his fingers recently rested on and pushed himself up. Daxton followed, making sure that Marcus was in his grasp, and cheered Marcus on. But with every cheer came the roar of thunder and the clashing of waves to their body. Marcus held on as wave after wave tried to push him down into the sea once again, but inside he was frightened. Afraid to be thrown into the same situation and actually die again. The next wave engaged Marcus and one of his footing was lost, almost causing him to move with the water. Daxton was there to stop him but this event only caused Marcus to be more afraid.

His body became glued to the side of the ship and his eyes closed. He wasn’t moving anymore. “I can’t do it dad. I am too scared. I will die. I will die I know I will, I will die I will die!” He began to cry. “MARCUS MOVE!.” “I WILL DIE!” Marcus shook his head and kept his eyes closed. He was terrified. Terrified of dying, terrified of losing everything he loved, everyone he loved. His mother, his father, Unnamed. He felt as though he would lose them all if he tried to continue. Maybe if he stayed planted and rode the storm off Marcus would survive it.

“YOU WILL DIE IF YOU DON’T MOVE!” His eyes opened. “I am terrified too Marcus… I don’t want you to die, I don’t want to die. THATS WHY WE NEED TO KEEP MOVING! We won’t be safe if we don’t get on the ship. Momma, Unnamed, the crew, they don’t believe that we can survive in this sea. BUT WE ARE STILL ALIVE AREN’T WE!”

Marcus moved his head up to view his fathers face. Daxton was crying, tears pouring along with the rain onto his sons head. “We can show them Marcus. Show them the Drago are strong. Show them that we can survive this world. Show them, show me… Show me that we can live.” The tears od Daxton poured faster than the rain did “SHOW ME HOW TO SURVIVE! YOU WANNA LIVE THEN SHOW ME HOW ITS DONE MARCUS! SHOW ME HOW TO LIVE! SHOW THEM!”

Daxton’s words made absolutely no sense to Marcus, but the view of fear in his fathers eyes and his yearning for survival was what spoke to Marcus clearly. With an understanding nod Marcus moved his fingers onto the next ledger, shifting his feet to the last bottom ledge. It was hard getting proper footing, seeing as the sill’s were all wet, but he found a way to do it.

I will show you, Mom.” His fingers moved on slowly, the water still clashed with his body but his grip kept him connected to the ship. “I will show you Unnamed.” When he couldn’t get a good foothold on the next ledge he kicked off his shoes and began climbing with his toes. “I will show you dad!” His fear was still there, though he invited it now. Fear leads to survival was what his father told him, he wanted to survive so he wanted the fear.

THIS IS HOW ITS DONE!” His hand soon grabbed onto the side of the ship that was attached to the main deck. His bones and arms were tired as hell, but he finally made it. The only problem he faced was now getting onto the ship. His body no longer had the adrenaline and the only thing he felt like doing was collapsing. His fingers slipped and all of a sudden he began falling. “MARCUS NO!” Daxton screamed trying to capture him. Marcus was so close to living, he fought so hard. He climbed, he kicked but still he was going to die. This strain, this pain of knowing he was going to die even though he had fought his hardest was too much for him. He finally decided to surrender to the sea and closed his eyes preparing for the large splash he felt the first time.

Nothing.

His eyes opened slowly to the sight of Unnamed holding onto Marcus arms with a strong grip. With a large pull and a yell Marcus moved towards the Akalak an-.

“Sir you can’t sleep here. Sir!”

Marcus opened his eyes to the sound of someone calling him. He looked at the area around him and noticed the people. Some stared at him, others just ignored him. Buildings now surrounded Marcus but the sound of water splashing and birds screeching was still heard. In front of him now stood a guard, with a strange symbol of a black knife on his uniform. “Listen sir I know this seems like a nice place to rest and all but these spaces are reserved for business only. If you’re not going to bu-” I know,” Marcus cut the man off while his hands and feet lifted himself up. “I know. Thanks for waking me up.” He checked to see if everything was still in his pocket and smiled when he found he lost nothing.

The guard huffed, lifted his nose and moved on to bother another citizen. Marcus let out a small chuckle and looked towards the large sun that shined over the city he stood in. “I showed them didn’t I dad. I showed them real good.”
Marcus Drago
Player

This is how it's done

Postby Nightmare on August 20th, 2014, 3:32 am

Marcus Drago :
Skills Amount
Observation +5
Persuasion +1
Rhetoric +1
Brawling + 1
Swimming +2
Endurance +2
Climbing +1

Lore
Philosophy: Fear drives men to survival
Philosophy: How to deal with fear
Observation: An unsettled father
Observation: Men turn on each other when facing death
Unnamed: Sick Green Akalak
Unamed: Tutor and adoptive family
Tactics: Keep your eyes on the target to find its weakness
Daxton Drago: Calm and tranquil father
Daxton Drago: Inspiring leader

Additional Comments: Please refrain from using boxcodes with fixed heights. Also, as a reminder please do not use first person perspective in your posts. Other than those two notes, good job. It was a pretty juicy backstory for Marcus and an enjoyable read. Keep up the good work.

Please PM me if you have any questions or concerns.
If you have an concerns, questions or problems please PM me right away. I am here to assist and can usually get a reply within a day or two if not sooner.
If you haven't gotten a response from me within five days, please PM me again!
Nightmare
The part of you that you always fear

Words: 254197
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2014, 11:45 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)