Solo Talks Across the Stars

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Falyndar at its finest. Danger lurks everywhere - in the ground, in the trees, in the bush. Only the strongest survive...

Moderator: Gossamer

Talks Across the Stars

Postby Evalin on August 16th, 2014, 2:27 am

30th of Summer, 514 AV
Time: Sunset

It all began with a circle. That was the art of Summoning, circles within circles, so simple yet in their simplicity they were powerful. The first was the largest of the circles, five feet wide, and added in then were sixteen smaller ones. These designs Evalin etched into the ground with the butt of her staff, dragging it along the dirt and leaves to craft this doorway across the stars. Numbers were drawn into each circle, the process taking far less time than when she had first learned of this art, and finally these 16 circles were connected through the center by another circle that took up the entire circumstance, just beneath the first circle drawn.

"I grow tired of these acts of repetition." Evalin said as she drew another circle in the very center of the design, beginning to connect lights from the outer circles to this inner one, "Wish I that we could craft a simple door which might be activated at any time to open upon this plane of existence."

"Have you the staff." Tsenrika pointed out. He wore his human guise this day, the human form with reflective blue eyes. He stood to the side, hands behind his back as he watched Evalin finish her work.

"I do... however I wish not to use it too often for fear I might be seen before the time is right." She tapped her staff as she finished the drawing, a now completed summoning circle, and stepped back, looking over her shoulder at the Familiar, "Rather I to take the time to do this than to risk endangering all the work we have put into place."

Tsenrika shrugged, "Silence the mouth before it can speak."

Evalin smiled, "You know how to amuse my my dear Tsenrika. Now then, how shall I appear before this new representative of the diverse?"

Evalin had been hard at work for many days now, speaking with the various diverse who were gathering on their home world, called by the Immortal Witch to answer a summons which would certainly guarantee much blood, victory, and gold... The problem with dealing with these creatures was that they would respond to little beyond power or greed. Learning how to play upon these weaknesses, Evalin found, could be quite trying. Thus she had taken upon herself to appear as terrifying or as strong as she could to keep the creatures from gaining too many ideas...

"I rather enjoy the simplicity of the model you adapted recently."

Evalin pushed back her hood, brushing a hand through her black hair, "The one with the fangs?" The Familiar nodded and Evalin shrugged, "Then aid me to put on this new face."

Closing her eyes Evalin let her mind go blank, feeling her bond with Tsenrika deepen and strengthen to the point that from his eyes he saw her own still form. She wore the form of the older girl this day, simple in its design but plenty sufficient for all things. Through the eyes of another Evalin viewed herself, and then let her mind fall to darkness as she focused upon the djed of her being. Silver hands of mental will stretched out, plucking upon the strings of her soul like a musician might an instrument. The body first. Just the smallest of edits, pulling upon her bones and muscles, stretching them to make her taller, just slightly, moving from 5'5 to about 5'7.

Her will focused downward then, taking upon her hands to elongate the nails, hardening and stripping the pinkish color to replace them with black... black as night, black as her soul. On then over her chest that mental will moved, sending tingles racing over her skin as she did, but she did not pause until she found her mouth. Spreading her lips into a wide grin Evailn looked with Tsenrika's eyes as she touched upon the djed of her teeth, taking them, all of them, and filing them to points, lengthening just enough that they were prominent, but not such that she would be unable to speak. Lids opened and Evalin looked into her own eyes, now gazing out at nothing as her mind still focused upon Tsenrika's vision. The irises, blood red, circled perfectly round pupils which now Evalin grasped upon with her magics, creating them into slits, serpentine or cat like, to finish the vision of the Witch.

As usual her djed rebelled against the changes, but not so much so that it was difficult to hold. IN fact, as she thought on it less and less she found that at times it was difficult to REVERSE what she had done. Perhaps this was the price of mastery...

Coming back to herself Evalin blinked and leaned on her staff, looking to Tsenrika, "Let us call upon our guest."
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Talks Across the Stars

Postby Evalin on August 26th, 2014, 12:36 am

Just a prick of the finger and the white ichor welled to the surface. Tilting her hand she let this drop fall upon the edge of the drawn circle, and the world exploded in a flash of color and roaring sound. Stepping back Evalin wrapped her long nailed hands around her staff, leaning it against her shoulder and adopting a rather bored expression, as if the hulking mass that was emerging from the center of this portal was nothing new to her, of no real concern at all. But then in a way it was just that, as over the years Evalin had long since grown used to this.

Bubbling to the surface came the figure. Tall as all of its kind were, large sloping shoulders, toned biceps and big thick hands. It clawed as the rim of the circle as it tried to pull itself out, grunting as it did, making large steps like it was trying to swim its way out. Slowly it rose fully free of the swirling djed, shaking out its long hair to reveal a feminine face. Evailn was a bit taken aback by this. She had never dealt with a woman Diverse before, and in fact the Nuit had begun to wonder if there were in fact any females of the race... but then it would make little sense for their not to be. Otherwise how did one continue their race? The thoughts that might have come with too much wondering were enough to make even the immortal shiver.

The large woman shook off the last of the droplets, the shimmering chains of djed wrapped around her neck and shoulders, signifying Evalin's control over the beast. Evailn waited patiently while the Diverse observed her surroundings, one large hand pushing back the greasy locks of hair from the distorted face as the woman looked at Evalin, "You Summon, the Terrana clan answer." Her voice was thick and gritty, deep yet still somehow feminine for a Diverse.

Evalin grinned wide, showing her pointed teeth, "Indeed. What is your name?"

Shaking her the Diverse pulled her hair back with one hand, holding it so that she could clearly see the Witch, "Tatania of the Terrana Clan. Bone Biter and Head Cleaver."

"Such Colorful titles... I wonder, do you know of mine?" Evalin began to pace in a circle around the Diverse, her red eyes with slitted pupils never leaving Tatania as she spoke, "I am the Sorceress of Flame and Shadow, the Witchling Child. I am the Whisper before Calamity, and I am the silence after the storm. I am she who shall shake the foundations of the world, and rend the world in flames so that it might be rebuilt anew." By this time Evalin had made a full circle and she paused, leaning on her staff once more, "Do you know why I have summoned you?"

Tatania nodded slowly, scratching her neck as she did, "You say great war is coming, and we Diverse will share in spoils."

"For a price." Evalin interjected, "I require 10 of your warriors to pledge their lives to me and to join the battle that will take place soon enough. You will fight until all are dead, or you lay dead instead. In return I provide you the loot of a new world. Claim the precious stones and riches deep in their caves, take them women and children of the survivors and do as you like. Take their weapons and kill them with their own blades. I care not what you do with what you receive." The nuit tapped her staff, her grin slipping as she stared at the diverse, "I only require your clan to lay down their lives if that must be the case. If they survive they will receive great riches, if they die..." Evalin smiled, "Well, then they are dead."

Evalin raised her hands to her side, one still gripping her staff, "Death and glory, or riches and blood. Those are what I offer those of you who join me. What say you oh Bone Biter and Head Cleaver?"

The Diverse was Silent for nearly a full chime, unblinking as she stared just past evalin's shoulder. For a moment Evalin thought she might have died standing as she was, but finally she sifted her eyes back to the nuit, "For battle... For blood and gold and treasure... The Terrana clan will fight for Immortal Evalin. When we fight?"

Evalin smiled, "Soon... Very soon." Evalin then gave to this woman a specific location to wait, one where she could precisely open a portal to allow her clan to enter the world. Then it was all prepared.

"Await you then for the portal to open, and when it does send your greatest warriors through so that they might be of use to me. If they live they shall bring back such riches as to be the envy of many in your world, and for centuries to come your clan shall be one of my Favored."

Tatania gave a slight dip of her head, "We wait. We be honored of the Contractor. Terrana clan ready for War."

With a snap of the Immortals fingers the portal began to close and Evalin turned away, stroking Tsenrika's smooth surface, "That went smoother than expected."

"Doubt I greatly that this shall continue."
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Talks Across the Stars

Postby Evalin on August 26th, 2014, 1:44 am

47th of Summer, 514 AV
Time: Evening

Evalin rubbed her temples as she looked back up at the hulking beast of a man before her. He was perhaps one of the biggest Diverse Evailn had ever seen, and his arrogance was just as large. Though when her eyes slipped downward Evalin sneered at the irony that he was not quite so big everywhere. Still, his voice was beginning to grate on her nerves.

"Bolluck Clan will fight if give Bolluck Clan more Gold than give other clans." He said for about the fifth time, and once more Evalin shook her head, "Look here you moronic simpleton, I control NOT the amount that you collect. I simply open the door and let you and your clan lay siege and gather what you may. However much that is depends entirely upon you."

He slammed his fat fist on the ground, "Then you summon Bolluck Clan FIRST and we get gold and treasure before other clans."

"Do not be so thick you will be summoned as I require you, not by your demanded order."

"Then bolluck clan no fight for Witchling."

The nuit frowned. Today she wore her smaller body, more out of habit than anything. Her staff was in her hand, leaning against her shoulder as her fingers gripped it tighter and tighter in frustration. Stilted pupils and pointed teeth remained as usual, but this day Tsenrika stood behind her, a looming shadow that gave off a cold bloodlust that the Diverse seemed to enjoy.

Evalin held the silence for a chime and then looked down at her hands that were ringing her staff, "Tell me, are you the leader of your clan?"

He beat his chest, "Dollard, Bolluck Clan is mine."

"And do you yet have a successor?"

Dollard paused, lowering his fist, "Successor only come when Dollard is killed and no one stronger than Dollard."

"Is that so..." Evalin looked up at The Diverse and raised one hand, res beginning to spill out into a swirling mass, shimmering as ice crystals began to form, "Then I will speak with the successor who is soon to come."

Before Dollard could speak Evalin flicked her risk, the barbs of ice shooting into his neck, gouging his eyes and sinking into his forehead. The great beast sputtered as blood began to pour from his woulds but Evalin was already waving her hand, the portal closing to suck the foolish Diverse into the swirling djed.

"It is as you said..." Evalin whispered, rubbing her temples.

"You did not doubt my words." Tsenrika said matter of factually, resting a hand gently on Evalin's shoulder, "Not all will so willingly pledge themselves to the cause that we have set for them."

"What fools." the nuit growled, swiping away Tsenrika's and and turning back toward the smudged Summoning circle, "But it matters not. I will shatter all that would stand against my will. These Diverse, these creatures who have no master, I will break them and bend them all to my will of this you may be certain."

"There are still a number of clans to speak with." The Familiar pointed out, kneeling behind Evalin and wrapping his arms around her, "More of the foolish creatures for my Master to bring to submission. More to cast their lives at her feet and beg her mercy."

Evalin smiled and chuckled, petting the Familiar's hand where it rested over her chest, "You do know how to encourage me, do you not my dear Tsenrika?"
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Talks Across the Stars

Postby Evalin on August 26th, 2014, 3:42 am

67th of Summer, 514 AV

Evalin frowned in concentration as she held her staff above her head, the mental image of her prepared circle now coursing through and affixing itself through the djed that she bled into the staff itself. It was just the usual, standard circle, a four point circle with the 16 coordinates indicating its destination to be the world of the Diverse. She indicated that particular spot on the world where the Diverse were even now gathering. Solidifying that image in her mind Evalin slammed the end of her staff on the ground, where it struck great flames leapt out, drawing upon the ground in black scorches the images she was focused upon.

As the flames died down Evailn stepped out of her creation, dusting off her robes as she handed her staff to Tsenrika who stood close by, "Hope I that this clan be more easily persuaded than the last few."

"Indeed. If you continue to kill their leaders you shall have no Diverse left to do battle." The Familiar accepted the staff, holding it slightly off the ground as if he did not wish it to get dirty.

"If they would simply do as I wish there would be no need for their deaths." The nuit shrugged and pricked her finger on the sharp edge of the staff, holding her hand over the circle, "But we shall see."

The drop of white fell and the circle was lit with power, pulling apart the fabric of space to create a doorway to another world... a world through which a new creature would emerge. The swirl of power began to rise as a head broke the surface, hands scrambling at the sides, pulling out a figure that stood to its feet. This man, for it was male, made Evalin tilt her head. He was small by Diverse, and thin. He was only a little taller than Evalin was in her adult form, and his frame was thin, almost sickly. His bones as well were odd. Skin was stretched tight over his skeleton which appeared to have a few too many ribs. Odd knobs and distortions on his shoulders and other parts of his body were made all the stranger by the weird curve of his back. Now that she noticed Evalin could also see white protrusions along his spine where the bone had broken through the skin entirely.

Making these observations Evalin blinked and turned her full attention to the man's eyes, which were a startling crystal blue, "Speak little one. Do you know why you have been summoned?"

"Yes..." He said slowly, his eyes looking around him in quick flicks, analyzing his surroundings even as he spoke, "I was summoned to speak with the Immortal Witch Evalin on the terms of War." He looked back to meet the nuit's eyes unwaveringly, "I take it that you are Evalin?"

Holding back her surprise Evailn glanced sideways at Tsenrika who was observing the Diverse with interest. The hesitated only a tick before refocusing on the creature, "Yes. I am Evalin, and it was I who summoned you. What is your name?"

"Markolis. Markolis Denere." he straightened his back ever so slightly but it did little more but bring more attention to his deformities.

Evailn parted her lips, showing her pointed teeth to see what reaction she might get as she smiled, but there was none to come. This Markolis seemed different than the other Diverse. Not just intelligent, but almost like a different species, "You are first of your kind I have met who has given me a surname. Why is that?"

Markolis just shrugged, looking around again, "Most do not have the attention span to think up more than one name, but that is besides the point." He looked at Evalin again, "You are gathering our forces to fight for you in this 'war' you have promised. You say our people will gain riches or valor in the coming battle, but while you put on the face that you are negotiating you have killed every clan leader who did not ally himself with your way of thinking. This is no way to win the trust of your would be warriors."

As I told you. Tsenrika said, brushing against Evalin's consciousness with a bit of arrogance showing through his words. This Evalin chose to ignore however, not losing eye contact with the Diverse, "And who are you to question my methods? I have gained the assertion of several of the clans thus far, and those that have not yet submitted will in time."

"But you are running out of time." Markolis said. It was was then that he smiled and Evalin saw the rows of crooked teeth, "Do not act surprised it is obvious by your actions. You hastened all of the Diverse to gather, and now you are 'negotiating' with as many clans as possible but only asking for a small number from each. That means you have very little time and are just trying to collect what you can in the time you are provided. When others do not cooperate with you, you dispose of them as it takes far too long to reach a proper compromise."

Evalin could not hide the downward turn of her lips as she folded her hands at her waist, "How... clever of you. Then I assume you have an offer that will make all of my difficulties 'disappear' then?"

"Of course not." Evalin's frown deepened, "But I can save you some time and gather a few of the Diverse to your cause from the other side, for a price of course."

"And your price?"

"Gold." He said, "Gold is as valuable over there as it is here, and he who has the gold has greater control. Give me a portion of it now to take back and I will gather no less than 3 clans to your cause, boosting your force in half the time without you having to do a thing."

This one is quite clever, but what he proposes is reasonable. Tsenrika rested one hand on Evalin's shoulder, letting her lean against him as she stared at Markolis, Need you not say thus... for it infuriates me to accept the meaning of your words.

Evalin pretended to mull over the offering before speaking slowly, "Very well. I accept your offering. I will give you fifty gold pieces, and another fifty when you have gathered the clans together and gained their submission to my will. Then when the time comes I will summon you and those under you to this world to receive the first raid."

"One Hundred."

Evalin's brows knitted together, "What...?"

"I will take 100 cold pieces now, and an additional 50 upon completing your request." He grinned wider, "I have to have some leverage to win over the ears of the savages."

Again Evalin fell silent, pondering what was said before finally sighing and reaching into the pouch at her side, "Very well. 100 pieces now, and an additional 50 when you succeed. Should you fail, however, I will carve what you owe from your very flesh."

Markolis fetched a leather sack from some place on his person and quickly stashed away the gold that Evailn passed him, grinning all the while as he nodded, "Excellent. You have made a wise decision. I will gather those clans and act as your intermediary. They will be ready when your summons come."

Evalin nodded, and with a wave of her hand dismissed the Diverse, not even watching him as she sunk back into the portal and the door closing shut behind him.

Tsenrika could feel the anger in Evailn's soul and so came close, passing her back her staff. Evalin took up her tool, the touch of its rough wood against her dead skin somehow soothing, "Markolis Denere... He will be the first of his kind to die in the name of the Immortal witch..."
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Talks Across the Stars

Postby Voodoo on September 5th, 2014, 4:28 am

Player 1 :
Skills:
  • Observation: +4
  • Summoning: +4
  • Morphing: +1
  • Socialization: +3
Loot:
  • -100 GM: A gift to Markolis to bring him into Evalin's service
Lores:
  • The Diverse: Females Among Them
  • The Diverse: Offering a Contract
  • Culture: No Succession to the Diverse
  • The Diverse: Not all Bulky and Stupid
  • Markolis: A Greedy Diverse

Comments :
As usual, a wonderful thread. The way you describe the Diverse is fascinating and I look forward to seeing them out and about in Falyndar. Things are about to get interesting. Questions, comments, concerns? Please PM me.
Voodoo
I'm known for ma graveside manner...

Words: 73986
Joined roleplay: June 3rd, 2014, 4:50 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Power Fork (1)