[Wind Reach] Fish and Falcons [Kadin]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Kovac on August 2nd, 2010, 3:59 pm

Kovac spotted the falcon circling the lake, its sharp eye focused on a spot near the middle of the lake. He knew the raptor had located its quarry and would be plummeting down to snatch it up at any moment.

He frantically raised the bow again, the barbed head of the fishing arrow dancing hectically as Kovac sought something to shoot at. A bluish reflection caught his eye, and he snapped the arrow tip to aim at the fish. He let the string go and watched the arrow once again pierce the lake's surface. The archer turned his head to see the falcon rising from the lake, water dripping from its feet, but before he could see if it had already caught something, he felt the tug of the line tied around his wrist. looking down, the line had become taunt and danced back and forth. Hauling the line in, the arrow emerged with a small blue-silver fish writhing at its end.

Ecstatic, Kovac turned to raise the arrow-pierced fish up so Kadin could see it. His victorious smile smoothed momentarily as he looked up to see if her falcon had beat him to the punch.
Kovac
Snarky Mongrel

Words: 534544
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2010, 7:19 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Kadin on August 7th, 2010, 12:15 am

oocSorry for the late response, been travelling!

The oddly shaped arrow dove back into the lake again, both Kadin and Kovac anticipating the results nervously. Her heart was in a knot; she was rather anxious about the results, half of her wanting the experiment to succeed. Wouldn't that make him one of the best archers in Wind Reach? Perhaps not, but definitely the most creative. The arrow seemed like it was taking it's time underwater, taking in the sights or something. Finally, the string tensed as Kovac tried to draw back the arrow, which seemed to have acquired a different mass. Sure enough, when it resurfaced, one of the fish did in fact get caught on the uniquely crafted arrowhead. Before she could express her enthusiasm, she was quick to remember that she would probably have to pay him now. He looked up towards her momentarily before looking upwards, looking for the falcon. Her eyes followed his, finding the bird rising again after his dive.

Having been completely absorbed with what the hunter was doing, she had failed to pay any heed to the bird, including the prize dangling from its talons. Even though his master had her attention focused on something else, Zèke had continued with the task at hand, doing what he knew best. He expressed his victory with a screech, the noise amplifying with the echoes.

Kadin was completely unsure of who won. They caught the fish almost simultaneously! Thoughts completely tangled, she tried to think of something, quickly. Her selfish need to win the bet won over her in the heat of the moment, and she yelled out without thinking, "Zèke got it! Win for the falconer!" It was the closest to a lie she'd probably ever get; In her defense she really didn't know who won, and her brain merely substituted the gap in time in her favor.
Kadin
Player

Words: 18194
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2010, 4:51 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Kovac on August 9th, 2010, 12:02 pm

The raised arrow holding the harpooned fish so victoriously faltered and dropped as Kovac saw the noble falcon soar over the lake, the water still dripping from the fat fish in it's talons. He looked over again at Kadin, whose eyes darted from her raptor to him, then in a sudden change of expression, claimed victory for her and the bird.

Crestfallen, but not surprised, the archer stepped back off the rock by the lake and took his catch back to a basket sitting in the grass. He yanked the fish from the arrow and dropped it into the basket, wiping the slime-coated arrowhead on the grass. His gaze lifted reluctantly to the falconer, a bit sheepish and a tad irritated.

"I suppose I owe you that training..."
He muttered with a pout, then broke into a self-conscious grin. "Kind of a dumb challenge to make I guess."

Careful not to appear overly conceding, Kovac quicly replied. "But I did only start to use this today," he retorted, waving the fishing arrow, "so it really wasn't fair." His gaze remained on Kadin's sharp features for a moment, to see if she was buying it, before looking down to remove the line from his wrist.
Kovac
Snarky Mongrel

Words: 534544
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2010, 7:19 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Dreamcatcher on October 4th, 2010, 9:27 pm

Character: Kovac

Experience: +3 Fishing, +1 Swimming, +2 Socializing
Lore: Fishing with a Bow

Character: Kadin

Experience: +2 Socializing, +2 Fishing
Lore: Making Bets

Additional Note: Ok going to call this thread over, if you feel that I missed something please PM me with the details on what I missed and I will review it.
Dreamcatcher
Retired Staff

Words: 120506
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2010, 4:27 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous