[Aerer's Scrabbook] Aerer Errors

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Redd on September 24th, 2014, 9:42 am

Because I'm Awesome~

Lol, yes, that's right I'm awesome. Na, I kid. Look, if you find that you are burnt out or running low inspiration, then I guess, my only suggestion would be. 'Don't bite off more than you can chew.'

Sometimes, we just have to find our thread limit and when we reach that limit, we often burn ourselves out. Don't write on Mizahar to boast about how many threads that you have, write on Mizahar to enjoy your journey! Like you said, writing is suppose to be fun, it's not suppose to feel like work. You are probably feeling burnt out because you have found your thread limit.

Now that you have found your limit, you work with it and around it. You plan your threads accordingly and things will become much easier. Don't be like me and have like twenty active threads. It's madness I tell you! Madness! Haha, na I kid. When I first started out, I mostly did only one or two threads at a time, just to get the hang of the game. Then I made like five other characters and I ended up with twenty to thirty threads at any one time. Honestly, I find that not stressing or feeling guilty about anything is best, because once I put those two feelings aside, I can enjoy the journey.

Find out what works for you, find some strategy that doesn't make you feel stressed or guilty. Find some limit where you feel like you have a hold of your threads and your limit, then just enjoy the journey. After-all, that's why we are all here!

~Zebra

Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Words: 425591
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 1:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Nellie Hawkins on September 24th, 2014, 3:36 pm

I'll chime in a bit on this: most people who are writing here have developed a bit of patience with respect to reply times. Waiting a bit is almost expected, since everyone knows that RL puts its foot down in the most unexpected ways sometimes.

In short, there's usually no reason to add to your own pressure by worrying about who is waiting on you. Just, obviously, drop them a line and let them know you're finding it tough to post just then. I've had almost no one threaten to come at me with a sharpened quill for being slow. :D
Nellie Hawkins
Player

Words: 125691
Joined roleplay: August 19th, 2014, 11:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Noven on September 24th, 2014, 8:38 pm

Might I add that sometimes a longer delay between posts is actually better, because it gives both players time to recharge their creative/writing juices. Also it allows for longer posts because there is less pressure to churn one out. Honestly, I prefer ones with a bit of a delay than ones I feel the need to post for everyday.

So as all the others have said before me, don't sweat it man. Delays are perfectly normal and acceptable. Some people go whole weeks without posting and for the most part no one overly minds.

Stay cool, don't fret, keep on Mizing 8)
Noven
Taste my fist

Words: 816073
Joined roleplay: December 16th, 2013, 11:11 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Aerer on September 28th, 2014, 4:13 pm

I'm going to sing the doom song now

On hilarious moments where I am definitely horribly in dire straits
Aerer
Player

Words: 42682
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2014, 1:54 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Aerer on October 16th, 2014, 4:47 pm

Blahs and Glums

On Sickness
Its been a while and I just wanted to offer a formal apology to people who I owe a response to. I'm physically drained, mentally exhausted and releasing a creative muse just did not seem to be in the cards. I am hoping to return as soon as possible however due to outside influences, internal bad decisions and otherwise what would be considered "life" I am not at this time able to respond with any flair or gusto.

Please PM me if theres something that would be of a more urgent matter for posting otherwise, once again, will return as soon as I am of sound mind and body.

That sounds a lot more dire then I aimed it to be.

Miss you all.

-A
Aerer
Player

Words: 42682
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2014, 1:54 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Previous