[Sylira OOC Chat] Crossroads

A gathering place for all OOC Wildlands discussion.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Postby Twister on October 14th, 2014, 8:53 pm

That is great, Garland. :) I know we talked about this before, and may consider it. Are you below 18? All in all, though, it's good that you want to help and intend to apply. When it gets closer to the date, make sure you PM me so we can work on an application and I can quiz you further. ;)
Twister
Justice is Dead, Faith is Blind

Words: 258837
Joined roleplay: November 18th, 2012, 7:01 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Garland on October 14th, 2014, 8:59 pm

I am below 18.

Honestly, I wanted to help with the CSes. There just seems like a lot, and so I wanted to try to apply there, but as you can see, I'm under 18
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Perplexity on October 25th, 2014, 11:34 pm

Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Aider Silander on October 25th, 2014, 11:38 pm

ImageImage

Last edited by Aider Silander on October 25th, 2014, 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hey all, just wanted to say I am sorry for any delays and failed promises. I am getting ready for a huge trip out of the country as well as taking on a lot of extra shifts at work. The creative side of my brain hasn't been active as of late.
Aider Silander
She has my heart on the end of her blade.

Words: 170163
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2013, 4:03 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Avarice on October 25th, 2014, 11:39 pm

And with that said, back to grading I go. Tiredness be damned!!!
Avarice
Twister's Avaricious Minion; AS of Sunberth

Words: 128126
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2014, 3:12 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Perplexity on October 26th, 2014, 3:05 pm

Hello Sylira,

I am taking the time to approach the community in the region for several reasons. The first of them is because I generally like chit-chatting with everyone!
Hi! Howdy! How are you!? How’s the family? Did you get that rash taken care of? >.>

Anywho! The second reason I am writing this today is because quite frankly, Mizahar needs help. The website has seen a slight turnover in staff lately. To that end we need you. We need your help. While the Sylira region is indeed mostly covered in terms of its domains as far as Storytellers goes we are and (for the most part) always have been the region that has the highest player activity.

To that end I am going to take the time to just say a few things that I hope reaches a few people, if only a few. Why? Because a few is all it takes. If just a few people stepped up to the plate then everyone would find their enjoyment of Mizahar made that much better.

Here’s why…

Who is it that manages each domain? Storytellers.

Who writes the wonderful calendars that each domain enjoys giving direction every season? Storytellers.

Who create the challenges players have the freedom to enjoy? Storytellers.

Who provides direction in times of confusion or when lore comes into question? Storytellers.

Who primarily creates, develops and articulates city locations, NPC’s, and other items every player enjoys? Storytellers.

Who create, manage and track on-going plots for domains that all players inevitably participate in at one point in time or another? Storytellers.

The list goes on.

Storytellers are the givers of this website. They devote a lot of time, energy and creativity to keeping it flowing. Currently there are 17 routinely active moderators across the website. That’s 17 people to manage 6 regions, 40 domains, 44 sub-forums, hundreds of in-characters locations, hundreds of NPC’s, thousands of lore articles, and a never ending stream of grade requests that goes well into the hundreds every month.

Ladies and gentlemen, do the numbers. 17 people is not enough. There are the PC Graders but of 38 players who are registered as having the authority to act as a Grader, less than 10 are actively grading. Mizahar has hit a hard place.

So what am I trying to say? There are a lot of players on Mizahar. Very few of them give back to the website they enjoy so much. I am reaching out to you personally. Mizahar has a few choice areas that very much need some attention. Syliras, Riverfall, Endrykas, Lhavit and Wind Reach to name a few.

If you are interested, please contact a Storyteller. It can be any Storyteller you are comfortable with. We will help you through the process and if one of us doesn’t have the answers we can direct you to someone who does. Thank you for your time. Thank you for your consideration.

Regards,
Perplexity
Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Garland on October 26th, 2014, 3:24 pm

I have applied to be a junior Storyteller. And I really don't want this place to die out like the other rp sites I've joined, I know that Junior storytellers aren't as good as Assistant or domain storytellers, but I'm willing to do what I can to help. So to the inactive graders, please help. And to the people who are interested, please consider joining. I've roleplayed with some of you out there, and I can see that you people are imaginative, and could help with the sheer amount of work our storytellers do to keep this site alive. I hope that at least some of you try to apply and help with the ever growing work these men and women have to look over.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Mirage on October 27th, 2014, 4:24 pm

Thank you for volunteering :)
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Athaera on October 28th, 2014, 1:27 pm

I'm considering applying, but I barely qualify for JrST (I'm thirteen). Because of swim practice, I usually don't get home until around 6:30-7:15ish. That leaves about an hour to go on the internet. That's only an hour I can contribute to Mizahar a day. Weekends, I have more time, along with over the summer. I'm honestly not sure how much time I need to be able to dedicate to JrSTing. Would this be enough?
|~|Avatar by Myra Karaugh|~|
My PCs
Lisana
Athaera
I plan to retire this PC once I finish all the threads I am participating in.
Athaera
Short-Tempered Huntress

Words: 56506
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2014, 2:52 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Garland on October 28th, 2014, 1:46 pm

I think it sounds good. Anything that helps would help. But you better ask the others for a professional opinion
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext