[Seaside Market] You Scratch My Back (Amon)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Mirian Jade on October 20th, 2014, 3:57 am

He seemed rather pleased with himself at her discomfort––at least, that was what she thought because he hadn’t stopped smiling––and it put her even more on edge.

Breathe.

Mirian looked down, biting at her lip and wiping the irritation from her face.

“Thank you,” she said as he went to work. “I’m not used to… most people wouldn’t do that.”

He pulled out a bag of things and from the bag he pulled an odd metal thing, one which he set to work with pulling the shards of wood from Mirian’s knee. As he did so, Mirian turned her attention back to his fallen possessions, trying to plan a course of action where she could swipe that lovely coinpurse without having to run. Perhaps if she offered to help him pick up his things when he was done?

She was cut off from her conniving by a sudden pain on her wound, and she hissed in surprise.

“This will tingle a bit, then stop. Tell me when it stops, alright?”

Already she could feel what he’d said she would, something between pain and tickling and then something between tickling and numbness.

“What’s your name?” the man asked.

“I… Mirian. My name is Mirian.”
ImageImageImage[/center]
Mirian Jade
made of bad days

Words: 99636
Joined roleplay: October 15th, 2014, 3:32 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Amon Torque on October 20th, 2014, 10:43 pm

Amon watched continued to dab the blood off the cut for another half a minute, noticing that she had stopped flinching at the sudden touches. It finally stopped the flow completely, and Amon stood, looking back out over the water. "That should do it," he said, already bending to pick up one of the farthest away jars, taking his eyes away from the water and the woman, glueing his eyes to his current task of picking up the jars.

He squinted as he looked into the bright sunlight reflecting off the metal, forcing the hot glare of the sun into his eyes. His golden eyes were still adapting to the new light, seeing red spots. "If it gets infected, I come here around Noon every couple of days, will be by the herb stand." He wanted to do more for the woman, but he had fulfilled his inner need to help out.

The bulging coin purse sat nearby, out of his peripheral entirely, giving the woman a clear shot to grab it and go, if her moral would allow her to do so. Amon had been too trusting on this particular day, underestimating Mirian's capabilities and never doubting her intentions when bumping into him.

His eyes had a sort of sheen over them, protecting him from the true reality that anyone could have great reason to see his demise, and that sheen needed to be broken if he were to survive the future years.
ImageImageImage
Amon Torque
Style in Simplicity.

Words: 79602
Joined roleplay: September 1st, 2014, 6:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Mirian Jade on October 20th, 2014, 11:32 pm

It was another half a minute before the man finished up… whatever it was he was doing, then standing.

“That should do it,” he said cheerfully.

Mirian hauled herself to her feet, wincing at the pain in her knee at the movement. The man had already set about to picking up his jars, and without a thought Mirian picked up the coinpurse when his back was turned.

She was then presented with the revelation that the coinpurse was altogether too big to fit in her pocket. She quickly tried to shove it down her shirt, but it didn’t fit there, either, not without making a glaringly obvious lump.

Biting back an irritated harrumph, Mirian decided in an instant that she had dallied too long already. She could take this, she just… had to do it right now. Without a second glance to the man behind her, Mirian took off into the crowds, hoping the the Ukalas that she could outrun him.
ImageImageImage[/center]
Mirian Jade
made of bad days

Words: 99636
Joined roleplay: October 15th, 2014, 3:32 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Amon Torque on October 21st, 2014, 12:16 am

When Amon turned, he was confused. There was nobody in the place where there had been only moments before, and for a second he though he may have imagined the entire thing. But that did not explain his empty vial, or his jars strewn across the ground along with his bag of coins. My money! he thought wildly, looking through the crowd and finding the thief nowhere to be found. He knew chasing her down would be futile and pointless, leaving him no choice but to accept the fact his hard-earned mizas had been taken.

Thank the gods there were no silver or gold mizas in there. Still, Amon scolded himself fiercely for his incompetence, so foolish! He had known the harsh nature of Sunberth from boyhood, this was only the harsh reminder that the old threats were still around, waiting in plain sight. Amon sighed, collecting his things and turning back toward his modest home, pockets lighter than they were on the walk over.
ImageImageImage
Amon Torque
Style in Simplicity.

Words: 79602
Joined roleplay: September 1st, 2014, 6:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Avarice on October 31st, 2014, 8:01 pm

Greetings! Salutations! Hello! *insert all other greetings in ze world*

I am Avarice, your lovely AS of Sunberth; and I am here to inform you that there is something wonderful coming your way...A Grade! Yes. You've finished a thread and it was wonderful so below you'll find your hard-earned XP and Lores. Any questions? PM me! (Don't be shy, I don't bite...I promise!) Also, please be sure to edit your post in the request thread to reflect your having received a grade!

Mirian
XP
  • Observation +5
  • Rhetoric +5
  • Seduction +3
  • Larceny +2
  • Subterfuge +2
  • Acrobatics +1
  • Running +1
LORE
  • There's an Uneasiness in the Market...
  • Seduction: Exposing Cleavage for Effect
  • Subterfuge: Using Loudness as a Distraction
  • Amon, the Man with the Bulging Purse
  • Faking a Fall
  • Herbalism: Infusions Help Wounds
  • Snatching a Purse
MISCELLANEOUS
  • +20 cm (Theft from Amon)
  • Copper Rings (2; 6 cm value)
  • Hourglass Charm (2 cm value)
  • Knife (5 sm value)

Amon
XP
  • Observation +5
  • Negotiation +1
  • Medicine +4
  • Socialization +2
LORES
  • Roaming About...Obliviously
  • Mirian: The Beauty of the Seaside Market
  • Mirian: A Thief
  • It's An Herbalist's Nature to Help All Ails
  • Medicine: Searching for a Strain
  • Medicine: Treating a Scraped Knee
MISCELLANEOUS
  • Expense: -1 sm (4, 1 oz Jars of Beeswax)
  • Theft: -20 cm

Yours Truly,
Avarice <3
Avarice
Twister's Avaricious Minion; AS of Sunberth

Words: 128126
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2014, 3:12 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1