Closed What A Mess!

Pulren works on flood repairs at the docks after the rains.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

What A Mess!

Postby Pulren Marsh on July 10th, 2014, 1:01 am

19th of Summer, AV 514

Like a big frog, Pulren burst from the water's surface, his eyes magnified by his swimming goggles as he took a large breath. Looking down on him were a few sailors, scratching their heads and waiting for news. Sliding the leather strap of the eyewear back on his head, he blinked a bit while treading water with his fins. One of them, a younger red haired man about Pulren's age, looked over and tried to peer into the waters below. "So, how bad is it?"

Pulren listened to the lapping waves against the docks and laughed, his arms moving in time with the strokes of his fin fitted legs. "It's not good. What happened to get that much of a mess tangled up down there?" The older man of the trio, perhaps in his late thirties, piped right in. "Well, we had several coils of rope ready to moor the rowboats, but then the pier gave way with the tidal surges. So, if there be a web of hemp down there, we apologize."

Shrugging, Pulren reached down and freed the breath bag from his belt loop, expelling it and refilling it with a new gulp. "It's going to take a while to get it undone. When are they bringing the new timber in?" The older one sent the quiet of the three off. "We'll check on it. Need anything else from us?" Pulren thought about it a moment. "A knife would be good. Sharp one. I'll salvage what I can." The redhead reached into a small scabbard at his side and handed the diver a knife, which he nodded and thanked him for.

Sliding his goggles back on and securing his breath bag, he added, "Any help would be appreciated as well." With that, he dove forward and his fins flapped the surface of the water, the Guardsman returning to the tangled mess of wood and rope below.
Last edited by Pulren Marsh on July 19th, 2014, 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Words: 503518
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2014, 3:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

What A Mess!

Postby S'Essy on July 13th, 2014, 3:18 pm

The big and terrible rain was finally over. It was more of a trouble than help. Though she didn't mind swimming, she prefer to swim in the ocean or sea not, between houses on the streets. She could only stay at the house most of the times. It was boring and she had enough of it. Finally she could go out and check the city. Hopefully the city didn't suffer too much nor it's people. She had to check if anyone needs help.

She came out and looked around the place. A mess. She didn't see anyone get hurt at least not where she was. They were out too, but they were rather busy. No wonder, there were damages to fix. She couldn't help with that too much unfortunately. She was walking towards ocean. She was keep looking around the city.

She noticed there were flood. Where the dock should have been, there was just water. She hurried towards there, she saw people were working there too. She could be more help there. A man who was in the water asked for help. It was good to see that some learnt how to swim. She could be more help underwater then on the land.

She didn't bother too much, she quickly took off her clothes and jumped into the water right away. She still didn't go down. She needed to ask what to do. Her head was up at the surface. "I'm not the strongest person here, but I'm a pretty good swimmer. I can stay underwater as long as I have to. And I'm also a healer, so if anyone needs help with wounds or even cold, I can help!"
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Words: 267181
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 6:16 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

What A Mess!

Postby Pulren Marsh on July 13th, 2014, 5:03 pm

The light from the surface was still visible but fading as Pulren descended into the shaky remnants of the dock. Some of the timber supports were broken and only held together by the mass of rope that was tangled and wrapped around everything. He looked at his knife for a moment and shook his head, smiling. Looking back at the dock supports as they approached the shore, he thought he might start with the ropes that wouldn't drop the whole dock.

It didn't help that he could see--and hear--- the feet and motion of people on the docks. He could see the reverberation and movement of the jagged timber and watch the ropes loosen and pull. He would have to clear people from the damaged portion of the docks or lives could be in danger. The thoughts gave way to the need of air, so he pushed the spent air out in a mass of bubbles and then took in a fresh breath from the uncorked bladder, the bag returned to his belt.

Moving in toward the shore, a splash occurred above and Pulren looked up, glad for help in his endeavor. The sight of a woman's form, long and slender, slid through the water. Completely free of blemish or hue, her form was so pale that nothing was hidden from his sight. The lack of clothes didn't help either, causing the rest of his air to leave his lungs. Kicking in two powerful strokes, he broke the surface, a great breath taken in as his eyes caught the upper half of the woman, beautiful in every way.

"You're naked." The water seemed warmer now, his legs moving in a lazy treading as Pulren desperately tried to keep his eyes on her own eyes.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

What A Mess!

Postby S'Essy on September 13th, 2014, 7:07 pm

"Anyone?" She asked again and looking around. Nobody seemed to require and such, so she was ready to go down. But she wrong after a tick a man stepped out.

"Actually... I feel kind of funny." He said somewhat nervously, but he really didn't seem to be someone who looked good. She couldn't tell much from there so she waved at him to come closer. He was walking towards her. "Okay lean closer, let me check your forehead." The man blinked and looked a bit confused. "Look I can't help you if you don't. Don't worry I won't pull you in." He nodded and did as the healer asked. She put one hand on his forehead. It was definitely hot, he had a fever.

She didn't hesitate, she closed her eyes and focused on her gnosis. Using Rak'keli's power to heal the man. She opened her eyes and pulled away her hand. The man looked much better than before. He straightened up and it was like he was thinking, then he smiled. "Thanks lass, I'm feeling much better." The Konti smiled back and nodded, this time she ready to go down, helping that man down there. He looked awfully familiar to her. But she didn't have to go down, as he came up.

It was Pulren and his first reaction made her chuckle."Yes I am, and you are not. Maybe you are the one who should feel shy?" She liked to joke with those people who acted like that. She just really couldn't care about nudity. In her opinion, people just put too much meanings to it sometimes. "Good to see you again. Doing your work for the city again?" She didn't wait for an answer for this, obviously he was. He was as dedicated as Markus. She was swimming around him, effortlessly. Finally she was in Laviku's waters and she was enjoying herself while she was helping also. This was the part. "So tell me what can I help with? I'm a really good swimmer and I can stay underwater as much as you like. It's the least I can do after you helping us."
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

What A Mess!

Postby Pulren Marsh on September 14th, 2014, 5:29 am

Her demeanor was as surprising as her appearance. She really didn't care about being naked and her ability to turn the attention directly back on him made Pulren a little jealous of Markus. He smiled and continued to the point of conversation. "Yes, the rains brought some large tidal surges in. Some ropes have been tangled among the timbers of the docks. If we don't get the ropes free, they could snap some of the older timbers and cause part of the dock to sink. So, I've been checking it out and trying to get the ropes free so that they can get the diving bell over to check the dock." It was a fair summation of the events. He kept smiling and moving his legs in the slow and easy tread.

"You guys are helping me too by offering me a seat on your journey. I would never have a reason to just go to Sunberth before. If you want to help, maybe swim down and look for the greatest points of tension in the ropes. I'll join you once you get your head start." Once she dove, he would wait a moment and reseal his breath bag before disappearing below, goggles on and fins kicking.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

What A Mess!

Postby S'Essy on September 21st, 2014, 5:43 pm

She was glad to see him back and healthy. Luckily the rain didn't really effect him or his mood. Working hard for the citizens once more. She could already notice already the big mass the rain did for the city. Especially for the docks, Laviku's sea was unbalanced here. "It's amazing... well terrifying how a simple rain could cause such trouble for us." She sighed as she swimming around Pulren still, enjoying herself in the sea which she couldn't visit for days. It was too much withdrawal for her, first her travel with Markus to Zeltiva than this rain, the gods and goddesses were against her for some reason.

S'Essy laughed when he mentioned their helping. Was it really helping? She wasn't even sure about that. "Don't mention it. If you are right, maybe it's not really a good thing to go to Sunberth." Her smile grew little when she mentioned that. She didn't want to go, she felt nervous about it but it couldn't be helped. She had to enjoy her time here while she could. And another travel through the sea sounded nice also. Brought back the bright smile on her face.

She got the instructions from him, the Konti just saluted at him and poked him. "Head start? But that wouldn't be fair... for you." She was grinning. "But as you say, maybe after this you can show me that Rak'keli shrine and also we can pray for Laviku? Didn't really have the chance." And with she left the surface and went to the deeps of the water. She was following the trace of ropes and tried to find a points as he said. It was not hard though, ropes were everywhere she just had to follow them.

And she got one or she thought so. A rope twisting several times on a pillar. She didn't do any action, waited for Pulren to dove. She was easily impressed and this case wasn't different. He was swimming down, trying to solve these things despite not having the advantages like her. Once he got to her, she was pointing at the point she found.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

What A Mess!

Postby Pulren Marsh on September 22nd, 2014, 8:11 am

Pulren liked the idea of taking S'Essy to the shrines. He had felt a strange tension about her initially, since her Knight seemed so protective. He would probably to, if he were into the whole one partner relationship thing. It seemed to work for Rick and his little family, but it just struck Pulren as unnatural. Not nearly as natural as the sight he beheld with her diving below him.

Doing his best to keep his wits about him, he pushed himself beneath the waves, his goggles surprisingly clear and fitted to his face. It was always annoying when water would trickle in and cause fogging. Capitalizing on the view, he swam deeper to her location, fins aiding in his locomotion. Once he reached S'Essy's location, his initial lustful thoughts gave way to the scene of beauty, her gills slowly opening and closing, her hair a tapestry among the green background. Allowing a stream of bubbles to leave his lungs and decrease the pressure, he nodded as she pointed to the pillar and its web of rope. He moved closer and gripped the ropes that coiled around the old wood.

Pushing the last bits of air from his lungs, he placed the mouth of the breath bag inside his lips before uncorking it with his teeth. His lungs thanked him for the fresh gulp of air and after he tied it back to his belt, his eyes used the extra time to survey the lines that snaked off from the central pillar. Unsheathing the knife, he sawed at what appeared to be the most slack of the three strands. His strokes were even and he kept himself calm so that he could use as much of the air as possible. Once the the pressure in his chest began, he found himself on ly half finished and he handed the knife to her.

Pointing at the place he had worked at, he smiled and nodded, his legs happy to push him toward the surface. The fins helped a great deal and when he broke through, a great gasp of breath rejuvenated him. It was just a rest of his bag and washing his goggles and he would rejoin her.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

What A Mess!

Postby S'Essy on September 27th, 2014, 2:45 pm

She was just wanted to laugh at how he looked. She knew other races needed a little help when they would swim underwater. But still it was amusing her. She didn't laugh loudly, she just giggled and her smile was big. She tried to keep it to herself and she didn't want to be rude. She stopped staring at her and focused at the duty though she noticed some of the bubbles escaping from him.

The Konti was watching as he was investigating the rope she showed to him. She was swimming close to it but quickly went back quickly as he pulled out his knife. It just surprised her, still she had enough bad experience with knifes and swords. She was thinking what to do while he was sawing those ropes, but not much opportunity she had, aside from looking around what needed help. She noticed a few spots but before she could go there she was given the knife.

She was confused for a several times when he swam up. He expected her to finish it? She couldn't help it but try it... no do it. She swam to the pillar and starting to saw. It seemed so much easier for Pulren, probably because he had some muscles to work with. But she had the advantage to stay underwater as long as she wished. She was holding the knife with both of her hands and was putting some pressure. Just a little, and little. And she had done it.

Being proud of herself she joined the guard to the surface. She looked around, when he finally saw it. "Done, I cut them." She said proudly and grinning. "I'll go look for more. By the way , you look really attractive in this suit." She said letting out a soft laugh. "I'm just joking, don't worry." She drowned back and went back to pillars and the web of ropes. She had noticed two pillars which were tied together with a single rope. She was waiting for Pulren to give his knife back.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

What A Mess!

Postby Pulren Marsh on October 13th, 2014, 9:16 am

Before he could take that gulp of air and dive again, S'Essy was breaking the water's surface, proudly proclaiming her victory over the ropes. This brought a smile to Pulren's lips as his legs continued to sway and keep him level. Before he could say a word, she was telling him that he looked attractive, but was joking? As she entered the water again with a light splash, he could only look shocked. "Why would I worry about that? It would be a blessing from Laviku Himself."

A chorus of chuckles came from above as he could see the dockworkers still watching. The consensus was that they agreed with his statement about her, though their views were a bit more crude. Nothing he wasn't used to from sailors. Swimming over to the dock's edge, which was now higher above the water with some of the pressure relieved, he looked out toward the great apparatus he had seen in the distance prior. "We're making good time. I think you could probably bring the diving bell over now. I'm no engineer. I'll get back to it in the meantime." He could see the knife loaner opening his mouth. "And yes, you will get it back. It's in capable hands as you can see."

Once he saw them headed off toward the boat which carried the diving platform, he pushed off and inhaled again before descending, his goggles back on and his bag attached. She was still at work among the timbers, her underwater grace only making her more desirable. Pulren had to swim at a flanking speed in order to catch up to her. Once he did, he could see the single rope tying the tow pillars together. He took the knife back and gave her a thumbs up of approval. He would tell her about the bell soon enough, though she would probably be able to notice the commotion above.

The effort had used up his first lungful, so after expelling his bubbles, Pulren took a gulp of fresh air from the breath bag and set to sawing the rope. He looked back in the direction of the bell himself for a moment and then grabbed the rope with his left hand to brace it as he sawed with his right.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

What A Mess!

Postby S'Essy on November 1st, 2014, 5:48 pm

She was trying to stop herself, but she couldn't. She was giggling underwater about his look. It wasn't that ridiculous but the Konti still found Pulren funny in his swimming suit. But she admired his efforts, unlike her, they needed help to stay underwater and if he needed that to do that, then there was nothing wrong with it. It's amusing to watch how other races swim in water. Pulren seemed one of the good ones, and he wasn't even a Svefra.

She gave the knife back to him, and nodded when was given a thumbs up. While he was dealing with the rope she was swimming around if there was more. Not much she noticed, Pulren had taken care most of the problems. He was here before her so it was no surprise, still she was impressed again. She swam back to him and she saw he still was sawing the rope. She wished to help but not much of help she could be, she had no knife and she could do it alone. Though something caught her attention. She looked up to the surface.

A big, black object was coming down in the water. She was wondering what it was, so she went to that direction, but of course she was keeping distance. Pulren would follow anyway. It was a big bell. For what use she wasn't sure. They planned to go down with it? Interesting for sure, but again they didn't have her gills to breath.

She swam up fully to the surface and was waiting for Pulren to come up finally. The Docks was looking better than before, people were working hard which was incredible to see. The Wave Guard came up as well. "Good work! You will be a fish in no time. " She patted his shoulder. "I didn't find any more ropes, anything else needed underwater? Or in here general where we can help?"
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Next