Closed Another misunderstanding, Another offended patron(Dmitri)

Finding someone in your seat is a creature of habbit's worst

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Another misunderstanding, Another offended patron(Dmitri)

Postby Aliara Cantrell on November 19th, 2014, 12:05 am

It had happened so suddenly, Aliara had been grinning and pushing on bearfaces chair however he had moved and steadied the chair before his hand collided with her shoulder, it was a short sharp shock before she slipped of the back of her stool.

Time seemed to slow down, her arms flayed around her and everyone’s eyes were on her. This was terrifying, everyone was chuckling away at her. Her cheeks flared fire red and she bite her tongue, Aliara felt a sharp pain in her lower spine as her rear finally hit the ground. She shot a glare at bearface and crossed her legs. She would not allow this man to take her dignity as well as her reputation.

“I can see up your nose from here,”

She kept her deadly gare as she rubbed her hands and pushed herself up. A sailor, with wide eyes and a small mouth, silently came and picked up her stool putting in back for her. She smiled as a thankyou and brushed herself off, The floor at been sticky and dirty and Aliara did not want to end up back there. Settling herself back into her stool Aliara brushed a stray hair into her bun and turned back to Derry.

“Derry, that is no way to treat a lady.”

Aliara had a feeling that wasn’t his name but Aliara couldn’t think of anything else it could be, if she had a kid as ugly and annoying as this she would have called her kid Derry. He mentioned that he was no knight in shiny armour and Aliara agreed, Knights could get woman and were remotely nice to talk to, The princess however was starting to get on her nerves.

As the bartender put a mug in front of her Aliara lifted it slowly, watching his face for any reaction, maybe he had spiked it? She never usually took drinks from strangers before, after all it was Sunberth, it could be spiked or even poisoned however Aliara found herself taking the sip. The ale burnt down her throat and left it warm.

She put the mug back down and shifted her shoulders. This night was one that Aliara wished she could forget however she found herself having fun. Apart from the embarrassment of landing on the ground, she knew that the sailors would never let it go, the name princess would knock around for a bit.

“It’s no way to make friends y’know.”

ImageImageImage
Aliara Cantrell
The Dreamer

Words: 114345
Joined roleplay: November 10th, 2014, 2:03 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Dmitri Saratov on November 19th, 2014, 4:51 am

Dmitri found himself laughing hard at the sight of Dollface flaying around, red as a tomato before even hitting the ground, in a way that was far too contrasting with the cheniving little sniffle-laughs all around the pub. He openly let out a very bold and amused laugh, fitting for a hairy boarface like him, since that seemed to be how he looked like to lill' Princess Peacock over here. Covering his eyes that got teary from laughing so hard, he could feel his face being sticky as hell from the ale that had been poured over him.

"I can see up more interesting parts from here, dollface."

He retorted to the nose-comment from Aliara, still with a big grin on his face, even after regaining his composure, he took another sip from his drink and pulled a face trying to imitate the evil glare the woman threw him, of course obnoxiously exagerrated as he tried his best to cross his eyes at the girl.

"Lady, my fat hairy silverback gorilla ass."

He turned his lowerbody halfway towards the girl to emphasize his words with actions. The food on the counter long since forgotten, as the doofy duo had moved on to the juiceeee. He couldn't help but curl his lipcorners slightly as Bratface over here acted all cutesy, moving her hair from her brightred face and tried to look all ladylike. Which she was far too good at for a petching merc.

"Oh come on now, who would want to be friends with lill' ol' me? I belong in a zoo according to you...And the sign around my neck that says Don't Feed Dmitri."

He put on a playful sadfaced act before raising his mug to the girl.

"TO ME! Because, well, you suck and kinda smell funny."

He said before grinning again and drinking from the mug.
Dmitri Saratov
The Rad Russian

Words: 79688
Joined roleplay: October 23rd, 2014, 6:25 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Aliara Cantrell on November 19th, 2014, 8:38 am

Aliara felt herself getting more and more offended as the night wore on. It had taken her years for men to take her seriously, no one to begin with would hire her. Always claiming that she was too pretty or to think. What did they expect a butch girl with a men's cut and no breasts? She just hmphed at Dmitri and drowned her drink, Derry suited him better, Aliara rubbed her eyes and turned to her drinking partner and stuck her tongue out.

“Just cause you've never met a girl how can kick your ass, You’re lucky i ain't charging you for my time. Usually call this sussing out the details. Maybe you should hire me to protect you from me.”

She had to admit her conversation with Dmitri was making her question whether she should give up the job, if no one took her seriously what was the point? Ordering another drink at Dmitri’s expense Aliara looked over at him and gave up.

“I want to be an Aerial dancer, like the Symenestra ones, i don't want to be a merc but it was either that or whoring myself out, i had to support my mum after my dad never came back okay? Its taken years for people to take me seriously and they still don’t so i guess then yes, i'm just a princess.”

Shrugging her shoulders Aliara picked up her mug and took a sip before laying her head on the bar. It was sticky and gross however Aliara didn’t care she just needed something to rest her head on, plus shed wash the sticky out of her hair when she got back home.

Her blue eyes scanning over his reactions to what she had finally admitted. Aliara wasn't the sort to just spill her secrets but Dmitri had already humiliated her by pushing her off her stool, ruined her confidence about being the tough mercenary.

“Yeah i smell like a peach just so you know.”

Aliara held out her wrist so Dmitri could smell the fragrance wafting from her clothes. She had stuffed lavender down the shirt and soaked it for long enough that it permanently smelt like lavender. Raising her eyebrows Aliara waited and moved her wrist again trying to get him to smell.
ImageImageImage
Aliara Cantrell
The Dreamer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Dmitri Saratov on November 19th, 2014, 9:09 am

For the first time in a while tonight, Dmitri didn't grin or laugh at what Aliara said. When she revealed her true ambitions in life, and what the situations had forced her to do, instead of following her dreams...There was nothing remotely funny about that. Especially when she mentioned it was indirectly, or directly, caused by the parental issue. Something Dmitri could relate to all too well, unfortunately. When the girl laid her head on the counter, almost as if admitting to this shyke of a lie she was forced to endure and to live day by day, Dmitri wanted to comfort her somehow. One of the emotions he rarely felt, it made him uncomfortable as he was used to not caring about anyone, one of the lies he had to live and endure day by day, himself.

"Who said I didn't take you seriously?"

Dmitri said as he looked at the girl with the stretched out arm, almost as if she really was a princess and Dmitri her knight allowed to kiss her hand, it made him grin but he was deadserious right now as well.

"There's no shame in what you're doing, looking out for your folks and sacrificing your very dreams in order to maintain theirs. There's no shame and no weakness in it...If anything, I wish I had your strength...Princess."

As he was busy speaking his mind all seriousfaced, he had also slipped off his stool and placed his hand beneath her wrist as he leaned in while pushing her arm up, to take in the peachy scent of Princess Dollface here.

"I don't smell anything..."

He said, amused yet without a smile on his face as his hand remained on hers while he came closer and leaned in near her face, stopping only when the tip of his nose brushed the side of her neck, pushing a few lost strains of hair aside and taking in her sweet scent again.

"Hmmm, not too bad..."
Dmitri Saratov
The Rad Russian

Words: 79688
Joined roleplay: October 23rd, 2014, 6:25 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Aliara Cantrell on November 21st, 2014, 7:30 am

The moment Aliara had admitted how she was feeling Dmitri had changed, He had gone from a man who probably couldn't even make friends with a statue to someone who seemed remotely nice. Aliara blinked slowly as he slide of his stool and took her wrist.

Her hand looked so difference compared to his, hers were tough from fighting and his showed experience, a life using such hands. The colours of the skins contrasted each other with one being lighter and the other bordering on caramel. Aliara lifted her head and looked at the man in front of her and frowned softly, her had had began falling out of the bun as it usually did after a short period of remotely being manageable.

Aliara’s eyes focused on where he was holding her wrist, it was an odd occurrence however Aliara found herself frozen into play, the words he was speaking bounced around in her mind and made her think, it was true, she had given up her dreams to become something to support her family but now days she was only thinking of herself. She was starting to pursue the dreams she had given up.

Frowning again when he said he couldn't smell anything Aliara went to move but before she could convince her frozen bones it was okay Dmitri had gripped her hand and moved closer to her. She held her breath and tensed, the hairs on the back of her neck stood up and Aliara tried to remain calm, yes there was someone in her personal space but it happened all the time, she quite often ended up on the floor of a tavern pulling at some girls hair or pushing out their jaws.

His nose touched her neck and Aliara closed her eyes. his fingers moved her hair out of the way and she tried to keep her eyes closed, it would stop her seeing him so close and would hopefully stop her offending him. It was when he took another whiff that Aliara rolled her shoulders and opened her eyes.

“Ah.. hi there?”
ImageImageImage
Aliara Cantrell
The Dreamer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Jashkataal on January 29th, 2015, 10:10 pm

“Heroes know that things must happen when it is time for them to happen. A quest may not simply be abandoned; unicorns may go unrescued for a long time, but not forever; a happy ending cannot come in the middle of the story.” ― Peter S. Beagle, The Last Unicorn

Aliara Cantrell
Experience
  • Detection +1
  • Intelligence +1
  • Intimidation +4
  • Observation +5
  • Philosophy +1
  • Socialization +5
Lores
  • Reflection: Self-Knowledge
  • Reflection: Dreams
  • Dmitri: Bar goer

Average word-count per post: 387

Well done, sorry about the thread ending abruptly.

Dmitri Saratov
Experience
  • Flirting +3
  • Intelligence +3
  • Intimidation +1
  • Observation +4
  • Philosophy +1
  • Socialization +5
Lores
  • Aliara Contrell: Dreams
  • Aliara Contrell: Sell Sword

Average word-count per post: 343

Good thread, but be careful not to write how your actions affect other PCs, leave that to the author of the PC in question.

If you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to send a PM. Please remember to delete your grade request. The pleasure was all mine.

Regards,
~Jashkataal
Jashkataal
Lovely, Deep and Dark

Words: 22093
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2014, 9:35 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Previous