Aventis/Atticus - The Non-Sequitorial

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Aventis/Atticus - The Non-Sequitorial

Postby Aventis on November 20th, 2014, 9:57 pm

Welcome to a variable hellscape of my own invention.

That's right, you're in MY world now. No In Character anything. No being stopped by restrictions. I own this. This is my world. My. Petching. World. And you're in it, now. You are stuck. There is no way out. No, there is no back arrow. You cannot exit this pa- Please don't exit this page. I'll try not to be so forceful... I'm sorry... I'll be better. I promise.

WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT: You can expect words. Read them. They have a message hidden away. The message is only accessible to those with a great gift.

Literacy!

Disclaimer:The author realizes that illiteracy is a major world issue and is in no way unsympathetic to those that suffer from it

In any case, this is my lair. Welcome to it. Inside I will have puns and tips and tons of tricks and fun and some bones to pick and whatever else you might desire. I do, in fact, allow posts here. I encourage it. Greatly. Please write here. Or view it. I feed off of these things like a vampire to blood. Or a Zith to anything with legs. So yes. This is my home. And you can post in it.

So post in it.

Aventis
Last edited by Aventis on April 2nd, 2016, 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Shameless self advertising. Feel free to make a request!

Aventis
Your brother in multiple arms

Words: 158586
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2014, 9:14 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Aventis - The Non-Sequitorial

Postby Aventis on November 21st, 2014, 1:13 am

Here's something you've never seen in a scapbook! Boxcodes! (kiddin')

Most commonly used, thanks to Redd.

Aventis

This is one I've never really used before. Again, credit to Redd, who just got bored and made this. Fantastic, isn't she?

And, finally,

This one, made on the fly by Lo'Campo. Just... On the fly. I really like it and I hope to use it soon.

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Aventis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Aventis on November 22nd, 2014, 1:59 pm

Rant 1

Ohhhhh yeah. I do these, too. And expect a lot of them. 'Cause I got some steam to blow off.

WHAT I CANNOT STAND:

Pauper People.

Traditionally, for those that do not know, a pauper is a poor person. An extremely poor person. A "let me lick your boots for their nutrience" kind of person. Seriously, these guys need more than food on wheels. They need it shipped overnight via sonic jets. Now, I say traditionally because that is not their definition for what I am going to be talking about. Pauper People is a term of my own invention. It's someone that demands attention because he or she thinks that "being hated" or "going through dark times" means that they get love and attention. And you know what? Pisses me right the petch off. Really. It does.

These people are common. Really common. Way too common. And you can tell that hardship has never reared its ugly face on them, otherwise they'd be discrete. I'm not saying all cases but most of the time it's just... I mean... Sigh. It's just... Moronic. It may be morose or insensitive of me to say so but I hate it. And if you're doing exactly this and legitimately need a shoulder, it won't be mine. It's a way to get attention. It happened in Chat recently, no names will be named, but some kid came in with a name that violated site rules. No biggie. What WAS a biggie is when, instead of changing his name, he started trying to get attention by saying things like "I'm sorry I only named him dark because I'm going through dark times" and "I wish people didn't hate me because of my name". Usually, I pride myself on being patient with new players, but this... I just... I can't deal with it. I really can not. I'm not saying I know pain. I'm not saying that these people don't. I'm saying that this way to get consolance is not worth the attention it begs.

Okay. I'll be pleasant now.

Aventis
Last edited by Aventis on November 30th, 2014, 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aventis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Aventis on November 30th, 2014, 2:13 pm

So I found something pretty cool lately. Figured I'd share it with the lot of you.

My model for Aventis is this guy

He is also this guy

And, more notably, this kid

I'd like to note that before I go any further, I previously did not know who my model was. I google image searched for "Man" and picked what I thought was the best. This surprised me to say the least

The kid I recently showed you is recognizable to people from the 80's or anyone with a happy childhood. If you cannot recognize him from his headshot, perhaps one or two images will help.

I have this one

This one

And, finally, this one

Ladies and gents, my model for Aventis is a man that goes by the name of Henry Thomas. He's a fairly notable figure. Especially when you see him like this.

Aventis is the E.T. kid.

Aventis
Last edited by Aventis on November 30th, 2014, 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aventis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Devi on November 30th, 2014, 4:12 pm

This made me chuckle quite a bit :D There will be many Aventis-go-home quotes to come bwahahaha!

I had a moment like this the other day. The films in the Matrix trilogy are some of my favourites and I always had a niggling feeling that I’d seen Link in something else before. Link being this one:

I then had an utterly random moment of realisation:

Link is cross-dressing Mercutio from the modern-day Romeo & Juliet. My world will never be the same. That’s the kind of reaction you just caused.
Devi
Workaholic Syliran Doctor

Words: 223466
Joined roleplay: November 15th, 2014, 7:19 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Aventis on December 2nd, 2014, 11:53 pm

I had to share this with you.

Aventis

Aventis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Balian Martell on December 3rd, 2014, 12:57 am

This. I like this.
To hunt, you need to know your prey just as well as you know yourself
a
Balians Wilderness Journal
Balian Martell
The young hunter

Words: 113544
Joined roleplay: November 12th, 2013, 2:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Aventis on December 3rd, 2014, 9:52 pm

This is for you!

Yes! This is for you, dear reader! I have a challenge. I have, for a while now, wanted to find a theme song for Aventis. But, alas, none seem to fit and I'm too lazy to make my own.

See where this is going?

I challenge YOU, reader, to suggest a themesong for Aventis. Any song will do and you can post it right here at any time! I challenge those that have taken a quick glance at my CS or have stalked my character to no end. I challenge those that I have never spoken to and my best buddies. I challenge any and all Mizaharians to suggest a themesong! And most of all I challenge Balian and Devi, since I know you two have read my Scrapbook. Begin!

Aventis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Nivel on December 5th, 2014, 3:56 am

After seeing the post you just made in Echoes in the Dark I feel like this should be Aventis's theme song :P

Just kidding this ones better :

This song is kinda emo, it has arms in the title and talks about riding a lot
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Aventis on December 5th, 2014, 11:57 am

XD You're such a jerk to me, Snivel.

Aventis

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Next