Ackina's Obedience Center

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This subforum is for small businesses that do not require extensive subforums for organization. These Small Business Sheets are simply posted records of what a business is for, its expenses, its debt and the profit it makes.

Postby Kiunae Ackina on September 15th, 2014, 11:05 pm

I know this is going to look really messy. I didn't really know what to do with this entire business since it's, as far as I know, unprecedented. Therefore, I had to pull most of these numbers out of my rear end if they didn't already exist somewhere, but I hope I managed to get something decent together. Note that I will finish an actual location write-up once and if the business plan is okay'd. Also, I can't do names. I'm all ears to new suggestions for the business name.

Concept/Abstract: The business is purposed to operate as a sort of training center for slaves in Kenash city proper, primarily geared towards Kelvic slaves (seeing as the business is fronted by the Ackina dynasty) with their doors open to the rest of the city should they require rehabilitation or obedience training. Services are open to Dynasts and Freeborn alike, though the steep prices are definitely tailored towards the Dynasties and their coffers. It's not meant to be cheap, but with the highly specialized services provided by the business and the scarce availability outside the Ackina family, the prices are necessarily steep to return all expenses with profit. In the future the business might even offer specialized training programs to indenture slaves into specific roles and specialties, for professional slaves. Currently it covers primarily fresh, unbroken and unruly slaves, however.

Business type: Service

Services:
Explanations - Therapy SessionSitting down with the patient in a calm environment and speaking with them. Standard service., LockdownFor especially unruly patients that are difficult to sit down calmly for a regular session, they are locked up in a cell for the duration of their treatment until rendered docile., ExtendedTraumatized and especially difficult patients that aren't unruly or violent can be checked in to stay in the infirmary to be cared for in addition to the therapy..

Obedience & Correction TherapyAlso called "Brainwashing". Primarily geared towards unbroken and fresh slaves, as well as races that are naturally stronger and more dangerous for the slave handlers (the rare cases of Dhani and Akalaks, for instance). Higher risk for the hypnotist and subject and requires more resources.
    Therapy Session (Kelvic) - 3gm/session
    Therapy Session (non-Kelvic) - 5gm/session
    Lockdown (Kelvic) - 10gm/day
    Lockdown (non-Kelvic) - 15gm/day
    Extended (Kelvic) - 5gm/day
    Extended (non-Kelvic) - 8gm/day
Rehabilitation TherapyGeared moreso towards slaves that are already broken and ingrained in the lifestyle. Less complications and less effort. All in all, requires significantly less "resources" and is low-risk.
    Therapy Session (Kelvic) - 1gm/session
    Therapy Session (non-Kelvic) - 2gm/session
    Extended (Kelvic) - 6gm/day
    Extended (non-Kelvic) - 10gm/day

Assets:

Infirmary (Simple) 800
Prison Cell 300
Office (Simple) 200
Shop (Simple) 600
Common Area (Simple) 250
Bath (Simple) 200

= 2350 x 0.75 = 1762,5

Arm Chair (Good) 8gmx3
Cupboard (Good) 4gm
Bookcase (Average) 8gm
Couch (Good) 6gm
Table (Good) 3gm
Fireplace 15gm
Full Grown Plants (Common) 1gmx10
Flower Pots (Medium) 6smx10

Collar, Kelvic (Iron) 10gmx3
Manacles 15gm
Book, Blank 3gmx10
Quill 5cm
Vial, Ink 1gm

Assistant Slave 200gm

= 301 gm 60 sm 5 cm

= 2114gm 5sm 5cm

Wages:

Job: Hypnotist 6/day (Actually, it's more "Brainwasher" or "Slave Trainer", but neither of those exist in the Price List so Vice suggested this as a standard wage using the Teacher/Instructor, basing it off Hypnotism as a primary occupational skill.)
Competency bonus: +3/day
Sales bonus: 1/day
Slaves: -0.5/day
Final earnings: 9.5/day

Earnings per season: 864,5 gm
Lifestyle: -450 gm
Leftovers: 414,5gm

ImageName: Ginger
Race: Kelvic (Yellow-Necked Mouse)
DoB: Winter 20th, 513 AV
Relationship: Assistant/Clerk slave, friend.
Skills: 20 Medicine, 10 Organization, 10 Botany, 5 Observation, 5 Socialization
Description: Ginger is a personal slave bestowed upon Kiunae in commemoration of her marriage and entry into the Ackina Dynasty. For all intents and purposes, Ginger was raised by the Vantha and in many ways looks up to her like a parent and mentor, though her training makes her an invaluable asset to keep Kiunae's business on its feet. The introduction of the Kelvic in the Vantha's life gave her the perfect entry into the Ackina Dynasty's primary business and has and still is giving her much needed experience in the handling of Kelvic slaves and servants. (HD)

Last edited by Kiunae Ackina on November 23rd, 2014, 1:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kiunae Ackina
Player

Words: 3149
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2014, 9:14 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Ackina's Correctional Facility

Postby Gillar on November 22nd, 2014, 3:15 pm

Approved with the following notations/modifications:

When I think "Correctional Facility" I think prison however this plan looks to be more like an Obedience Center leaning toward the training of slaves in serving their masters. The reason I mention that is it helps to add something in the submitted plan that details the concept of the business. That said, I think I have an idea of what you are going for based on what you have posted.

DISCLAIMER: I am only approving the overall numbers and validity of the Business Plan itself. The final approval of the existence of the actual business location is up to the attending Storyteller. Any and all NPCs associated with the above business must also be approved via Help Desk. The attending Storyteller has the final say in approval and implementation of the above business.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Kiunae Ackina on November 23rd, 2014, 1:41 pm

Obedience Center sounds a lot better than Correctional Facility. I'm using that instead. I also included a paragraph regarding the concept to complement the rest of the plan, just because.

Thank you very much! :D
Kiunae Ackina
Player

Words: 3149
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2014, 9:14 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets