Flashback Community Gardening

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Community Gardening

Postby Eleret on July 26th, 2014, 12:49 am

Spring 52, 501 AV
mid-morning

It felt so good to be home again. Eleret hadn't realized how much she'd missed Mura, not until she saw the shores of the White Isle growing on the horizon; not until her feet touched the pale wood of its docks. Even the air off the sea tasted different, though the same ocean lapped at Zeltiva's shore. She had come home some days ago, greeted by the entirety of her family -- including some cousins who normally resided in distant Riverfall. They had spent the following days reaffirming bonds and sharing tales of Winter's events; Tanell had been particularly overflowing with questions, to no one's surprise. This morning, the cousins had taken their leave, and Eleret had taken the opportunity to walk about Mura, reacquainting herself with a city at once familiar yet... just a little foreign.

In just two seasons, the city had changed. All in small ways, of course, but it was strange to come around a corner and find a new mural, a different statue, some other detail clashing with her memories. If Eleret had been in Mura all that while, she would have seen the process of change, or at least heard something of it; that she had not made the differences jarring. And intriguing. Wandering though the streets, searching out all the little differences -- it was fun, almost a game.

Eventually, her feet took her out towards the seaward side of the city. In those blocks, she found a striking change indeed: one of the proud old white firs made into a ragged stump, hollowed by once-hidden decay. The fallen timber itself had been cleared away sometime prior, but the flowerbeds which had surrounded it were a decided ruin. Eleret smiled to see several other Konti already at work sorting out what plants could be salvaged and what would need to be replaced. In Zeltiva, the people had seemed independent, preferring to keep their problems to themselves; but in Mura, the community worked together. Seeing that spirit in action said home to Eleret as strongly as had the faces and voices of her family.

She approached the group and waited politely to be acknowledged, which didn't take long at all. Their collective mood smelled of mint, and what may have been fir or cedar, if it wasn't coming from the damaged tree; positive energy, pride. "What can I do to help?" Eleret asked, as the older Konti who appeared to be in charge looked to her.
Common | Kontinese | Tukant | other people
Eleret's Konti gift is to perceive the moods of others as one or more scents.
Eleret
Player

Words: 179278
Joined roleplay: October 21st, 2012, 12:33 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Community Gardening

Postby S'Essy on December 11th, 2014, 5:32 pm

The middle of spring, the island was beautiful as always and calm. The weather was just perfect and calm also. But S'Essy enjoyed Laviku's water the most in the morning. Enjoying her Father's domain was always the finest way to start the day. She started to believe that she loved the sea more than anyone else in Konti isle, though she knew it (even if she didn't admit it) that wasn't true. But she couldn't stay all day and swim, she had duties and responsibilities as her mother always told her.

And it was the day for some gardening and making Mura more pretty. It was a nice way to spend her time and could also talk with others, she was wondering if her cousin would come. She came out from Laviku's water, dressed up and said good bye to Him as always."It is time for me to go. Hopefully I can come and visit at the evening too. Thank you!" She smiled and bowed. She knew and believed he could heard her.

She didn't need to walk too much to find many Konti women working with joy and do the gardening. They worked together, talked with each other, had some laughs and helped each other. Just like any other day in Mura. She had to admit she didn't like it as a kid, but as she got older, she realized that it was nice that she could always rely and count on people even if they were a total stranger in Mura. She was wondering if things were like that outside of the island too. Sometimes she had to travel and see how the world worked outside of Mura.

The Healer wasn't sure what to do first, where to start. She had to ask where she could help. As she looked around, she found another Konti who was also waiting for directions. She went over there and asked the same as her from the older woman. "Hello, I would like to also help. Where can I start?"
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Words: 267181
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 6:16 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)