[The Pig's Foot] Two cheers for black eyes! (Aliara)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Xavier Belt on December 21st, 2014, 3:12 am

Xavier could understand why no one would take her seriously as a blade for hire, she was tall for a woman only slightly shorter than himself, yet she did not have the scary gruff hardened killer look about her. Now that she had dropped the tough women facade he liked her even more than he had, which suffice to say was a lot.

“I’m glad we have got that introductory phase over with, I was beginning to get worried!” he said, again in the light hearted teasing tone. “But truly, you have convinced me that you know what you are doing with that oversized knife of yours” pointing at the Kuri now tucked securely in its scabbard. “I’d have to imagine that someone would be willing to pay extra to have both a guard and someone without a broken nose to talk to, don’t you think?” Now that their conversation had lost the intensity it previously had he was beginning to get nervous, the outburst had some people staring at them, it seemed as if Aliara could take care of herself, but he would hardly expect her to try to drag him to safety as well.

Xavier felt like they were slightly in the same boat, he had never truly loved medicine but it seemed the best means to his ends, money and trying to make a difference. Sometimes the two got mixed and, typically speaking money normally won out. “I never truly wanted to get into medicine, yet it seemed like the best way to get to where I wanted to go,” He paused thoughtfully, “Which I never thought would bring me to a lawless town, yet here I am!”

“So if guarding and chasing down the occasional thief isn’t what you actually want to be doing, what is?” It seemed a harmless question to Xavier.
Xavier Belt
Doctor with a power trip

Words: 14778
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2014, 10:47 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Aliara Cantrell on December 21st, 2014, 3:34 am

“Two cheers for stolen dreams!”

Aliara couldn't help but laugh again, looking around her eyes met with a few other patrons that were staring at the two. Pulling a face at them she turned back to Xavier and met his eyes. staring into them she hoped to make him uncomfortable enough that she wouldn't have to answer his questions. Aliara wasnt ready, not yet, she wasn't nearly good enough to share. Aliara need to practise and get better, focus her body more.

“Have you ever heard of the pale faced dancers? with eyes the colour of blood and a smile that's sharper than anything. They dance in the sky on sheaths of woven silk, blues, purples and whites. They sore and amaze, the grace they behold. Dancing in the skies of Kalinor.”

Looking to door Aliara watched as the smaller of the two brawling men enter the tavern again and headed for the bar, Aliara guessed he was apologising so he could come back in out of the cold. She couldn't blame him, the taverns always made the cold more bearable, her hearth at home though warmer than the one here always seemed more lonely, maybe even colder at times.

“I speaking of the hauntingly beautiful Aerial dancers Xavier.”
ImageImageImage
Aliara Cantrell
The Dreamer

Words: 114345
Joined roleplay: November 10th, 2014, 2:03 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Xavier Belt on December 21st, 2014, 4:15 am

Aliara was obviously holding something back and Xavier realized that he had hit a nerve and decided to back off. A doctor knew when he could only do more damage than good and he found that spot and listened accordingly. He had no idea who the “pale dancers” where, did she want to be a dancer? That seemed a far cry from what she was doing now. Yet he hardly knew her, nothing he could truly comment on.

“Unfortunately I have not heard of the pale dancers, although they sound…intriguing, coming to Sunberth was the first time I left Zeltiva.” Xavier again looked around, the pit in his stomach now compounding. The hard patrons had surrounded them and theirs was the only table left with only two people.

“While I have enjoyed this conversation immensely, and I am sure you are 100% capable of taking care of yourself I think it may be the best decision for my wellbeing if I got out of here. If there is one thing I’ve learned while here it’s that an easy target is never passed up.” With that Xavier made his way to the bar paying his tab before coming back to the table, standing awkwardly at the edge. “however if you would like to join me…I am sure we are going in the same general direction…?” Xavier trailed off ending in half question half statement.

He secretly hoped she would walk him home, for his own protection of course, however he would never come out and say that.
Xavier Belt
Doctor with a power trip

Words: 14778
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2014, 10:47 pm
Character sheet

Postby Aliara Cantrell on December 21st, 2014, 2:18 pm

As Xavier spoke Aliara noticed that the tavern began to empty out, people going home to sleep and dreaming their dreams. Untying her hair she let it fall loose around her, it could catch all the snow again and Aliara would have to shake out once again. Wrapping her scarf around her neck Aliara stood up. When standing Aliara could tell that she was larger and taller than Xavier, rolling her eyes she fished her her boot and dropped 1 gold miza on the table as a tip and held her hand out to Xavier.

“Come on, i ain't got all night and i gotta walk home after this,”

twitching her fingers she waited, looking around the very few patrons who were left Aliara could tell that it was either because home wasnt very nice or there wasn't a home to go home to. The blizzard had killed many of the homeless, it was sad and true.Frozen into icicles in the streets that Aliara walked every day. Dropping her hand she walked the door, her mind in the clouds, pulling on her now dry coat she put her hands on her hips and waited once again.
ImageImageImage
Aliara Cantrell
The Dreamer

Words: 114345
Joined roleplay: November 10th, 2014, 2:03 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Amora Jade on April 8th, 2015, 5:34 pm

Congratulations, you've been awarded!

Xavier
Once your character sheet gets a pretty green checkmark and your ledger has been updated to reflect the season changes, send me a pm and I'll release your grade for you! :)

Aliara
Skills
  • Observation +5
  • Socialization +5
  • Unarmed Combat +1
  • Intimidation +1
  • Rhetoric +1
Lores
  • Observation: Closely Examining a Fight
  • Unarmed Combat: Learning Lessons by Examining a Fight
  • Xavier: A Man From Zeltiva

The reason I awarded a point in Unarmed Combat was simply because of the detail in which Aliara examined the fight. Considering she's still novice in the skill I'd say that earns her a point in experience simply because she learned from them.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to send me a private message! Also, please remember to edit your post requesting the grade as "Graded."
With love,
Miss Jade
Amora Jade
Pronounced Thief

Words: 165569
Joined roleplay: September 28th, 2011, 10:53 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)