Location [Syliras Location] The Great Bazaar

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Syliras Location] The Great Bazaar

Postby Terminus Norin on June 24th, 2010, 3:31 am

1st Day of Summer AV 510

Terminus had been restless all day, he was thinking about Avi since she had left that morning, he already missed her. He also had taken time to evaluate his feelings for her and his situation, it wasn't like he had intended when he returned three seasons ago, Ivak apparently had plans for him, more than he realized.

But he would think of those things later, right now he had a mission and the Bazaar was where he would fulfill it. The day was bright and hot as he entered the fifth tier of the city and was assaulted right away by the sounds and smells of the various stalls and merchants going about their business. He walked along the stalls being tempted by exotic foods and lovely creations from far lands. But he was not interested in food or drink or trinkets. He wanted one thing and that would be in a jewelry stall.

After wandering among the merchants hawking their ares he found a small,nondescript store that he entered. There was a woman behind the counter and various examples of gold and silver bracelets and rings and other jewelry sparkling in the dimmer light of the store.I think it should be simple, she would not want finery. I'm not sure she will understand the necessity of what I'm doing but I need to do this He smiled as a small gold band caught his attention, the band was plain but the workmanship was excellent. It looked small enough to fit his Avi's finger when she was human. He pointed at it
Pardon me milady but how much would the band there cost me?

She quoted him a price and he quoted a counter price until the sum of 3 golden Mizas was reached. he dug in his money purse and gave her the three golden coins and she gave him the ring wishing him good luck with his lady and he was gone back to the consulting house to contemplate

Secret :
3 Gm subtracted from CS .
Its not wheither you win or lose but how you play that counts
Terminus Norin
Capture The Day

Words: 63849
Joined roleplay: October 12th, 2009, 4:12 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Avalona on July 7th, 2010, 10:18 pm

Avala wandered leisurely through the bazaar, enjoying all of the sights and smells. She was the kind of person who liked to take her time about things, although the fact that she had no plans for later certainly added to her slow pace. She walked past the stalls, eying the wares and ignoring the calls of the shopkeepers. Not in a rude way, though, more in the "I'm so lost in my own little world that I just can't hear you" kinda way. In fact, that's just the situation that Avala was in. While she looked nonchalantly about with a serious, if not mildly interested, expression, her mind was completely elsewhere. Such was the way with creative people. They always were thinking, imagining something to make or do, and Avala was no exception.

She was driven out of her thoughts when she spotted the thing that she came here for: paint. For how was an artist to create anything if they didn't have the proper supplies? Avala walked casually up to the stall and eyed the wares. She could feel the eyes of the shopkeeper on her, saying nothing and waiting for the girl to say something. It was unusual for her to be quiet, but she could see that the red head before her was thinking very hard. Finally, Avala picked up a wide selection of paints and displayed them to the shopkeeper. "How much?, she asked.

The shopkeeper twisted her mouth for a moment, but then said, Three gold mizas. She could see the girl hesitate so she hurriedly addedMy paints are the best in all of Syliras, and just look at how rich the colors are.

Avala sighed. She really didn't like haggling, but she wanted to get more out of this. Throw in some canvasses, and a sketchbook and you've got yourself a deal. She held out the gold to the shopkeeper, waiting for her reply.

Fine. She said, taking the mizas and handing over the goods.
As the sun colors flowers, so does art color life.
Avalona
Player

Words: 37980
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2010, 2:48 am
Character sheet

Postby Avalona on July 13th, 2010, 8:01 am

Carrying all of her newly bought items in a bag (OCC: her paper, paint, and blank book which cost 14 gm (correctly changed)), Avalona walked nonchalantly through the endless rows of stalls. Talking with the stall keeper had brought her back to her senses, and she now studied the stalls with genuine interest. It made her realize how much stuff was actually here. The phrase "so many wares, so little time", ran through her mind. But she mustn't get distracted. No, she was looking for something in particular and for that needed to stay focused.

Avalona hesitated in front of a stall selling backed goods, fresh out of the oven--she could tell because of the scent that wafted towards her. It seemed to swirl around her head, eddying in the air and tickling her sense of smell. Her stomach growled in reply, but with an immense amount of effort Avalona forced herself to continue on. It was then that she spotted what she was looking for. Immediately, she quickened her pace and headed straight for the stall.

"Hi, do you have any chemises?" The woman eyed Avalona in disbelief for a moment before gesturing to the right. The girl blushed--a whole rack sat there. She cleared her throat, "Yes, well can I buy one of those plain linen ones?"

The stall keeper rummaged through the rack before pulling out a simple white chemise and handing it to the red head. She eyed the girl, "Three silver mizas." Avalona paused, and then looked down at the chemise. "It's not even dyed, you know." The woman rolled her eyes, "Fine one silver, but not a miza less!"

Avalona smiled and handed over the money, wishing the stall keeper a good day before merging once again with the crowd of people.
As the sun colors flowers, so does art color life.
Avalona
Player

Words: 37980
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2010, 2:48 am
Character sheet

Postby Rhuryc on August 25th, 2010, 5:04 pm

19th Summer, 510AV
Early Evening

Rhuryc had never been on a real "adventure" before. Sure, he had his share of drama and combat, but the idea of setting out for the sheer sake of doing so was completely foreign in his mind. Already he had made purchases that he never thought he would - armor, for one, what was he to do with such a thing? Survive, apparently. In his inexperience he thought it best if he were to just shop, browse the bazaar perhaps, and locate items that the rest of his companions had not thought of. So it was that he wandered the stalls. He ignored the jeers and cries of the nearby merchants, his perusal set to look for oddities and traveling supplies; unique concoctions and whatever else happened to catch his eye. The usual draws of the market were of little concern. Rhuryc was accustom to this sort of shopping and thus the cries for deals and special, one time offers were easy to ignore. Those never seemed to work out in his favor anyway.

From one display to the next the man weaved, passing by bystander and consumer alike in his quest obtain whatever he thought would be useful. After only a few minutes Rhuryc found himself absorbed in his search and already possessed a rope, fifty feet of it, and an accompanying grappling hook. What the hell was that for? Who knew. He supposed that was the point. His trek produced various queer items and those that were of ultimate necessity, a rucksack, blanket, bedroll, even a whetstone despite his acquisition of a sharpening stone from the ironworks. Weight would matter he imagined.

In all his venture was mundane. He rarely haggled with merchants and paid their offered prices, content just to gear himself with what he could only imagine was proper.

PurchasesWool Cloak 5sm
Whetstone 2cm
Flask 3cm
Rope, Hemp(50ft) 1gm
Chalk x3
Water Additve 3gm
Blanket Winter 5sm
Breath Bag 2gm
Bedroll 1sm
Grappling Hook 1gm
Oil, 1pint 1sm
Torch x2 1cm
Blood Decoy 5gm
Spade 2gm
Rucksack 1gm

Total = 20.79gm
Rhuryc
Honorific

Words: 466305
Joined roleplay: July 21st, 2010, 7:22 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Guido Faragas on August 27th, 2010, 4:50 pm

Timestamp: 18th Summer, 510AV.

It was the day after Guido had been recruited for the adventure to the labyrinth. He was still in a high state of excitement as he made his way through the stalls of the bazaar, the 25 gold Miza’s from Stitch weighing heavily in his pocket, Guido mulled over the purchases he had decided to make. Stitch had suggested rations for two weeks, water and tools for dungeon delving. The first two were relatively easy – he already had a waterskin that he could fill as required on the journey: however, for prudence he acquired a second together with some water additive in case they should come across brackish water on the adventure. For food, he acquired two weeks supply of trail rations. Given that these small purchases were already filling his backpack, he also decided that it might not have sufficient capacity, so he purchased a good rucksack, stuffing his purchases within the receptacle as he journeyed through the bazaar.

Dungeon delving was more problematic; he had never delved in a dungeon in his life! However, his archaeological digging in the wilds had given him an appreciation of the importance of the correct tools for the job. After a little searching, he came across a small stall which appeared to offer a range of relevant equipment. Following a few chimes indecision, he made a number of purchases. Following this, he stocked up on arrows and, for good measure, acquired a small dagger that took his fancy. Then, with his rucksack heavy and his bag of Miza’s somewhat lighter, he began to make his way back to his room. However, just as he was making his way out of the bazaar, he stopped, realising that there was one final purchase he needed to make – ink and a quill. Once he had completed these purchases he set out for home, reasoning he could return the next day should anything more take his fancy.

Guido’s Shopping ListRucksack 1gm
Trail Rations 14 days = 7gm
Water additive 3gm
Waterskin 1gm
Bedroll 1sm
Ink 2gm
Quill 5cm
Signal whistle 8sm
Dagger (tiny) 2gm
Arrows (shortbow) x 40 2gm
Rope (hemp, 50ft) 1gm
Grappling Hook 1gm
Miners pick 3gm
Crowbar 2gm
Torch x3 6cm
Oil 1sm
Flint and steel 1 gm
Candle relighting x 2 4sm
Chalk x 2 2cm

Total 27g 4s 13c

Back on the boards after a nasty virus laid me low...should be posting again soon.
Guido Faragas
In Disequilibrium

Words: 114496
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2009, 7:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Guido Faragas on October 9th, 2010, 9:20 am

Timestamp: 69th fall, 510AV.

With the coins from Dominac jangling in his pocket, Guido made his way through the Bazaar. Most of the supplies he needed for the expedition had already been purchased from his previous journey’s outside the city. However, there were a few things that he needed. First, he picked up a few trail rations for the journey. Then, he searched around for a stall selling tools. His eyes alighted on a large rack adorned with various picks, axes and other implements. After some deliberation, he acquired a small, sturdy shovel and a small carpenter’s axe. Satisfied with his purchases, he made his way out of the bazaar, only stopping to grab a few additional torches and oil on his way

Guido’s Shopping ListTrail Rations 14 days = 7gm
Shovel 2gm
Torch x3 6cm
Oil 1 sm
Carpenter’s Axe 1gm
Total 10g 1s 18c

Back on the boards after a nasty virus laid me low...should be posting again soon.
Guido Faragas
In Disequilibrium

Words: 114496
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2009, 7:50 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Stag Fern on October 20th, 2010, 9:00 am

50 Fall 510, A.V

It was quite chilly this morning and Stag was glad for his new clothes otherwise he wouldn't have left. This time he was inside the Great bazzar something that he must visit since they say it has almost everything. It wasn't to hard to find it, a knight told him that it was at the lowest level of the castle but he didn''t expect it to be huge. For as long as the eye can see he saw stall upon stall upon stall he couldn't believe his eyes and even at this time it was filled with all types of peopleHmm this seems like fun now lets see what they could possibly have I'll even put them to the test Stag thought he actually felt a little nervous but it was now or never for him. A barrage of Hello Sir how may I help you or Hey you I know what you want just come closer rang in his ears like echos. Each stall was different from the last somme slightly bigger and some slightly smaller what was funny was in every 10 stalls he was in when he mentioned an item it was right there in front of his face.

Stag must have spent over 3 bells in there before he left but he didn't come out empty handed.

Recipt :
fishing kit=10gm, strong rations(X2)=14gm, Traveller's stock(X3)=9gm, Blanket(winter)=5sm, Grappling Hook=1gm, Tent(1 person)=2gm, swimmig goggle=15gm, Pot(iron)=5gm, Shovel=2gm, weapon harness=5gm,Over all mizas spent =63gm and 5sm
Stag Fern
Wildling

Words: 39022
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2010, 9:24 am
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Iris Dove on November 2nd, 2010, 11:38 pm

Unable to find her way out of the great city, past all of the people, Iris found herself in some sort of bazaar. There were rows and rows of merchants selling various goods- from exotic pets, some of which, she guessed had to be other Kelvics, to food, to clothing, to herbs, and jewels. There was simply so much hitting her at once, she didn't know where to look, and whom to ask for directions back out of the great Castle. She just wanted to be out in a field, or a forest, under the trees and stars, somewhere where she may feel at home.

Iris kept passing the stalls- one that appeared to be selling fabrics of various bright colors- reds, and blues, and greens, yellows, purples, beige. She admired them for a moment, but then continued on, knowing that not only didn't she possess a great deal of money, but that she was not in need of new clothes either. She kept on walking through the crowd, glancing at various stalls until she saw a middle aged man who was selling pots. She guessed, from his eyes, an earthly green, that he must be fairly trustworthy. "Excuse me?" she began, as the man glanced up at her, "which way to the gate?" she continued, "I don't think I've been here before, and I'm a little lost." The merchant pointed to the right. I bowed slightly to him, and headed in the direction that he pointed. Within a few minutes I could see the gates, and the outside.
Iris Dove
Wanderer

Words: 77849
Joined roleplay: November 2nd, 2010, 5:38 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Nidassasyae on November 21st, 2010, 10:36 pm

Fall 51

Just as she was about to freak out and go tell Seliarus, she spotted a likely trader. He seemed to have already set up all his wares, no easy feat, as there were quite a few hunting sleds under his table. Nidae wondered how he had lugged them all here.

"Excuse me, sir, how much for one of those sleds and a preserving kit?" asked Nidassasyae as she approached the man. He gave her the once-over, and grinned. After the trader told her the price, 50 gm, Nidae sighed. She didn't know much about money, nor how much exactly she had in possession, but it seemed like a whole lot.

"Sel?" she turned to the Dhani man behind her. "Think you could help me count out 50?" The leopard Kelvic had never learned to count.

Continued Here
Nidassasyae
Crazy Cat Lady

Words: 222053
Joined roleplay: October 12th, 2010, 12:30 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Artist (1) Power Fork (2)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Seliarus on November 22nd, 2010, 2:16 pm

The Dhani simply followed her, without saying much. He looked around from time to time to see anything worth mentioning, but there was nothing. Tall buildings, stone as far the eye can see. Coldness slowly started to fill his body, and not just because of the cold morning.

Seliarus looked at the Kelvic once his name was called out. Fifty? Of course he could help. He simply nodded in return, and lifted up his right palm,with all five fingers outstretched. With the index finger of his left hand, he poked each finger, indicating five. Then he closed the palm, and opened it again, poking his fingers again.
And again.
And again.
And again.
And again.
And again.
And again.
And again.
And again.
He would repeat that ten times, and then forcing a fake smile. He kept looking at her the whole time, and was ready to repeat that if she was lost.
"Who knows? Life is like a roll on the dice. You can’t know if something is a good, or a bad roll until it already happened."

The CS moding, framing, editing, and making it look awesome = Copyrights; Nidassasyae Iskedarst
Seliarus
That lil' Snakey

Words: 124204
Joined roleplay: October 13th, 2010, 2:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

PreviousNext