Closed We Meet Again, for the First Time (Tinnok)

Evalin and Tinnok reunite once more, and what happens next is a sight to behold.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Falyndar at its finest. Danger lurks everywhere - in the ground, in the trees, in the bush. Only the strongest survive...

Moderator: Gossamer

We Meet Again, for the First Time (Tinnok)

Postby Evalin on July 31st, 2014, 4:30 am

70th of Summer, 514 AV
Time: Morning

"Again you moronic simpleton I ask you, when shall you have your brethren prepared?"

It was becoming light throughout the Jungle, so long had this farce lasted than now Evalin's patience was growing short. Before her was a great hulking mass of meet, a Diverse who stood within the swirling forces of the open portal, liquid djed coursing over his body as shimmering chains anchored him both to his position in the circle and to the Nuit's will. This creature's name was Grolok, clan leader of one of the fierce clans in all of Zaiden, or so he claimed. He would have stood close to seven feet tall if he were able to fully straighten his back. His spine was curved at an awkward angle so that he was always leaning to the right, but his left arm and shoulder were so enlarged it off balanced this strange feature. A strangely normal looking head, the Diverse would have been handsome were it not for his neck which was so thick and muscled it looked more like a knotted tree stump. His skin was a dark reddish color, designs in blood scrawled on his skin perhaps in some tribal fashion, but all of this mattered little to the Witch.

Grolok had been most unreasonable for the last bell. Stubborm and prideful as his kind were, he would not offer anything no matter what Evalin said. It was... There was no word to describe the feeling within Evalin's breast at this very moment.

"Little witchling no offer Grolug clan enough for fight. We proud, we strongest. We want gold. We want women. We want..." and he kept going, listing off more and more that the 'Groglug" clan wanted. Clever name for a clan, the nuit wondered if he came up with it himself. The longer the nuit listened the more cold her heard became. Her hand tightened where they were clasped at her waist, but she let it not show on her features as she looked up at the imbecile before her. Of course this did not help, for she wore her child form this day whit robes just her size in a dark black tinted purple. Evalin had found herself quite fond of having a new outfit every day, and the little Mistress' funds allowed the nuit quite the freedom when it came to wardrobe choices.

At last Evalin could take it no longer and she raised her hand, silencing the Diverse, "Enough of this mindless prattle. I have no need of you if you shall not be swayed in any way that suits me."

Grolok blinked, "You need Grolok or Grolug clan no fight for you."

Evalin smiled and shook her head, unfolding her hands as she drew her res to the surface of her palm, "That is where you are wrong. You are but a small, insignificant speck in the sands of this world. If you shall not aid me, then I will simply find someone else who will." the Diverse looked as if he were about to speak, but he as never given the chance. The spinning res in Evalin's hand shimmered as ice crystals formed, and with a lazy flick of her wrist she sent the shard directly into the Diverse's neck. the creature sputtered, clutching at the large knotted flesh of his stumpy neck as Evalin draged her finger through the air, pulling the ice shard through Grolok's neck to open a gash through his trachea. As his jugular was severed a spray of blood shot out from the opening, falling upon Evalin in a shower of red that would surely stain her robes, falling through her black hair in highlights of crimson and marking her face as well so that streaks of red that matched her eyes fell across her cheeks and lips.

Evalin enjoyed the man's struggles for life for but a moment before releasing her hold on the djed, letting the portal pull the dying man back into the portal and to his home of Zaiden where his clan would await his triumph at besting the Witch at her own game.

"Perhaps his successor will be more willing to negotiate." Evalin said absently, wiping the blood from her brow and licking her fingers as they passed her lips, cleaning them of the ruby drops. She grimaced, "As disgusting as he was ugly. Surely I should not be surprised."

A curious sight I have found. The Familiar's cold voice brought her attention back to the surroundings. The sun had risen before the nuit had noticed, and the Immortal shook her head, Of what do you speak? Know you that I have much to do so I have little time for distractions.

The Halfbreed walks close by.

Pausing just before she licked more blood from her fingers Evalin smiled and looked back over her shoulder in the direction of her Familiar, Is that so... Then perhaps I shall take a moment to allow myself some pleasure before returning to the tasks at hand.

With the help of her Familiar Evalin would move so that she passed in front of Tinnok's path. She would position herself with her back against a tree, sitting on an upraised root with her legs crossed. Her child form, covered in blood, red eyes staring with a smile on her lips in the direction that Tinnok approached. She would offer simply a raised hand in greeting, and behind her Tsenrika would take his human form, the blue eyed male who looked sideways in Tinnok's direction as well.

OOCHope this is OK! I didn't want to control too much so I left this last bit opened ended ^.^
Boxcode by Verena
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Tinnok on July 31st, 2014, 2:17 pm

"Come on Tinny, this way, I remember!" Tsuya was skipping along the jungle floor, hopping nimbly from once branch to another. Tinnok had reminded the girl multiple times that it was best to be quiet in the jungle. They were many days from the Zinrah blockade, but that didn't mean Dhani or Myrians couldn't be out here hunting, scouting, etc. While it seemed the entire population of Zinrah knew not to harm the half breed Witch, Tinnok could never be too certain, yet hear the young girl was giggling, and sending her high pitched voice scattering off every tree and rock.

"Tsuya, please stop, please quiet." Since the girl knew only a smattering of Common, Tinnok had taken to practicing her common with her. It didn't do well to slip into Myrian in Zinrah, and she wasn't yet ready to practice snake tongue, though with her moprhing she might just have been able to get the throaty hissess down.

The girl seemed a bit admonished, and though she continued to hop she placed a finger to her lips with a little smile. Tinnok shook her head and continued behind the girl at a slower pace. They had to return to the ruins to make sure the rot was truly gone from the place. The good thing was they didn't have to climb the mountains that had been Tsuya's home for so long, but the downside was that not climbing the twins meant walking around them, which was taking longer than Tinnok had hoped. She kept up the pace however, always keen on keeping the green haired girl in sight except for that chime, where she seemed to have lost her.

Instead of the half breed woman Evalin had come to know breaking through the foliage before her, a small child with dark green hair and bright green eyes plunged through it, almost not taking notice of her for a moment. She stopped in her tracks, a strange smile frozen on her young features, eyebrows knitting together as she examined Evalin's bright red eyes and blood soaked body. "Are you hurt?" That was when she got the first feeling that something was off. Tsuya was a strangely naive girl, but she recalled very pointedly the feeling of that strange creature that had hurt her and Tinnok and the beautiful bird they had flown upon to reach Caiyha's temple, and it was the same feeling she felt now.

"You...you aren't right." She said backing up a step only to bump into Tinnok who stepped through the foliage, eyes already on Evalin, one hand gripping Tsuya's shoulder tightly. She knew the red eyes, the demeanor if not the form of her body, and of course the emotionless blue eyed man who was not a man at all.

"What you want?" She still hadn't decided on a permenant term to refer to Evalin as. She did not move her hands to her weapons, knowing those to rather futile against this creature, though every muscle in her body asked her to grab them and hold them for their empty comfort. The chances of Evalin just letting them be on their way were slim to none, and she didn't relish meeting up with the Witch again this soon.
c

Image Image Image
Tinnok
A Witch of the Wilds

Words: 878542
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2013, 5:27 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Evalin on August 2nd, 2014, 12:57 am

Evalin blinked, surprised to find now the Halfbreed but some child... green haired and wide eyed, unexpected as it was Evalin glanced back only briefly toward Tsenrika, who was as indecipherable as usual. However, it was but a moment later that the true object of Evalin's interest made herself known, and Eva's smile widened. Her gaze flicked to Tinnok, an eyebrow raising before she looked back at the little girl, leaning forward slightly, "Dear child, mind your words or you might hurt this one's feelings. While I am not your way of right, I am right none the less in one way or another, would you not agree?"

Chuckling Evalin looked at Tinnok, "Would you not agree as well little one?"

The Immortal slid off the root, brushing off her robes as she stood. Noticing a drop of blood sliding across her cheek she brushed it with the side of her hand, pausing a moment to look at it glisten on her skin before licking it off and turning her attention back to the pair, "Want I only to speak with one who has caught my interest. I sensed your coming and thought to come and inquire as to your business, and... perhaps offer my assistance." She was slowly walking forward as she spoke, but she stopped a few hands away. Her eyes were not fully locked on Tsuya, not bothering to look at Tinnok now, "And who is this? Know I not that you had a daughter.

Another step closer Evalin raised a hand as if to touch the girl, "Tell me little one, what is your name?" She spoke softly, a hunger growing stronger the closer she. Evalin entertained the thought of simply draining this girl dry, if only to see how Tinnok might react.

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Tinnok on August 22nd, 2014, 3:10 am

Tsuya looked up at Tinnok with a mixture of confusion and fear upon her features, something the half breed realized with a sharp pang was how she normally felt within when she met with Evalin as well. She simply hid it within, as she internalized nearly every emotion she came into contact within her short lifespan. To show her fear, her anger, was weakness that had never been tolerated by her 'betters', and though it often made it hard for her to share her feelings, it also made it a bit easier to keep her own fear hidden from both Tsuya and Evalin. And that fear was now more for the green haired girl than herself, her charge. In answer to Evalin's question Tinnok merely shrugged, and Tsuya simply opened her mouth, then closed it, clearly petrified, backing slightly into Tinnok.

The half breed's slitted eyes narrowed somewhat at Evalin's words. There was a long pause after her words, left floating in the humid Falyndar air. Would it be better to speak the truth, as Evalin might learn or it one way or another? Simply refusing the undead creature would do no good here, she had nothing to back up an outright refusal, but she most certainly did not want 'help' in any fashion from this being.

"Her name, Tsuya." Tinnok began. Better to give at least some truth's here, not make the Witch more interested than she needed to be, especially when those hungry eyes were trained so eagerly on the girl's form. "She is child of Caiyha, as I, and we train so she one day be marked."

As Evalin peered at Tsuya, the girl simply nodded, as if to confirm what Tinnok spoke about her. She seemed to realize her gaping maw would do her little good though. Eventually this strange woman would need verbal confirmation of some sort. "I was raised on this mountain." This was said slowly, cautiously, but whether it was Evalin's expression or Tinnok's presence, maybe a bit of both, she commenced, a bit of her previous energy flowing through her words, much more eloquent in common than her teacher. "I was brought here by Mama, and I can feel the animals and plants, they do not hurt me, like the other Witches, but I don't have a mark, I'm not a witch. Tinny is teaching me how to be one, so that when I see Mama again, maybe she'll make me one."

Tinnok glanced at Tsuya and smiled a bit. It was hard not to be taken in by the girl's passion, even if she was just that...a girl. Another pang of worry flooded through her and she looked back up at Evalin, wondering what torturous things she might put the two of them through if she even deigned let them leave this grove alive.
c

Image Image Image
Tinnok
A Witch of the Wilds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Evalin on August 22nd, 2014, 9:04 pm

Evalin pulled her hand back, "Tsuya... What a delicious name." She glanced at Tinnok and laughed, but she did back away a step, "It is truly a pleasure to meet such a little one as you, so gift you are. Your blood must be coursing with your wild nature. Perhaps I shall sample that someday soon." She eyed the girl and giggled, turning away and walking back to Tsenrika.

The Familiar had come around the tree now, kneeling down as Evalin approached and opening his arms. Evalin easily settled into them, pressing her back against Tsenrika's chest as the Familiar wraped his arms around her, his head looking over her right shoulder, staring with blue eyes that reflected the world around them. Closing her eyes half way, as if enjoying the embrace, Evailn spoke softly to Tsuya, "Tell me child of Caiyah, what is it that you and Tinnok go now to do? What is she 'training' you in today?" LIcking her lips Evalin looked fully at the girl, ignoring Tinnok for the moment, "I can almost taste it, that fear within you. I see it on your features, in your movements. You hate me don't you? But why... Is it that you have seen another like me?" This was what Evalin was truly curious about. This child she had never seen before, appearing after hearing of another such as her in the Jungle. How was she connected to the other agents of the returned? Was she even involved? Truthfully Evalin doubted it, but eagerly Evailn waited to see if Tinnok would squirm in discomfort.

After any reply was made Evalin would snap her fingers and Tsenrika would stand, lifting her small body into the air, cradling her against his chest so that Evalin could still look at Tinnok and Tsuya, "I have decided that it is my whim to accompany you during your 'training'. I will assist you in whatever it is you must do. Call it, a show age of good faith and an extension of friendship." During this time Tsenrika was already preparing his djed, and then from his back unfolded two large bat wings, each six feet to the tip, black as night that curled around his shoulders. Evalin gave Tinnok a meaningful look, tilting her head and not bothering to disguise the amused expression in her eyes, "If that is what your guardian allows of course. Never would I wish to overstep my bounds, but also would I not wish for EITHER of you to suffer some ill happening that I might have been able to prevent had I been allowed to accompany you." The threat was not even thinly veiled, it was out in the open. Evalin wished to follow with Tinnok and Tsuya, and if they did not allow it she would see to it they regretted it.

The Immortals eyes flickered to Tsuya and she smiled again, "You would like this, would you not child?"

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Tinnok on August 30th, 2014, 11:49 pm

The discomfort concerning this whole situation was plain to read on the half breed's features. It was enough stress to deal with escaping Evalin's clutches by herself, but throwing Tsuya into the mix was simply too much. When the undead witch spoke of sampling the girl's blood Tinnok had to force herself not to instinctively grab the girl with both hands, lob her over her shoulder and sprint as fast as she could from the clearing then and there. As it was her brows knit together in consternation. She wondered if Caiyha had known to what extent Tsuya would be tried when she had given her into Tinnok's care up upon the mountains. To live a sheltered life for so long and then get thrown in the middle of this horrible mess the witch was creating? It seemed so unfair. Tinnok blinked. Of course life had never been fair with her, and from Tsuya's story, hadn't been with her either.

Tsuya was looking up at Tinnok. Though she could not vocalize her thoughts, the half breed could read the question in her eyes. Should she tell the truth about what they were doing? The half breed gave a firm, but reluctant nod. There was no point in trying to lie, if Tsuya didn't slip up on it, Tinnok might, and somehow or another Evalin might find out anyway, which would be the worse for both of them if she did.

"How could I hate you?" Tsuya began in the earnest way that children do. "I don't...I don't even know you, but you are scary, like the girl...the thing in the ruins." She paused, reluctantly, even through her fear. "That's where we're going, to make sure they're all gone, all the things that made the root monster, and tried to kill Tin, and hurt the pretty silver bird and all of our friends."

With the truth out of the way, Tinnok was surprised not at all that Evalin wished to accompany them. Completely unnecessary, the threat washed over the half breed like a wave, and she grabbed Tsuya's hand and led her past Evalin and Tsenrika without a second glance, towards the ruins they needed to get to sooner rather than later.

"Come then."

As she walked her mind was alive with plans. If there were any of the creepy undead creatures left, it was safe to say she could probably kill them before or even during Evalin ordering them around. Daggers to the throat, a well placed arrow to the head. Tinnok had felt naked these last few weeks due to the small arsenal she had lost at the ruins, but soon it would be returned. They could bury the creatures that had been lost, make sure the rot and death was cleansed from the ruins, and set everything right, even if that petching horror was going to come with them to do it.
c

Image Image Image
Tinnok
A Witch of the Wilds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Evalin on November 6th, 2014, 9:35 pm

Evalin smiled as a triumphant expression crossed her features. She had won this round, well aware that Tinnok would certainly not be pleased with the outcome of their exchange. It was deliciously amusing to watch the Half-breed squirm, more so than any other mortal she had met thus far. The little Queen had her moments of course, but this one... that fire in her soul, the look in her eyes whenever she gazed upon the nuit it sent a shiver of excitement up her spine and a thrill in her soul like nothing else could. It was like balancing on the edge of a knife, and either side was certain death. That excitement was too easily lost in the centuries of existence that Evailn and thus far experienced, but now the flame was rekindled.

Without word Tsenrika stepped aside and allowed Tinnock to leave, and after tucking his wings in close to his body the Familiar began to follow after her and her little companion.

It seems that there is someone like me in the ruins. Curious is it not my dear Tsenrika, that I have as of yet not seen them?

Tsenrika shrugged, Perhaps she did not wish to be seen or known by you.

Evailn shook her head, tapping a finger on her cheek, But for what purpose... If she had alerted me then perhaps I would have been of use. Surely whatever was planned would have gone more smoothly than they clearly have.

Tsenrika was silent for a moment before replying, Perhaps... it was a ploy to undermined my master and her progress. If such was the case, or if she wished for another end entirely, then my Master would never have been informed.

Fickle are those who follow this path of this we may be certain, but she was foolish. Still, perhaps there is something that might be gained from all of this.

"Tell me Child, Tsuya," Evalin called from behind Tinnok and her companion, "Do tell me more of this girl you met, who you say was scary like me. What was she like? What did she say to you? Perhaps, if I know of her intentions, I may be of greater use to your quest."

OOCI am so sorry for the stupidly long wait for this. I could have sworn I already replied, but obviously I didn't! Again im sorry :(

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Tinnok on November 11th, 2014, 10:46 pm

She wasn't sure which was more prevalent, her anger or her fear for Tsuya that seemed to boil and bubble beneath the surface as she set off into the jungle then. It was utterly infuriating how this being could manipulate her so easily, just as easily as one of her pawns. Sure she wouldn't jump at Evalin's command, but if it came down to her charge's life she could be backed into such a corner. This is what she wants, she wants to feed off of my hate for her, for this situation, this is how she feels pleasure, as close as she can get to...happiness? Tinnok's lips pressed together so tightly for a moment that the color seemed to leave them, and she closed her eyes, turning away from Evalin and Tsuya, trying to compose herself. The only advantage to this was how amusing she was, what a wonderful plaything she seemed to be in the hands of the Undead Sorceress. For as long as she could get these reactions out of Tinnok, taunt and tease her, she would revel in the moments and not kill her....hopefully.

In this time Tsuya was left to stare, still agape at Evalin's strange form, trying to comprehend the being before her, which she knew almost as acutely as Tinnok was not right in the sense of the natural order of the world of which she had become accustomed too upon the mountains she was raised in.

At Evalin's question Tsuya glanced at Tinnok, but the half breed was more than busy trying to pull herself together. Left with little other choice she decided to speak, as it seemed her best and truly only option. "She chased us through the sky, attacked us, but...she did not fly like the bird we were on, she came through the air like...mist, and when she touched us it burned.." Her fingers touched her face, remembering the sensation in her skin before she had lost consciousness. "She laughed at us, chased us, and then...just left. And it felt wrong, just like you d-....sorry." Her eyes trailed to the ground. Of course it did seem horribly rude to simply insult how a person felt, but it was of course the truth.

"We go now." Tinnok said, she gave a glance at Tsuya then, ushering the girl in front of her, and then taking it upon herself to set a brisk pace through the foliage. Her breathing had evened, but her thoughts still seethed beneath the surface, Tsuya glancing back worriedly and opening her mouth, then closing it and proceeding ahead of Tinnok, happy to have the half breed between her and the strange being.

There was still a distance to go to reach the ruins they sought and she wanted this over as swiftly as possible.

oocNo worries!!
c

Image Image Image
Tinnok
A Witch of the Wilds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Evalin on January 16th, 2015, 3:51 am

A small hiss of annoyance slipped through Evalin's teeth and her expression darkened at Tsuya's words. Not that she felt odd of course, that little line had escaped her completely. No, it was what she said before, about the girl who flew through the sky... like mist or...

"Miasma..." Evalin said softly, glancing down at Tsuya before she was shuffled away, "She was like miasma child." Her eyes looked up at Tinnok then, staring into the back of her head even as she tried to quicken her pace and get away, "Know you not how fortunate you were, to have escaped alive. Or, at the very least, avoided a far worse outcome."

Evalin could not even force a fake smile on her lips for the feelings swirling within her chest suppressed any amusement she might have taken from Tinnok and Tsuya's discomfort. The pair began to pull away, and for a chime Evalin paid it no mind. Her mind was upon other things.

Be damned... It is as we suspected then. One who is a step above myself, and if she yet lives then...

We will simply become her pawns. The Familiar finished simply.

With a nod Evalin sighed and gently tapped her chin, her eyes lost in thought, Still, is it not odd that these two, as low as they are, managed to escape? Make it no sense that someone as low as this child could escape upon her own abilities.

Or she did. Tsenrika shrugged.

At this Evalin did smile, just a small one though, Your jest do indeed lift the spirits. Come, let us catch them. There is something we must know before arriving.

As you command. His wings spread then, great black canopies that caught the wind and with two mighty flaps took them from the ground and over the lowest branches of the mighty trees around them. Tinnok and Tsuya had gotten a little ways ahead but with a flurry of flaps Tsenrika carried his master over their heads, casting a shadow over their path before he landed directly in their path. His wings remained spread for a tick before he tucked them close once more and turned so that Evalin could see them.

Grinning at Tinnok Evalin shifted her attention to Tsuya once more, leaning down a bit as she said, "Come child, tell me this. This thing you met, that turned to missed and reminded you of me... What became of her exactly? Did she flee or was she somehow disposed of...?"

This was important, for if there WAS a third marked Desolate One where they were going... Evalin would become a simple pawn, however, if she was truly defeated then those things she left behind, her previous minions, they perhaps could still be of use to the Immortal... And if not well they would need to be disposed of properly.
ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Tinnok on January 17th, 2015, 6:58 pm

At first, Tinnok decided that she would make herself ignore Evalin's words, however dangerous that might be, to keep from inciting into a protective rage filled frenzy that would most likely come to absolutely naught in the face of the undead being and her strange transforming companion. After a few chimes, realizing this tactic for the folly it was, Tinnok took a few deep breaths and attempted to calm her mind. If she ever wanted to get a one up on the awful creature it would be better to absorb all knowledge she could, not turn away in ignorance.

Evalin's interest in Tsuya was unsurprising, and rang of her own first meeting with the creature. The girl was clearly somewhat petrified, but her own curiosity was getting the better of her as she realized that at least for now, Evalin had no intent of harming either of them, despite the fact that her landing, riding the winged being that was her companion startled both of them a good deal.

Tinnok thought she might be reading too far into Evalin's line of questioning, but she almost noted a hint of desperation in the words she directed toward Tsuya, for whom had lost consciousness during the event, and if she did remember any of it save the beginning, hated to speak of it. The half breed fell back somewhat to put a comforting hand on the girl's strange green hair. "It not dead." That factoid, she knew with a certainty, for she nor Tsuya, nor the great bird they rode upon that night had no power to stop it...her. Unless Caiyha in her mercy had struck that thing from the face of Mizahar, it was still roaming somewhere, perhaps even in the jungle itself.

Then the half breed set an unrelenting pace for the group towards the ruins at the base of the mountains. She would stop every now and again to get her bearings, sometimes even using her morphing to scale nearby trees and make sure she was on the right track, the great peaks directly to her left, but most of the time, the incline she kept at her shoulder let her know she was headed in the right direction. If Evalin wished to converse, she of course could, though she wouldn't find much in the way of speech from Tinnok.

When Tsuya grew tired, instead of pausing, Tinnok hoisted the girl onto her back, carrying her until she insisted she could walk again. The ordeal left her weary, legs sore after several bells, but she found the pain in her legs, the exertion in general, helped her mind from falling into despair at being trailed by an entity whose very presence seemed to sap at life of the jungle.

Eventually, a small clearing came into view, and her legs slowed. Though the ruins were their true goal, this clearing was a first and very important stop, of a promise to be fulfilled. It didn't take her long to find the bodies, the remains of the creatures that had come to her and Tsuya's aid to fight the horrible entities that had tainted the jungle...one of which was now accompanying them. The half breed took long stride to the bones, pieces of fur and little flesh that remained on the forms, picked clean by scavengers of all shapes and sizes, a few thousand army ants, still populating the rich feeding ground. A few crawled up her finger, tickling her gnosis mark, and she could feel from them the great feast they had, see the fights they had had with other insects, to invariable victory due to their numbers. She smiled and returned them to the corpses, then sat down, folding her legs and closing her eyes, and began to pray in Myrian,

"I am sorry I could not have paid homage to your sacrifice on that night. It pains me to think that anything would give its life when it is I who should be safeguarding you, this jungle, and all those under Caiyha's purview who inhabit it. I apologize to return here with one who could have just as easily have sank the rot into this place, I hope you, and Caiyha will forgive my transgression. One day I will have the power to combat any who jeopardize the fragile balance of the natural, and I hope that in making sure the ruins are restored I can come one step closer to fulfilling that promise."

Her breathing was even, here in this glade, even tainted as it was, even feeling the prickling uneasiness that Evalin emanated from her core, Tinnok was, for a moment, at peace. She opened her eyes to see Tsuya had sat in front her, copying her stance, eyes closed, though she probably could only make out a word here or there of her Myrian. She smiled at Tinnok, and the half breed returned the smile, then offered her a water skin before taking a long drought herself. Then the trek continued. Not much farther to go.

c

Image Image Image
Tinnok
A Witch of the Wilds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal