Closed In Woods as Cold as Bronze

Getting lost in the woods is no fun... At least not alone.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

In Woods as Cold as Bronze

Postby Ashryn on December 15th, 2014, 5:40 am

Saraphina's picture was becoming clearing. If she was from Avanthal that is was easy to see how she can survive out here in the freezing Winter temperatures. Avanthal was permanently encased in snow and ice. At least it was to Ashryn's knowledge. Somehow the girl knew how to survive, whereas someone not from the North may not. Ashryn could never see herself living out here in the wilds. Surely, maybe a night or two if she wandered too far from the city, it couldn't be that difficult. Still, Ashryn did not want to be stuck outside tonight. Perpahs a few days in the Summer would be nicer.

Ashryn's eyes continued to search the ever-darkening clearing. She couldn't see that well in this dark. The feild was huge too, she would probably have to walk around the whole thing to find poor Twelveknives. However she answered the strangers question as she squinted and strained her eyes.

The question, though, embarrassed the poor girl. She was wondering for a stupid reason, and she knew it. "I was looking for a particular herb that may or may not grow in these woods... It was foolish of me, I know. It's just I am ver interested in what this plant can do... and I just wanted to find one." She bowed her head in shame for a minute, but then shot it back up as the redhead pointed out that she had found the horse.

She pointed to the opposite end of the field and Ashryn instantly began to jog over to the spot, even though she couldn't quite she her mount yet. With a few more feet, though, she could just make out a slightly darker shape within the tree line. She sighed in relief as she quickly crossed the clearing. Ashryn had barely heard the girl mention that fact that TwelveKnives may not take a liking to the stranger, though the question as to why did cross her mind for a millisecond. She shrugged it off, perhaps the girl was simply just not an animal person. Ashryn was barely one herself.

Once she got closer to her Kavinka, the horse seemed to recognize her, her scent or something. He nickered in delight and stomped his way over to her. She smiled at him, "Hey boy, how're you doing, you poor boy." She consoled. He rubbed his nozzle against her raised palm and she grabbed at his reins. Once the leather straps where in hand and she made sure they were not ripped at all, she began to lead her horse back towards the stranger. Halfway across TwelveKnives seemed to get a look at the girl and didn't seem worried, until a few more feet, when Ashryn assumed, he must have caught her scent, he began to whine and hit the ground a bit with his hoofs. She placed a hand on his neck to calm him down, and he seemed to cry a little less. He was still a bit agitated, and Ashryn's question came to mind again.

"Why does he dislike you so much?" She called to the girl who rifling around in a bush. Coming closer Ashryn saw that the bush was a rose bush and the girl was collecting rose hips into her shirt which she had fashioned into a poor pocket.

Ashryn almost instantly forgot her question and became excited by the fact that the girl found rose hips at all. It was the beginning of Winter and the hips should have died off by now. Yet they were stubbornly clinging to the bush, only slightly wrinkled in protest to the biting cold.

After a quick motion for TwelveKnives to stay, which the horse gladly did, not wanting to get any closer to the stench of the woman, Ashryn rummaged trough her bag until she found her last empty glass jar. She quickly began filling the jar with the hips and motioned for the stranger to pile the ones she had already collected into the jar as well. There were probably three bushes clumped together at the edge of the clearing, and probably a hundred or more rose hips on them. As quickly as she could she plucked them from their stems and plopped them into her jar. This was an awesome find. She could make itching powder out of the hairs and jam from the remaining carcasses. She was extremely gleeful at the girls find and completely missed when the redhead told her they would be staying the night.

It was maybe another chime or two until what the girl said hit her. "Oh..." She whispered in shock. She did not want to stay the night, especially in a makeshift camp. However she had learned to listen to the wildling and soon handed her the jar and she went to follow orders. She then grabbed TwelveKnives reins again and moved him a bit farther from the girl and a bit into the woods as she began to pick up sticks and dead leaves from the ground and into her cradling arms. Soon she would have a good armful and would bring them back to where the girl had stopped picking berries and started making camp.

WordCount: 868
I am in the process of moving/visiting family/celebrating the holidays. That being said my posting activity will be slower than normal, but it will not halt. Shoot me a PM if I'm taking too long or have questions.
Ashryn
Player

Words: 51583
Joined roleplay: November 23rd, 2014, 10:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Saraphina Skyglow on December 18th, 2014, 3:24 am

Saraphina Skyglow

S araphina had to smile at Ashryn's statement. The Kelvic did have to admit, travelling out alone without any companions into the wilds could be overwhelming. Particularly if one had no idea of how to survive. Saraphina certainly didn't claim to be an expert on survival. Most of what she knew came from her animal side, the natural instincts of a predator. She had lived long enough in the wilds to know how to keep herself alive. Ashryn certainly had the posh, cultured appearance of a city dweller. Her pale skin wasn't coated with a fine layer of dirt, her clothing was clean and she carried the scent of one who bathed with the sweet smelling soaps that bathhouses supplied. It was somewhat amusing to the ginger to see her follower trying to mimic her steps. Ashryn was doing quite well in her attempts at walking with stealth, Saraphina was actually rather impressed.

T ilting her head towards the city girl, Saraphina managed a small smile of encouragement, "You don't learn all things in the cities, or in books. Sometimes....you just need to follow your instincts and venture out on your own. If your not willing to take a risk once and a while, you never learn anything new." Saraphina spoke with the voice of experience. But she was an adventurous type, someone unafraid of pain or conflict. It would probably be a much different view for Ashryn. Saraphina was trying to understand the human girl, truly she was. But her young mind simply couldn't grasp the concept that someone would feel secure and safe in the walled city. Here, in the forest, in the elements, this was her home. Perhaps the distance between the two girls was too great to form a lasting friendship, but Saraphina hoped not.

O nce Ashryn gathered her horse and moved towards her, Saraphina tried to make her body language read as non threatening to Twelveknives....it didn't work. The painted mount pawed uneasily at the ground and his mistress attempted to calm him. Breathing out, the Kelvic moved further away. Hopefully the horse would grow accustomed to her predator scent and figure out she meant the beast no harm. Ashryn's question however made her pause. Saraphina hadn't intended to keep the fact that she wasn't human from her, it was something that had simply slipped her mind. Some people could figure out right away that she was Kelvic, either from her eyes, from her movement or some other hint that would tell them she wasn't human. Though she'd faced mostly acceptance in her life, there were still those who disliked and turned up their noses at her. She didn't think Ashryn would be like that, but then again, she was far from being good at reading people. Empting her bundle of rosehips into the jar, she kept plucking at the berries, keeping an eye on the dark haired girls reaction as she spoke, "I am Kelvic, Ashryn. More specifically....I am a predator Kelvic. My scent is that of an animal that your horse would normally flee from for safety. That's why he doesn't like me."

A shryn seemed very disappointed about having to spend the night in the woods. Yet another thing Saraphina found odd, but she was at home here. But Ashryn wandered off to gather some wood as she asked. Smiling and grateful to have someone willing work, Saraphina wandered to the area she'd picked out. The low hanging branches were coated in a thin layer of forest, so she hit them a bit to knock the majority off. Ducking under the boughs, she knelt on the ground and plucked out the grass till she could see dirt. There was no time to dig a proper pit, so the fire would have to be small. Once the area was cleared, she joined Ashryn in gathering up some wood. Some large dead branches were gathered up and the two soon had a nice pile. It would last for long enough to keep them warm. Putting her backpack down, Saraphina took out her knife and the small ball of moss she'd stored earlier. Taking one of the pieces of deadfall, she started to shave off small, curling lengths. The thin shavings would be good for starting a fire.

G lancing over at Ashryn, she felt a small desire to share some of her knowledge with the city girl. Maybe if the herbalist knew more about the wilds, she'd perhaps come to appreciate it the way Saraphina did. "Starting a fire can be tricky. The most important thing to remember is to let the flame breath. First, you need something dry and flammable at the base." Saraphina demonstrated by placing the ball of moss on the ground and then surrounding the tinder with a small group of wood shavings. Taking up some of the small, crisp twigs, Saraphina made a small tee pee with wide spaces to allow air to easily flow through. "Then you need to create heat. Most use flint and steel, like this one," She held up her own tool to show Ashryn before started to strike the two together and created a spark, "It can take time, but if you keep at it...after a bit you get...ah..." A small spark jumped out and hit the small bundle she'd made. Quickly blowing on the spark, the small flames bit into the tinder. Feeding the tiny flickering life with smaller pieces of wood, slowly the fire grew till a delicious warmth filled the air. Turning to Ashryn, she smiled and sat back, "Fire is key to surviving in the wilds. Very little can live without the warmth. Naturally, I can eat my meat raw, but most humans can't. But the rose hips are nice if you hungry, there quite sweet actually."

Saraphina Skyglow
No chains will ever hold me

Words: 234308
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2014, 11:59 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ashryn on December 21st, 2014, 10:47 pm

Ashryn listened intently as Saraphina described how to start a fire. She watched as she pulled out dried moss to use as a starter and created tiny wood shavings as well. She listened when the girl explained why it was important to shape the wood into a triangle style so that the oxygen flow would be at its best and the fire would be lively. Ashryn knew a little about starting fires, like using dry wood and flint and steel used to make a spark. She had to use those tactics at home in her hearth in order to stay warm. However she had never created a fire in the wilderness, never for survival, protection not just from the cold of Winter, but also from the predators that lurked in the dark shadows of the forest's trees.

Pretty soon the redhead had a nice fire going and the warmth was extremely welcoming. She stretched her fingers into its blanket and sighed at the began to loosen up from the cold. Although it was doubtful the herbalist could now create a fire on her own, perhaps if she got stuck out here again, she may just be able to survive a bit longer. The knowledge the girl shared was vital, and Ashryn certainly learned a thing or two from her advice.

After the two rested at the fire a bit, Ashryn made sure TwelveKnives was secured to a nearby tree. Close enough to be illuminated and warmed by the fire, but at a good enough distance from the wilding to be able to calm down enough to sleep. She hoped the horse was getting used to Saraphina, although if not, Ashryn could not blame the animal, especially after learning that she was a Kelvic. Speaking of which, Ashryn had no yet commented on that subject. When it was reviled to her the herbalist didn't give much of a response. She wanted to give the girl some space for a moment, and she went to collect kindling for the fire. But now that they were settled, Ashryn decided it was a good time to bring it back up.

As she began to bring up the new again Ashryn began to work on the rose hips. They needed a bit of work before they could be eaten. She grabbed the jar that was full to the brim with them and her eating knife. Taking a fat branch Ashryn cut into it a bit to form a almost flat, and much smoother, surface than the rough bark gave. It acted as a tiny cutting board, simply, it would make it easier to slice open the hips. She pulled out another jar from her bag, her smallest one, that was currently filled with a couple of herbs from her escursion before meeting Saraphina. She pulled out those plants and stuffed them into another of her jars so that the small one was empty. Now, taking one rose hip at a time, Ashryn cut each fruit in halve and shook the seeds, covered in itchy hairs, into the small, empty jar. With the seeds dispensed from the fruit, along with the clinging hairs, the rose hips would be good to eat. When she had finished one, she would had half of it to her companion and eat the other half herself, then start again on another hip.

"I understand why my horse bolted when he did now. I was so confused when you said it was your fault. Why would he be afraid of a human?" She smiled at the girl, assuring her that she was forgiven. "But being a Kelvic is so interesting! I also understand why you live in the woods too, it must be more of a natural home than in the cobblestone city of Syliras. If you don't mind me asking, you mentioned you were a predator Kelvic, what exactly are you?" It was true that predators were more dangerous, but since the girl was on Ashryn's side, she felt much safer in these dark woods. With the scent of whatever she was engulfing them it was rare that they would get any trouble from a lurker. "I am so interested in Kelvics. I have only met a few, and I have never seen any of them in animal form, at least not that I know of. What is it like?" Normally the herbalist would worry if she was overstepping a line, asking these personal questions. But when it came to something she was passionate or interested in, like herbs, or other races, she didn't really stop to think about what the other would think of her indulgences.

WordCount: 776
I am in the process of moving/visiting family/celebrating the holidays. That being said my posting activity will be slower than normal, but it will not halt. Shoot me a PM if I'm taking too long or have questions.
Ashryn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Saraphina Skyglow on December 23rd, 2014, 9:03 pm

Saraphina Skyglow

T he two settled into the alcove of branches nicely, each studying the growing life of the crackling fire. Ashryn stretched out her fingers towards the warmth, smiling in what appeared to be relief. Saraphina enjoyed the heat from the flicking flames as well, but she needed it less than her human companion. As a Kelvic, some of her animal properties transferred to her human form. Enhanced senses, greater agilely and a higher tolerance to the cold. Naturally, she was still bothered by the chill of winter. But her Northern Tiger blood gave her an advantage most human's didn't have, something similar to Vantha's bearing Morwen's Mark. But the fire was defiantly a comfort to have. As the light faded from the sky, night sounds lit the air. Wolves howled ominously in the distance, a haunting melody of wild abandon that Saraphina found more beautiful than any organized symphony. Wind blew through the trees and branches struck against tree trunks. All the while, the fire crackled cheerfully, lighting the ever darkening world and creating a cocoon of safety for the two campers.

T welveknives seemed to settle down as he spent more time around Saraphina. She was sure if she approached him, he would likely shy away again, but as the ginger was presenting no harm to the horse, he eventually accepted her presence...though Saraphina was pretty sure it was a reluctant choice on his part. Ashryn was pulling out more glass jars from the saddle bags. The herbalist transferred some plant materials from one of the jars to a different one. A strange scent floated from the greenery and Saraphina sniffed at the air curiously, trying to catch the odor in her nose. It wasn't one she recognised, either by scent or sight, so she choose to ask, "Are those more plants you gathered? What are they? Nothing you can eat I take it." Ashryn had created a small cutting board for herself and was slicing the rose hips, clearing the seeds and glass-like threads from inside the fruit. Saraphina was pleased and rather surprised when the brunette started to offer her some of the slices of berry. Taking a few, she nibbled happily on the sweet plant. The taste reminder her a great deal of apples....if the apples had sat in the sun for a while and were a bit soft. Still, the rose hips were a nice snack and gave Ashryn something to do. That would probably take her mind off the fact that she was in the wilderness and possible surrounded by vicious predators. Although the Kelvic was keeping her some of her senses tuned to her surroundings, alert and wary for anything unwelcomed.

A shryn's interest and easy acceptance of her alien race was welcomed with a bright smile. Saraphina was glad that the young human didn't mind sharing space with her. In fact, her enthusiasm was a bit unexpected. Fortunately, the Tiger Kelvic understood the driving need to learn and experience new things, so she responded to the flurry of questions with a hearty laugh, "Yes, I do find the....less developed areas to be more of a home than Syliras. The city is lovely, so many people and cultures. But the wall begin to feel like a prison cell after a while and I am one who values freedom above all else. Its...its my blood I suppose....then there's the fact that many human's see Kelvic's as viable slaves. I personally would rather suffer death than go through that." Saraphina's eyes darkened as she finished that statement. Her fingers curled into fists and a low, barley heard inhuman growl rumbled in her chest. The Kelvic had heard of the abuse some of her race went through in other parts of the world, though she had never met a chained shifter. She honestly hoped she never would, it would break her heart to see it....and she would likely murder the would be master of the soul she met.

R ealising that she had stopped talking, the ginger pushed back her black rage and smiled at Ashryn again, "Sorry...I am a feline Kelvic. In Avanthal, my animal form is called a Northern Tiger. I am a large, predator feline with orange fur and black stripes. If you like, I can show you my other form...." Blinking suddenly, she sat back a bit and looked over at the tethered paint mount, who in turn, looked at the Kelvic with perked ears, "in the morning perhaps. I think I've frightened your horse enough for one day. As for what its like? Well....I'm not really sure how to answer that. I have instincts humans don't have I suppose. Better hearing, sharper vision, a natural resistance to cold and a better ability to hunt prey, as well as not needing to cook my food if I don't want to. But, I'm not ruled by instinct like pure animals. I can think, feel and plan in both my human and animal form. Its a great advantage while hunting and living out in the wilds. I think that's sort of the best explanation I can give. I don't really understand humans a lot, but I'm getting much better." Saraphina gave a small shrug afterwards, a nonchalant gesture to push away any discomfort the herbalist might have felt about eagerly inquiring into the Kelvic's personal life.

OOCNorthern Tiger refers to a Siberian Tiger.

Saraphina Skyglow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ashryn on December 30th, 2014, 10:36 pm

Ashryn paused her work to glance back at her herb-filled jars. She barely even noticed them as she removed them from the rose hip jar. She didn't even think of mentioning them to her companion, but the girl showed interest, and that of course, sparked a bit of interest in Ashryn as well. "These are really common plants that I find a lot around this area." It was true. These herbs she found all the time, but they were still important to her work and job. "Most of these are called Connol." She explained as she pulled one plant out to show it to the girl. As she did she passed it to Saraphina to examine on her own.

The Connol plant is a short herb with wrinkly green leaves that have a velvety feeling underside to them. They grow in a rosette form, or a circular cluster, and at its base grows a slim stem. The plant also sometimes produces a yellow flower with a red center. "As I said they are common so I pick them and then sell them to the winery. They make white wine with it. But it can also induce sleep when in a tea or relieve aching joints in a bath."

"The rest of this is a bunch of different mints." She said absentmindedly. They were not that big of a deal. She had some pennyroyal, which she did not pass to Saraphina, or mention to her. That herb was for he own personal study. Most of his was peppermint that she had picked from a surviving grove. She did pass that to Saraphina for examination. Peppermint it also very common, and widely used. It has a bright green with oval shaped leaves that come to a point. Each leaf has soft ridges along its edges and the plant grows upward on another slim stem, each cluster of leaves only a few centimeters apart on the stem. It is too late in the season for it to flower, so Saraphina was not able to notice the purple flowers that grow on a cone at the top of the plant. "The peppermint I use at home for cooking and I sell it around the city too. It's very good for tea and candy too." She stopped and thought for a moment.

After grabbing another of her jars she looked in its contents and them told to the girl, "Actually, I think I have enough peppermint to make tea if you want." This excited her a little. She loved to make things with her herbs. It was gret practice and it always made her feel useful. Normally she sold her herbs raw to the apocrathy shop or the winery or to cook, ect. But she loved it when she could make a product of her own.

Getting back to the conversion Saraphina was starting, Ashryn also winced at the mention of slaves. One of the things she loved about her home was that slaves were not tolerated in the slightest and because of that rule she had never witnessed one herself. She could not imagine someone being used like that. She shared this information with the Kelvic. "You are in the right place Saraphina. There are no, and never will be, any slaves in Syliras. The Order makes sure of that."

"No wonder poor TwelveKnives was so frightened of you. I bet you have the 'predator' smell all over you. Humans can't pick up on things like that, but my horse sure can." She wuickly glanced over at her horse again. He seemed to be calming down just a bit. He was no longer shaking his head or stomping his feet. Instead his tail swished nervously every few moments and sometimes he would sigh out of his nostrils. He was probably wondering why in the petch Ashryn was being all friendly towards this beast. She tried to smile comfortingly at him, maybe if he could smell the animal on Saraphina, he could smell the calmness on Ashryn too.

Ashryn nodded in agreement when the girl corrected herself. Morning would be better. TwelveKnives was just beginning to calm down. But Ashryn was insanely curios. She had never seen what the wildling called a 'tiger' before. It sounded so strange, orange and black? She knew sometimes animals, like birds, had contrasting colors to confuse predators, but a predator having confusing colors? What service did that provide? "Yes, tomorrow. I would love to see your animal. It must be amazing to be able to experience that. The smells, sights, feelings. A whole different world I expect." She said wonderingly. She was probably talking mainly to herself, trying hard to imagine such a thing.

The herbalist continued to cut open the berries and retrieving the seeds and hairs from them in her jar. She would keep the seeds and any leftover berries for herself, if the girl didn't claim them first. She couldn't think of a use the Tiger would have for the seeds, but perhaps she would want to hips for food later on.

Connol :
Name Frequency Locale Description Uses Level Misc.
Connol Common Temperate Hills / Plains Short plant / rosette of wrinkled leaves with a velvety underside / From the base of the rosette grows a slim leafless stem / produces a yellow blossom with a red center Dried flowers or roots - used in a hot bath for relief of aching joints and wounds / infused into tea to induce sleep / fermenting the herb into a mild white wine 1 herb 1 brew (wine) All parts can be dried and stored together / Perennial

Peppermint :
Name Frequency Locale Description Uses Level Misc.
PeppermintImage Common Temperate bright green / oval shaped leaves that come to a point / leaf has soft ridges along its edges / plant grows upward / slim stem / cluster of leaves only a few centimeters apart on the stem / purple flowers grow on a cone at the top of the plant teas / candy herb Attracts bees and butterflys / repels deer, insects and mice / perennial

WordCount: 846
Ashryn
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Saraphina Skyglow on December 31st, 2014, 10:33 pm

Saraphina Skyglow

T he ginger Kelvic had to admit to having her opinion changed by Ashryn's enthusiasm and love for her plants. While she'd not had any deep interest in herbalism as a whole, the brunette city girl's passion filled voice and simple description of the foliage catch her attention. It was a rare and gifted person who could shift the strong willed Kelvic's to delve into a subject she wasn't interested in. Heaven knows her Mother had tried that for 2 long years, struggling to get the shifter to focus on lessons other than hunting or exploring the wilds. With little success. Saraphina fished in her backpack for a few seconds before pulling out two small metal cups. Standing up, she filled each one overfull with clean white snow before returning to the fire. Setting the cups near the heat so the icy substance would melt, she tossed another stick of wood onto the fire to keep the flicking flames burning strong.

L ooking back at her new companion, Saraphina smiled brightly at the herbalist before speaking, "My Mother always said I should listen and ask other human's about their interests even if I didn't care much about them. She said its considered polite. I have to admit, I've never had much interest or need to learn about plants and green things. But that's probably because I'm a carnivore and I don't' really need to know about foliage. However...the way you describe things, the emotion and heart you put into your work...its changed my mind about the subject. Which is quite a feat, my Mother would be shocked. Thank you for that Ashryn, its a rare gift that I'll remember." Saraphina used a small stick to turn the cup around so the other side would be exposed to the fire. The snow had melted away, leaving clean water in the metal holders, but a bit more time was needed to make the liquid hot enough for a tea drink. Settling back on her hands and looking up at the sky, she noted that it was a cloudless night. Stars were appearing on the midnight velvet canopy, twinkling through the cracks in the spruce boughs. The moon was half full, letting silvery light blanket the crisp, white surface of the world in a picturesque, pristine painting unmatched by any artists hand. It was breathtakingly beautiful. Saraphina wondered if Ashryn would ever come to appreciate it the way she did.

T aking another sliced rose hip from the small human, she munched happily on the treat. The wind was slowly picking up, bring a greater chill to the air. Saraphina moved a bit closer to the fire and glanced at Ashryn. It might be that she may not have a choice in shifting to her animal form. Body warmth was one of the best ways to conserve and share heat when temperatures dropped. If Twelveknives would lay down, she would have suggested staying close to the large mammal. His sheer size made him pour off more heat than huddling by the fire would. But a warm drink would certainly help to stave of potential hypothermia. She'd just have to keep an eye on Ashryn. Her Tiger form was easily capable of dealing with the cold, the thick blanket of fur and fat keep warmth close to her even in the harshest winter climits. The herbalist didn't have that luxury. "Let me know if you get too cold or start to lose any feeling in your arms and legs. Its not horrible chilly compared to Avanthal, but its still cold. Night time temperatures tend to drop the later it gets. But I think the waters hot enough for your tea." Saraphina pulled her hand inside the sleeve of her shirt and carefully picked up the cups by the handle. The heat had travelled though all parts of the metal, so even the handhold was a bit to warm to touch with bare skin. It would cool quickly enough. Setting them close to Ashryn, the Kelvic let her prepare the drinks. After all, she was the expert on plants, she would know much better how to make a tasty tea over the young ginger.

Saraphina Skyglow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sayana on January 28th, 2015, 2:04 am

Your Grades Have Arrived

Ashryn

Comments :
If your character becomes un-retired, PM me and I’ll be happy to give you your grades.

Saraphina Skyglow

Skills:
Skill EXP
Observation +4
Socialization +5
Planning +1
Wilderness Survival +5
Tracking +5
Hunting +2
Land Navigation +2
Stealth +2
Running +1
Acrobatics +1
Medicine +1
Teaching +1
Herbalism +1

Lores:
  • Tracking: Following rabbit tracks
  • Hunting: Sensing prey when upwind
  • Ashryn: Herbalist
  • Socialization: Use of clothes
  • Wilderness Survival: Detecting black bear den
  • Not all herbs are for food and medicine
  • Rose Hip: Good source of food
  • Peppermint: Used in teas

Comments :
Great thread. I really enjoyed reading about the various nuances of wilderness survival and tracking. However, occasionally it felt like you were playing above your skill level. For example, your wilderness survival seemed fairly competent even though you only have 6 points in it currently. Even though Saraphina has lived in the wilds all her life, try to still keep to your skill level. I also enjoyed how Ashryn was passionate enough about herbalism to rub off on Saraphina. There was a wide variety of skills used and thus I awarded them accordingly.

As a minor aside: I noticed that the skill “Rhetoric” is listed in both the “Mental” and “Social” categories at 5 exp and 6 exp. You might want to fix this so that it is only listed once and with one value.

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request in the grade request thread.

If you have any questions or concerns about your grade please feel free to send me a message.

Enjoy.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Previous