PM to join Let em' soar!

Castle Commons, Midday

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Let em' soar!

Postby Berend on January 9th, 2015, 6:02 am

Timestamp: 2nd of Winter, 514 AV

"All it takes is you holding it right, and now take a strong pull of it, yea thats right!"

Taking that deep breath, the smoke scratched his throat and tickled is lungs, sending him into a coughing fit that had him expelling it back out rather violently. "Bad stuff that" He managed eventually, eyes watering, and still trying to clear his throat between every other word.

"Ha.. I trust you don't like to drink either then?" The man sitting across from him chortled, slapping his thigh.

Berend furrowed his brow at that, and chewed his lip, having recovered himself. Reaching over, he handed the man back his pipe. "Rather stick to the drink mind you, that stuffs not meant to be. The fire in my lungs tells me the truth enough of that, eh?"

"Oh your just.. tell you what, you sit there, let it sit a bit, then you'll see. No talk, try not coughing, just sit, and wait"

"Yea, and do what, play bones with you while the day whittles by, I'll be seeing you later, fine enough for ya? Still need that ale for tonight yeh know?" He replied as he got to his feet, to which the fellow just huffed and puffed, but didn't do much else. At that, he took his leave from the small shop, working his way past others back into the street to continue on his way. Not a particular way today, just browsing mostly to bide the time away.

Sure enough, he kept his eyes open for a mark, but he didn't look to hard, not without company. Winter was here now, times a lot leaner, and the consequences... For the risk, he'd rather the reward be fat, but then again, he'd rather a lot of things be a certain way. His dagger weighed heavy and unfamiliar in his pocket, with him being too fresh for comfort with it. Better he only had to use his fingers.

But whom?

Oh there were plenty of people about, but unfortunately, they looked used to the place. That was at least what he inferred, because none of them had an exotic look about them, and more than a few he'd seen around in other parts of the city. With this, any was too much, so to think of it now, well boldness had it's faults. Someone would see, someone who knew him, which he didn't mind, but it did change things, and the change wasn't always so pleasant. Following around with the crowd like this wasn't likely to get him anywhere with this train of thought, even if it kept him moving. He saw his out in a small alcove between a baker and some unremarkable place with no sign or people loitering about it.

A better position this, yes, but still didn't improve the odds. These folk, they came here because they've been here, he knew that as well as most, but here the reward was fatter than most. Is it worth the risk though?
Last edited by Berend on February 5th, 2015, 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Berend
Something to prove

Words: 73957
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2015, 2:38 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Let em' soar!

Postby Jenna Wyne on January 27th, 2015, 1:19 pm

Jenna made her way through the village, she wanted to get out of town, and planned on doing some hunting. She didn't have much on her, just her bag and the clothes on her back. She didn't have much on her in the way of coins and she hid them. She wasn't a fool, she knew there were more pickpockets in this city than any other. Though she also had the eyes of an eagle, she could see better than most, she could usually spot trouble and avoid it before it came to it.

She made her way through town, trying to stay to well populated areas of it when she could. She would hopefully make it out of town soon. She hated walking around town, she tried to spend as much time as possible in her home or in the wild. She limited her time among people. Though she did sometimes people watch. It was always interesting to see what was going on.

This town at least had one thing, freedom to live how you please. She smiled and pondered moving but that would cost a pretty penny, and she had spent most of her wages on her tanning supplies. She shrugged and figured that perhaps at the end of winter she might move. She sighed and kept on moving. After all she wanted to get out of the city.
Jenna Wyne
Player

Words: 18340
Joined roleplay: January 23rd, 2015, 4:48 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Let em' soar!

Postby Berend on January 28th, 2015, 4:21 am

A baker, a grocer, a bum, or anyone really could be a mark, but not all were equally worth it. The former two had guards after all, while the bum likely had little worth stealing. There were women about as well, and they were as wary as the men, with knifes hidden no doubt. Even if not, he didn't like his odds for they either matched or surpassed him in height. Women were quicker to, so his ma would have him believe at least, and right now, with the bitterness of winter in him just as much as them, he didn't really feel like testing it.

Berend sighed, and abandoned his position to walk along the streets with these supposed marks. Free of the ramshackle shield, the wind was prompt about twisting through his cloak, and so reminded, he wrapped himself up tight in the coarse wool as him moved around those that loitered about in the street. It was too bad not to many outsiders came to these streets during this dreadful season, for that was the ideal mark for him now. Someone perhaps just naive enough for him to make off without too much fuss, because he didn't feel much like running about today. In absence of such a person, well he didn't know what to do.

A small woman walked in front of him, and disappointingly enough, he couldn't even spot a coin purse on her from his angle. This winter was forcing him out of practice, and there seemed little to do for it besides fret. Under his breath he cursed as he moved past her.

"Some winter this be" Berend mused aloud to follow the silent curse, and glance at her one more time to see if he could catch anything of value. Nothing of course, but it didn't hurt to check.
Berend
Something to prove

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Let em' soar!

Postby Jenna Wyne on January 28th, 2015, 3:26 pm

It isn't that bad, just cold. She thought as if he was talking to her, as he passed her. She wasn't bold enough to actually say it. It was at that moment her clock was blown underneath her feet and she as she stepped on it she found her self falling forward towards the man in a jumbled mess, her dress all up and about and surely he would get quite the view. She didn't seem bothered about that though as she checked herself for damage. " Curses!" She mumbled to herself hoping she didn't cause anyone else to fall but she wasn't sure.

Pain radiated from her knee and elbow as she started to dull from the adrenaline of the fall. Jenna mumbled a stream of curses and began dusting off her self looking that her scrapes were just that scrapes. She sighed, hoping her other form wasn't too injured from this. She needed to fly or else she was going to go mad. She had ripped her cloak, she sighed, she was going to have to buy another one.

The pain of the scrapes subsided as she gathered her self. She would have to get up ugh, where did her pack go? She looked and didn't see it. It was empty as she was going to use it to carry her catch and her clothes, but still she didn't want to get another one. It was a bad day apparently.
Jenna Wyne
Player

Character sheet

Let em' soar!

Postby Berend on January 29th, 2015, 4:36 pm

Having taken to chewing on his lip while he watched her, he didn't get the chance to call out when she started falling towards him, and instead ended up stepping to the side with his arms held out in a reflexive attempt to catch her. Of course he's feet weren't set right for it, cause he moved so she didn't fall on him, so whatever he did end up catching had him forward in the slush to land hard on his knees onto the packed earth. Cursing intelligibly, he tried grimacing away the pain as he looked around, and found that his pack had somehow came off in his stumble.

Berend glanced up at the woman before looking back pack, grabbing it before pushing himself back up, and onto his feet. He didn't immediately sling it onto his back though, instead allowing it to hang idly from his right hand while he studied the woman. She ended up getting up relatively okay as well, to which he sighed and looked around at her feet for another quick check for loose items. After all she might have been laying on something, but after a few moments of finding nothing, he figured everything to be in order.

"Shyke.." It sounded fitting for the moment to his ears, for really, what more could be said of this situation. His cheeks were red from more than the cold, and his heart was hammering in his chest. "Uh... did someone trip you?" Another awkward pause as he struggled for what to say, his mind racing as fast as the thumping in his chest. "You hurt?"
Berend
Something to prove

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Let em' soar!

Postby Jenna Wyne on January 29th, 2015, 6:06 pm

Once Jenna was able to get up, she noted her torn cloak. "I am mostly ok, just a bit scraped up. I must of tripped over my own cloak. " She blushed " I should be fine... its nothing really. " She noted her bag in his hand. " Thanks for finding my bag, I must of dropped it. " She blushed again. " I am a little hurt is all, don't worry about me. "

Jenna couldn't believe she had fallen like that. She was a bright crimson and continued to be. She didn't like to bring attention to herself. " I am Jenna.." She gave her best smile. " I do a bit of hunting and tanning so if you ever need anything let me know.. the least I could do. " She was at a loss for what to say to the man. It wasn't everyday that you fell into a person like that. " Are you ok? I saw that I knocked you down, I am terribly sorry."

She was embarrassed, nothing like that had ever happened to her. She hoped he didn't hold ill will towards her. She didn't want to give trouble a reason to visit her again. "I can get you something for your trouble.. I am going hunting, perhaps a hare?" She said feeling bad that she had hurt him.
Jenna Wyne
Player

Character sheet

Let em' soar!

Postby Berend on January 30th, 2015, 2:40 pm

"I ah.. yea, uh.. good then" Berend mumbled, his eyes briefly flickering over his right shoulder to see that his pack was indeed still on his back. His already ruddied cheeks tinged a bit more scarlet at that, and he felt the need to take in a sharp breath to steady himself before he handed her pack over. Now that he was thinking on it, the bag was a bit light, which only made him feel more foolish for the mistake. With that on his mind, he handed it over rather stiffly, and avoided her eyes for the moment choosing instead to study the ground again for a few moments more.

He looked up though when she said his name, and wiped his muddied right hand on his breeches before extending it to her. "Berend, and I'm fine. Been in worst than this, rest assured" He forced a grin at that, and clasped his hands together in front of him.

"A hare? Sure, couldn't say no to such a generous offer. You got something set out there that catches them?" He gestured around in a sweeping semi-circle because that way was all outskirts to him, and a place best avoided usually. However if this woman was willing to give him something he might fetch a fine price for, well he couldn't exactly say no to the potentially hazardous venture. After all, it wasn't exactly safe trying to steal either, and who was to say it would be all that bad out in the farmlands. "How far do you think? Not that I've any particular place to be, but a man likes to know where he's heading" Despite himself, he grinned again not so forced this time, contemplating for a few moments before he remembered himself. "But hey, your looking a bit banged up, you sure your right for it?"
Berend
Something to prove

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Let em' soar!

Postby Jenna Wyne on January 30th, 2015, 4:10 pm

"I hunt.. for them in my own way, don't you worry, I am actually trying to find a way to learn how to trap.. it would be nice if I could just put out some things to catch them. " She looked at her self. " Well I should be fine, I just have a few scrapes, nothing to serious. "I know where a spring is that I can was off in to make sure they are clean." She smiled. " Not too far, just out to the first farm or so. "

She smiled at him. " Nice to meet you Berend" She shook his hand and gave a smile, he seemed alright. " I hope you don't mind the walk, I move rather quickly once we get out of town." She said pulling him by his hand with a giggle. "Don't worry I will get you something for your trouble. " She felt bad for causing him such trouble.

They would quickly be out on their way to the first farm where there was a little enclosure of trees. She walked in and without a word removed her dress and cloak and held her hand up. " Just stay here and I will be back. " She giggled and suddenly she was nothing but a ball of light and then an great big Eastern Imperial Eagle. She cawed loudly and looked at him for his reaction before she took off into the air.
Jenna Wyne
Player

Character sheet

Let em' soar!

Postby Berend on January 30th, 2015, 8:57 pm

He scratched his chin at the remark, looking her over as he wondered just how she planned on doing that. From his position he couldn't make out a ranged weapon on her that could do the job, but then again he couldn't see everything. Perhaps she was really good at hiding things, or more likely, she had her tools stashed somewhere on the outskirts. The latter thought made him smirk, for that would be quite the lucky break for him if so. His eyes flicked back to her face, done looking for any weapons, and focused more on their conversation. After all what would happen, would happen when it was supposed to happen, and overthinking it would just sour the whole thing.

"Likewise, about the meeting that is" Putting on another grin, and shaking as firmly as he could muster. To his surprise though, she didn't immediately let go, and actually went so far as to pull him forward. He didn't resist, more than happy to go along with the odds that were quickly shaping up into his favor.

"No need to wonder after my sake.. I can be quick, even with achy legs" Berend chuckled as he followed her along out past all the crammed together buildings in the cities center, and kind of liked the increasing openness of it all as they moved along. Wasn't often that he got out this way, and hardly ever in day time, so to see it like this in the days light was kind of nice. Before too long, they were out in a very barren looking field, and wherever he looked around, he could see quite far. The downside of it though became quickly apparent to him once the wonder wore off, for out here the wind was strong, and bracingly cold. Even wrapped up as he was in coarse wool, and already numbed by the day, he could notice himself getting even colder out here. Thankfully though, they stopped in a rather unremarkable spot around some trees that obscured them from the outside world for the most part, and sheltered them somewhat from the fierce wind. Expectantly, Berend looked over at her now, wondering were this mystery stash was, his hands resting easily on his waist.

"Ah.. so you wa.." He started to say through chattering teeth and stopped suddenly when she started shedding her clothes, freezing him mid sentence as he could only stare. She said something that he didn't quite catch, and it reminded him that he should probably not be staring but, before he could resolve to look away there was a brilliant flash of light. Faltering back a few paces, he blinked several times to adjust his gaze not on a woman, but on a bird. The color noticeably drained from his face at the sight, and he could feel a cold sweat going already though he was still trying to register what happened.

MAGIC

The realization made him shiver, but other than that small movement, he could do nothing else but stare, and stand frozen in place. His heart pounded as he considered the implications of the eagle before him, and flinched at the monstrous screech.

If she paid his oddity no mind, and flew away to hunt, still several moments after she had gone he would stand there frozen, unsure if he should even risk moving a muscle. It ached something terrible though to stand there stiffly for so long, and at the worsening pain in his knees, he at last allow himself to hobble a few pace to lean again a tree. He looked to the sky all the while as he did, and his right hand now clutched the dagger he'd remembered to draw suddenly. It was a poor reassurance against the likes of mage's ilk, but was a reassurance never the less. That and having the tree over him now helped as long as he didn't think about her being up in the branches, that thought he pushed far out of his mind because the open ground didn't sound any better.

Besides, he would hear her right?

That change was rather silent though, and so perhaps she had magiks for that too which was throughly unsettling. Just to be sure, he switching from looking all around, to peering up through the branches while he considered what he should do. Staying here was definitely not an option, for she was certain to come back for her stuff, but could he really leave without her seeing him. For all he knew, she could be just above him, watching and waiting for him to make a move. Maybe she really did go hunting though, and if so couldn't he then?

How much time had passed?

Could be that she was on her way back right now, about to land just this moment to see him with his dagger out. He dropped his weapon at the thought, letting it tumble to the ground, and with his boot he scraped some snow over it. His hands were trembling too much he realized, and promptly tucked them under his arms while he continued his watch. Berend was breathing so loud he was sure she would hear him even if she was far off. It occurred to him that if he couldn't stay, then he needed to try to get away and not go meekly into her clutches. The idea wasn't very appealing, but what choice did he have.

A deep breath to muster his resolve, and he took off running. Not for any place in particular, just for civilization where his fellow man might protect him from this mage.

oocSo, after the (*******) is what would happen if you decide take flight. If you don't, then I figure we could count that part ignored
Berend
Something to prove

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Let em' soar!

Postby Jenna Wyne on January 30th, 2015, 9:49 pm

Animals always did seem to sense things from human's and this was no different. She shifted back the magic ball glowing and a naked human girl appeared falling against him and she would attempt to give him a hug. " What are you scared about. " She would ask, feeling bad for frighting the man so badly. She didn't understand why he was afraid, but she could sense it. It was clear as day to her and she was concerned.

Jenna paid no mind to her nakedness and would hope he would accept her hug. " What is wrong?" She would ask quickly as she tried to process it all. "I am a Kelvic... I I hope that isn't a problem." She said quietly and looking down biting her lip. She hated the fact that her own existance caused so much trouble. Her naked body would be apparent and she blushed as she looked at the shaken man. She hoped he wouldn't do something drastic.

It was terrible to think that someone would think less of her but Jenna was here to serve, she wanted to help him. She felt bad and well a hare was good right? She traded with them all the time. " I I I .. don't know what else to say.. this is what I am." She said still looking out of sorts, It was a shock to have this much of an effect on the man.

Though most had heard of her kind though hadn't they? I mean Jenna had grown up a slave so she thought everyone knew about her kind. She was forcibly educated and badly treated. So this was her chance at her own freedom. Jenna looked at him scared of his reaction, vulnerable.
Jenna Wyne
Player

Character sheet

Next