Greetings, and felicitations!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Merunir on February 19th, 2015, 2:04 pm

1. Name - or what you'd like to be called!
Name, name, what's in a name? There are a variety of things, but a few stand out as prime candidates: Wraeth (my main online name for the last decade or so) or Lex .... I think I'll go with Lex. It's easier. :D

2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?
Well, let's see.
I started my hardcore role playing back in '98-'99, in the AOHell chat rooms. Fantasy mostly, and lots of fun. Fast paced, fluid, dynamic interactions with others and their characters. During this time I did dabble in a forum based Colonial Marines group (Aliens.) I don't remember when I stopped with the AOL RP, but it kind of just ... dwindled away.

My time was spent more and more on PBEM's set in Star Trek. Most of this was with Tango Fleet (later to become Sixth Fleet) for nearly a decade; all ranks, all positions. I did a couple of stints with Bravo Fleet, but those didn't turn out well. I'm a fantastic XO, but I'm not CO material. Stand in and hold the fort down, sure. But don't ask me to be The Man. Alongside those two major Fleets were a sprinkling of indy ships. All lots of fun.

I even participated in a forum based Vampire: the Masquerade RP group, as well as a PBEM set in Star Wars, and another set in the Honor Harrington universe.

For the last 4-5 years I've been engaged in MMO RP: Star Trek Online used to be my primary venue, and I've done a spot with WOW, Champions Online, Aion, and CoX (City of Heroes/Villains, before they shut it down.) Mostly, though, it's Star Wars: the Old Republic, and Guild Wars 2.

Last, but not least, I've also participated in the forum based Star Army RP group - a completely home-grown group, like here!

3. How did you find us?
A friend directed me this way. We used to RP together in my Star Trek PBEM days.

4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?
Hmm, tough question. Anything that tells the story effectively! As seen in #2, I've done just about everything.

5. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?

There's so much stuff! It's almost an information overload, I don't know where to start sometimes! But it's all good, I find my stride and then I'm off!

~~~~~~~~
I'm still building my character, but I figured I'd at least let y'all have a peek. Merunir Coldforge Pitrus is an Isur, and unlike most of his race, I intend to start him off in Syliras. My intent is for him to work in a blacksmith shop out there for a spell while I get my feet under me. At the moment, that's all I have worked up, as I'm still fleshing out his personality and appearance.
Merunir
Player

Words: 9410
Joined roleplay: February 18th, 2015, 8:26 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ayviss on February 19th, 2015, 5:08 pm

Welcome! How you have lots of fun here!

Also, remember that any help you need, feel free to ask. Most people here will be more than happy to answer.
Ayviss
Tell me the secrets whispered in the night

Words: 77386
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2014, 11:50 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ball on February 19th, 2015, 5:33 pm

Welcome I tried the Star Army place... Or at least tried to get into it... I couldn't

But welcome!
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes