Something to draw (Kusuri)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Verduth on October 22nd, 2010, 4:33 am

43rd Day, Fall 510 A.V. - Late afternoon

Verduth had given up trying to get people's attention by shouting at them hours ago. It hadn't been working anyways but it didn't matter, he had an idea and since Keres and Jokor were out and about doing other things, he decided that today sounded like a great day to test his new idea.

Verduth stood on a crate along a wall. He stood, and he stood, and he stood. He did his best not to move one bit, which was difficult considering all the energy he had built up inside. He watched the people pass. He watched as they went about their business, apparently oblivious to his presence. He could listen in to conversation and arguments. He noticed things about people that he ordinarily wouldn't think to notice. The way that woman limped, the deep throaty laugh of that gentleman over there, the man who bumped into another and surreptitiously cut the little bag for the other's belt. It was all so fascinating! But that wasn't why he was standing so still. The little clay man was waiting for someone to notice him.

The disappointing part was that it didn't seem to be working. The day was getting late and the light was beginning to fade and his idea just wasn't working. There was something sad about that.

An idea struck him. Perhaps he'd been going about this all wrong. A grin appeared on his face.

"SWEET HARAMEUS! WHAT'S THAT!?"

Avatar by: Can't remember, trying to find it.

This character has been abandoned. Please consider any open threads with him to be finished. I'm sorry but I haven't found the time to finish them.
Verduth
The Littlest Ringmaster

Words: 27108
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 9:08 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet

Postby Kusuri on October 22nd, 2010, 5:06 am

After her strange encounter with Keres, the cat eating wonder, Kusuri spent the intire night drawing. Because of this she was tired, very tired. While walking through Sunberth in a daze Kusuri triped over her own feet five times, ran into three people, and was targeted by a group of thiefs.

"This is not my day." She colapsed on a bench about to fall asleep when someone shouted. As soon as she heard this her fatique was replaced by curiosity. Curiosity fuelled her as she ran toward the source of the noise, which was a barrel. Wait maybe it was that thing on top of it, which was a........... "Pycon!" She covered her mouth preventing further exciment from making any more noise. She then hid in the crowds observing the pycon in awe.

They were literaly living art. Kusuri could draw them for hours then they would move and then she could draw them AGAIN. The streets were getting a little to busy so Kusuri ducked into an ally, and peeked out to look at the pycon. "This is defently the best citty ever."
"Storms of flame and ash,
take all the colour away,
till I see nothing."
Kusuri
The Blossoming Artist

Words: 16846
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2010, 1:42 am
Location: On top of mount fudge watching all the ice cream melt
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Verduth on October 22nd, 2010, 11:38 am

His ploy had worked. The shout had attracted some attention, which in turn attracted more attention and he was soon surrounded by more people than he could fool. Nonetheless he kept up with his original plan for a period. He would watch the people and they would watch him. When as few were looking at him as possible, he'd suddenly change positions. This was quite the novelty at first. As he'd move, the ones paying attention would draw the attention of the others again and he'd continue to maintain is position while they discussed him.

A child came up out of no where and began to mimic him. He winked at the little one as he moved, bringing a burst of giggles before his mother managed to push through the crowd and drag him away with a scowl in the clay man's direction. Verduth wasn't sure why the woman looked so displeased.

Alas, the novelty wasn't as lasting as he hoped and soon the crowd began to disperse. The Pycon considered trying to maintain their interest by shifting his act but in the end decided against it. It was growing late and he should be returning to his group.

He allowed the last vestiges of an audience to disappear and finally began to move, brushing non-existent dirt from himself.

This character has been abandoned. Please consider any open threads with him to be finished. I'm sorry but I haven't found the time to finish them.
Verduth
The Littlest Ringmaster

Character sheet

Postby Kusuri on October 22nd, 2010, 6:13 pm

After awhile of searching the ally for charcoal, Kusuri finaly fond some. She heald it up above her head knowing that this would be the best drawing ever. Sadly she was still tired and yawned her vision was slightly blurred. This wouldn't stop her nothing can stop her from art! Again she peeked out at the Pycon. The crowd was gone, and it seems he would be leaving soon. Obviously he wouldn't mine staying for awhile so Kusuri could draw him. Making sure her hood covered her face she digged out her sketch book from her bag. She was going in for the sketch.

Kusuri stagered over in front of the Pycon and sat down infront of the crate. She started to sketch his outline. "The begining of art is simple yet it grows into the most wonderfull of things." She muttered to herself. Glancing up at him every few seconds while her hand flew around the page wildly. The lines slowly forming the details of him. As she finished the sketch she heald the book up next to him making sure it captured his image.

Satisfied she turned to a new page and begin to draw him again. She could sit there until she died of hunger. That's how focused she was on this drawing. This one was a close up of the Pycon's face. Something Kusuri needed to improve on was drawing faces. They are such a pain, Kusuri always forced herself to capture every aspect of her subject so she pushed herself to draw as much as she could. She chewed on her nail a little stumped, but begin to draw again shortly after.
till I see nothing."
Kusuri
The Blossoming Artist

Character sheet

Postby Verduth on October 23rd, 2010, 2:11 am

He had been ready to leave when suddenly a girl seemed to come from no where with a book in hand. It was quite startling but he supposed it didn't hurt to continue standing there, so he struck another pose as she muttered something to herself.

What a strange little creature she was. Though she was covered by a hood he could hear her voice and it was most definitely a female. He changed poses while her concentration was on the pad. What was she doing with all those wild hand movements. He was intensely curious.

When she held the pad up next to him, he took the opportunity to peek. She was drawing! She was drawing him! What a marvelous skill! He didn't think he looked quite right and for a moment wondered if his face had changed since he last looked. But on the other hand, she might still be learning her art. That was probably it. He really didn't think he could have changed that much.

She took the pad back and began drawing again. He gave her his best grin, holding it for her. After a little while he finally spoke to her.

"You have a marvelous skill my dear lady. Have you ever thought of putting it to use?"

Verduth
The Littlest Ringmaster

Character sheet

Postby Kusuri on October 23rd, 2010, 6:07 pm

His words broke through Kusuri's concentration leaving her in a small daze. Luckly she was only half way lost in thought so she could still hear him.

"Put them to use, how?"

She looked up at him as she finished her drawing that didn't come out as well as she hoped it would. She glared at her drawing very disapointed in it. Then again drawing faces were a pain, she put away her sketch book. Then yawned, she really shouldn't spend the whole night drawing buildings and random strangers she sees on the street. Next time she'll just hang out in an inn. Though she would probably spend all day on the roof of said inn.
till I see nothing."
Kusuri
The Blossoming Artist

Character sheet

Postby Verduth on October 24th, 2010, 4:26 pm

Verduth opened his mouth to respond and then realized that he wasn't exactly sure. What use did they really have for an artist right now? But that was just it, just cause they didn't need an artist at the moment, didn't mean they'd never need one! Surely they'd find a use for her!

"Well, I'm gathering a little troupe of performers. I have no doubt we will find a use for talents like yours! And," he smiled slyly at her, "there would be a LOT for you to draw, much more than just buildings and people on the streets. The whole world will be your inspiration with us!" He spread his arms wide in a grand gesture.

"What do you say my dear?"

Verduth
The Littlest Ringmaster

Character sheet

Postby Kusuri on October 24th, 2010, 10:50 pm

Obviously he didn't have a purpose for her skills yet, which made Kusuri doubt him but then he said she would have a LOT to draw. Before he even finished Kusuri's head was already filling with visions of different places she had traveled a lot, but never really out of this region. She stood up pushing back her hood then shouted probably a little to loudly.

"I would love to join! I could draw the world!" She was a little stuned by her own shout but then countinues smothly to say. "I mean I would be happy to join." Embarrassed by her earlier outburst she smiled nervously.
till I see nothing."
Kusuri
The Blossoming Artist

Character sheet