Awkward, Silly, and Serious Moments with Gale

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Aventis on December 27th, 2014, 3:46 am

Okay, you know what? I have been debating posting here because I thought if I didn't make the situation better I would make the situation worse, but you know what? I'm not being a good friend. Gale, you are my friend. Gods be damned, maybe one of my best, in Mizahar or otherwise and damn it, Gale, I love you like a brother. So as your brother, I'll tell you that you're just like the rest of us. We all fuck up, Gale. All of us. A lot. And every time we do it taxes us just a little bit more. But this is the decider, Gale. Good people? They're forgiven. They are forgiven because they are good people. Straightforward. Bad people are not. Also straightforward. Good people who make bad mistakes aren't forgiven, Gale. Not now not ever. Their mistakes aren't mistakes, they're travesties. There's a reason why people forget, Gale. They forgive. You're a good person. And goddamnit if you leave, then that will be a travesty. Don't leave us, Gale. Have a little faith in yourself. Please. I beg you.

Brotherly love,
Dylan

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Shameless self advertising. Feel free to make a request!

Aventis
Your brother in multiple arms

Words: 158586
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2014, 9:14 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on December 28th, 2014, 1:07 am

Aaaauuuugh! Why is it every time I write a really long post on Miz, Miz logs me off and when I hit post it erases the entire post? I really should just start writing in word and then copy and paste it here. It would save me so much time. Okay, to save you all the bore and drool that I had previously written, I'm going to just paraphrase what I said.

So, first, I just want to apologize who I may have worried with my post. Just like anyone else, when I get upset I don't think straight and I do stupid things. I took a break yesterday to try and clear my head and try to put things into perspective, not knowing what exactly I would come back to. To my surprise, I came back to you guys worrying, and I just want to apologize for that. It wasn't really appropriate of me to post all that, especially when I was upset, and it wasn't very fair of me to just stomp my feet in a tantrum and cause you guys to worry or be confused or anything else.

I was just really mad and upset with myself. That much is obvious, but I honestly and truthfully was furious with myself because yet again I was blind and ignorant to what exactly was going on around me.

I'm an encourager, in essences. My entire personality I feel is revolved around making sure that people feel loved, aren't stressed, have someone by their side, and generally not give up. It's not something I necisserily taught myself but it's just something that I do. I always finding myself being that shoulder that people cry on or that person that stands with the loners and all of that. I am also the living definition of the devil's advocate when it comes to bad people and people not liking someone. I grew up on the philosophy that everyone has good in them and that as long as someone has encouragement and a person to be their friend or love them that their selfishness or their greed or utter rudeness will eventually dissipate and they'll happier and others will be happier and that everyone will be happier.

And because of this, I often feel the need to be this person. To be this friend to the person that everyone hates or whatever. To set their 'differences' aside and just be their for them and such. But I often times find myself being slapped in the face because I am completely blind and can't see it coming. I help the trouble makers and I help the rude or selfish or lazy people always thinking that something good will come out of it. That I am doing the right thing. But then they get in trouble again or they get banned or even more people hate them, and I every time I feel like I had failed. That I wasn't strong enough or that I wasn't good enough to do anything about it, when really I just couldn't see what was happening.

When I talk to someone, especially when I'm being friendly or understanding, or whatever, I assume that the other person will do the same. If not because it's what right, then to simply be considerate. I always assume that people will treat me the way I treat them so if I treat them nice and kind and be encouraging then that will somehow rub off on them. But each and every time it feels like I did something wrong because they end up doing something and getting in trouble or banned.

And things like that really eat at me personally. Things like that really drag me down and honestly make me feel like less of a person. And it's not that I let them get in trouble that makes me feel that way either. That does hurt me a lot too, but what really gets me the most is that each and every time I realize that the person I was trying to be nice to and try to give them a friend or some encouragement simply just used me as their means of getting away with whatever they were doing.

I read Jen's latest scrap post and it really just confirmed what exactly was happening. Because I am a person that doesn't really care what people think, but cares about what they do. People can think or tell me they hate me all they want and I really wouldn't care besides just a natural caution for that person. But it's when they act on that thinking and decide to slap me or knock my books out of my hand is when I get made. Because I've always thought myself to be a person that stands up for myself. I almost always stand up for myself, especially in real life when people tell me I can't do this or they push me over or something. And it really hurts me to realize that I haven't been sticking up for myself. And it really hurts to realize that someone got away with it.

I don't want anyone to get in trouble or anything, but after reading Jen's scrapbook post, it just made me realize all the more that all I've been doing while trying to help these people and trying to be the bigger person and see the other side of things is letting those people just attack at me, however subtly, and me not doing a thing. And that really pisses me off.

I just came to realize this pattern that I've fallen into and to me it feels like I'm just letting people stomp all over me. The other day it felt like all the times people have used me in chat or in any other way just coming together and just exploding at once and I was just furious. I was bloody furious with myself thinking how could I have just let this happen and how could I have never learned from it. How come I can't just see what's really going on and all that jazz.

But I've had time to sorta cool off and just align things up so to speak, and with that poisonous people post, it all just kinda made me realize that I've learned a lot. I thought I knew how people worked before, and I thought that I understood why people did things and what I could do to understand more and all of that, but I didn't really know anything at all, but now I know more than I did and hopefully I can apply it to future situations and know when I should get involved and when I shouldn't. I think that's the biggest thing for me. I don't really know when to just drop things and when to leave a situation alone. But I think all this will help me with that in the future.

But anyway, Jen, you're response to that intervention was completely sound. You had every right to be upset considering I really had no place intervening you, seeing as it was a day late and seeing that I knew you had a lot on your plate and such. I panicked because I wasn't sure of what to do and that caused me not to think it through enough and I ended up making a mistake. It really should be me that's sorry about it, since it was my fault in the first place. And I am sorry about that, and I am even more sorry for making a big deal about it. I have a nasty habit of telling people everything that's happened to me and I hardly ever consider what exactly that does to the person I'm telling and the person I'm talking about. It probably only burdened then and I'm sure it did you no good and I'm really sorry for having done such. I honestly had no clue what things like that exactly did and I have no right just going about flaunting it like it was big deal.

It honestly isn't a big deal, and I'm sorry if I made it sound like such. Please don't worry about it anymore, because I honestly don't want it to affect you and make it so you can't do what you can or what you want to do. You deserve grades and gnosis' and everything else just as much, if not more so, than me or any other player in Mizahar, and if that's the main reason why you won't turn your threads in or anything, please don't worry about it anymore. It's not a burden either of us should carry anymore seeing as it's been over and done with a long time ago, so I really hope that we can push past that.

I also wanted to apologize real quick for talking about you in chat and in whispers and everything. It's not really my place to talk about anyone behind their back, especially you, but I just feel terrible when I let people just talk about someone and I do nothing. I talk and treat those situations as if I know you personally, and I don't by any means, and it's not my place at all to be talking for you or talking about you or anything. I'll try my best to refrain from continuing to do such, and I am sorry for doing it in the first place.

I'm also sincerely very, very sorry about the whole founder thing. I didn't see what she was saying clearly enough and I didn't really want to see it clearly enough, and I was just eager to learn, but I really should have realized what she was doing and stopped her. Again, I have no place discussing things like that with other people and it wasn't right of me to just let her go on and such. I thought I was learning something but really I was just letting her use me to make assumptions and accusations and such, I really hope you can forgive me for that. I really am sorry for it all and all the trouble it caused you,

But once again, sorry to all of you who may have worried or been concerned, I didn't mean to scare anyone. I just thought that I might take some advice that I always give people which is 'if it stresses you out then don't do it'. The thought ended up being written and posted.

All you guys are awesome. It truly means a lot that all of you would be concerned or were willing to write a few or more words of encouragement or advice, and there is no way in the world that I would just throw away all the friends and people I have here. And even if I was (which I won't), I wouldn't leave with such a crummy farewell. You guys are awesomely great and I'm sincerely thankful that I have friend like you all and that you guys are willing to be there for someone even when they obviously are overreacting.

I apologize that I ended up having great timing to post something that could have you guys worried on Christmas day and on the holidays, but I'm overly joyful that I met you all.

Thanks you guys and I hope you all have a great New Year''s Day. Don't get yourselves killed in an accident or anything while you're celebrating, you rambunctious lot you. Seriously. Be careful.

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Postby Sal Mander on December 28th, 2014, 8:22 pm

Concerning getting logged out when writing long ass replies, might I suggest the 'Preview' button? This little beauty has saved my bacon countless times, not so much because of having written long replies, but more so because I tend to take long enough with even the short ones. Even now, I started this particular post an hour ago, but was drawn away first by the screams of a child - he had somehow managed to fall off the couch and crack his head on the table - and secondly to switch the laundry. On both occasions the preview button was my friend, preserving what I had written and thus negating the need to start over.

Hope that helps and that your future posting woes can be a thing of the past :)
Last edited by Sal Mander on January 18th, 2015, 1:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sal Mander
Azenth

Words: 287206
Joined roleplay: January 14th, 2014, 1:40 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on December 28th, 2014, 10:04 pm

Yes, the preview button has saved me several times as well, Sal. XD However, usually it's when I hit the preview button is when it says that I'm logged out. I guess during my longer posts I don't hit it frequently enough since I usually hit preview after several paragraphs. But with longer posts, I usually wait until several more and I guess by then it's been a while so it logs me off. But hey, it helped me with this post. :D Thanks Sal. XD

So to pull away from little episode there, I'm going to post a small (very large) thing I've been saving for a time like this. Mainly to keep me from feeling too bad about it and stuff but also to make the scrap at least not all about videos and rants and stuff.

Alright, so for those of you who are keeping up with the band stuff, as just a quick check up after so long, yes, we are still doing it, however, we still are looking for a singer (since right now, it's me and I'm not the best in the world), so until we get an actual singer, we won't be officially deciding what our name is. However, so far, is seems that we agree on a few of the same ones, which is Ghosts Don't Sleep, Fabled Ruins, and Strike the Cover. For now, we said it will be Ghosts Don't Sleep, though we may or may not change it based on what our singer thinks if/when we do get a new singer. So, there's that. I also wanted to tell you guys that if anything important related to the band comes up, I'm going to post it as a blog! Yeah for me doing more blogs. So, if anything comes up, like we get a gig or any other big news, I'll be sure to let you guys know there. Other than that, just notes and stuff will stay here. If you guys ever have any questions or want to discuss something about the band or anything, I'm perfectly fine with that so feel free to post your questions or comments or whatever. So. ^_^ Gnarly.

Imagine Greater

For those who wonder about their character the way that I do, you probably eventually come to the thought of 'What if my character was like ________?' I'm sure it happens to a lot of us. What if our character was a girl/boy , what if they were naughty instead of nice, what if they were introverted instead of extroverted, ect. Well, I have a lot of pictures of Gale's model to help jog those moments for me, and I wanted to share a few of the more ridiculous ones. Not ridiculous for him but ridiculous in reference to Gale. Because like any model, there are some pretty ridiculous pictures of Oliver and then there are some that are actually really good. So I started to imagine what Gale would be like if he wasn't Gale. Like, if he had a different personality than he really does, and surprisingly enough, I found a lot of pictures of that matched what I imagine Gale looking like if he had said personalities that I would like to share with you. I was also hoping that you would either laugh with me or do this for yourself and imagine what your character would look like with a different personality. But yeah, if you just want to laugh at Gale's ridiculousness then that's fine too. But here they are!! (If you're doing this too, feel free to or take away personalities)

ALSO! PLEASE NOTE that I am not trying to offend anyone in anyway and I'm not making fun of anyone or anything (Besides Gale), so if you are offended by something that I've said or anything at all then just come talk to me and I'll remove whatever it is. Okay? Okay? Got it, let's move on!

Nerd

Nerd :
Look! I started with everyone's favourite laughing stock! Haha- No, not really. ANYWAY!

This is almost exactly how I imagined Gale if he was a complete nerd. I would have made Gale have glasses, having him slick his hair down, wear a vest or jacket, and nice looking pants. I don't know, that's just what I pictured him looking like.

If Gale was a nerd, he would most likely be a book worm. He would practically live in the University Library reading almost every book that was available. He probably would read them twice. He'd be a wonderful mathematician and would probably do random calculations for everything, even if there wasn't a purpose for doing so. He'd be the one you would go to if you needed to know something about a political figure because he'd be overly involved with politics, but would never run for a position. He'd be a typical nerd in the fact that he'd be shy, have wide vocabulary, and be extremely nervous around other people, especially woman. He would be allergic to pollen instead of cats and would likely have a pet cat to keep him company when he is home.

If Gale had this personality, he likely would have never taken interest in Hana, for he wouldn't be into any sort of art form and Hana would have no interest in math or books.He would also likely have not met Kendhl, for he takes no interest for the docks or sailors and wouldn't likely ever have been there to be slapped in the face by the otter kelvic in the first place. But even if he did meet her, he likely wouldn't appreciate her lack of personal space and willingness to talk. He would then avoid her at all costs and never would have bonded with her. He may or may not have met Ricky, though I having a feeling that if he did whether Gale would be friends with him or not would be completely up to how Ricky would respond to nerdom and geek talk and how he approaches Gale physically, seeing as Ricky is physically bigger than Gale in every way.

So basically, Gale's life would have been so much better if he was a nerd. Depending on your definition of better.

Mamma's Boy

Mamma Boy :
I know, I know, it's hard to believe that Gale isn't a Mamma's boy already. But he is not, so therefore, it only fits to include this as one of the personalities to make fun of Gale with.

If Gale was a Mamma's Boy, yes, Gale would wear knitted sweaters and hats and slide on railings. He wouldn't do anything with his hair besides put a hat over it (unless his mom or someone told him otherwise) and would basically be a little neat freak not wanting to get his clothes dirty so he wouldn't get in trouble. He'd wear light colour clothes like tan and beige and light greys and would basically just be beaten up by both sailors and University students.

As for personality, Gale would have a hard time saying no to basically anyone. Especially his elders and even more so, older woman. He would be super conscious about how he appears because most of the time, he wouldn't be wearing what he wants, he'd be wearing what his Mom o anyone else wants. Despite his attempts to not get in trouble, he'd like get in trouble with other kids or people who use his inability to say no against him. He would end up with the wrong crowd, though he wouldn't like it, but is forced to stick around because if his fear of getting the shyke beat out of him. Even though it happens all the time anyway. He'd be completely emotional and would probably cry even with the slightest of stories and would likely love flowers more than he does now.

I'd imagine that Gale would have gone mad and fall into a very deep depression once his mother died, but on the bright side, he probably would have met Hana because Gale is still his emotional, artistic self. Although, she wouldn't be attracted to him as much as she did because he can't say no and can't stand up for himself. They'd still be friends, however, and Gale would likely be the more emotional one in the relationship. He would probably still have met Ricky, though I think Ricky would likely just tell him to stick up for himself all the time and it probably just be an ordinary friendship. As in Ricky being his shoulder to cry on when things go bad.

Not sure if this is an improvement or not.

Professor/Tutor

Professor :

If Gale was a professor, I see him as being either a science or English( Common) teacher. I feel like he'd work with older students rather than youngens but I could see him teach kids. But really, I see him as being that one teacher that everyone hates. He'd make everything really hard and hate answering questions. Not to necisserily throw anyone under the bus but to save his energy for students who actually "have a chance" as he would put it. He be a terrible teacher for most students, especially ones he deems terrible students (which would be many), but he would be a semi-good teacher to those he deems good. Kinda that typical tough on the outside, good on the inside type guy.

He'd be a very formal person too. Not sure if you can see it in the picture but he'd wear glasses, he'd have several pairs of almost identical , formal shirts and pants and he always would talk as if he was teaching and use a lot of big words. He's generally be kinda a snob and look down his nose on a lot of people and his temper would be worse in a sense that it would be easier to tick him off but he wouldn't be violent or anything.

I have a feeling he would never have met Hana if he was like this, seeing as Hana is kinda a Hippi 'just love' kinda girl and likes guys who have her own interest. This particular Gale isn't either of those things, so even if they did meet, they wouldn't likely be on good terms. I don't think he would be on very good terms with Ricky either. If he had met Ricky, I'm sure he would just criticize his accent all day long and simply just be appalled by his lack of formality and all that jazz. He'd be a jerk, and I'm positive that he would have never met Kendhl in the first place either. He definitely wouldn't be fond of all the sweaty sailors and people who roam the docks and such so he would almost never be found there and thus, would have never met Kendhl. And much like everyone else, even if he did, he would hate her and her lack of competence in writing and all that.

So, I think he'd be worse off because he would be a terrible, terrible person.

Punk

Punk :

Okay, this one really gets me because this is, like, the exact opposite of Gale. If Gale were a punk or a bully, I have a feeling he'd be kinda like a Greaser. He doesn't necisserily look for trouble but if he senses even hint of it, he'd run towards it. He'd would always wear tough clothing, such a leather and all that and his hair would be unruly and just be everywhere. I guess that separates him from being a Greaser, but anyway, he'd have a 'pack' following him everywhere. He'd have a few friends he hangs out with all the time and it's rare to see him without at least one of them.

Gale would really be a smartical partical type punk too. He wouldn't just run into a fight, he'd take in what's going on and then make a decision accordingly. He chooses his enemies wisely and he could pretty much outsmart any of his pack companions. So he'd basically be the leader. He wouldn't be the one to boast unless someone brings the subject up and then he would be off and there would be no stopping him. I feel like his temper would be the same except that he be a lot more aggressive when angered because his entire posy would follow him into a fight. But I have a feeling that with this entire attitude about him, he'd end up meeting a Sunberthian or a group of Sunberthians and then get in big trouble with them and end up either being killed or put in jail or something. Or executed, depending on what he exactly does.

I'm sure he would meet Hana, seeing as he'd like chasing girls, but he wouldn't love her or be a friend or anything. If anything it would be very lustful and he would basically bully her in any way he could. So it would be extremely negative. I'm almost positive that he would meet Ricky, but more in a way to arrest or try and catch Gale rather than be a friend. It'd be a cops and robber kinda thing I feel like so neither one would like the other. Well, maybe Gale might like Ricky because he would like the chase, but he wouldn't be friends with him. I think he would meet Kenny because Gale would be everywhere, especially the docks, but if Kenny threw that fish at him then he would be pissed. He probably wouldn't catch her at that moment seeing as she could just turn into an otter and swim away, but Gale would make a point to teach her a lesson. So very negative. Lots of negative relationships.

I'm sure if Gale were a punk, he wouldn't last very long as a character, but even if he did, his life would be way worse. Not in his eyes, but in everyone else's eyes.

Hobo/Scavenger/Homeless

Scavenger :

This is actually a pretty interesting one to me because if it weren't for Ricky, I have a feeling that Gale actually would have ended up like this. But anyway-

If Gale were a scavenger in Zeltiva and grew up like this, he obviously wouldn't sleep inside the city. He'd live and sleep in a tree in the pass. He'd be a great climber because he would have to climb up to his "house" every day. He'd tie himself to the branch and trunk of the tree every night and his roof to protect him would be made of either discarded clothes or sheets or something that someone threw out. All of his other stuff would be in a hole in the ground near his tree, or in the tree itself. He may be dirt poor, but he'd have a lot of stuff.

Gale would be a collector of pretty much everything. He'd be a poor hoarder. He'd search through the trash and ask people for their old stuff all the time, keeping almost everything because everything has a more practical use to him. He may find something good, like a book or something, and he would treat it like it was treasure. He wouldn't really envy people who actually have a home or anything, but he would wish he had a job and dream about being able to have money and not dig through the trash and everything. But I think Gale would be a lot more generous of a person than he is. He'd be a lot more understanding and thankful for what he has and such and definitely wouldn't be as big of a hypocrite. He'd be more extroverted, I think too.

I think one is kinda funny because I actually think that he would meet all the people he knows and still have a positive relationship. Hana was generally a very generous person so if she ever saw him around she probably would offer what she could to help, like a miza or two or even food or something. Gale wouldn't abuse that relationship, but given Hana is that 'love everyone' type of person, they may strike up a conversation or two and end up becoming friends or something. Nothing like it is with current Gale, but they would be good friends. Actually, I don't know. Maybe if something special happened or something then maybe it could have lead up to something like that but that would be a very rare instance. He would have met Ricky, I'm sure, especially when Ricky lost him home and stuff, and I think Gale would end up trying to help Ricky by giving him some of his stuff or help him with whatever he could. I think Ricky may or may not have to kick Gale out once or twice, but other than that, I think they would still be good friends. As for Kendhl, I'm not sure. Gale would probably look for shellfish or shells or something to collect at the docks so I think they would meet, but as for their relationship, I don't know. I think they would hit it off as friends, seeing as Kenny doesn't necisserily need a home given she has her cave and everything, and she's sorta a scavenger too. Not in the way that Gale is, but I think both would be sociable and such and become friends. Whether they would bond or not, I don't know.

Player

Player :

This one gets me too because Gale is not a player on any means. But if he was, I feel like he'd end up wearing a lot of hats. I don't know why, but I think he would be a hat guy so he could give it to the girl to wear. He'd wear a jacket too, again, so he could give to the girl. He'd wear boots and probably have a generic necklace or two.

The thing about this one is that even if Gale was a player, I don't think he or anyone else would really categorize him as a player. He generally would be pretty nice and would be someone who can easily identify what someone wants or needs. He wouldn't be a Runari type person or anything, but he makes a point to know what someone needs. And because he can, he finds it fairly easily to get on girl's good sides. He wouldn't really use it against girls or anything, and he doesn't abuse them or anything like that. The reason why he would be a player is because he would have a hard time not switching between girls and thinking he's in love with two and such. So he may or may not make up an excuse to break up with the other girl so he can pursue his 'real love', only to find that there is another girl and then another girl.

I think he would end up romantically involved with Hana, but just like everyone else, she would likely end up being dumped because he just can't seem to stay in a long term relationship. He would be fine with Ricky, I think though. I'm sure he'd end up being friends with him but definitely not as they are now. And I think the same thing would happen to Kendhl as it did with Hana. He'd get involved with her and everything, but he would ultimately reject the bond and break the relationship.

Storyteller

Storyteller :

If Gale were a storyteller, I feel like he'd be a lot more compassionate and a lot more a kids person. Gale already adores kids but he would adore them even more, and I have a feeling that Gale would have ended up getting married and having a family already. Besides being a freelance storyteller, I feel like he'd be a fairly normal person. He'd just be a middle class man with a wife and kids and wear normal clothes and such. He wouldn't be anything fancy and I have a feeling he'd be really humble.

I think he'd be a lot nicer and humble because he would be really passionate about his stories. He may or may not believe them all, but he'd take the morals he teaches to heart, such as people can change, there is a lot more out there, the patient and the humble prosper, everything like that. So he'd try and take on all the values he talks about, at least tries, so I think he'd generally be way nicer and more understanding than he is now.

I think his relationships right now would generally be the same. I think he would have still fallen in love wit Hana yet she died, but I think he would get over it a lot quicker and end up getting married again. He would still be great friends with Ricky, I feel, and that he would get bonded to Kendhl and everything. I think the only difference in all that is that I think Gale never would have gone out in the Pass so Kendhl wouldn't have been killed. But other than that, I think it would be generally the same as it is now.

I think that's about it. I won't bother with anymore since I think that;s plenty. So, yeah, those are all Gale's from different dimensions I guess. So, yeah.

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on December 31st, 2014, 3:37 am

Deviant Art

Okay, so, people have been asking me about this for a long time, both on Mizahar and outside of Mizahar. Up until now I did not have a Deviant Art (DA) account, and I wasn't entirely interested in getting one. I like art and I like showing my art and such but I'm pretty selective with who can see my stuff so having an account where anyone and their dog can see my art didn't really appeal to me. But, I caved in recently and got an account and posted some stuff up.

For those who are interested, here's the page. There isn't much on it right now besides a lot of stuff from Mizahar and a few photographs I took so there is not much to look at but I just wanted to let you guys know that I've added a new rule to my Artistic Offerings thread. Whether you ask me in chat or whether you PM me, I'm probably, at some point, going to ask if it's alright if I can post whatever I come up with on my page. I know it's "my art" so to speak but I didn't want anyone to feel uncomfortable or be mad that I'm posting a picture of their character or whatever you ask me for on the page without their permission and all that.

But anyway, that's not what I really wanted to talk about, that was just kinda an announcement. What I really wanted to talk about was photoshop and humility.

So, I'm sure for anyone who knows me or pays any attention to me in chat when someone talks about needing something fixed in a picture would know that I love Photoshop. I just got my PS back (and it's the CS3 vs my older CS2) so I'm even more excited about edits and everything now than I already am. And, I'll admit it, usually when it comes to edits I'm usually on my high horse. I'm usually very proud of the edits I do for people and I get fairly upset when people don't use the and I enjoy it when people like the work and all that. I've always been super picky when it comes to other people's photo edits and such (and for some reason I find this particularly true for Akalak edits, even though those have always been difficult for me) and I've always thought I was pretty good and all of that but since I've made a Deviant Art account and I started poking around at some other photo manipulators and such, I've honestly come to realize that I kinda suck.

Not suck as in "all my stuff is terrible, boo hoo" but that I'm not nearly as good as I thought I was. I thought I was great. Like, really good. I think that's because I don't know very many photoshoppers so I don't get around to seeing a lot of really good stuff, but I thought I was terrific. Though I got around to this guys page and I was baffled. I mean, he's a professional so no duh it's good but his work is amazing, and here I was sitting here thinking that I was so great.

It really put a lot of things into perspective for me, especially of the Photoshop hierarchy and just how far one can go with photoshop. Because I thought I was great and at the top but now I realize that I'm not any where near the top. Just looking at some of the stuff that people do as professionals and do even as hobbyist just amazes me and made me realize that I can get even better than where I am now. I'm not the best or anything, definitely not, but at least I know where I could go and how far I could take it, and simply just viewing these picture really humbled me and my ability. I'm inspired yet I now know where not to cross the line with saying 'hey, ain't I great', and I'm really glad that I actually learned that. It was a slap to the face that I really needed, and pretty badly.

So, I guess all that's left to say really is that I'm really looking forward to pushing myself more. I've been revamping and starting to fill in all my stuff on my art thread thingy (which is linked in my Sig) and I'm really excited and looking forward to getting more requests. I've seen how far I've come by looking at old edits and I now have more sight on where exactly I am going so I'm pretty pumped up about it.

So, a shameless nudge I guess to those who are reading that I'm still offering to do some edits. Even if it's a simple eye colour or hair or if it's something elaborate like an Charoda, I'm more than happy to give it try and hopefully give you something that you'll like. Again, as I've learned, I'm not the best but I'm more than willing to give things a go so if you need anything I'll be here. :) After all, it'll only help us both, even if it's just a small way, so yeah. ^_^

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on February 11th, 2015, 12:54 am

So, I didn't really title this post because I really don't have any specific topic to talk about or anything besides just talking about feelings and "how was your day" type stuff. So, yeah. Not going to be long so, uuuh, yeah.

I guess today is just one of those days were you kinda just feel like you're only hindering people. Most people I know can deal with this or it doesn't last very long, but for me, I think I already mentioned this once or twice, this type of mood sticks with me for a while, actually. Because I'm an encourage type person. I'm very supportive of people and others and when I feel like I'm only making things worse it really hurts me.

As a quick side note, if you want to know how to make my day, telling me that I'm really supportive or that I'm helping blah blah blah will surely do that If you want to kill my day, tell me that I'm making things worse. That usually does the trick.

But anyway, I don't really know why I feel like I'm only hurting others, because I haven't exactly done anything bad recently. Well, not bad, but I'm terrible with words so I haven't done anything with people so that they can say that I did a bad job or something. I don't know if that makes any sense, but I guess it might be because haven't been able to help out? In the way I really want to?

Not necisserily on Miz, but I guess that could be it too (again, I don't really know), but IRL too. Like, my friends have been pretty distant, the teachers I usually help out haven't needed any help (or are simply gone because various reasons) , and generally just a lot of things I can't really control.

And I know that it's a good thing when people don't need help. I should know of all people since that's what I generally strive for. But I guess right now it's just one of those feelings you get when you completed a life long goal of yours and you're kinda just left with nothing.

I know that it won't stay this way for long but it still really bums me out beyond belief when I can't help someone do something.I just feel like a waste of space and energy when I can't help out, but I guess it has to come at some point.

So, I guess that's my day. Just kinda meh.

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on April 9th, 2015, 6:08 am

Senior Project
Heeeeeeeck yeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

My senior project is finally done! Heck yeah, it's done! Woohoo! Woohoo! Wooho! Dance with me guys! *dances all over the house* Oh my gosh, I can't even begin to express how happy I am to be done with this project. I can't express how much fun it was to do and just how purely ex tactic I am that it's finally done.

So I'm a Media student, right? So basically I had to do something with either photography or cinema/videography for my senior project, right? I basically had to just show I'm proficient in making videos or taking picture and such, right? So, I kinda got excited and kinda took that and ran and made a video dedicated to my all time favourite band Relient K asking them a question. If you want to know the question you'll have to watch the video but it would mean soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much to me you guys if you could like or share or do anything with my video. I mean, I don't care if I've never met you, or if you hate me, or hate the video or the band, or whether you think it's crazy or anything, I really couldn't care less. Because I'm proud of the video and I worked really hard on it. BUT!

BUT it would REALLY mean a lot if you guys could just get it out there. I'm already contacting them directly first thing tomorrow morning and such, but if you could like or share it or something, that would really be great because I think it might help if people did come up and support this idea. And even if you don't want to do it for that reason, then do it just because it's my first ever publicized video.I'm going to be doing more and such, of course, but it is my first one and it would really be cool if I had a little more of a congratulations sort of a thing then from my friends and family. Don't get me wrong, they are tooootally awesome, I love them all to death, but hey, I consider a lot of you guys friends too- yeah, okay, I'm rambling. I'm just going to show you the video.

So without further ado, my Senior Project!!

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Previous