Awkward, Silly, and Serious Moments with Gale

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on October 22nd, 2013, 4:47 am

Trivia

So, I remembered seeing some chat quotes on a Chat Trivia game where you would click on the random page and then you form a question from that page. Then of course, the first person who gets the answer right gets a point. This was the final tally, and as you can see, Kit whooped our sorry arsenals.

Kit: 4
Flyaway: 0.5
Kagaya Ona: 2
Gale: 2
Phyolea: 2

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on November 17th, 2013, 5:10 am

Inkblot Test Results

Alright, we were briefly discussing Inkblot tests in chat, I was given a link to an online inkblot test. I've never taken one before, So I decided to take it. After I got my result, it gave me the option to 'Retabulate Your Score', and every time I did, it would give me a completely different percentage and results. I don't know why, but I kept retabulating until I got 100%.

That's an A+ right?! RIGHT?!

Test Results

Sickness Quotient: 100%
WARNING: Your "Sickness Quotient" of 100% is very disturbing.

Detailed Diagnosis

Interpersonal Insights
You are utterly incapable of meaningful relationships, which is probably a good thing since you're a horrible bore under the best of conditions. You never give up and refuse to settle for less than the best. In other words, you're impossible to please and you never shutup.

Job Performance & Attitude
You aspire to becoming the CEO of a large, powerful company. This is unlikely since you rarely leave your parent's basement. Your work is of so little value they should just put a shredder in place of your Out basket

Personality Insight
Your personal motto is "If you can’t make them think, make them wonder." Trust us- you've succeeded beyond your wildest dreams.

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on December 16th, 2013, 2:36 am

My Photography

Hey guys! My dad was burning some paper and wood that we didn't need anymore and I decided to take some pictures of it while it lasted. These one are actually from my phone, but come next Tuesday, maybe later, after I develop the film, I'll post the couple of pictures I took with my K100. Anywho, I hope you like them!

One :

Two :

Three :

Four :

My personal Favourite :

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on January 3rd, 2014, 11:31 pm

Car Rides

Alright, I decided, since I'm sick and I have nothing better to do (besides post horrible writing and all the fun stuff) that I would chat a little bit about random things that has happen to me the other day while I was in the car.

But first, I must start from the beginning.

Firstly, I am sick. My entire family and I have been sick ever since Christmas Break started practically. I didn't have it as bad as the rest of my family come New Years, and we all thought I was over it when I went to my cousin's house New Year's Eve to spend the night there. (My parents went to my Godfather's place instead, since he too was sick). So, my cousin and I went to bed around 1:45ish because I suddenly got tired after lighting fireworks and stuff, and thus, we did. I got a horrible night's sleep for several reasons.

1) I was coughing all night and took me ages to actually sleep.

2) I was sleeping on a couch who's cushions kept slipping off.

3) My cousin decided it was best (since I 'took' the place where she sleep) that she would sleep with me on the couch. And thus, I had a face full of foot all night.

When I woke up the next morning, (in kinda a rush since we were leaving in half an hour to their grandmother's place), I hardly had any breakfast before we got in the car. But I wasn't hungry anyway so it was alright. We'd be eating as soon as we get there anyway.

So, we get in the car and started our 45 minute car trip.

Now, I think this was funny, for my Aunt told me that over the phone, Grandma said not to bring anyone who was sick. My cousin asked why and Aunt said because if someone get's sick at an old folks home they would die. I know, I know, it's cruel to laugh, but I did, and I did pretty hard.

Anyway, yes, that's where we were going. To their old folks home to have lunch and chat.

Now, I've always been one for car trips. I love riding in the car. I don't care if it's five minutes or 5 hours. I just love them. I'm not sure why though. I guess it's partially all the funny things I see on the road and partially I can think, listen to music, and space out without having to worry about doing anything important. But anywho, I did see a few funny things along the way there.

First off, I got a great idea for a vine. I laughed at myself for five clear minutes before I could tell anyone what I was laughing at. The Vine would go like this:

Corners in a neighborhood. *everyone in the back leans back and forth as they turn lots of corners*

Corners on a high way. *everyone slightly turns one way, briefly and then sits still.*

Now, I don't know why I found this funny, but I did. I guess, being the smallest in the family, I was always in the middle seat and when we played turns it was a nightmare for me.

But anyway, the next funny thing was when we WERE turning, we saw a huge flock of Canadian Geese sitting in the grass that the turn was going around. Which I didn't think anything of until my Aunt blurted,"I swear, we have those geese year round." And it's true. We have geese and birds year around. I see/hear geese around nearly every week. It's like they never migrate! Why don't they migrate?! I laughed pretty hard at that too.

Next, we were about half way done with the trip. We were at the 20 minute mark and we come across this car pulling along a horse trailer. There were two horses in this tiny thing, and we could tell, because one had it's nose sticking out the small window like thing that the trailers have, and the other (and no joke about this) flung it's tail out the window and shit out the window. Literally, it just took a dump out the window! Luckily it didn't land in the road or fling on our windshield, but it did land on the wheel cover things. The entire time all of us were laughing, I was just thinking of all the different ways the poor guys could react to finding it. My personal favourite would be them just scoffing and going ,"Again?!" mainly because of this guy on that particular video. (Subscribe to him by the way, he's an awesome storyteller. And that's the dirtiest video he has. All the other ones are just as funny but not about being in the bathroom >.> <.<)

Anyway, we were laughing so hard at this that my Aunt had to slow down the car. But we got over it and continued our way.

The last thing I thought was funny was all along the car trip, the whole 45 minute ride, I saw 7 Swift Semi Trucks. I know this, because I counted. That was the only type of Semi truck I saw all along the way. It was just Swift trucks. Although, the entire time, and I mean, the ENTIRE time, I was hoping, I was praying that a Taylor truck would come by and somehow, magically drive next to one of those Swift trucks.

It didn't happen, sadly, and I was extremely disappointed, but I laughed anyway because every time we saw that Swift truck, we pulled on 'We Are Never Getting Back Together" because we saw the picture above before and figured it would never happen again.

Aaaaaand, that's my story thing. I know it's random and whatever, but I'm sick, and I was bored, alright? XD

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on January 6th, 2014, 11:29 am

Dear Mizahar

I wasn't entirely sure where exactly to put this, but I decided that my Scrapbook was the best place. After all, ever scrapbook needs an unnecessarily long scrap about some serious topic or another (that's not about dead pets or annoying reminders). So, here it goes.

Dear players, staffers, and lovers of Mizahar,

I've been playing Mizahar ever since May of 2012. Come May of the new year, I would be playing and interacting on Mizahar for two years.

Over the past year or so, I have come across many, many, many different types of people, staff, characters, plots, ideas, dreams, and just about anything between. I've always been one for variety and diversity because I love it. I love it all. I adore listening to people's thoughts. I dream about people ranting on and on about this one idea they have, this one spark because they love it so much. I absolutely love when people talk about their moral, ethnical, and religious diversity. I love it when people talk all together, which is probably why I talk too much in the first place. To get other's talking. I love it when people pursue their passions, think outside the box, do something no average person would do, chase their dreams! It's what I live for.

I move on from day to day hearing, listening, watching, and making things like that. To hear a simple joke usually brightens my day, and a simple How Are You makes me feel like others care. I don't know if that's because I'm just some weird Oregon chick who laughs at Oregon's motto. I don't know if that has to do with why I'm here in general. But I do know that I love all that, and I love it with a obsessive passion.

I've been writing my own stories and creating my own ideas on paper ever since I was to comprehend the purpose of a book. And before that, I was outside living my ideas, being my creations and using my imagination. I was an average kid who loved getting dirty, however got a small side of Larping. As I grew older, of course, larping became less and less of a thing, for people frown upon swinging sticks around and breaking your brother's nose, however, I expressed my ideas, my creativity through writing instead. At first it was small, private sites I'd play with my friends, and then it turned to forums such as Mizahar. And aaaall along the way I continuously express my imagination, implanting, what I thought was, hope and pride and confidence into other. Spreading those ideas.

Now, when I came onto Mizahar, it was like a dream come true. I longed and yearned for a forum where you can have an original character start from scratch and build it' s way up to act and talk like a real person, to form their own story and personality. I longed for a place where I can plot with other's freely without being discriminated for my ideas. I yearned for a place where I can talk about my weird hobby of roleplaying and be understood, for most of my friends outgrew it all and no longer understand what the hell I say. I wanted to not only interact with people through PC's, I wanted to interact with people personally too.

I know it might sound stupid to go looking for people to talk to over the internet, but that's what I wanted. I wanted friends who understood what I was saying when I said OOC and CS. I wanted friends that I can talk about my character's with. After all, I'm a writer! I wanted to know people who wrote to. To help them move along with their writing goals and dreams and have them do the same for me.

And I found that here. I found it all here in Mizahar. I found in depth cities and lore, I found dedicated staff and specific areas for new players, I found a chat room where you can talk to people for heaven's sake, it was all right here. And I love it. I love the lore, I love the world, I love the creativity. I love Mizahar as a whole.

But what really makes it for me are you guys.

I can't count how many I wanted to just drop something here. Whether it was just a small plot, whether it was an entire character or lore article idea, or whether it was dropping Mizahar all together. I think about things like that all the time. However, despite my youth, I've managed to think things through and not do something that I would regret.

But I have to say that you guys have played a big part of my life, you really have. And don't you dare take me lightly on that. I've gotten to know more people better here than I have in all my life. I have a very small group of friends that I know well out side of Mizahar, but Mizahar makes me feel special. Mizahar makes me feel valuable. Wanted in some way. I know that might sound selfish at first, but I really mean it when I say that sometimes I don't feel so special. I don't feel valuable in any way. I don't feel wanted or important. Everyone gets that way sometimes, I suppose, but sometimes people never get out of that hole of feeling that way. I still feel that way sometimes, and even feel that way right now while righting this part, however, you guys somehow manage to pull me through. I go into chat and you make my day. I ask a question and you guys treat me with respect. I give my opinion or and idea you guys handle it with love, and I whole heartedly appreciate it, and don't think for a second that I don't. Because to me, those small things matter. Those things matter to me. They matter.

I get discouraged by even the smallest thing. If someone ignores a whisper I sent them with a question or just to talk it hurts. I understand that they went afk or didn't have time, and I respect that, but it hurts. And it hurts when I'm wrong. When someone steps on my foot and shoves me down the stairs. I know I'm not perfect and I know that I certainly can't be right about everything, but when I get in trouble or when someone else gets in trouble for something wrong, it hurts me. It hurts me deep inside, even though I try not to let it get to me. And when it hurts, I'm a sore loser. I'm a pouter and a whiner, I admit it. I throw fits and I complain and ramble.

But you know what? Mizahar has always taken it. And by Mizahar, I mean you. You the players. You people who go into chat and just talk and discuss things. You people who interact on those silly topic boards like what it would be like if your character was your roommate. You people who go out and answer questions, guide people, respond to pointless scrapbook posts. You guys are what takes it all from me.

I've gotten to know some pretty spectacular, gnarly, amazing people here, even when I thought that all people over the internet are jerks, heartless, or brainwashed zombies. I've learned first hand what it means to have a friend. A friend who even though they never seen you, never shaken your hand, never skyped or aimed or whatever, still care for me. Now I don't care who you are, or where your from, or what you've done with your life or whatever, as soon as you start caring for others, start caring for me and how I feel and what I'm doing despite whether I whine, or I brag, or I ramble, or whether I am some mysterious person half way across the world, you are my friend. And I hope that you guys can call me a friend too.

I'm probably going to be calling out some specific people so if you don't want me to talk about you or whatever then just let me know and I'll delete that part or whatever.

Collin:

I know you already know how I feel about you and how much I appreciate all that you've done for me, but I'd like to say it once more, because one can never say thank you enough. I am deeply, deeply thankful that I have the opportunity to be able to speak and to write with such a man as yourself who goes out of his way time after time to help encourage us poor lonely souls to keep writing and to keep creating epic stories and whatever else you stand for. Even when I'm old and grey, I'll look back in my life and remember the people that I've met like you, and have hope for the future, despite how stupid the next generation is turning out to be.

Jen:

I'm sure you get loads of shit each day from both real life and from your own creation. I can only pray that my word can somehow lift your spirits in some way or another so that your day can be just that much better.

Ever since I have started my account here on Mizahar, people have constantly whined, nagged, and talked about how much you were the bad to the bone girl on staff. Me being me, I was deathly terrified of you, as I probably should have.

However, the more I saw you post, the more I see you in chat the more I understand you as a person. The more I understand that you're not some evil Ban hammer ready to pin point all my mistakes and flaws with a laser pointer. You've always treated me with sheer kindness unlike many other, and I can't express the amount of gratitude I have for you for being so patient and so kind to me, even with my stupidity and arrogance. It means a lot on a personal level, though I am unsure of how to express this through words besides this.

You aren't the bad guy Jen. Even if people piss in your face and scream at you telling you so, you aren't. You are wonderful woman who is simply protecting what is rightfully yours and making sure that others are enjoying what you and the other founders created. You, Jen, make someone's life brighter everyday, even if you feel like your the bad guy for correcting someone or booting them off the site. Even if that someone is just me, keep doing what you're doing Jen. Keep making people's lives that much better through your job as a mod, for I guarantee that you will be rewarded with love and kindess, which I believe Mizahar needs to give you more off.

If there is anything I can do as a PC, as a person, or even staff if I get there, let me know and I won't hesitate to do what I can, because I consider you a good friend, even if you don't feel the same way towards me. I am truly honoured to have been able to meet you and to be able to be apart of your life, even if in such a miniscule way, such as being apart of your wonderful fantasy world.

Ireth:

I'm sorry that all you hear from me is my whining, complaining, and rambling, but you have no idea how much it means to me that you sit there and take it all with a grain of salt. I could complain to you all day and night and you'd be there with an open mind and with ears to listen. I'm not sure if there is a way for me to repay all that you've done for me, for it is quite a lot, however, I will say thank you for being there for me when I need an extra hand. I'm glad I had the chance go meet you and have the chance to get to know you. You are an amazing young woman and a blessing to everyone you meet, and I hope you realize that. If you don't then you need to open your eyes, for I'm sure the proof is all around you. Thanks again for all that you've done for me. I won't easily forget it.

Zach:

I know I hadn't talked to you much other than about plots or just some random pathetic questions, but I want to let you know that you really are a hard working, respectable young man that I am unsure of how I convinced you to become my friend. All I've done is drag you behind in your plans and give you lots of unfinished threads and loads of apologies and empty promises, but you act like you have no care in the world, which I know is certainly not true. It is beyond my comprehension how I've managed not to scare you off, but I'd like to thank you now for not giving up on me. I've never asked for your encouragement or your advice, but you give it freely, in which I am more than happy to take with me and my selfishness. I look forward to getting to know you even better and growing into even better friends, and I can only hope you would feel the same towards me.

Chat:

Alright all you chatters, listen up. Don't think for a moment that I don't notice your slightly humorous jokes, your subtle questions of how I am, or even all those random snuggles. You guys make my day every single day, even when I'm having a bad one. And although each of you may not have done something as personal to help me along from day to day, the fact that you guys make me smile is enough to lighten my spirits. For that, I say thank you.

Mizahar:

Although I don't know a vast majority of you on any sort of personal level, I would like to thank you all anyway for being apart of the community that has ever so changed my life. And yes, I do mean changed my life. My life would be so much different without Mizahar, and Mizahar wouldn't be anything without out. You PC's and Mods, you players and lurkers, all you rpers and larpers and writers, you volunteers, you imaginative, unique, and special people. I thank you for being the best that you could be so that Mizahar can be the best that it can be, and in such show me that I can be the best that I can be.

Cheers to all of you who make my life a little bit more hopeful.

~ McPainty

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on January 27th, 2014, 5:22 am

Character Quizzes
So, I took a few quizzes on Zimbo.com to see what Gale (and I) was on all of these, and decided that I would share with you what he got on said quizzes and what I think about them. So, here we go.

Tolkein Fantasy Character:

Gale:
Yes, Gale is a Hobbit. Although I'm not entirely sure about the food portion, I can see everything else being on the dot... Given that in most situations where he ends up in a fight he managed to squeeze a victory out of it by poking their eyes out or using his eating knife... Anyway, Besides having really really hairy and calloused feet, it seems perfect... Even being short (Compared to all of you 6'0 + Mizaharians) is also spot on.

Me:
I'm apparently Gandalf. And to be honest, I'm kinda all around the board with these "Elf, Dwarf, Human" stuff. Sometimes I'd think I'd rather be really cool if I used a bow, sometimes I think I'd be awesome with a sword, other times I wish I controlled fire. But on this particular occasion, I guess fire overruled.

As for intelligence, yes, I do value it, however, I don't exactly see myself in a huge power position (leadership roles really). I like staying behind the scenes and such. So, yeah. Go Wizards.

Big Bang Theory Characters:

Gale:
Oh dear, where to start with this. Um, I laughed. I laughed pretty dang hard. And to be honest, I'm not sure whether it was because I was expecting Howard or something else ridiculous, or the fact that Penny is the only person in the group with Blonde hair like Gale.

But as for her personality, Gale is argumentative and can be easily offended, such as Penny at times. Yet again, she thinks her friends are weird and can't really keep up with them, such as Gale can't. (Maybe it's because he has a hard time keeping friends? XD) But that's based off the show.

The picture... Given the amount of times all of you guys have called Gale Pretty Boy and such, I can't argue with him being pretty. And Popular? I don't know what to think on that. He may dream big (if dreaming that someone won't die in his life for a few seasons and starting a family is dreaming big) though I would DEFINITELY like to argue against not letting little things get in his way. Because little things to him, is someone dying, because little things don't happen to him. And with those things happening, he melts down and loses it, so, there's that. Despite that, Gale does have a big heart and does devote passion to what he considers good, such as his work and his family and friends, so I'm kinda on the line about Gale being Penny. Your thoughts? XD

Me:
I'm not sure what I was expecting out of this one. People consider me smart (given the people I hang out with), other's say I'm awkward, some say I'm crazy, and someone whackos even say I'm completely normal. So, really, I was thinking I could be anywhere from Bernadette, to Amy, to Lenard, to Howard, even. However, I'm sure that any of the characters would have surprised me anyway.

Given that, Raj still surprised me. I probably wouldn't have associated myself with him based off the show itself, but the description with the picture kinda makes me believe I am Rajesh. But like anything, my mood fluctuates so really, I believe I could be any of the Big Bang gang on an given day.

Star Wars Characters:

Gale:
No. Just no.

Me:
What? Seriously? I thought I'd at LEAST be Jar Jar or Anikin, or someone. Leia? Really?

*sigh* I think I might have to deal with my least favourite character in teh entire series though, for that description is Pin Point accurate... *dramatic sigh*

Harry Potter Characters:

Gale:
Okay, I don't know much about Harry Potter. I've never read the books, and I've only watched a portion of the movies. Yet, for some reason, I figured I'd know enough to know who they'd have in the quiz. I was wrong. I have NO clue who this person is.

Nevertheless, based off the description, I could see it vaguely fitting Gale. Mizahar WOULD be a little less interesting without him ( Then again, that goes for every single character in Mizahar, so I can't really say that anyway) Gale is quirky, and he highly values his friends, though his opinion on what other people think varies. So, in general, I guess it would be an alright fit.

Me:
Still don't know who that is.

Anyway, I was kinda curious about whether I would get her as well, for at my school, I'm definitely the weirdo, class clown, creative person. I'm a mesh of all traits so to speak, and in my group of friends, I'm definitely the one that makes it interesting (looks wise at least. *hides white hair*) Though, my group of friends is generally crazy and quirky. Um, I do think that the school would be different without me, for I'm a part of my schools Procrastinating class, so I bring news to the school, I also do photography, I'm in year book, and I'm apart of JagCrew (a club where you help out freshman at the beginning of the year and such) so, yeah. There's that.

Hunger Games Characters:

Gale:
At first thought, I never would have guessed Gale asKatniss. (Probably because everyone IRL says Gale is like Gale. Not to mention they think that's where I got the name) But surprising enough, that's right on the dot. Gale's family and friends mean everything to him, though he's not a very... social guy.

Me:
Um, not really? I'm in no way in introvert, though I do like nature. Invisibility is cool and all but I'd much rather have the ability to stretch.

I HAD TO!

Disney Princess

Gale:
Once again with the blonde. Okay, Cinderella would have been my last guess, though it actually kinda fits. Besides letting nothing stop him, really. He does need some help from his friends *cough cough* Ricky*cough cough* yet he manages to keep them. Despite his whining and groaning.

Me:
Alright, alright, don't you judge me, but I've never seen Mulan, or Pocahontas. I don't own the movies and the storyline and such don't really interest me so I've never got around to watching it. No, it's not because I don't like Chinese or Native American people or whatever, so don't even start thinking that. Just... The commercials on all the tapes we have at home just kinda ruined it for me.

Anyway, back on topic. I guess it works. I'm not pretty persona nd I would much rather be comfortable then pretteid up. I am determined and often times self motivated, though time does slip away from me sometimes and that thing called life takes over. So yeah. I don't know. Kinda a yes and a no for me.

Your guys's thoughts on the Gale side of these at all? I'd love to hear what you all think of his results.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Abstract on January 27th, 2014, 2:02 pm

Some of these made sense, some of them... less so. Gale... Penny? What? But the Luna Lovegood really fit... she's sort of odd, though with reason, empathetic, and really quite friendly... one of my favorite characters, actually.

I'm trying this in my own scrap, for the fun of it :)
Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)

Postby Wanda Endust on January 27th, 2014, 9:34 pm

For the record, I absolutely LOVE personality tests. Even little ones like these. I can't even list how many I had to take before I got a clear picture of Wanda in my head! I'm so copying this.
Wanda Endust
Searching for purpose.

Words: 178647
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2013, 6:10 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on February 2nd, 2014, 9:00 am

Haha! I always thought tests pike these were fun, whether they were accurate or not , so I'm glad I'm not the only one! Haha!!
Last edited by Gale Austin McCenry on February 3rd, 2014, 12:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on February 3rd, 2014, 12:32 am

Okay then. *cough cough*.... Now that my freak out is over... Next topic!!

Bap Lip Reading

I friggin love these things. So, I'm going to share some with you guys! Enjoy!

Hunger Games: Because I can't laugh any harder at Gale and Katniss.

The Walking Dead: Because they actually look like they're saying these things.

The Amtrix: Because I've never seen the movie and thought you guys would laugh.

Harru Potter: Because of the first lip reading.

Twilight: Just for the sake of making fun of twilight!

Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext