Closed The Gifted and the Fast

Welcome to Sunberth! Oh look you have just been robbed. (S'Essy).

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

The Gifted and the Fast

Postby Eleazar Victor Syroin on December 10th, 2014, 8:06 pm

He hadn't been expecting her to have a sense of humour, most people didn't have the best attitude towards someone who had just attempted to rob them. It was a nice change, something he found himself relaxing into as they walked. Listening carefully to her story as he guided them through the crowds, he pondered over the details. Mura, he had never heard of it then again he barely knew anywhere beyond the city; only Zeltiva, Sahova and a Sy-something place. Either way it seemed that this island of Mura, home of the ghost like people, was a long way away from here. She must have travelled quite a bit; no wonder she had been to exciting places and even rescued a pri-

“Wait, Ya seriously rescued a Prince!? Ay was jokin' aboot 'at. Ha ha, 'at's incredible ghostie! And no need ta worry, Ay always be'ave miself.”

Smiling at her with the last part, he soon realised they were close to their destination. The blonde seemed instantly happier at this, he however felt a little nervous. They were on the very outskirts of town, on the very outskirts of where he knew and it didn't feel right. Shifting those thoughts to the back of his mind when the promised coins were handed over, the thief was pretty much ready to turn around and start walking when the blondie called out after him. Following her orders, Eleazar ventured further into unfamiliar territory. He was then left alone as the ghostie went to get something, he hoped it wasn't the previously mentioned prince.

Clutching his elbow as he waited, the teen couldn't have looked more out of place. Where had that blonde gotten to? As though summoning her with his mind she reappeared, having lost her bag and cloak on the way. Relieved he instant felt off balance again when she claimed to know a way to 'brighten his day'. Confused pink immediately decorated his cheeks when she explained herself. A bath!??! With her!? B-But they had barely even met and who would do that with someone who had tried to rob him and he wasn't even that attractive and he was probably thinking about this in entirely the wrong way and he should probably consider breathing again before his face went from pink to purple. Suddenly remembering how his lungs functioned, the thief barely stuttered out a 'S-Sure.' before following the blonde like a very embarrassed puppy.
14/14
Fast feet and an unsound mind make a man fly.
Eleazar Victor Syroin
Ownership is a matter of Opinion

Words: 154090
Joined roleplay: December 24th, 2013, 11:13 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

The Gifted and the Fast

Postby S'Essy on February 24th, 2015, 12:40 pm

S'Essy just sighed when she saw his face's expression about her offer. He got all embarrassed and surely got the wrong idea. She should have known better than that. Asking a random thief who just robbed you to get a bath, who wouldn't misunderstand that. Another sigh and shook her head. Surely if Markus would be there, geez how will she explain this to him when he arrives. Should she even tell him? He had quite the temper sometimes. She didn't know.

Her voice was a bit irritated. "C'mon darling, I didn't invite you for a date. I'm a healer, trust me when I say I have seen many men and women naked." She had paid 5 silver mizas for a private bath. The Konti found it better to not join him with the bath, only stay out of the pool. She didn't trust him THAT much. "Don't worry, I can behave, I won't jump at you, pretty face." She said to him.

She showed a mischievous smile this time however. She shouldn't mess with him, but he robbed her. She forgave him but that didn't mean she can't enjoy herself a bit. They finally arrived to their private bath, where she goes everyday to enjoy herself with her lover. Nice, warm and relaxing. Was she really crazy and naive? She was there with a thief, alone... Could she trust him?

These thoughts just came up every time but she ignored them. She was trusting her senses. She sat down near the pool, pulling her clothes off and letting her legs into the water. She looked up at him."So... what are you waiting for? Enjoy yourself, clean yourself, swim. Don't worry you can't drown... or if so, I can help. Hurry, hurry" Then she turned back at the pool and closed her eyes.

OOC-5 SM for private bath
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Words: 267181
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 6:16 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

The Gifted and the Fast

Postby Eleazar Victor Syroin on March 26th, 2015, 5:25 am

If the thief had thought his face couldn't have gotten any redder than it already was, he was wrong. Practically scarlet as the blonde explained herself further, Eleazar kinda wished the ground would just swallow him up there and then. Of course that hadn't been what she meant, who was he kidding, compared to this prince that she claimed to have he was nothing. She had probably just felt sorry for him or something, that or had gotten sick of the sight of mud clinging to his skin. Staring at the backs of her feet, the thief followed onwards, ears shoved down to met his shoulders. He stopped when the sudden voice and accompanying smile of the blonde startled him. Pretty face? Jaw twitching as he mental processed the nickname, as the konti set about paying for their bath.

Money was exchanged and they soon arrived at a pool, secluded from the others. Nervous beyond explanation, Eleazar couldn't find it in him to stop checking over his shoulders the entire trip there, nearly falling forward into the water with his negligence. Back over a few steps from the edge, Eleazar knelt down next to the pool. A quick run of his fingers through the waters, leaving them warmer and a more dilute shade of mud than before. Amused by this fact, he choose to stare at the result for a few ticks until the blonde voice once again sent him reeling away into a state of alertness. Oh. Oh right. Yes. Of course. Bath time right so getting unchanged, yes? And not drowning, definitely no drowning.

Tugging his boot off, it was placed carefully on the ground, where it promptly fell over on to it's side. The other one was given the same treatment but instead choose to stay standing. Next was his coat, folded thrice and dump next to his boots as the thief battled with his shirt. Emerging from it victorious gave him the wonderful sight of Ghostie's naked back, immediate sending his entire body to face the nearest wall with a squeak. R-Right. Oh dear, dearie, dear. Getting his trousers off, he quickly found the edge of the pool and gracelessly tripped into the warm water. Panicking, Eleazar flailed briefly before realising he had already reached the bottom of the pool four foot deep pool. This didn't stop him latching onto the side of the pool like a limpet the moment he resurfaced, coughing violently from his little accident.Eventually finished drawing air into his lungs after a few long chimes, the thief set about washing himself, keeping his back to the blonde the entire time.

“So, erm, w-what are 'e other places ya been ta like? Ay mean, ay've never been outside o' Ole Berth so, Ay'm a bit curious. Are 'ey a lot like Berth or very different?”
14/14
Eleazar Victor Syroin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

The Gifted and the Fast

Postby S'Essy on May 11th, 2015, 3:52 pm

He was so shy, it was amusing for her. She was just shaking her head and was giggling. Surely he wasn't really costumed into that. How would he anyway? In this city... everyone were taking care of themselves. So weird, something she didn't really get used to. No laws, no rules, they made their own. It was truly a god forsaken place for her. No wonder a healer couldn't be found. They were too sensitive, they didn't stand a chance and they were paranoid of magic, which didn't really help either.

Then she couldn't help and let out a laugh, when saw Eleazar's panicking face as he entered the pool. "Oh dearie mine... Sorry but.." She was laughing much before she could stop. Poor man, the healer was so angry at him first and now she was just laughing at him. She felt bad though, she shouldn't laugh at him but it was just an innocent one. Poor thing, she was wondering how often could he have a bath? It's a miracle he wasn't sick right now. Terrible, terrible conditions here. Did he even have a home?

She was pondering about also if she should tell this about to her lover. Markus would really get upset about it. But she also promised him she would be honest with him and tell everything. Maybe... maybe she just won't mention this, her temper was better than his and she wouldn't lie either if she just wouldn't tell. Ugh tricky. She hated that but he followed his gods and goddesses and she did the same. She was a Healer of Rak'keli and this man needed help. Lots of it. And if it meant to give him a bath then so be it.

His question snapped out her from daydreaming and brought her mind back to him. She was looking at him, blinking. Such terrible accent, she needed a chime to even understand what he asked. Even her Common was better than this. "Absolutely not! Not one is like Sunberth. Mura, my home island, it's full of my race, the Konti. And we care about each other, we help each other, there is no violence or stealing from each other. Can you imagine that you feel somebody's need or want or pain just by looking at her? Mura is like that."

She was looking at him seriously. How would he know? That was a silly question. "I have also been in Syliras, there are laws and order. No chaos. Riverfall, the Akalaks rule there mostly. You wouldn't dare to be nasty there or the big dark skinned men would take care of you. And Zeltiva, I don't know it much, it looks friendly and nice.. despite ... never mind." She didn't want to remember that wizard accident at all.
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Words: 267181
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 6:16 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

The Gifted and the Fast

Postby Eleazar Victor Syroin on May 28th, 2016, 4:16 pm

The woman was laughing at him. Now with a new reason not to look her way, the thief desperately tried to wash the pout he was hiding off his face. He instead managed to wash some of the mud off, making the water around him faintly change colour. Focusing on de-earthing his arms, the thief was careful as his fingers passed over fresh bruises and old scars alike. Cupping the water in two hands, the brought it to his face quickly letting it splash against his features. Rubbing at his cheekbones to get the worse of the grime off, Eleazar raised his head when he heard the lady answer his question.

Frowning at her tone as well as her words, he listened carefully as she described her home, 'Mura'. The image of a cold wet lump of rock in the centre of vast grey sea came to mind with about half a dozen other ghost like figures wandering about on it. Realistically it probably wasn't like that but it's the image Eleazar most associated with islands. Probably given to him by the drunk tales of sailors being seduced by fish monsters. Though given by what he'd seen in Stumble alley they hadn't all been stories. Shaking the scene from his head, he felt eyes on him and felt an involuntary shudder work through his body. Feeling other people's pain? Their wants? Their needs? Did she seriously think that was a good idea? He could barely keep a hold on his wants, needs and suffering, let alone someone else's.

“Don't sound all 'at pleasant if ya ask mi, Lady. Not everybody wants pleasant 'in's so Ay'd rather not know, ef et's all 'e same to you.”

Looking down, his hands stilled their actions as the 'Konti' continued to talk about her travels. He sneered at the description of Syliras. 'No Chaos'? Bullshyke. People were chaos, a city without chaos was a city without people. Or maybe the 'law and order' there had robbed the people of their free will. Either way he didn't like the sound of the city. Resuming the task of cleaning his shoulders, Eleazar froze once again as she continued. Big dark skinned men? Like big blue dark skinned men? Like the big blue skinned men that occasionally got hired as guards. Those guys were called Akalaks? There was a city full of them? Well hang him like a dead man, there was a city he was never going near if his life depended on it. Shuddering at the very thought of it, Eleazar once again splashed his face with water. The last one she mentioned was a city he had actually heard of, Zeltiva.

“Zeltiva 'at sailor city, right? Lots o' 'e folks doon by 'e dock know about et. Most o' 'e folks 'at say 'eir from 'ere speak funny. Not 'ow you speak funny but a different type o' funny, ya know. Don't know aboot friendly though. A girl from 'ere broke mi nose once, gave mi a nasty scar too.”

Crouching in the water using the wall for support, Eleazar started cupping the water up to properly clean through his hair. Ducking under the water, the thief rose and shock his head, gently rubbing the water out of his lashes. His hair now unhindered by dirt had bounced back into it's natural dark curls then clung to Eleazar's forehead till he brushed them out the way. A few awkward ticks passed before the 'berthian realised he should probably continue the conversation or be doomed to clean himself in the silence.

“Erm... So.. um...From 'e sounds o' et, you don't like Sunberth 'at much. Makes mi wonder why ya came 'ere anyway? Et's not really a place ya can relax much. Ay mean unless you wanna relax in a grave. Did ya come 'ere fer 'at 'ealer stuff you were on aboot before? 'Anks for 'at by 'e way. A-and 'e bath too!”
14/14
Eleazar Victor Syroin

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Previous