[Flashback] Shooting, with a side of Friendship (Closed)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Fenilen on October 22nd, 2010, 11:01 pm

He had the advantage still! She had hurt herself in her dodge. He had to press, press, press, press! Give her no chance to recover! Press until he won! Just keep her off balance! The sword returned to a level stance for only a brief moment, before committing to a horizontal slash, this one directed to sweep the legs out from beneath his foe. The idea behind the strike was to knock her flat on her back, and then position the sheathed blade over her neck. Victory was close! He could taste it, he could feel it. Soon, he would win.

This internal thought process was so intense it was apparent on his face. Silent determination decorated his posture and his expression, beads of sweat running across his face and down his bare chest. The quiet, awkward man had become dedicated, passionate about his actions. It was a frightening transformation.
Fenilen
Give Me Your Warmth!

Words: 144782
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2010, 3:04 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sairque on October 22nd, 2010, 11:54 pm

It wasn't exactly a mortal wound here, just a thin scratch that was producing little bubbles of blood. The low swipe came in, it was unexpected. She had just got her stance back in place, defenses up when he started. It was low. For some reason she thought it was a great idea to try and jump over the sword, her one leg made it over, but the sword caught her other leg, and the hit pushed her jump off balance, and she was flying toward Fen, falling over, tangled in the sword, hitting Fen in the chest now...all awkward and bumbly. She did have the presence of mind to drop the pink fluff before she impaled Fen with it as she flew into him.

Funny how he got graceful and she got awkward.
"Oneday I wished upon a star
And woke up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me."
Sairque
It's so empty in here

Words: 424341
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2010, 12:15 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Fenilen on October 23rd, 2010, 12:21 am

Oof! The man was, for the second time in less than thirty minutes, sent tumbling across the grass. Fortunate for him, both of these times had been with women, so he supposed they weren't *that* bad. The pair went, as mentioned before, tumbling across the grass. Fenilen's sword went flying from his grasp as they tumbled and rolled together, eventually coming to a stop, with Fenilen and Sairque side by side.

Fenilen smiled slightly. He had won! He had actually won! He had defeated her! Then, concern set in. He had caused her to hurt herself. The slash ran down her chest. He propped himself up on one arm, frowning as he examined the wound. Finally, the boy managed to speak, for the first time since they had began.

"Are you all right?" his quiet voice inquired. The wound did not look so bad. It was only a thin cut from the dagger. Definitely not as bad as it could have been, considering it's placement on her chest. He had to be more careful next time. Causing girls to cut themselves with daggers. Definitely not very gentlemanly or kind of him. His eyes then drifted down to her legs. Yikes. That sword smack would leave a bruise in the morning.

Only then did his own pain register in his mind. His knee stung, the source of the pain unknown. After rolling up his Bryda, he found that the skin on his knee cap was removed in various small places. Nothing major, it would heal by itself. He pulled the pant leg back over his knee, giving a "it's nothing" look to the two twins, before he pushed himself back up to his feet. Fenilen's hand extended to Sairque to help her back to her feet, if she so wished.
Fenilen
Give Me Your Warmth!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sairque on October 23rd, 2010, 2:47 am

Sai was laughing...She was laughing before they had even come to a stop. She had tripped over his sword. Who does that? She had tripped over a sword being swung at her legs. And then she falls into the sword wielder, knocking him over while scrambling to use him to stay upright.

"My middle name is Grace," she stuttered from beneath her forearm in between chuckles. "Oh, I'm fine, Fen. Are you?" She rubbed the cut on her chest with her palm, it wasn't anything to worry over. Pushing up onto her elbows, she surveyed their blunder. None of her physical repercussions from their match were really all that bad, she glanced down at the cut on her leg, it looked all right too. Thankfully she had been in the air when she had been hit by the sword, so she didn't absorb all the force from the blow, it bled off as she was tilted.

Then she noticed Fen was checking something. She pushed herself into a sitting position to get a better look, but he covered it again and didn't look too perturbed.

She so wished to be helped to her feet. Sai's smaller hand was placed in Fen's, warm and callused, the flesh scarred lightly should he look. Pulling herself up, those perpetually pouting lips smiled in appreciation. Unlike Addy, Sai hadn't spent hours in front of the mirror to perfect the poutiness inherent to their lips into a teasing and mysterious expression.

Speaking of, she motioned over to Addy and beckoned. "Hey, we need a medic!"
"Oneday I wished upon a star
And woke up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me."
Sairque
It's so empty in here

Words: 424341
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2010, 12:15 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Aidara on October 23rd, 2010, 3:15 am

Aidara had watched their practice event with an amused sparkle in her eye. Clearly, by the concentration and determination on their faces, they had no idea exactly how ridiculous they looked. Jabbing and swinging wildly out of control, Sai wielding a completely absurd pink dagger. Frankly, she didn't know how Fen kept from collapsing in a heap, breathless from laughter rather than exertion, at the sight her sister made. It was probably the fact that one end of the bright pink scarf had pulled loose from where Sai wrapped it, and flailed oh-so-intimidatingly after each stroke or parry the woman made.

Fen on the other hand, probably had the cutest look of concentration on his face she'd ever seen, and that turned her lips up in a smile, which turned to a delighted laugh as he lunged wildly at her twin. There was no cause for concern, since neither of them were seemed capable of getting anywhere near the other, let alone cause bodily harm. She was wrong, but she didn't realize it at first. At the moment that Sai foolishly stabbed herself with the dagger, Addy felt a creepy-crawly feeling on her arm. Glancing down she discovered a rather disgusting looking bug with a million feet and like, gigantic pincers. A scream, and she lept to her feet, swinging her arms wildly until the bug was flung off. Checking the rest of her body throughly for any more offending creatures, Addy shivered and moved her position from the grass to the bench to resume watching the rest of the spar.

Back and forth the two went, and Aidara thought it would never end. Her attention span was certainly drifting now. Just as she had begun to gaze blankly around the clearing, she heard shouts from the two combatants. Green eyes snapped back, confused for a second until she saw the pair rolling on the ground together, weapons thrown aside. What the...WHAT was Sai doing, just throwing herself on top of Fen like that?!

"Hey..!" Aidara stood up, about to rush over and protect what was hers, Fen, when she heard them inquiring about each others health. Oh. Something had happened while they were practicing. That was okay, then.

"Hey, we need a medic!" Smiling, Addy trotted over to the pair and sank to the ground next to them. Green eyes instantly picked out the tear in her sisters clothes. Leaning forward, she moved the fabric aside to get a better look. Deep within her, she felt her gnosis stir her compulsion to heal. However, the scrape was so shallow there was nothing for her to mend back together, her dagger had barely scraped off the top layer of skin. Not to mention she had already healed Fen's finger and that had taken it's toll on her stamina. Shaking her head, she looked back up at her twin.

"Nah, I have some herbs back at the Abode. I'll mix a salve for you there that will fix you right up. Promise." She offered them both a smile. The day had been a good one, and she was in a brilliant mood. Addy had seen Fens "It's nothing" look and nodded to his knee "I'll put some on that too." Spotaniously, she leaned forward and kissed his cheek. A wink, and she turned away from the two of them, effectively hiding her blush. She didn't blush because she kissed a boy. How embarrassing.

Returning to the bench, Addy picked up her bow and slung her quiver over her shoulder. Facial expression now under control, she turned back to Sai and Fen, raising a brow. "Come on, back to the house. I'll even make us dinner." And with that, She left the clearing.
Last edited by Aidara on November 5th, 2010, 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Words: 946840
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 5:20 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 10
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Fenilen on October 24th, 2010, 4:23 pm

"and mine is Dexterity," Fenilen commented, laughing quietly. He watched as Addy trotted over to the two of them, smiling ever so slightly as she approached. He watched as she examined Sai's wound, eventually declaring that there was nothing she could do about the wound. Interesting. Then, something entirely unexpected happened. Addy rose to her feet, and leaned in. Soon, he felt her soft lips on his cheek.

Wait, what? Did that really just happen? She had kissed him on the cheek. Kissed him. Just like that! No no no, that couldn't have just happened! But it had, and this could only be confirmed by the burning warmth he felt crawl over his face. Fenilen had turned a fiery shade of red, a blush of embarrassment claiming the entirety of his face. it was probably a hilarious sight, considering the blush caused him to turn the same shade as his hair. He looked, quite literally, like a giant red tomato from the neck up.

He heard Addy's words only barely. The key words of the sentence registered only partially in his distracted mind, but it was enough for him. House. Dinner. Good enough. Fen turned sharply on one foot, scooping up his Talon sword in one hand. Carefully and silently, he unwrapped the scarf from the sheath, examining it. Only some slight stretching, nothing that ruined it. The Inarta carefully twirled the scarf around his neck, tugging on it once for good measure. The sword found its way back to his hip.

Striding quickly over to his bow and quiver, he placed the bow over his back. The quiver was slung over his shoulder. He quickly did one last scan of the area, and was glad he did. He had never retrieved his arrows from the target. Time to rectify that. He scurried over to the aforementioned target, yanking his arrows from it. Both found their way back to his quiver.

One more scan. Nothing. He was good. His footsteps followed Sairque and Aidara with a quick pitter-patter.
Fenilen
Give Me Your Warmth!

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dreamcatcher on October 25th, 2010, 5:09 pm

Character: Fenilen

Experience: +2 Archery, +5 Socializing, +3 Sword (Talon)
Lore: Archery is a Dangerous Game, Been bandaged by a Pretty Nurse, Getting First Blood

Character: Aidara

Experience: +2 Archery, +3 Medicine, +5 Socializing, +1 Acrobatics
Lore: Seduction over a Cut, Cheering on Friends

Character: Sairque

Experience: +2 Archery, +5 Socializing, +3 Dagger, +1 Acrobatics
Lore: Asking the Right Questions of a Glassblower, Receiving First Blood

Additional Note: If you feel that I missed something please PM me with the details on what I missed and I will review it.
Dreamcatcher
Retired Staff

Words: 120506
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2010, 4:27 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous