Solo Before the End

What happened before the fireworks? And after?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Before the End

Postby Kaik Leyr on February 25th, 2015, 10:24 pm

OOC= I'd read this first. Just in case you're wondering how those fireworks started.

45th of Winter, 514 AV- Morning

Kaik sat on simple chair in a cramped kitchen with Arya sitting on his lap since there was a lack of chairs. He could barely contain his laughter when Maeki had donned a colorful apron adorned with carrots and broccoli. Maeki paid no mind to her assistant’s laughter as she finished making a small cake.

“Jeez Kaik...is it really that funny? You’ve seen me in this plenty of times,” she said as a cake was placed on the table, “how long are you going to keep laughing?”
“Oh ha ha sorry....it’s just...ha ha it’s still funny every time I see it,” Kaik said as he tried to stifle his laughter.
Having already set down the tea for the both of them Maeki took a seat, “Now then, will you tell me how you received those wounds?”
Suddenly Kaik stopped laughing, “Um...what?”
“I’m not a fool. Anyone could tell with how you’ve been gripping your sides and nose. Will you tell me?” Maeki kept her gaze over Kaik.
Kaik looked down at the table to avoid her eyes, “...just a fight...over...nothing.”

A fight? Petch...I can’t just tell her about that. She doesn’t need to know. Better for her and better for me. She can’t get involved in this.

“Oh, is that so? Then I’ll leave it at that. Let’s just enjoy our break.” There was an undeniable doubt in her voice.

With the cake and tea finished Kaik and Maeki returned to the studio and began their work in silence. Arya helped where she could, from delivering papers from Kaik to Maeki and holding piles of paper.

“Kaik, there’s a box over there,” she pointed to the area, “in it is a clock. Please make it so it will ring every bell. Thanks.”

Without a word said, Kaik walked toward the box and picked up the clock. Stepping over piles of paper he found a suitable animation circle that had not been used.

Maeki is being unusually...angry? She isn’t smiling like usual. Why is she so concerned over me? I don’t deserve the kindness. She should just mind her own business and just smile like she always does.

The Animator placed the clock in the destination circle and then walked into the middle of the source circle. With his arm hovering over the chalk circle he unsheathed his dagger to poke the palm of his hand. Squeezing his hand trickles of blood splattered on the lines.

Just focus on the job Kaik. I can try and patch things up between the two of us later. Start on the soulcore, the usual procedure.
Box Code by Scarlet Rose
Last edited by Kaik Leyr on March 18th, 2015, 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaik Leyr
The Doll Animator

Words: 180721
Joined roleplay: May 11th, 2014, 12:01 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Before the End

Postby Kaik Leyr on March 6th, 2015, 12:40 am

He closed his eyes and envisioned himself as he thought of what his own appearance looked like. Kaik kept the image of what it meant meant to have an identity clear inside his head before copying the information to the the destination circle. In order to copy the information Kaik had to grasp the feeling of djed that connected himself and the object.

The animator did not have to truly see the djed or even feel it literally, he simply had to understand there was a connection between himself and the object.

With the connection established Kaik simply willed the information to make it’s way in the djed toward the object. The mage began to see the shape of a clock take the place of himself in his mind.

Okay I think the soulcore is done. Now unto the persona, though there’s not much to work on in that case. Perhaps only a temporary killphrase is needed? I’d certainly get tired of the constant ringing in my head.

Kaik broke his concentration to ask a question, “Is a killphrase needed?”
“Go ahead. I’m sure they won’t mind,” Maeki said with her head buried in the papers.

Well...she’s definitely mad at me. Or she could be having a bad day, not that I’ve actually seen her have a bad day before...yeah she’s mad at me.

Once again Kaik tried to feel the connection between self and the object. After confirming his connection he focused on the soul core he had created. He let information about what it meant to shut down form around the core to create the directive. What the animator felt ‘shut down’ meant was to sleep which was the closest comparison he could use. To shut down meant to lose function and not do anything, yet what ‘turn on’ meant was to resume previous actions. Kaik spoke the words in his head and then transfered the order integrating it into the previous information given. Upon hearing ‘turn off clock’ shut down. Upon hearing ‘turn on clock’ turn on.

Just when Kaik had finished his directive a thought struck him.

How will the clock hear? It doesn’t have any petching method of hearing! Shyke. It was all pointless.

Kaik cut the connection he had with the object before he lied down on the floor. He let out a long sigh and basked in the afterglow of his mistake for a few chimes.
Box Code by Scarlet Rose
Kaik Leyr
The Doll Animator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Before the End

Postby Kaik Leyr on March 7th, 2015, 5:14 pm

Just hurry and finish the project me. You're just wasting more time.

He sat up determined to make up for the time he lost. Reconnecting himself to the object he prioritized attention on the task of the clock. In order for it to ring at every hour he had to instill in it a sense of time.

No, I actually don’t necessarily have to have it understand time. Just numbers. If I just teach it to ring when it’s short hand reaches a whole number, then I won’t have to bother teaching it actual time.

Kaik opened his eyes to study the clock and made note of where the numbers were along with the hands. He closed his eyes again now with a vivid image of the object and began work. In order to give it the wanted function Kaik had to imagine a loud sound which lasted only a chime for every time the short hand reached a number. The animator then directed this information toward the destination.

Good, another step done. What else is left? I don’t need directives so that only leaves the astral body. I can leave the actual movement of the hands to the actual machine, but I suppose I need it to understand how to use the ringing. I can’t exactly teach it to do that, when I don’t even know how it works.

“Um, Maeki? Are there any design plans to this clock?”
Maeki continued to bury her head in the papers, “Yes, it’s in the box you found the clock.”
“Oh, thanks.”

Before moving Kaik closed his mind to the object and consequently the light of the circles faded. When he picked up the plans he marveled at the complexity of the device despite his first impression that the machine was simple. Studying the plans he found the part he was looking for, how the clock was able to ring. It seemed a small bell was placed in the device and was rung using a small hammer-like part.

Now that think about...maybe it would be better to include one directive? I need to tell it, it must ring every bell.

Kaik returned to the circle to establish his connection. As the glow of the circles returned the animator once again began work.

With the corresponded information already given Kak simply had to create the directive.

You will ring every time your short hand reaches a number.

Kaik continued on with information about how the ringing is produced. Recalling the image of the plans he transferred the necessary knowledge.

Now I can work on the astral body.

Although he had already given the golem the data Kaik had to teach it to use the information given. He focused his mind on the image of hammer bashing into a bell, constantly he imagined this action happening.

Okay, I think that’s it. Just have to wake it up now.

“Awaken.” The animator opened his eyes and let the light of the circle fade one last time.
Box Code by Scarlet Rose
Kaik Leyr
The Doll Animator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Before the End

Postby Kaik Leyr on March 9th, 2015, 2:15 am

Kaik looked out the window to see the sun had already begun to set. Still there was more work to be done for the assistant and that included fixing things between himself and Maeki.

“Maeki...I-...”

How do I even tell her? What the petch am I supposed to say? I don’t want to see her like this, this isn’t her. But if I do tell her then...surely things can’t stay the same? I’d lose my job...I may end up in a jail cell...heh self defense? Can it even be called that? I guess...this might not be the worst way for my life to end. Should I even care what happens to me?

A long silence filled the air. Kaik stood in front of his teacher’s desk staring at the floor. Maeki left her chair and walked toward the previously used circles. Kaik stood where he was without saying a word. She picked up the clock and as expected it began to ring only to leave the room in silence again after a moment. Maeki smiled slightly as she placed the clock back in its box.

Maeki walked toward the entrance of the kitchen before stopping short of it. “There’s so very much that must be done today, still...I think we’re in need of another break, don’t you? Well I know I need it. Let me brew some tea, of course I’ll be wearing that apron you find so funny.”

Kaik was left in the studio with only Arya. The animator fell down to the ground as he placed an arm over his eyes. Arya sat down next to her master’s side. Grateful for the company he placed a free hand on her small hands.

I can’t tell her.

In hushed voice Kaik asked his doll, “What should I do, Arya?” As expected she gave no response. The doll maker stood back up while he still held unto Arya’s hand. With slow steps he arrived at the kitchen.

Maeki greeted him with a smile, “Sit down, sit down. The tea is almost ready. Right about...now!” She picked up the pot and poured the liquid into two cups, “Perfect!” Using mitts she placed the cups unto the small table.

Kaik took his place in the table while Arya sat in a chair next to him with her master help. Maeki folded up her apron and placed it in a drawer before she took her place at the table.

“Maeki...what if-...I’ve done...the things I’ve done...I’m not quite sure if they’re good or bad...I want to stay here! This place...the people I’ve met, it’s been...nice.” For a chime Kaik looked at her teacher almost ready to tell his own story, but he hesitated. “At first when I came to this place you seemed so...unlike what I expected from an expert animator. You’re kind, cheerful, and always have a bright smile. I just want to...thank you Teacher...just thanks...I think after tonight...I’ll be qui-”

Maeki slammed her hands on the table, “Kaik! Whatever it is that you think you have done to leave this place...it doesn’t matter! Just stay here. Just to get through every single day I put a smile...you’re not the only the only who wants to give up!”

The two tea cups tipped over as Kaik hit the table with his hands, “No! You don’t understand. I’ve killed six people. I killed them without mercy! Every single petching day of my life is filled with death. My Father, my Mother, my lover...all petching dead! You know nothing! You can’t save me. I can’t stay here.”

Maeki stared at her student in disbelief but after only a chime she resolved herself. With a smile she said, “I don’t care. You should know already how I am. Clumsy, simple, and always wearing a smile...I can’t save you, but I will be there for you...I’m your teacher, but I’m also your friend. Maybe it’s pointless but I’m still going to help you. You will stay here. And you’re going to smile with me.”

A chuckle escaped Kaik.“Yo-you...Maeki you’re just too nice for your own good. Who...who would be friends with a mur-”
“I know I’m too nice, but I also know you’re kind too. There’s good in you Kaik, you just have to believe in that.”

Without realizing it the spilled tea made its way toward Kaik’s hand.

“Oh...uh...I’m sorry about the tea...I’ll clean it.” Kaik had already been standing along with Maeki.
“It’s fine, I clean it up. Have you not seen how clean I keep the studio?” She said with a grin.
“I’ll go get the mop,” Kaik said with a laugh.
Box Code by Scarlet Rose
Kaik Leyr
The Doll Animator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Before the End

Postby Kaik Leyr on March 11th, 2015, 11:42 pm

Night had soon arrived while the two animators continued their work.

Maeki took a sip of tea before she said, “It look’s like it’s almost the rest period, you sure you want to keep working Kaik?”
“Just one more thing to do. You should get some sleep too Maeki,” he said with a yawn.
She smiled, “Now now, I can handle this much! You tend to get used to it when you're my age.”
“Um...exactly how ol-”
“I believe you have a package to deliver?” Maeki placed a scrap of paper on her desk, “once you finish your delivery feel free to just go home, you did a great job today, same as usual.”
A chuckle escaped Kaik as he picked up the directions, “Okay I will...actually...Maeki I wanted to talk some more later...is that alright?”
“Sure, I don’t mind the company. I can guess we’ll have much to talk about anyway. Oh, and Kaik?”
Kaik had already picked up the package and was nearing the door.
“Yes?”
“You should know it’s rude to ask a lady’s age,” she said in a playful tone.
“Whatever you say Maeki,” Kaik said with a grin as he left the house.

Encouraged by the cold night air Kaik picked up his pace toward his destination. He arrived at a house much like Maeki’s studio and knocked on the door. A young man no older than Kaik himself arrived at the door.

“It’s late, why are you- oh! Is that my new clock? Perfect, though you could’ve delivered it to me tomorrow when Syna had rosen. No matter, thank you.”
“Er...yes...you’re um welcome,” Kaik quickly turned and made his way back to the animation studio.

The house is on the way. Maybe I should drop off Arya? I think it might be odd for her to be there when we’re going to be talking about what I had in mind. Does it really matter? Then again if I just flare up again I don’t want to risk her trying anything. Yeah it’ll be better to just leave her home.

With the thought in mind the animator stopped by his house before he headed toward the studio.

Upon entering the house Kaik said, “I’m back. I’m sorry to ask, but Maeki could you make us so-”

Sleeping with her head on the desk was Maeki clearly oblivious to her assistant’s arrival.

“Sheesh...even though you said you would...nevermind.” With reluctance Kaik headed closer to the sleeping teacher.

How do you even sleep like that? It hasn’t even been that long since I left. Now then...how the petch do I carry you?

Kaik looked down at his side broken side and right thigh with apprehension. With slow and careful movements he picked up his teacher and carried her to the beds. Slight pain slithered into the back of his mind as he kept his focus on just lying her gently on a bed. Once done he leaned back on a nearby wall and tried to keep his mind of the pain.

That was a lot more worse than I thought it would be. Just glad I didn't drop her. Good thing you’re so small Maeki. Heh wonder if she’ll scold me if I said that?

Before he left Kaik made sure to lock all the doors and to blow out all the lights.

“Goodnight, Maeki.”
Box Code by Scarlet Rose
Kaik Leyr
The Doll Animator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Before the End

Postby Kaik Leyr on March 16th, 2015, 11:58 pm

What’s the point in going home? I haven’t been able to get much rest since that day. I can’t just forget it all. Maybe I’ll just take a walk? Yeah, It’ll clear my mind.

Alheas Park seemed the mostly likely empty place to Kaik, so at a slowed pace he walked toward the park.

Well now that I think about it...maybe I should just go back to the studio? I might as well get some work done and save me the trouble later. Not like I’m doing any worthwhile now anyways.

Turning around Kaik headed back toward the animation studio. As he made the walk back black smoke became visible in the distance.

Fire? That’s...in the direction of the...no no it couldn’t be...how would Maeki even manage that when she’s asleep? Don’t worry.

Despite telling himself it would be okay he could not help but quicken his pace. After only a chime the flames had reached the sky as they burned the simple and renowned animation studio. He started to run despite the growing pain in his thigh and ribs. Instead of thinking of the pain he thought of Maeki and was consequently reminded of Ellen.

The image of Ellen lying in her bed dead only urged Kaik to keep pushing himself foward.

Please please Maeki....be alright. You have to be okay.

“Stop, Citizen. There’s a fire going on past here. I’ll have to ask you to leave.” Two Shinya had blocked Kaik’s path toward the studio.
“Move,” Kaik said under his breath with a quiet rage burning in him.
“I’m sorry, what did you say?” Asked the other guard.

Maeki...petch! I need to be there! How do I get through them? Think. Petch petch.

“My name is Kaik Leyr. I’m an assistant to Maeki Cho, owner of the Animation Studio. Now please move.”
The Shinya contemplated among themselves.
“We can’t let you go. Just let us take care of the situation, kid.”

Shyke! I’m running out of time. I have to get there. I can’t just let this happen again. I can’t let another die.

Running opposite of the Shinya he looked for another longer path toward the studio.

I’m going to be too late! The Shinya have already surrounded the place surely? Just keep running. Please let there be a gap.

It seemed the Shinya had failed to cover the entire vicinity of the area due to how little time had past since the fire started. He made his way through the relatively empty streets till he had reached a more crowded area. The fire was spreading to the others houses, but of course there was one in particular Kaik cared about. As he made his way closer to the studio he could see a group of Shinya near the burning houses.

“Where are those reimancers? We need that fire under control now!” The Shinya’s voice carried a anger felt by all of his fellow companions.
“It’s only been a couple of chimes, sir.” Another Shinya said.
“And do you see what a fire can do in a few chimes? Go fetch those mages and drag them here now!”
“Yes, sir.” The group disbanded in haste leaving only the single Shinya had looked to be their leader.
The single Shinya held up a crumpled up piece of a paper to his vision.
“Incognito. That pe-...he’s gone too far,” he gripped the paper tightly in his hands.

Where is she? Did they not get her? Petch, petch, petch! C’mon just calm down Kaik. Ask that Shinya and see if they already sent her to the catholicon. Yes, that has to be it. Has to be.

“Sir. Have you seen...a girl? The master of that Animation Studio over there?” Kaik asked.
“No, I haven’t, citizen. It’s dangerous even here. The smoke will kill you if you’re not careful. Now return to you-”

No no no...please please she can’t be no....no no! I have to go.

“Citizen!? Hey! Stop!” The Shinya’s voice could not be heard by the young animator assistant.

He rushed forward driven by an intense need to protect what little of the life he had left. The boy was stopped short of his destination as a foreign force tripped him.

“I told you stop! It’s dangerous. Now just-”

Kaik pushed himself up from the ground and quickly continued to move despite the growing pain in his thigh. Past the area of his influence the Shinya was forced to watch as a citizen rushed into the inferno.
Box Code by Scarlet Rose
Kaik Leyr
The Doll Animator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Before the End

Postby Kaik Leyr on March 20th, 2015, 11:37 pm

He wrapped the scarf tightly around his mouth in regard to what the Shinya had said as he neared the house. Without hesitation he used his left shoulder and pushed his entire on the front door. The door swung open as smoke began to fill the assistant’s vision. He took an immediate right upon entering the house toward another door leading to the beds.

The frigid feeling from outside was soon replaced with the heat of the fires as he placed a hand on the door knob. As soon as he grasped the door knob he let go in pain.

Petch! Running out of time.

Once again he put his entire force into the door but this time it refused to open.

Again!? Open!

Desperation began to take over as he tried again without success.

Petch! C’mon already...something has to blocking it. Another way? Yes! Through the studio and past the kitchen.

He entered the animation studio as he saw huge flames flicker all throughout the room. Using caution to avoid the flames, just as Kaik neared the kitchen a cracking rumbled above him. Without thinking he jumped into the kitchen falling as he did so. He looked back to find the burning piece of wood that would have crushed him.

I need to hurry. This building will be ash soon.

The door that had led to the beds was luckily already opened so Kaik entered without difficulty, however after he did so his vision began to flicker as he saw glimpses of blackness. His sense of balance failed him at the same time and he could only resist the urge to fall.

I’ve been here too long. So what does that mean for Maeki? It can’t be too late. It can’t, I won’t allow it again.

Kaik hurried to the beds where Maeki still slept. With urgency he shook his teacher but to no avail.

Maeki, you idiot! Don’t you dare choose sleep through this!

The bedroom was in a far better state compared to the other parts of the house, still flames were scattered around with the biggest problem being a large piece of wood blocking the exit door.

There’s no way I’m going to be able to carry her back where I came. Especially with these injuries. Petch. Okay, okay...we have to go through the other door.

He made his way toward the large block of wood blocking the entrance to the main hallway.

Okay, it looks a bit weakened by the fire. Just one good hit.

With a broken right thigh he resorted to using his dagger. He held the handle with both hands above the wood and then struck it. The wood fell in half freeing the barred door. One problem dealt with, Kaik went to pick up the second.

Don’t think about the pain. Have to think about getting to her safety. Just worry about getting out.

After a moment of hesitation Kaik picked up his teacher and slowly walked toward the door. A pained look shot across his face as the weight of Maeki pushed down on his thigh.

This...is harder than it was before. Petch! I can’t think of anything but the pain!

His entire body began to waver after breaking through the door. Kaik stood still as his body began to fail him.

Nearly there. Just move!

Through force of will he gave one final push as the cold air outside hit him.

“You petching boy! Did you want to kill yourself?! You’re lucky to be alive!” The shinya from before shouted as he quickly moved to the two Animators.

Ignoring the man’s complaints Kaik gently placed his teacher in the Shinya’s hands. He walked with the Shinya a short while away from the burning house before he collapsed to the ground.

“Hey!? Young man? Are you okay?”

Kaik ripped the scarf off his mouth as he took in the fresh, cold air. As he did so he began to cough violently for a chime. He gripped his broken thigh as if it would help ease the pain. The small, burning house stood a distance away from him. An odd feeling of attraction kept his eyes over the flames that burned.

Reminds me of that building in the woods. Funny how this all turned out. I guess I really do hate fire. So tired. ‘I’m lucky to be alive’. Is that what people usually say? Heh...how stupid.

“Ka-ik? W-what happened?” Maeki voice rang out from behind him.

Kaik sat up and turned to see Maeki staring at the house. He did not ask how she was or gave his condolences, he simply told her what she could already see.

“It burned down. The Animation Studio is gone,” Kaik said returning his gaze at the flames.

Maeki sat down with her student with a solemn face plastered over her.

“Ma’m? I will ask you return it to me, but please read this.”

Before Kaik had the chance to look at the scrap of paper Maeki had pushed it back into the Shinya’s hand. She continued to watch the burning house without showing any reaction to what she had read.

“Maeki? What did it s-”
His words were cut short. “Kaik…” Her voice was quiet, just loud enough for only the two Animators to hear. “That studio used to belong to a...dear person of mine. He died a long time ago, though he left behind that studio. I felt so sad when he left, but now...now I have to keep up a smile and laugh.”
The student matched his teacher’s hushed tone. “You don’t have to smile now. You don’t have to put up a strong face. It’s okay. It’ll be okay.”
“It’s just…a building. Nothing to be sad about. I’m happy. You and I are okay. We should be happy.”
“What did that paper say?” Kaik said as silence filled the air.
“How long has it been since I’ve met you? It seems so far off. That quiet, young man seems so different now...if I told you what it said, I know you’d try to do something, just like when saved me today.” Maeki forced a smile, “thank you, Kaik.”
Box Code by Scarlet Rose
Kaik Leyr
The Doll Animator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Before the End

Postby Kaik Leyr on March 28th, 2015, 6:12 pm

Why? Why are you saying thank you? I’ve done nothing to deserve such praise. I simply didn’t want to lose those simple days in the studio. I’m selfish.

“You’re welcome,” Kaik said keeping his anger in check.

Maeki stood up and placed a hand on her student’s head.

“Nothing will happen with us just staring at that burned down house,” she said with a chuckle, “shall we go out and have some tea?”
“Tea?”
“Yes, tea. Did you think we’d go have drinks at some bar? Of course not,” Maeki said with a straight face.
“You’re...kinda odd Maeki,” Kaik said smiling.
“Ah, so you’ve only noticed till now? But then again you’re not one to talk! Come now, who in their right mind would run into a burning building to save some old woman? And with injuries prior to it too!”
“I suppose...you’re right...I mean you are quite old,” he said laughing.
“Hey! Show some respect for your teacher!” she said containing a laugh.

Kaik used the strength of his arms instead of his legs to push himself off the ground. Still the dull pain in his right thigh began to worsen, so much so that he nearly fell. Maeki quickly gave him her support with Kaik’s arm over her shoulders.

“Take it easy. The tea house is not far from here, we can take our time,” Maeki said slowly.
“Yeah. It’s...don’t you think it’s a bit late to be having tea?”
“Nonsense! There can never be a wrong moment for tea.”
“I guess?”
“Yes, so let’s get going!” she said in a jolly mood.

How petching ridiculous this is. How can she be so good at acting like nothing happened? Whatever, tea does sound good.

Kaik focused on talking with Maeki in hopes of ignoring the pain that had filled his entire right leg as they walked.

“Maeki?”
“Hm?”
“You said before...that I was...different from when you first met me?”
“Yes, I did say that. What about it?”
“Well...so...um...exactly what is so different about me now?”
“So much has changed about you, yet you haven’t noticed it? Well for one you speak more more fluently than before.”
“I do?”
“Yup, but not only that you’ve become more...cheerful? And it’s not as if you’ve changed either. It’s just that I’ve gotten to know you better. I know, even if you deny it, you’re a good person. I know you’re a hard worker. I know that you cherish those you care about,” Maeki gave him a smile, “you’re my dear assistant and a friend.”
Embarrassed Kaik looked up at the sky, “um...th-thanks.”

Maybe I should just tell her? This would make two people who’ve hear my story. Still...she’s my friend isn’t she?

“Hey...Maeki? I don’t really think I am who you think I am. It’s just that I-...I don’t know...I just...I’ve never really told you about who I am.”
A serious face painted over Maeki, “It doesn’t really matter what happens in the past, Kaik. If you want to tell me then go ahead, but don’t think it will change how I think of you. Didn’t I say before in the kitchen? I will help you no matter what.”
“I understand.”
“Good. Now then, will you tell me or will you not?”
“Yeah. A long time ago I used to have a fri-...well...a lover actually. She died due to some illness.”
“Oh? I see.” A look of nostalgia filled her eyes.
“Later my mother left the city. Stupid really, considering how dangerous it is out there. Killed by bandits. Next my father drank himself to death, though that was after he gave me plenty of beatings. With every friend and family gone I tried to...kill myself...that was unsuccessful. That’s it. That’s my story.”
“I’m glad you told me. Know I know. C’mon we’re almost there.”
In a quiet voice Kaik said, “Thank you, Maeki.”
She too said under her breath, “you’re welcome.”
Box Code by Scarlet Rose
Kaik Leyr
The Doll Animator

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Overlored (1)

Before the End

Postby Brandon Blackwing on April 4th, 2015, 3:26 pm

KAIK LEYR

XP Award:
  • Socialization +5
  • Animation +2
  • Observation +5
  • Running +1
  • Endurance +2
  • Acrobatics +1
  • Weapon: Dagger +1
  • Rhetoric +1
  • Interrogation +1

Lore:
  • Animation: Creating the Soulcore
  • Animating a clock
  • Animation: Teaching a clock the meaning of numbers
  • Kaik to the rescue!
  • Covering your mouth with fabric to prevent inhaling smoke when rushing through a fire
  • The mysterious letter; what did it say?

Notes:
Heh, nice thread. You did a great job with the animation :) It was really fun to read (the whole thread, I mean). You should make Kaik a firefighter, I think it’s his calling :D

Despite Kaik’s aspirations to become an action-movie hero, I’m afraid I’ll have to give you some penalties;
*Soot all over Kaiks clothes and any bare bodyparts from when he rushed into the fire
*You made some of your healing injuries from last time worse. Add 7 days to your broken ribs and broken thigh. (Rest is important for broken bones you know :P )
*Minor burns on the hand that grabbed the doorknob
*A headache from the smoke that managed to get through your scarf

Please edit or delete your request in the request thread.
Comments, questions or concerns regarding your grade? Why not send me a PM?

credit goes to Adelaide Sitai
Fighting Style and Techniques

Credit for this awesome sig goes to Estrellir Konrath
Brandon Blackwing
The master thief Incognito

Words: 1496963
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2013, 3:24 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)