[Redd's Scrapbook] My Ramblings

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

[Redd's Scrapbook] -My Lack of Activity

Postby Redd on January 30th, 2015, 2:33 pm

-My Lack of Activity

Hey all!

I know that I have been a little AWOL of late and I haven't exactly been online to do posts and I'm sorry about that. Real Life has been kicking me up the ass lately and I've been dealing with a lot of stressful situations. Especially with my doctor visits, work, family and friends. So much has been going on that I have barely had time to catch a breath! The recent transgression being my health which has been on the decline because of the stressful situations.

However! I have time to do some posts this weekend. SO! When I wake up, [Because I'm going to bed straight away after this], I will set out to do some posts for everyone. Hopefully, I will be able to get posts done in a more timely fashion in the future, but sadly no promises on that. Because as I have noticed, things just crop up unexpectedly.

Alright! Bed for me. I'll see ya'll when I wake.

-Redd
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Words: 425591
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 1:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

[Redd's Scrapbook] -I Just Had To

Postby Redd on January 31st, 2015, 4:48 am

-I Just Had To

-Redd
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

[Redd's Scrapbook] -Mind Blowing

Postby Redd on February 11th, 2015, 6:58 am

-Mind Blowing

I had to share this because the guitar solos in this is just HOT!

-Redd

Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

[Redd's Scrapbook] -If I Had a Heart

Postby Redd on February 28th, 2015, 10:01 am

-If I Had a Heart

Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

[Redd's Scrapbook] -A Call for Questions

Postby Redd on March 1st, 2015, 2:06 pm

-A Call for Questions

I woke up one day and felt like doing a vlog. So, if anyone wants to give me a few questions to answer, feel free to message me or make a comment. Any questions about Redd or myself is welcomed because it will give me something to talk about instead of just simply staring at my very pretty face. LOL.

Anyway, I shall leave you all with the music that I love to type posts to.

-Redd

Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

[Redd's Scrapbook] -Vlog #3

Postby Redd on March 2nd, 2015, 1:58 pm

-Vlog #3

Please excuse my language and my horrible english speaking. xD

Vlog Questions.
- Nemesis: Why play a slave character?
- Fallon: What’s your shoe size?
- Fallon: Is Redd anywhere near where you first planned her?
- Fallon: Do you have an endgame for Redd?
- Aventis: Redd is one of the only successful slave PCs in the game. What's the secret?
- Aventis: Is it hard to work constantly on another's back, in this case your slave owner?
- Aventis: What dynamic is caused by being a slave and how is it different from regular relations?
Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Nemesis on March 2nd, 2015, 2:10 pm

Nemesis
"What's the secret of having a successful slave PC?"

Having an awesome DS and character to take the slave PC on and make things work when all else fails! >.>

I mean... what? <.<

I jest. Seriously though, the problem with slave PCs is that often one relies on another player to play the PC master, and, as anyone who looks into Redd's history can see, come people drop off the face of the world with no notice, others have to leave without wanting to... life gets in the way. I've suffered with my own slave PC, who has gone from owner to owner to owner, with all plans falling through (some before they even started). I think people don't realise how hard it is to actually maintain a dynamic like that. It takes a hell of a lot of effort to keep it from going stagnant.

Much like the real world, if you have children or a pet, a PC master needs to be prepared to give a lot of time an energy in their RP to the slave, as the slave's plot is almost completely dependent (IC and OOC) on the master, and how that relationship is going. To do it right, it takes too very dedicated individuals, who are willing to offer at least two threads a season to watching that relationship grow. Without that, a slave/master relationship cannot work.

That's my tuppence - now to actually watch what Redd has to say!
Nemesis
Fortune and Retribution

Words: 296717
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 8:36 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Postby Aventis on March 7th, 2015, 3:16 pm

This was really interesting. I had fun listening to it. Your answers to your readers' burning questions were outstandingly clarifying. I enjoyed watching. c:

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Shameless self advertising. Feel free to make a request!

Aventis
Your brother in multiple arms

Words: 158586
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2014, 9:14 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

[Redd's Scrapbook] -Too Cute to Not Share

Postby Redd on March 15th, 2015, 9:31 am

-Too Cute to Not Share

this was too cute to not share with you all.

-Redd

Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

[Redd's Scrapbook] -Explaination

Postby Redd on April 23rd, 2015, 1:09 am

-Explaination

Sooo... I know that I have been a little absent of late and I have a very good reason for it. Family, my own mentality and I guess you could say that I have also been doing a lot of soul searching. Not only that, but I have been trying to get myself back on track and I haven't really been wanting to bring anyone else into it, because I really hate relying upon others to pick myself up. Independence is a trait, I guess you could say, that is a heritable one in my family.

Right up until now, everything has taken a back burner and my family came first. My older brother fell into a state of depression and I have been helping him. Even my older sister fell into it and found herself in hospital after she woke up from her coma. I have taken up smoking once again, even though I know that I shouldn't, it just gives me some kind of relief and a break from everyone else. It's a kind of solitude that one can rely on because people don't chase you outside, unless they too want to risk getting lung cancer or one of the many other cancers that you can get from smoking. Sitting outside with a smoke in my hand is basically the only time I get to be alone with my thoughts.

Slowly, I have been dealing with family things and my own relapse in mental health, but I'm getting there. Which means, that I am now also beginning to focus on the other things that I have stopped doing. Starting today, hopefully. I will be online more. Writing posts and grading. I also hope to pick up my studies once more as well as go to the gym more often. My friend also wants me to do a security course, to get my security license and then do a security job, but ya know, we shall see. I just need to take things one step at a time and try not to over-whelm myself right out of the gate. I may need to get a schedule kind of diary to make sure that I pace myself.

Alrighty, well that's it, short and sweet because I don't want to be all dark and gloomy.

-Redd

Redd
The One-Eyed Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes