PM to join New City. New Start.

(Zandelia) Getting used to a new city and finding their feet.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

New City. New Start.

Postby Fallon on March 5th, 2015, 11:40 am

14th Spring 515 AV
Early Afternoon

Fallon was still, for the most part, internally dead. Deaf to the world of emotion and feeling, barely able to register any sense of self preservation. It was only because of the nudges every now and again, the small encouragements to eat and drink that she managed to keep any form of being alive. The loss in Sunberth had been a blow to her, deflating and discouraging, leaving her only on uneven ground and uncertain on where she stood with anything. Of course, there was moments where it broke through, fragile and brittle, ready to fracture and break if a gentle touch was not applied. And of course there was tiredness, skin sapped, pale with sleep and a lingering sense of chill from travelling taking its toll upon her form.

Still, she made herself straighten out for the morning at least, donning the fake smile of business and pleasantness. It was all she could for now, an attempt to keep a straight face as she escaped the stone of the Council's office and into the spring air. The red coat open, the usual armour and weaponry having been left at their temporary lodgings. She could not bring herself to touch them, an uneasy chill taking over her whenever she took them up and caressed their edges. Even taking up the kukri and forcibly strapping it to her person required effort, an weight that rested upon her heavier than before - she almost expected it to drag her to the ground if she let it.

The mask fell as she escaped the building, eyes growing tired as she tucked the paperwork securely away in her pocket, the set of keys being carefully slipped away into an inside one. Safe, and secure for now. Her gloved hand gave a pinch of her brow, a low sigh escaping as she exchanged the internal air for the saltier fresh air. She never really got to look at Zeltiva when they arrived. It did not help that the last portion of their journey had turned stormy, keeping them all awake and disturbing Fallon's sleep to say the least. But there was nothing that could be done but to patiently wait in the hold for the coming of land. When they finally did it was already dark, the bell late and the inky blackness having enveloped them all to torch light. And with the lethargic mind she had forced herself to walk and seek temporary lodgings the world's end.

And now, was the long process of starting again. Licking her lips she finally reached the bottom of the steps and went to the side, hands resting in her pockets as she gathered her bearings and begun to formulate a mental list of things she needed to do today. View the new lodgings was at the top of the list, she gave a peel back of her collar then and caught the faint scent of sweat and poor hygiene. Cringing she added have a bath to the list, and continued on through her thoughts, eyes peering down at the fabric. It was beginning to fray, the edges showing that they had been well worn and put through a lot - combat being the biggest sign where the rips had been sewn shut. Clothing, that would be good to also partake in she reasoned, at least attempt to look like a respectable member of Zeltivan society and not some Sunberthian gang leader. And, respectful Zeltivans need to have the correct tools for the job - her work space would require equipment no doubt to aid with any employment that came her way.

Lifting her gaze she took in the air once more, gaze lifting to spy her lover across the way. It was with a few steps that she closed the gap hand, gently raising to brush against the shoulder before allowing it to lower down to the palm. It was there she gave it a tentative nudge, her cheeks glowing slightly and then withdrawing. How should she behave now? Forward? Or keep things the same as they were before?

"Sorry to keep you..." She paused, finding that she had spoken in the rougher tones she had adopted in Sunberth and so took a moment to gather herself. It was slowly she let the natural, rolling lilt come forth and normality settle itself down into herself, "Waiting. Did you manage to survive without me in the meanwhile?" Was there anything to fear? Was someone going to come forth and tear their world asunder? She forced a tired smile, attempting to look more optimistic about the situation, "I have a place. For us. It's a town house, whatever that is," she paused then, rummaging back through her pockets and pulled out the paper with the address on it, "And maybe... we could today..." She stopped and gathered her thoughts, "Today, easy stuff. See what we need, get what we need. Unless there is something you want to do instead?" She gave an incline of the head way at that point, "Come on, let's not loiter now."
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

New City. New Start.

Postby Zandelia on March 5th, 2015, 1:12 pm

Zeltiva had certainly opened itself up to her since they had arrived the previous day, taking shelter upon the ship as agreed until they had found themselves more permanent accommodation. The captain had been amenable enough, had actually warmed to them since Sunberth and that had been surprising given the manner on their leaving. Still, it had been repaired whatever stain upon their character had been incurred and now they had been wandering the city, Fallon leading them along streets and avenues wider and grander than any in Sunberth. And these were every street here. She was lost in her observations as they made their way towards the Lord of Council's Office where Fallon was planning to set them up and seek employment. True to her word she was taking a few days off herself, she would seek such things out tomorrow...or the day after.

“Have fun” she grinned at Fallon as she entered, trying to envision the piles of paper she were walking into and contending with. It amused her somewhat how many put such stock in things.

Still, it was the Zeltivan way, as well as the Sahovan, Ravokian and Nykan way she had to admit. Perhaps there was something to be said for an organized central power. She saved such considerations for another time instead occupying herself with watching the people flow this way and that. She took note of their styles of dress, the women particularly. She wished to blend in, in so far as was possible, and so it would behove her to have an idea of what the latest fashions were. She was vaguely aware such things changed but she would settle for similar if not for exact. Dresses of one variety or another were common amongst the fairer gender, many had some form of patterning and decoration also, a self-expression telling others they had their own personalities. She smiled at that, it had been some time since she had been afforded the opportunity to wear something other than leathers and woollens.

Perhaps I will find some comfort here after all she mused to herself, time sliding out and being spent with idle mental tasks.

She did not truly notice the return of her partner until she felt the telling bump upon her palm and she looked down to inspect what it had been, gaze flicking up and taking in the wan smile of the other. She was trying, she really was. She had to respect her for that, she was trying to be strong. It was difficult she knew but then she was willing to lend Fallon her own strength, even if it were with simple things. She smiled back and grabbed her hand and held it, the unspoken question had been clear enough.

“Finished already? I thought you'd be at the signing all day,” she stated happily, noting the change in her voice also and planting a small kiss upon her cheek, “and I was able to survive yes. I had to lead some guards on a dashing chase across rooftops and then through a bakery but thankfully I managed to lose them” she began to walks slowly away from the heart of the government and back into the city itself, gently tugging the other with her.

“Simple sounds good to me, it'll be nice to have somewhere our own to sleep again. Somewhere that doesn't list almost horizontal in bad weather that is. Easy things, it's been a while since we just did those. Can you remember where to begin with them?” she asked softly.

“Hmm, I suppose we should start with visiting this new town house of ours. See what condition it's in and if anything is missing. I'm damned if I'm going to walk around a city this size only to have to do it again. Did you get your business back as well my dear?”

She was already making a rough mental list of what would be required for a decent standard of living, provided that they had the space to accommodate her thoughts. Beds and furniture were a given but smaller things were what made something homely and they were all too often the missing pieces.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

New City. New Start.

Postby Fallon on March 5th, 2015, 9:44 pm

Simple things indeed. She let the smallest of blushes come forth, eyes catching the returned smile. A sniff, she enjoyed the simple and unhidden bond between them, slender fingers lacing in between the gloved, a few moments of wriggling as she let them settle and get comfortable. For a moment she choked, emotions rising up to quickly at such acts, and turned her head away for a moment of composure. Doubt gave its small whisper, the poison planted that she did not deserve such affections, that she was not allowed such pleasantries. With a swallow, she forced it away and turned her gaze back to the woman.

She gave a blink then, "Such adventures you have when I am away," she allowed herself to be tugged, haphazardly turning the address in her hand. Around her, she could feel her skin prickling, the green-blue orbs flickering to look at those they passed by. For the most part there was little more than the passing glances, the whispering women of gossip catching her ears - it caused her head to turn and watch their own heads snap away as if they were spotted. With a chew upon her lip she turned her attention back to the other, "I always take you exciting places, but you never take me. We need to balance that out I think. In good time." She looked up to the emerald orb then, trying to put on a smile once more, "Maybe... tonight or something, if we're not exhausted by then."

Turning her attention to the address she looked at the streets, mind ticking over the old names in her mind from those years ago. It had not changed much, the buildings receiving a new coat of paint, the cobblestone roads that little bit more worn down. Her hand rose and gave a point to the right and guided them over to a slightly narrower street, "This way. Yes. Our own place to sleep in again would be nice. Not to have to worry about rude awakenings either, and comfort above the floor. Easy things..." She stopped then in her tracks. Lips pursed into a line, her gaze turning upwards towards the spring sky, "I'm not sure if I remember... Easy things..."

She hummed, then snapped her gaze back around suddenly and a strained chirping tone came forth, "We begin with acquiring ribbon and a bottle of wine." She was tugging the woman along then herself, "And a small fire. A bed for definite..." There was a pause a brief scratch of her head before she turned again down another one of the streets. There was a pause when she checked the name of it, a small approving nod, "Almost there should be just around the corner. Bed. Furs. Wine... that faint drifting of incenses... Warmth..." She found her gaze shifting down to Zandelia then, her expression settling into some thought before snapping away once more. It was then at last that she gave a single point forward to the numbered house and summoned forth her key, "Here we are."

It was a town house alright, a brick construct fitted between two neighbours. It brushed almost against the street itself, a small step up and into a narrow alcove to give shelter against any of the elements that may come while opening the heavy wooden front door. Upon the surface the worn, carved in number of '16' stood there, marking it out from the others, leading the woman over she released the hand for the moment and took a careful inspection of what was there. A bay window jutted out just past the alcove itself, the glass split up into smaller panels and from what she could tell gathering a thin layer of dust - disuse and absence those to reside in it. Slipping the key into the lock, she gave it a turn a small force of pressure as she pushed it open.

Inside the dull corridor, Fallon's gaze lifted to the cobwebs that had accumulated, clumping around the stairs that lead upwards, the thick blanket of dust covering the wood floor. She hovered at the premises for a moment, deciding on whether or not she wanted to cross over. It was with a tentative step she entered, nostrils catching the stale scent upon the air, with a few steps inwards her fingers reaching out to brush against the wall and smear through it - she exhaled, "Needs an air out, probably. And a good clean."

She gave a step down the narrow hallway, reaching the single set of double doors and proceeded to open them. It was the fireplace that greeted her first - empty but she was certain that it would be filled in good time. Around her a few narrow benches, simple things to fill the space and make it partially liveable. Turning her head she spied the back of the room round into a kitchen area, the smaller windows letting in some light, a small table with some chairs and at last an iron stove to frame the space nicely. Scratching at the back of her head, Fallon begun her movements, her lips pursing into a line as she paced the space out, "Perhaps some soft comforts. Couch, blankets, a shelf... Definitely a good clean though. Smells like its been empty or closed up for a while." Her hand gave a slap on the wall, "Think it'll be in good condition though, won't fall apart any time soon. What do you think? Upstairs? Any comforts?"
FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

New City. New Start.

Postby Zandelia on March 11th, 2015, 12:49 am

“Oh I would love to take you somewhere nice, somewhere that doesn't always smell of stale sweat and spilled ale perhaps? Not sure I know anywhere like that in this city yet but I'm sure something could be arranged. Tonight though? Too tired? My your endurance has waned my dear” she responded with a chuckle.

With that began the slow meandering through the street, she kept her eye and ears open as they went, taking in the atmosphere and engraving the route they were taking into her mind. She suspected that it would be useful to remember her way directly back to the heart of government from their living space, just in case. She noted how others looked at them, their eyes darting to their joined hands and laced fingers before darting away as they were spotted. She just smiled at them and nodded, which prompted some hushed words. She was not sure what the fuss was about, perhaps because they were foreigners. Surely they had seen two women together before? It was not so uncommon in her experience. She frowned at the comments upon easier matters, truth rang too solid within them.

“I think I know what you mean, easy and simple never seemed to be our friends the past few seasons,” she spoke, tone serious now as they walked, “but I remember a few times where simple pleasures came to us. Or we took them at least. Should be easier here, Zeltiva is at peace. For the most part it seems to me. Perhaps this theatre that you spoke of? Although wine and ribbon sounds intriguing” she continued as they slipped down another street and a different direction.

It was not long until they found themselves faced with their new home, for the time being at least. The door seemed ancient but sound to her gaze, the building itself not as grand as The Quay House had been still possessed of its own quaint charm. It was all that they required, a small home within which to find a nesting of recuperation. It was in the same style as the surrounding architecture, great age seeming to throb out of its stones as sure as the sunrise brought warmth. She watched with a smile as the key was produced and Fallon set about opening the door and stepping within, she did so love to patrol her spaces and investigate their depths. She let her drift away, grip breaking as she followed and entered herself more slowly.

“Warmth and comforts are most certainly upon my list, near the top of it I think. The ship was useful but hardly somewhere you could relax and recline without splinters and muscle aches,” she stated as she stretched her shoulders and looked around with her own curiosity possessing her now.

It was a simple dwelling but more than enough as it revealed itself to her gaze. The living space was smaller than they were used to but more than enough to accommodate a half-dozen people, perhaps slightly more if the furniture was arranged properly. It was dusty and grubby but that could easily be rectified. The windows let in a decent amount of light, enough to live by and lanterns brought with them would warmly illuminate the area nicely as Leth took control of the skies. She spied the kitchen, an area she was sure to become familiar with soon enough. The fire was empty but large enough that it would warm the room once lit. She nodded at Fallon's words, they were accurate enough.

“I think we could even replace the furniture, purchase some decently comfortable items and arrange them nicely. A rug or two, I would like that. And not one shelf, a few I think. We will be getting some clutter after all” she tilted her head as she mapped it out mentally and found itself to her liking.

She turned without a word then and made her way up the narrow staircase, taking them carefully and testing their weight. Finding them to be stable she came to the door at the end of another small corridor, noting that these would also need to be lit and decorated, before pushing them open and meeting the sight that greeted her with another small smile. It was a large bedroom indeed, the bed in prime position dominating the room. Windows on both sides lit the room even brighter than the ground floor had been. A few scattered furnishings remained for small comforts – side tables and a rug struck her as the most prominent of them though they looked battered from time.

“Seems good enough to me Fallon, good enough to me. Bit of a clean, some new pieces and we could be very comfortable here indeed. You want to clean first or buy first? Might as well get it over with as soon as possible” she asked over her shoulder as she circled the space of the room.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

New City. New Start.

Postby Fallon on March 13th, 2015, 10:56 pm

"I want an arm chair," Fallon's lips pursed into a line then, hands coming out as if to draw the shape in the air, "And a couch thing. With cushions. And sheepskins. I like sheepskins. So soft." Her eyes blinked back to Zandelia then, a brief wondering in her gaze. Lips curled upwards, plucking at the smallest cords of mischief before falling down once more, "Sure, we can go to the theatre. Go stand among the masses and cheer as the show goes on. May have to see about dates and times on that one though," The green-blue orbs gave a look to the world outside then, "I can try and get something fun for us to do tonight. If you're good and behave yourself."

Looking at the faint prints upon the floor Fallon released a sigh. It would all require work to get it clean, the question however was on prioritising her time now. Places would only be open for so long in Zeltiva, and it left her wondering if they should think about purchases first and then the cleaning afterwards. The would still need to get the correct tools for such a job however, so going out seemed to be the more viable option at the moment. Head turning to the faint groaning of wood, she gave a small lean from her position to watch the feet begin their hike up the steps to the floor above. It was with her own slower steps that she came round, eyes peering up after her partner as she disappeared up the narrow staircase and the short corridor beyond. It was when she disappeared through another door that Fallon made haste after her, feet falling heavy and wood thudding with the steps.

Scattered furniture still stood in the room - a blessing that meant they did not have to worry about hauling a bed frame back to their new abode. Light was the next thought, the streaming of it and the wood shutters to block out the light. Her gaze shifted again, allowing her partner some analysis of the room and make her own thought notes of it. Pressing her shoulder against the door way, Fallon idly observed the woman as she worked her way around. In her minds eyes the room flickered, imagination filling out the gaps of things that could exist and be housed there. Warm things, furniture, books, Zandelia had mentioned rugs but perhaps something more than just that, "A few shelves as well, a few reading books, a stand as well. Chest as well for belongings and out trinkets." Fallon scratched at her chin then, "Few spare lanterns. Oil. Food, definitely food and a means to cook it."

It was then that she moved, steps light as she came up behind the woman. One arm wrapped around and across the shoulders, the other reaching across to place a finger under the chin. Turning the face towards her own, she gave a purr, "By the way, I will have you know my endurance has not waned," Her lip gave a small tug up into a curl, thumb brushing against lips. With a lean in closer she met the emerald orb teasingly, "Do I need to prove so to you...?" A fraction of a distance, a flash of teeth that was followed by a low chuckle, and the swift pulling away, "Later, if you are not too tired. Unless of course, you want proof now."

She let the idea hang there for a moment, foot tapping at the dust once more before she nodded to herself, "Buy first may be the best approach. If I remember correctly, businesses are generally only open for a set amount of time and generally during the daylight. And, if there is nothing we like we can always place down a commission for some furnishings and get them in a few days time. May have to be the case with bigger furnishings, but we can get the smaller things no doubt." She offered her hand to her partner then, "And if we don't. Well we can always view the city and explore a little. Fresh air, clean air, unlike Sunberth." Her eyes blinked then, "Yes, I remember the way to stalls and shops and other such places we may need. Fear not. That is... of course, if you want to go? Better idea?"
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

New City. New Start.

Postby Zandelia on March 14th, 2015, 6:44 pm

“I suppose that I could accept an arm chair or two,” she responded teasingly, “though the books I don't know about. I mean, it's not as if I live with a scholar of sorts now is it?” she continued with a smile.

She stepped a few paces about the room once more, as the items were listed she considered the space available and where they would be placed once purchased and hauled back to the town house that would be their home. It was an important consideration, after all when it was all put in place she wasn't about to shift it again a score of days later. Besides which the location of any chests of gold would need to be particularly pondered for means of safety and security. At that she wondered about the door and the key. Safer Zeltiva might be but they had enemies, they might decide to journey across the sea for them, they had caused quite the upset. It seemed unlikely but either way, even from common thieves, she would feel safer with a second security upon their home.

“I would ask for a demonstration but I'm pretty sure the dust clouds would make it an awkward one. Later, perhaps. As to the buying I accept your wisdom. Better to get it under way today, it might take a few days for the furnishings to present themselves. We can at least make ourselves comfortable until then. So my dear,” she presented her arm for Fallon then, “lead the way”

“Oh! And we should probably get our things taken here too before darkness falls. It'd be wiser to put them into safer hands and safer places I think” she added as they stepped back into the world.

She waited for the door to be locked, the work of a moment, and then there was the steady but gentle pace set towards the commercial arena that held their requirements. It was enjoyable, to just walk with no other purpose than to have fun and to fix the smaller things. She was starting to see the importance of the simple and small things, outside of her work that was. Even within her work she was considering changes, many small changes that would hopefully bring about larger ones – for the better. Still, that was for another time and she brushed it away, smiling at Fallon and nodding politely at those who looked at them as they passed.

“So, what to do first? Procuring wine and food? I must say that I am looking forwards to a decent meal. Even my cooking is better than the ship rations. And a decent evening filled with alcohol seems like a good past time. And you mentioned lanterns and something more delightful I believe?”

She had little idea of what to expect, of where they were going, but she was making sure that she would remember it for future purposes. She had a few idea that required an individual personal visit without her partner. She was also considering whether there was anywhere that they could visit before they returned to the town house. Somewhere quiet and secluded where they could just sit and be before the chore that would consume the majority of the rest of their day she knew. Not for the first time did she wonder if there were professional cleaners in Zeltiva – not that they had much time to find one. It was a small hope, a fleeting one.

“Say, do you know anywhere in this city that a relatively young couple might go? A quiet place perhaps?”
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

New City. New Start.

Postby Fallon on March 15th, 2015, 8:13 pm

A chuckle, followed by the giving of the smallest prods, "Don't live with a scholar now. Cheeky."

Humour, she needed it then. It made the heart feel just that bit lighter in a world that was borderline dark at times. Sure, the past was now behind them, but how quickly would it gain speed and strike at them? How long would this piece of peace last them? Her mind shivered at the thought, her gaze averting to protect the expression of her own worries that existed there. With only a deep inhale she accepted the arm offered to her and gave a small smile, "Later it is then. And onwards we will tread bravely to where no Sunberthian has dared go before, to West Street and the Markets!"

Over enthusiasm perhaps, but it was an attempt to be slightly upbeat about things. With the door locked behind them, and the arm once more taken with a stupid grin. And whilst Zandelia was clear in what she wanted to do, it left Fallon to simply look ahead and guide them in the general direction of the market and various stores within the Old Quarter. Arms linked, she gave a point with her free hand whenever they needed to turn through the various twisting and turning streets that made up Zeltiva proper, the lists going around in her head as she considered thing and piled them up into a list.

"Maybe get our things first, preferably before they decide to sell what little we do have onwards. Also gives us more carrying ability, no?" She gave a glance down then, "From there, maybe some browsing, look about or slide into the general store - they generally have all the small vitals, some dried food, drink, a few tools and the like. I remember having to go there for a lot of my writing supplies. Further along is the fish market, sometimes they cook the caught fish on a skewer and let it all get crispy. Don't know if they still do that though," She gave a wicked grin then, "Oh! I'm going to have you try Kelp Beer. Just as a warning to you." Another turn and she was directing them down towards the bay itself this time, the main road open before them, "Then there's West Street with all the stores along there, tailors and other fancy things. Mainly where the upper class go, or at least the proper people..." She looked down at her own worn clothing then, a small blush working its way across her cheeks as she looked down upon the layers, "I'll uh, be working on looking neater sometime this season. Need to try and look a bit respectable right?"

The bodies of people were beginning to grow as they grew ever nearer, and with it her arm slipped out of her partner's and gently took up the hand once more. There was an encouraging tug, her right arm leading and pushing a way through the bodies that came before them, "Quiet place for a young couple...?" Her lips pursed into a line, her brow creasing with thought as she considered the words. While she had been to Zeltiva before it was for other more academic reasons, she rarely had reason to actively pursue more romantic locations unless there happened to be some important snippet of information, "Well... I'm not too sure. There's the pier, but that looks a bit dishevelled. There's the fountain though, that's nice. It's towards the centre of the city, not overly quiet but a good place to simply sit and observe. Let the world go by without a thought."

"Oh, there will be many more delightful things if you give me time,"
Her eyes came down into a narrow then. Another tug and she was leading them carefully through to the edge of west street and the markets. She released a hum, "I want to try a few experiments with you, bit of this and that. Spice things up a little." There was a pause at one of the store windows, gaze peering in at the contents before she allowed herself to be lead once more, "And, maybe get you a few nice things. Need anything? Want anything?" Her hand gave a point then down the road, "Down that way is the bath house, on the right side, look see the sign for it? And just beyond is the rest of West street," her hand waved in the general direction, "General store is this way though, near the stalls and the World's End. Come on."

She took the encouraging lead once more, leading themselves ever closer to the docks. Gulls cawed loudly, the calling of sailors and labourers filling the ears as the bodies grew ever more. Occasionally Fallon's head turned back to her partner, the wondering blink on if she was rushing her along too much. Perhaps it was the eagerness to start again, to get things sorted so they could settle into the city proper, or perhaps it was merely the lust for something new. She let her lips curl, "I think they do food at the Grotto too. We can get something there if they do, that is... if you want," a momentary pause, "Be a shame to miss the weather I think, and a less... demanding city."

There was a quickest dip back into the grotto and to the room they had rented out the night before, half asleep and drawn from the elements of travel. With no need to dally, the belongings were quickly checked over - tulwars strapped to the side of her own pack, the short bow to the other, with the variety of other, few meagre belongings tucked away inside. It really had been a mad pack to get out of Sunberth in one piece, how much she wondered, had they left behind in that city? She shuddered at the thought, and so, hitching up her own pack she offered her partner's over without a second thought. With the room paid for their stay, Fallon lead them both outside once more to look upon Zeltiva and make their way through the various stores, "So, Food, Drink, Soft things, Other soft things, some furniture commissions... I miss anything?"
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

New City. New Start.

Postby Zandelia on March 15th, 2015, 9:20 pm

“Agreed, I like the idea of not losing our things. The gold specifically I think would be quite emotionally troublesome to lose. I know how you love the shine” she responded warmly as she walked and listened.

Fallon was true to her word as always, leading them and directing them as they travelled. She noted that many of those they passed were dressed quite respectably, more so than the average Sunberthian. Even as she was making the observation it was commented upon that a change of clothing would be desired, she had to mentally agree and nod in response. If they were to fit in then they would need to emulate those of their new city. She assumed that there must be a tailor's somewhere, a place she could go to get not only clothing but adequately altered items for her own needs. She had a few ideas already, not to mention she liked the idea of not being covered in mud.

“I think some new clothes would be wonderful. Not just the usual trousers and blouse either. This is a city of ladies. I think I feel the need for a decent dress or two. Something to wear for the more special occasions. And if we're making a full new start I might as well get new sets of everything. I haven't shopped for clothing since Nyka. Far too long for a properly born woman”

“As for Kelp Beer, I remember being told once that it was a unique experience. A sailor I met once actually. I think he might even have returned here. Might even meet him one of these days. Still, very well. I will try not to spit it out with distaste,” she continued as they walked, thinking and wondering upon what else they might find, “as to the fountain and the fish, it sounds lovely”

She let the comment about spicing things up slide as they walked, it was a pleasing thought to just entertain mentally as the World's End Grotto came into view in the distance. She had met Fallon as an emotional wall, closed and hard as she let nothing in. Now she was holding her arm, hand and talking about her desire to interact without thought to those standing around them. It was a small miracle, one for which she was endlessly happy. It was in short order that they had entered their room and were picking up their belongings. Her own were so few now that she was not sure she even had much left. Her weapons were largely gone, used in the escape. What was left comprised clothing and gold mostly. Still she hefted her packs and slipped them over her shoulder.

“Spice things up?” she broached the response now that they were alone, “rather direct for you Wolf. I like it. Perhaps I will have my own suggestions in that regard. As to what I want...I don't know. I wanted to get a good writing set and journal for my work. Something tasteful and emblazoned with...something. I always wanted some jewellery too, just because. A book upon Zeltiva I'll need to find but er have a Library for that. Umm...a map actually. Of the city as detailed as possible. And a...surprise me. You know what I'm like. I suppose I shall have to get you a few things too then” she finished, she didn't know her true needs yet really, she was more concerned with getting their home finished and settled.

“You missed nothing, as per usual. Come on, let's explore the stalls” she smiled as they stepped out into the world.

There were quite a few of them, though there appeared to be many buildings as well. It was not long before the sign post for the largest and most stocked general store made itself apparent – it dominated its lesser cousins even though it didn't appear to be grander in its exterior. She stepped into it and began to search through the shelves. They were filled with all manner of things, from simple sewing items to travellers gear, coking equipment, dried foodstuffs and more. She fancied that she could spend days here and still not know all that was on to offer. She did, however, rather quickly find the section reserved for alcohol stores – it was quite large. She looked at Fallon askance for a few moments.

“Big drinkers indeed,” she stated thoughtfully as her fingers explored the labels, all written in a crabbed but legible hand, “I think we'll get what we need here indeed. Wines, rums, even smaller kegs of ale. I think...yes I think I'm still in a sailing mood my dear. Rum it is” she declared as she pulled out one of the more expensive bottles and held it in the fingers of one hand.

“And, my my look what we have here. Dried foods, next to cleaning rags and the like. Quite hygienic. Still, I see some things of interest” she took a few bags according to their labels and added them to her acquisitions.

She spent a little while longer searching but found only a few more things that took her fancy. With that she approached the counter, made her purchases and that was that. She let Fallon make her own perusal, she was the investigative sort and liked to browse she knew. Besides, she didn't want to get in the way of these plans she had alluded to. She packed what she had bought into the empty spaces in her packs and awaited her partner.

Purchases :
Hazelnuts (half-pound) – 2.5sm
Walnuts (half-pound) – 1.5sm
Square Cloth Segments (x10, 1ft sq) – 1gm
1 Bottle Rum (Fine) – 10gm
Toilette Kit – 25gm
Hair Kit - 25gm

Total – 61gm, 4sm
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

New City. New Start.

Postby Fallon on March 17th, 2015, 12:56 pm

"Dresses," Fallon grimaced at that word, her lip twitching as she squinted on ahead, "You may keep them. And I? I will get something with legs. I like my trousers and boots," her voice dipped into a mumble then, the expression dipping into one of a pout, "I'll make sure it's nice stuff though, not some rag tag of clothing. Tasteful. In keeping. And so forth. Maybe not on the same level of you, properly born woman, but suitable for my ilk." She cocked only an eyebrow at Zandelia, "Says the one who earns more than I. Are you sure you do not love their shine more?" Her tone was teasing, and it was with a sweep of the gaze forward that she continued to look, "I may have a clear out of things as well, get rid of the tattered when I can. When we're more settled and things."

"Oh, it is a very acquired taste,"
she continued, "I'm not sure if you will have the courage to partake in its taste or potency. No doubt you will keel over out of shock before it even manages to touch your lips. I myself am partial to it, so I will make sure to have your glass not go to waste."

"I look forward to your input in that regard,"
she gave a small nod, "Books, books indeed. I think the library holds copying services there for a price. And a writing set, I can work something out about that. Get the right tools for you for your work." It was then she simply let the woman lead them back through the streets - allowing the idle pausing to browse and peruse the various goods. She gave only a hum to the mention of jewellery, her own ideas flickering through at what she could consider, "Surprise you? Very well. Surprise I shall. When you least expect it. Until then, you will have to simply practice patience."

With the woman released as they approached the general store, it was Fallon who kept her eyes ahead on the situation, the mental list of things she wanted to get both for herself and for their new home tickling through her mind. So, leaving the woman to wander around and browse on her own accord, so did Fallon. Eyes blinked as they adjusted to the lighting, her form moving as she flickered through the various goods. She gave only a quick nod in greeting to the shop keep before she dipped and ducked towards some promising goods.

"I did say there were big on the drink, not much food but alcohol keeps for longer," she gave a shrug, "Zeltivans generally like to try and have food that keeps, or can be dried, make it last because there's only so much in terms of supply." Her own hand reached up to grasp upon a bottle of kelp beer, a peer in of the contents before she moved on once more. With her attention moved onto other supplies, the sloshing of liquid sounding behind her with her steps. Flicking through the various other essentials that could be gathered - a kettle and tea cups being the next on the mental list, and then the gathering of various other pieces for more personal reasons.

From there, the various other important bits were brought together, she was still collecting them even as Zandelia made her own purchases and packed them away in her bag. It was only after several more chimes of juggling various articles in her hold that she managed to place them down upon the side, pay, and begin the process of loading things up. Rope was gathered and neatly tied in a bundle, the other pieces tucked away for now out of sight to be contended with later. While there were a few other things she would have paused to consider, now was not the time to think about them too closely - besides, she had what she believed to be the necessities.

"I'm done, for now," She gave a nod to her partner, and hitching the additional clunking weight of the load onto her back, she gave a point, "So, fish and fountain, right? Onwards then!" she placed a hand upon the shoulder and guided her out, "Down to the fish market we go! Come on, this way." It was with that she guided the woman in the general direction, feet leading, hand lowering down to tap against the other's and then withdrawing - it was cumbersome with the additional weight of the backpack upon her. Still, the bodies turned and throbbed, the sunlight twisting over head as they day went on. Even as they closed in on the fish market, did the chorus of noise grow up as the merchants tried to sell their wares, the stench hitting them firmly. Water swirled below, the scent of smoke and salt tickling at her as she closed in. She gave only a tap upon the woman's shoulder then.

"Wait here, I'll be right back okay?" There was only a flash of a smile before she was off between the stalls and making a beeline for the tiny stall in the middle of all the vendors. It was there she found what she was here for, the small wood burning grill and the man who served it - cooking whatever catch came his way. With only a quick exchange of coin, was she offered the two skewered and grilled mackerel, smothered in salt with a sweeter scent coming from them. With only a dip away she was off once more clutching the ends tightly as she returned to Zandelia. She spoke with a grin, "Food's up! Pick one while they're still hot."

receipt :
Weapon harness - 5gm
Scabbard, container - 6gm
Scabbard, dagger (knife) - 2gm
Rope, Hemp 50ft - 1gm
(Hunting) Knife- 0.5gm
Sharpening stone, personal - 10gm
Waterskin - 1gm
Linen, 2 sqyard - 2gm
Thread, spool - 0.05gm
Sewing Needle - 0.5gm
Candle - 0.01gm
Honey - 0.1gm/pt
Iron Kettle - 0.8gm
Iron cups, 6 oz (x4) - 0.03 x 4 = 0.12gm
Glass Jar, 8 oz - 0.5gm
Tea leaves - 0.2gm/pound
Smoked/Grilled fish, 1lbs - 7gm
Grand total = 36.78gm
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

New City. New Start.

Postby Zandelia on March 18th, 2015, 12:14 am

It was a merry day so far she reasoned as she awaited Fallon's finishing of purchase. She could not see everything that was bought but there were a few items which were familiar and one which seemed out of place given their new start at life. She raised an eyebrow at the rope, it was a large amount for a place that required it not. The tea, however, brought the smile of a fond memory at their first meeting, when her defences had been proven worthless thanks to Fallon's mark, though it had not been known at the time that she was cheating. Truthfully though she saw some items that she considered she should have probably purchased but there were other days, days where she could haul whatever she so desired back to their new home.

“Fish and fountain, sounds like a tavern. Maybe we should open one of the name?” she responded as they exited the goods store and went back out into the world.

Fallon had seemingly transformed since their day had begun, from an almost lifeless stone which tried so hard to plaster on a veneer into one who was genuinely enjoying themselves. She supposed, as they weaved through the crowds, that she should have taken credit for that. It never failed to surprise how a little nudge here and there seemed to help steer into the waters of merriment. She was such a playful woman, always looking for a way to become it again. She had to give a chuckle as she was bid to wait as she disappeared into the masses, seeking something of a secret perhaps. She waited patiently, gazing about at the sailors and fishmongers. The life's blood of the city most assuredly, even she could tell that and she had been there as short a time as any.

But more than that, the key to making any plan such as the one Fallon wove possible. We need to know how to sail, that requires the help of men such as these. Men with the experience and knowledge to pass it on to us. Perhaps, in a handful of days, I shall pay them a visit. See what can be gleaned she mused to herself.

Then the coalescing return of her partner occurred, out of the bodies as if by magic and sporting two steaming pieces of fresh food. The smell was what greeted her first, overpoweringly salty and yet possessed of an attractive meatiness. She didn't know either of the fish from another though they looked slightly different, another gap in her knowledge that would require filling. She took up the mackerel and held it gingerly between her fingers. She regarded it, a large meal to sate her appetite. She sniffed it deeply and smiled, it was a damned sight better than Sunberth food in aroma. She brought it to her mouth, tongue tip slipping out and finding it hot indeed. She blew upon the tip before biting into it deeply. Juices dripped over her chin as she took of her first piece, chewing and savouring the flavour. A cross between tender steak and seaweed but definitely delicious. There was a satisfied sound as she swallowed the morsel.

“You know...if this is Zeltivan food I think I could get used to this place. Sunberth only had bowls of non-determinable meat. But this...this is lovely. Thank you” she greasily kissed Fallon's cheek and took another bite.

“Definitely better than ship food. I dare say if they make soup here I could drown myself in it!” she confided with a food-filled grin, “now! To our other business. Then the fountain you mentioned. I believe that my woman does not have an acceptable chair!” she declared as she began to walk through the various stalls and buildings.

It took a short while, by which time she had consumed half of the best meal she had had in days, but soon enough they came upon a stall offering furnishings of a decent craft by her eye. Various items could be seen but she had come with a few specific requests in mind. Perusing the wares she saw what she was looking for. She gestured to Fallon at two chairs with high backs and well carved arms, even a decent amount of padding thrown in underneath a dark red fabric. She pulled out her gold and counted it out upon the counter as soon as she was sure Fallon was happy, writing down their address hurriedly. She was about to leave when something else caught her eye, a smaller item upon a rough table. Exquisitely shined with such care, a chest with a key lock and bright steel hinges. She opened it inquisitively and found it contained not an open space but various drawers and compartments, some of which folded out with a little encouragement. It had a raven upon the lid and she wanted it. She counted out further coin and added it to her order.

“Anything else you like?” she asked Fallon with a grin, it was a good day indeed.

Purchases :
2x Armchair, Good – 16gm
Haut Bois, High Quality, Lock Average, Key Average – 100gm

Total – 116gm
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Next