Of Romances and Fish (private)(closed)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Of Romances and Fish (private)

Postby Akiva Korvashi on September 3rd, 2010, 2:43 pm

Akiva watched quietly as Keorvic took the fish off of the hook and let it dangle in front of her. She pulled the pole back behind her shoulder again, just as he had taught her, and cast it forward again, toward the lake. She was careful not to her herself in the back of the head with the hook, as Keorvic had warned earlier. She wasn't sure it would hurt very much, but she would rather not risk it. She also didn't want to hit Keorvic with the hook, she wasn't sure if he would be mad at her or not. The bobber landed a good distance from the shore, slightly farther than her last cast, and stayed there on the surface, unmoving for the most part except to bounce lightly as a small wave came to shore. She tied the pole down again, just as he had done before and looked back to him. "How's that, master?"
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Words: 89178
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2010, 10:14 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Keorvic on September 9th, 2010, 12:50 am

Keorvic grinned and nodded. "Very good, you pick this up very quickly." he was quite pleased with how fast his Kelvic consort was picking up the skill. He wondered how she would do if the fish didn't bite though. house cats are notorious, even to half-Vantha fishermen, for being easily bored. He honestly hadn't expected a fish to bite that quickly. even so, the real difficulty of fishing is whether or not you have the patience for it.

Yawning, it struck him that it was indeed still near to the middle of the night. He leaned back and settled down to get confortable. "And now we wait." he sputtered and sat up. "Wait wait wait, Master? what do you mean by that?"
Keorvic
Ask me about my scar

Words: 64206
Joined roleplay: June 17th, 2010, 3:48 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Akiva Korvashi on September 9th, 2010, 2:18 pm

Akiva grinned shyly, she had thought he would have known by now what she wanted from him. "It is my way, as a Kelvic, or so they say, to want a master. I suppose they are right, the ones who say this, because I do. And as such, I have chosen you for this role. I hope you don't mind." She said, turning her attention to the moon. She was in a lethargic state, as she usually was before a nap. It would probably soon be time to sleep for the night, she was sure tomorrow's journey would take a bit out of even her energy reserves, let alone Keorvic. "Are you tired, love?" she said in her sweet voice, edging closer to him again.

The wind was a little chilly now, but not so much. It was nearing the fall, but there would still be a good bit of summer left until then. She was sure it was the water that was changing the air like this, being that water usually made everything colder and more evil. But water did produce fish, which was a good thing. And it did attract Keorvic for some reason she wasn't really sure of. Maybe he was drawn to fish as she was, which wouldn't surprise her. They tasted so good. She cuddled up against him for warmth. If she were in her cat form this wouldn't have been a problem, yet for some reason he much preferred her in her human form. Tonight would be a long one, if this is what they were going to do all night.
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Keorvic on September 11th, 2010, 3:14 am

Keorvic considered the implications of what Akiva had just said as she snuggled up against him. If he was her master, then he felt that it was more than just a one way relationship. He had been an apprentice for a little while back in Whitehold, but the man teaching him had died mysteriously before his apprenticeship could be completed. During that time he had first felt resentment as he was pretty much the slave of the old man, doing all sorts of minor tasks that had nothing to do with carving. As he grew older, however, he had come to realize that the old man was also taking time to teach Keorvic life skills besides just carving, as well as providing food and shelter and clothes for the growing boy (which considering the fact that he had grown like a snowdrift in a blizzard, had been no easy task.) A few weeks before his master's death, he had asked the old man about this, and the old man had taken the question very seriously.

"Young man, the relationship of master and apprentice is a complex one. It isn't just that you do whatever I say. I am wholly responsible for you. I am wholly responsible for your future. I must teach you everything I possibly can in the short time we are together. I must prepare you for the world."

Those words rang through his mind. Granted, this relationship was very different than the one he had before, but he was now Akiva's master. She was his responsibilty in every way, and he would have to take care of her. As he thought about it, he realized that he was already willing to do this, was already doing this.

He grew somber as he turned to Akiva, and as his eyes alighted on her beautiful naked form, his somberness was completely shattered, as was his train of thought. "Yeah um, no. No I don't mind. And I'm er, not really that tired. I just thought I would lay back and uh..." he trailed off, not sure what else to say. Suddenly another thought came to him, like a flake of snow settling on bare skin. "I am honored you would choose me as your master, and will do everything I can to be worthy of that." he burst out. It felt like the right thing to say.
Keorvic
Ask me about my scar

Character sheet

Postby Akiva Korvashi on September 11th, 2010, 10:49 pm

Akiva looked over at Keorvic, her eyes furrowed in confusion. "It's...really not that big of a deal. I mean, basically I'll just follow you around. It gets lonely without someone to follow. You don't really have to treat me like a pet or anything." She winked slyly at him, "though it would be nice if you did anyway. And that way, we can spy on people in taverns and stuff. You can sneak in there and act like a normal person, and I can come in with you as your pet cat, and pretend to sleep in your lap, then when our target leaves the tavern, we can follow them and....do whatever we want to with them, like spy people do. Yes, we should do that." She smiled thoughtfully, it was a fantastic idea, she loved playing spy-cat games.

She looked over to the fishing pole, anxiously awaiting another fish to bite, but the fishing pole remained unmoving. Even the breeze did not alter the state of the fishing pole. Akiva sighed, bored already of the tediousness of fishing. Maybe this wouldn't be as easy as she first had thought. Images of fish layed out before her in a banquet flowed through her mind, reminding her of why exactly she was doing this. She was okay with being bored if it meant getting all of that for her efforts.

Music would help to pass the time as they fished, if it wasn't too loud for them. She didn't think that a pretty tune would scare them away, after all, she never played very loudly. She moved over to her pack, getting her wooden flute from it, and sat back down beside Keorvic.
"Do you think I could play a song for you? Or would that scare the fish away?" She asked him, looking over at him hopefully. For a Kelvic, she was oddly interested in music. She didn't think that it was quite normal for her kind to like music like she did, and especially to learn to create it, but she didn't particularly care about what was normal. She liked to play, and she liked the beautiful sounds she could produce.
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Keorvic on September 12th, 2010, 1:07 pm

Keorvic smiled at the Kelvic's light hearted response. It was typical of the girl to take everything lightly. He had trouble shaking the feeling that it was a huge responsibility, but figured that was something to worry about in the future. Right now he seemed to be able to make her happy, and that's all that really mattered. "Hah! okay, I will do my best. As for the spy games, we shall see. I'm not very good with that sort of thing, and it might get us in trouble with people." he thought for a moment. It did sound kind of fun, and he did like finding things about of people. "as far as the music goes, I would love to have something to listen to. I think as long as you play quietly, the fish shouldn't be too worried." he grinned to himself. it had been a fun night.
Keorvic
Ask me about my scar

Character sheet

Postby Akiva Korvashi on September 12th, 2010, 1:23 pm

Akiva smiled and lifted the flute to her lips. At that same moment, however, the pole began to bounce again, and the bobber submerged and popped back up to the surface over and over. It was a fish. She knew that if she spoke it would get away, so she didn't. She took the pole from where it had been tied down and reeled the fish in just as she had before. This one was a bit tougher, maybe it was a shark, she thought. After a silent stuggle on her part, and probably a desperate attempt to escape by the fish, she reeled the fish into the air, letting it hang there for a minute before pulling it back to shore. This one was nearly twice the size of the one she had caught before. She wanted to jump up and down and make noises, but she was afraid that she would lose the fish and scare away the ones left in the water. She took the fish off of the line and handed it to Keorvic to deal with while she set the fishing pole up again.

Sitting next to Keorvic again, she picked up her flute again and began to play a soft and solemn song as she watched the moon and the stars. The night continued on and slowly faded into day as the morning sun rose, and there she would be sitting, playing through the sunrise with her love.

End
Akiva Korvashi
Hunter in the flesh

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Of Romances and Fish (private)(closed)

Postby Ataraxia on October 29th, 2010, 7:02 am

Akiva
XP
Rhetoric + 3, Seduction + 2, Observation + 2, Fishing + 3, Musical Instrument: Flute + 1
Lore
Go armed, or not at all | Accepting human nature | Fear of water | Being taught how to fish | Learning the dangers of a fish hook | Choosing a bondmate

Keorvic
XP
Rhetoric + 3, Stealth + 1, Fishing + 2, Teaching + 3
Lore
Recognizing Innuendo | Taking it slow in a relationship | Teaching someone to fish | Explaining the dangers of fish hooks | Remembering the meaning of being a master

Comments
Hey, this was kind of a cool thread. A seemingly normal fishing lesson turned into a pretty important moment for both characters. Akiva's obsession with fish was pretty amusing too. :) If you guys have any questions/issues with the XP or Lore awarded, don't hesitate to send me a message. I'll entertain any requests you guys make regarding the awards for your thread.
Ataraxia
It's like nirvana, but not really.

Words: 49327
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2010, 6:25 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Trash Medal (1)

Previous