PM to join New City. New Start.

(Zandelia) Getting used to a new city and finding their feet.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

New City. New Start.

Postby Fallon on March 20th, 2015, 7:50 am

"Open up a tavern? You can run it, I have my own things to content with," She gave only a flicker of a smile in answer to the woman's previous question. With it taken, Fallon took herself to simply following once more. So easy and comfortable to slip between leading and being lead, a constant movement and twist of positions that thrummed between the pair. It was the way they were, no single one ever leading completely and truly, though quite willing to give each other the suggestive nudge towards a more desired route. And in this occasion Fallon was quite content in the position she was in. Her partner was pleased, smiling and leaving the residue upon her own cheek - which Fallon quickly wiped away the glimmering greasy mark. Her lips gave their own curl, watching the woman enjoy what was granted to her with her mouthfuls obviously pleased with it.

Fallon herself took a slower pace eating, while there was hunger she had felt her appetite of late going back and forth - sometimes being unbearable, other times being absent. There was smaller pulls and nibbles at the white flesh, the tongue occasionally darting out to lick around the lips and the slight lean forward to avoid various juices from splashing down her front. Her eyes gave only a flicker to Zandelia, "Fish is Zeltiva's strong point. They gain a lot of it in the bay and it turn it becomes their main diet. Other foods however... they are harder to come across. Meats are a luxury here, least, that's what I remember. The rest? Mostly rationed and carefully stored. I advise not doing anything stupid involving the stores."

It was with a pinch of either end of the skewer that Fallon continued her gnawing at it, steadily chewing her way through it whilst the rest of her goods clinked and clunked around her. For the most part however, she simply left Zandelia to it, occasionally giving an inspecting lean to see what she was doing, "Don't worry, I'll make sure we have enough food. You do like to have your appetite sated after all. And other things."

Her eyes followed the point of the fingers, withdrawing and swallowing the small mouthful she had taken as she watched. She had seen the arm chairs, her eyes following the shape and form of it. She could almost imagine herself collapsing into it after a day of work, the fire warm, the boots removed, the gentle lapping of idle voices and drink allowing her to relax into the evening. There was a brief bend down to study it, but distinctly kept her hands away from it - she did not want to get dirt upon it from her current state, "That is an acceptable chair. Or chairs I should say," her eyes gave a flicker to the partner chair and then nodded, "If that's what you want to get, I shan't stop you. Seems you are set on it anyway." She left the woman to it, returning to her nibbling as she looked away, shifting briefly away as her partner went about handing over the necessary coin. Taking another bite she simply took in her surroundings, a small hum vibrating from her throat.

"Impulse buying now Sunshine?" Fallon raised an eyebrow at her, catching the grin in her gaze and then shaking her head, "I don't need anything else. Though," she gave a tug at her bag straps then, and let them distribute easier across her shoulders, "I'd like to get rid of this load sooner rather than later. And maybe..." Her eyes gave a glance upwards then, "Enjoy the weather. The day. Or perhaps..." she let the thought drift away, "Moving on. I'd like a smile," Her head gave an incline away and gave a directing nod in the direction she vaguely remembered the fountain was in. Whether or not that would be the case she did not know, "And to spend the day with you. And the afternoon. And the evening." She stopped her gnawing of fish to allow her words to come forth and process, "And the night. And to wake up in the morning next to you... I'm not too fussy." There was a dip in her step as she found herself taking the lead once more, the remaining carcass of the fish being slowly picked at.

It was only as she brought them to the fountain that she allowed the slower pace to allow the view to sink in. There was a reason it was referred to as Cascading Harmony, and while perhaps it was not to her tastes, she could still admire it. Tucked away yet close to the centre of the city itself, the water flowed freely from its spouts around the various icons that adorned it. Stone, carved in and a symbol of hope to the people - depending on how you viewed it. It was with a sweep of the hand as she came in closer that she presented it, and gave a stop by the edge of the fountain itself, "And here is the fountain. I know nothing on it, I think the male carving is supposed to represent Laviku though. Not so sure on the lady however."

With a perch upon the edge, Fallon's eyes gave a glance down to the rippling surface, reflection staring back and the glinting of the previously tossed coppers lying still at the bottom. She waited for a few silent moment, the remains of the carcass being twiddled in her fingers as she thought to herself. It was slower, in a more gentle tones that she spoke then, "You enjoying yourself, my love?"
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

New City. New Start.

Postby Zandelia on March 22nd, 2015, 1:44 pm

It was with a sad yet satisfied sigh that the last of the fish was bitten from the charred stick and chewed thoughtfully, slowly as the salted taste was savoured for as long as could be savoured. She held onto to the wooden skewer though, tucking it into the strap of her pack and continuing upon her way as Fallon spoke, licking the grease from her fingers and rubbing her mouth with the back of her hand. She was painting a lovely picture, a picture of simple enjoyments to be shared. Such was the truth laying behind the words that a small patch of crimson tinted her cheeks, she was pleased of course but still they burned. She did, however, let the grin slip across her face that was forcing its way through.

“Then I think I can live here indeed, fish is nice. And apparently they have different ones too. I think I even saw some sort of shelled thing as we walked. I have travelled many places but sea food has been lacking outside of ship soups” she stated, mouth twisting at the memory of those terrifying creations.

“I am not the only one to like being sated my dear, I have evidence of that. Hopefully, for your sake, it won't need to come out in one of the courts I hear are dotted around the city,” she nudged the woman with her hip gently, “I hear wolves do love to gorge themselves after all. Then sleep. Natural cycles hmm?” she asked tauntingly.

“I do, however, agree that I'd like all of this weight off of my back. You never realize just how much it all weighs until you have to travel. If we travel again I demand adequate storage. I'm not carrying everything everywhere. From now on no more sudden leaving, we travel in style” she spoke but towards the end her words grew further apart and softer in volume.

They had found their way to the fountain and it was beautiful, almost demanding some hushed appreciation – if only for a moment. She had known of master works of art, in stone and wood and more, yet this was beyond that she was sure. It's exquisite lines, the way the waters cascaded over the stone forms purposefully, heightening the dramatis of the scene. She didn't understand it but she knew quality when she saw it. She walked around it slowly, circling it in admiration, and etched it into her memory. It was quiet here too she noticed, a veiled hush dulling the furore of the city proper and leaving the area around the falling waters a refuge for the peaceful. She saw many couples, old and young, along with small children and families. It was truly a place for sentimental gathering. She found her way back to Fallon and took her hand once more as she just watched the waters fall, listening to the steady yet delightful sound.

“The Lady in the waters, the river. I don't know Laviku but I know Tanroa when she's here. They had some carvings in Nyka. Remarkably similar actually. Always with the water, river of time or some such. Strange though how she huddles, as if she is subject to it too. Never seen the Gods made to look so powerless but at the same time more beautiful. A lesson for us all, perhaps. Smile” she smiled deeply as she looked at her.

“I think, judging by the coins in the waters, we are supposed to wish,” she pulled out a gold miza from her belt pouch and balanced it upon her thumb, “care to make a wish?” she asked, leaving it a few moments before flicking the coin into the depths, watching its distorted form fall and eventually disappear.

It was then that she just took a few moments to enjoy the company, the quiet and the beauty before her. The Fountain of Cascading Dreams she saw from the plaque, dreams indeed required somewhere to be appreciated and hoped for. It seemed appropriate that it existed in a city seemingly untouched by troubles and destructions – for the most part. A peaceful place seemed to be the only place where dreams could flourish, or be found anew. She had made her own wish in silence, that she would find a new dream and that she would be able to steer Fallon through her troubles, without losing her.

She sat then, unpacking the paper bags of nuts she had purchased and offering them up to Fallon before pulling her down to sit. She nibbled as she leant against the woman, watching the waters and wondering whether their lives were like the waters, cascading and fragmenting until, finally, they found peace somewhere in some pool. It seemed to be a metaphor for her life so far, place to place and dashing upon stones and troubles. Not so much now since she had found Fallon but still troubled, they had lost Sunberth after all – a sadness that she would feel for some time, an anger also. She did not know how long they spent simply watching, thinking, but it must have been a decent chunk of time as when her attention snapped back from the internal there were different people around them. She gently tugged Fallon's hand.

“I think it is time to grant you your wish, the day with me. Falling asleep and then waking. All of it. Fussy you are not, I haven't even done anything with my hair. But I fancy we could round off our day with something that appeals to you. Would you like to go back home now?” she asked, a slow curling of the lips growing across her face.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

New City. New Start.

Postby Fallon on March 22nd, 2015, 5:10 pm

"Good, I am glad," she looked back to the woman then, lips curled up into a smile, her eyes lifting to glance upon her partner. Fallon gave another wipe of her finger tips upon her trouser leg, the juices finally sticking in and away from her hold. Her eyes gave a glance to the tint upon her partner's cheeks, a brief lick of her lips as she considered the other. It was with the smallest leans in that, she let her lips brush upon her partner's cheek. Her own shade matched quickly, "We shall have much fun here me thinks. No?" She gave only a flicker of glance down to the nudge and playful tones, "Oh, I am quite aware. Can you blame me when there is so much to taste and devour however? She tapped the other's lips, "I heard cougars are the same. Devour everything in their path and then collapse exhausted."

It was fun, foolish flirting and little prods here and there at the others defences. She withdrew, taking her lean back against the fountain as she watched the other mull about her thinking, simply enjoying herself in the moment. The day had gotten brighter and lighter as it had gone on, and now it left her only the small satisfying sounds that filtered around her. Her own throat gave a hum, light and easily smothered - but it was there, trembling in noise and sound. Hands placed themselves down upon the stone side, a glance back to the statue once more as she considered it for who it was, "So Tanroa strikes once more? How like her. Perhaps water is her thing, and perhaps it is suitable she is paired up with Laviku in this instance." She shrugged, she did not know the answer nor the mind of the creator of it. Her brow gave a raise to the coin, but she pushed a smile into place as per the request of her partner, "Wish? I suppose so? If you wish to wish, I will not stop you.

Such an easy act it was, an idea that tickled upon the senses and lured the mind into partaking in the idea. She watched her partner line herself up to toss the coin in, allowing the calmness of the situation control it and allowed time to pass by, ebbing and flowing like the waters besides them. Her mind briefly flickered back to Sunberth, the loud nature and lacking of care that consumed it - her lungs tightened for a moment over the memory before dropping away back into the flow. Her eyes blinked, her own hand rummaging into her pocket for a Miza - she had to copy, it was the correct thing to do, was it not? With a flick of her own coin, she followed after it as it plopped into the water - disappearing beneath the depths and out of sight. Her gaze only slid to Zandelia then, the small tint of her cheeks as the only wish that came forth in her mind was to ensure their companionship continued - stand together against the world no matter what cost may come their way.

It was at the fountain they sat, the occasional small crunching of nuts sounding between them as they existed in simple companionship for a while. For the moment however there was little more than idle leaning, the closeness between them being temporarily satisfied as they simply took in the moment in idle thought. There was a gentle tap of fingers, her throat letting out that low hum of noise once more as she drifted off into thought and allowed the world to continue on around them. Her own gaze had focused into the depths of the waters themselves, eyes glazing over until she felt the tugging upon her hand.

At first she did not register it, so lost she was in her own thoughts. And when she did finally come forth it was slow, as if being drawn out from a day dream. She felt the tugging once more, insistent this time as she looked down upon it. She blinked, watching the lips curl and grow upon her partner's face and the brief nudge of words that suggested heading home. It was slowly she nodded, "Yes. Home sounds wonderful. Finish everything up... settle in, job well done, relax." she gave a tap upon her own back then, "Tea as well. Yes?"

It was with a push off that she took her partner's hand once more, the small gentle nudge of shoulders as she took the winding steps back to their home. And as they did, did the sky begin to darken with the light, the late afternoon streaking out into the evening colours - of reds and purples darting across the azure. The bodies began to grow less, the small tell tale lights of houses beginning to glow within their homes. That precious lighting that was needed to keep things going. And with it, she pressed her feet onwards, "Might get some lanterns on when I get back. Or something, get some light in there. Good idea?" It was as they approached that Fallon began to hook around for the key once more, summoning it out from an inside pocket. There was a press of it into the hole, the click as the latch was lifted and the pair entered once more. It was with a sigh she simply lowered her back down with a clunk to the floor.

Arms stretching out, she quickly moved on through trying to locate any old stores of oil and lanterns that had been left. Drawing out an old dusty contraption, there were a few swift blows upon it before she tugged the wick through. With a few more moments of further scrabbling she topped it up with oil and proceeded to going about igniting it. The warm glow flickered into life, bathing the downstairs in a glow. Standing she placed threw the scraggly remainders of the fish into the empty hearth, before continuing her way back to Zandelia - with merely a glance back to the room. It was a pause she took in her partner, "So, where do you want to start then? Upstairs or downstairs?"
FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

New City. New Start.

Postby Zandelia on March 22nd, 2015, 5:53 pm

“I had hoped that you would mention tea, a nice warm drink for the evening before we start on the good stuff” she hefted her packs and pulled them into place with a sigh as her back took the strain.

It was a slow but uneventful journey back to the town house, nothing more than a few more glances here and there met them along the way. It was beginning to grow dark now, not the depths of night but the beginnings of the purple shades in the sky before the full black would conquer. She could see the glowing of lanterns and fires from the windows as they passed them, families getting ready for their supper before settling for the evening. No such simple things for the pair of them just yet she knew but it was nice to not hear a scream of death from just around the corner. It was quiet, if a bit disconcertingly so. Just so the lock clicked and the door was opened. Stepping across the threshold there was a soft smile despite the knowledge of the required cleaning.

“Lanterns, good idea. I've got one in my pack. I'll put it upstairs for later and start on the fire I think. Light's well and good but a bit of warmth wouldn't go amiss” she stated simply before beginning the trek up the stairs and into the bedroom.

It was still quite well lit given the windows, which she opened and wedged into place to help air the room and rid it of the stale, musty clouds of damp and disused space. That done she put her bags upon the bed and stretched out her back with a groan. She took a few moments to test the rest of her body, it was filled with complaints that would need addressing, but later. She rifled through her backpack and pulled out the lantern, it still had enough oil within to keep it lit for an evening. She would need to purchase a larger store quickly if it were to remain usable. Still she lit it after a few tries and made sure it was secured and closed before hanging it from a hook upon the wall. Its glow rippled across the walls, enough to lend light to see by but hardly fully illuminating.

“Right, fire time,” she grabbed her flint and steel before descending the stairs below, cloths for cleaning in her other hand, “windows open upstairs, getting some air in. Bit of light too. As for what next...let's see. Must be some things of use around somewhere” she moved into the room and towards the back where she had spied a small door. She opened it cautiously and peered within, light faintly told her of the success.

“Aha! Brooms. Well, two brooms. Some other things which I'm not sure that I know. Looks like housekeeping items though. Here we go” she pulled the two brooms out and leant them against the wall before closing the door, “think we should leave that little nook for later, looks awful in there. At any rate, I have cloths and we have brooms. Enough to make things decent enough with I'd think” she spoke chirpily, there was something to be said for making one's home clean and tidy.

“I'll start on the surfaces and get the fire going, should get down here done first. Move upstairs so when we're done we can collapse in bed no?” she asked.

With that she approached the hearth and began to sort through it, there were a few dry logs within but the rest of the stores for an evening were found in a metal bucket to one side. She hummed a little tune as she set about brushing the charcoal box clear, pulling it out from underneath the logs and taking it to the window, there to tip into the street to be blown away by morning. Leaving the window open she returned to the hearth and set about placing the kindling as required and soon enough the rhythmic striking of flint and steel could be heard, between mutterings and humming as she tried to get the flames to take. It took longer than expected but with some encouragingly steady breaths. When she was satisfied she pushed herself up, watching the glow grow and take, rubbing her face and leaving smudges of ash.

“There, warmth is begun!” she declared before leaving her tools upon the stones and she took up her cloths.

Starting in the kitchen so that she was not in Fallon's way she wet the cloths so that they were damp and was somewhat appalled by the fact that as she started to clean the difference between the two sections was pure and visible. She shook her head and kept at it, smooth circular motions to clear the main areas with one cloth and then more methodical swipes from side to side to finish it off and clean the edges of the furniture. It was like a little dance, both working at their tasks and staying out of each others way whilst still managing to get their jobs done. She supposed she shouldn't have been surprised. They had fought beside each other more times than she could count, perhaps it was some latent ability that existed now for all matters.

She was so focused upon her own activities, arms growing tired and complaining after a time, that she was not even sure what Fallon was doing. She only knew that she heard the swishing of cleaning. Sweeping she supposed.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

New City. New Start.

Postby Fallon on March 22nd, 2015, 8:53 pm

For the most part Fallon left the woman to it. She heard the steps as she descended up the steps and proceeded to get the light going above. It was downstairs that Fallon herself got to work, a small frown as she contemplated the best move in order to clean up the room. To begin with - she reasoned - would be clearing what space she could through moving and stacking what was there. Pulling off her coat and her gloves, she hung it up by the door, ensuring it was firmly closed when she was there. With an approving nod, the woman proceeded to roll up her sleeves and get to work. Sliding open the front window, fingers curling beneath and raising it a few precious inches from the base and securing it in place. Brushing off she moved to the benches, pulling them forth and peering down the back in curiosity. With a gentle lift she gave herself a foot gap as her partner thundered her way back down the stairs.

"Good call," Fallon said on the subject on the opening of windows upstairs. Her hands were working at brushing the tops of the benches off with her bare hands, "Hope so too, else I'm going to have to improvise. And that could get interesting in itself." She blew upon her hand, then clapped them together to free the excess dust that had gathered there, "Two brooms are better than no brooms." Moving over to them, she took them up, her brow creasing as she considered them over. Her lips pursed into a line then, a glance over to the benches as thought ticked over. It was only when Zandelia spoke up once more that she gave a nod in agreement, "Good idea. Very good. Oh, remind me to go out and get some more lantern oil in the morning. And some more lanterns. Guess I should have gotten some today in hindsight. Collapsing on the bed when done though? That sounds like a good idea." She shrugged, "Think we're gonna need tea to keep us going until then though."

There was a lot of empty space she reasoned as she stepped about - but soon it would be cleaned and dealt with. But how on earth could she get through something so quickly. There was a clap when the fire leapt into life, the faint hissing crackle as her partner continued on past back to the kitchen. With a bash of the broom against the floor she considered where to actually begin. Humming her own tune she thought to herself. Fallon had always been brought up with the idea that many hands made light work. So while Zandelia was dealing with the kitchen - and cutting down part the work -, Fallon took on a different tactic of doing her share.

Kneeling down on the bench, legs up on the wood she relaxed. A deep inhale, she focused herself. Drawing in upon her djed, she plucked upon the weave within her legs. Pulling tugging, a further exhale as she felt the sensation channel and pulse through her, trembling as she continued to feed it. A deep inhale, she let her hands rest upon her knees, finger tips gently massaging in as she focused herself upon the sensation. It was bit by bit, slowly but surely dragging the astral out of both legs. An inhale, the cold numb sensation took over from the knee down, leaving her stuck there upon the bench as the projected limbs found themselves. They rippled, turning from the limb shape into tendrils and then splitting down into two - resulting in four projected limbs resting there. With a curl they begun to move, shifting through the air and taking up a broom each and holding them there. It was from there that Fallon begun to work her way around the room - amused by her new use of the magic. Both were taken up easily, and with the brush faced downwards they begun the process of sweeping around the room. Dirt was firstly picked up from the corners and then the edges, digging in and dragging out towards the centre of the room. It was from there that she brought the brooms to opposite ends and begun the slow process of sweeping ever closer and inwards.

It was only as Zandelia continued at her work that Fallon spoke up, making idle conversation, "So, clean up down here. Then have some tea. Then work on upstairs. Collapse and close up... Anything else you want to do?" Her head glanced in the other's direction, a low hum reverberating from her throat, "Any plans now you've seen some of the city for what it is? Or are you just going to continue to tour yourself about for a bit? I know I have a few things I want to do myself." She hummed loudly then, "That's a point, I have your key for here as well. Left it in the coat pocket. I'll get it out for you later." She watched the pile of dust begin to clump together and gather ever closer in the centre as a small mound. With a stamp of the broom she knocked what had gathered there off and begun work at the finer parts, "How is your end looking? Need help?"

Leaning back she remembered the wall was not behind her and so took another option. She leaned down onto her side, jaw resting in the palm of her hand as she watched the brooms continue their work. Within her mind the thoughts were beginning to turn into questions and curiosities, her orbs flickering away to glance upon her partner.
"Zandelia," she begun slowly, choosing out the words carefully as she thought them out, "Do you ever wonder about things? On how things could be completely different if it wasn't for just one chance meeting?"
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

New City. New Start.

Postby Zandelia on March 22nd, 2015, 9:37 pm

“We've got enough for the night, maybe a bit more. Nothing wrong with forgetting it, had other things on our minds after all. I forgot too, after all” she replied between rubs as she finished the surfaces and began to work her way down the side and towards the floor.

She frowned at that, there was a nice, thick patina of dust upon it but there was little she could do about that at the moment. Fallon had taken the brooms and she simply set about doing what she could to make all but the flooring respectable. She had forgotten how hard it could be, certainly doing it every day was liable to give you the endurance of a champion. She could fight all day but cleaning...it was a new creature for her, different in its physical requirements. Arms worked, cloths were wetted, wrung and cleaned as best she could in the bucket of water that was fast turning grey, whereupon it would begin to turn black she knew. She paused at the tea comment, finished with her work as far as the furnishings went. She frowned at the door to the small closet and began to wipe that, as well as around its fixtures.

“Sounds like a good plan to me, sip tea in a newly cleaned room. Can't think of anything better ight now,” she let the cloths falls into the water then before turning, “are...are you? Of course you are. Perks of being an expert practitioner. I hope this isn't in the classes” she smiled wryly at the spectacle.

It certainly looked to be a merry dance, thoughtful too in the fact that Fallon wouldn't end up physically drained afterwards, she had the magical endurance of a horse she knew. She had to laugh at it, the spectacle of a kneeling Fallon as she virtually worried the dust into obliteration. She picked up the bucket and, her job done in one space, moved into the living area and began to wipe where it was possible to do so with stacked furniture. Again it was slow work and as the floor was dusted fully now she pulled the chairs down, wiping them as she placed them upon the floor. The table was next and that took a bit longer but gave way to her stubborn nature eventually. She moved to the windows and gave them a wipe, throwing the used rags outside now for they were too dark to be useful. She had a few left, enough for the bedroom area. She sat then, resting her elbow upon the table as muscle complained and sweat dotted her brow and dampened her hair.

“I think life is full of such meetings. We just don't notice them until they happen, or happen in a big way perhaps. You meet people everywhere, but who knows which one might have the advice that you really need to resolve a crisis? Perhaps around the corner you will bump into someone who would employ you for double what others might, a chance meeting for profit”

“Then...well then are the deeper meetings. I presume you're asking because of us? Because we met by chance almost. That we didn't even know each other but yet still managed to come together, do what we did. Achieve what we did achieve?” she asked with a soft sigh, leaning back with her hands behind her head and looking at the ceiling, eye strafing from side to side in thought, “I think life gives you what you need. You just need to grasp on to it. I don;t have the most favourable ideas upon the Gods...but fate? Luck? Whatever you might call it? It's given me more than much else”

“In our case we were going the same way anyway, so perhaps if not for the meeting in Sahova we would still have met again. Sunberth is a large city but you and move in similar circles. Would it have been the same? I like to think so. But that isn't what truly matters to me. What matters is that I have you, because we did meet. The whyto's and howfore's are irrelevant now, beyond a precious memory. We are here, we are alive and we're damned well going to find a way to excel here too. Why? What do you think about it?” she finished, her fingers had been drumming a beat upon the wood of the table towards the end.

“As for what I plan to do...what I do best. Somehow. I'm going to find someone who really needs a talented watcher and give them everything they want. More if possible. Show myself to be one of the exceptional. Move up in the city, slowly perhaps but surely. Then, I don;t know. Despite my words I have never truly been in a position of real power. I would like to think that I'd use it for betterment” she shrugged then, it was an alien concept that she might one day experience but knew she'd only know what it was like when she did.

“Let me guess what you want to do...open a flower shop?” she grinned then.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

New City. New Start.

Postby Fallon on March 23rd, 2015, 8:25 pm

"Yes I am," Fallon spoke back. There was a waggling point of one of the brooms at her partner, before she continued onto work. With a lean she gave a peer around to the kitchen end, the closer broom creeping ever closer in that direction. It was slowly she begun the process of sweeping that end, gathering up from the corners and chasing after Zandelia's steps as she got to work on the table. Eyes narrowed down, a push as she continued to steadily drip feed the ethereal limb. It was easier, she reasoned as she continued to focus, than the times she was in combat performing such a feat - perhaps it was because of the lower levels of stress, the sharp and focused movements replace with more simplistic ones, the lacking necessity to rush, almost relaxing in hindsight to what she had previously done.

With a raise of the brow she watched Zandelia take her perch at the table, the brooms continuing their motions at ground level as they worked around the room. She gave a sweep out from beneath the table, the dust being dragged ever closer in the direction of the gathering in the centre. It was with the soft smile that she watched the woman, her head nodding as she flexed her own fingers. She continued her soft humming, the fingers gently patting out a tune as she listened. When the questioned turned onto her however, she fell into silence, her mind calculating and formulating her own answer.

"I was just wondering really. On how things would be different if it was not for the little things in life. Like the chance of luring you to I with tea, or the simple gamble over your name, or if you'd..." she pursed her lips when she remembered the hidden blade, the steel that glinted in the light and came all so close to take her life. She gave a shrug then, "Or before that even. When we were younger, when whatever happened, happened. We were split apart, but what about if we were never separated in the first place? Would we have ever stayed in Sunberth? Carving out a living, devoid of magic and gangs and trying to bring change?" She raised her brow then, a low chuckle escaping from her throat, "Would we have even been bed fellows? Would we even be who we are now?"

She scratched at her jaw then, the sweeping momentarily stopping as she gathered her thoughts together. Another bash of brooms and she was once more putting them to work, scrapping up the remains that were left about. Her cheeks gave a small burn, the small peel back of teeth as she looked upon the other properly, "You're right. That's all that matters. We met, we were separated and we found each other again. And when things have tried to pull us apart, well, we've always managed to cling on and hold on." She laced her fingers together then, letting her hands rest upon her lap as she considered the rest of her words, "And for that? I'm grateful. Meeting you, well, it changed me. More I think about it, the more I realise how true it is. Without you, I doubt I would be me anymore. So, thank you, for finding me again and staying with me. And putting up with me. And all the faults and facets that come with it."

She smiled towards Zandelia's plans, it was good to see she had formulated some idea or goal she was going to work herself towards. Working always to pick up the pieces and make things good again. Always so ready to commit herself to a task at hand - a strong willpower to say the least, "It sounds like a good plan. Always aiming for the top aren't you?" She teased, a dart of the tongue peeking out, "And take away your dream of a flower shop? I would not dare to take that from you," with an exhale she gave only a shrug, the brooms halting and trembling. The space had been swept as best as she could manage, and so with a careful ushering out of the room towards the back door, there was a click as she released it out into the narrow alleyway behind the house, "I don't know. In honesty. I'm no leader or someone suitable for a position of power, as you probably noticed in Sunberth. Not that good at running a gang me thinks. I'll probably just try and find normality, knuckle down and work hard, recover, work out this sailing malarkey. Don't think I could do much else now," She had raised her hand then, the cushion of her palm rubbing above her heart. It felt heavy, aching and twisting as if aching.

It was a deep inhale that she let the brooms come to rest against the wall, the tendrils withdrawing back to her, "Upstairs? Or tea now? Tea. I think I left the kettle in my bag. Let me see if I can get it." There was a loud dragging sound as she leaned this time around. Ethereal pulled upon the bag straps, lifting it up and round so it sat beside her. From there it was released, and her hands began to work through the bag. Cups and the kettle were pulled out, as was the honey and tea leaves. Placing them down upon the bench surface she plucked the kettle up once more with the ethereal limb and placed it next to Zandelia, "Can you fill that up please?"

It was from there that she moved onto the rest of the articles she had brought. The weapon harness came out first, the kukri upon the belt she wore being removed, the belt pouch following quickly after. There was a methodical motion as she took the smaller hunting knife she had acquired out from the bag, hands moving as she attached pieces to where she thought was suitable. The belt was slipped round, the buckles and straps being tugged and pulled at until the contents came all together - if not slightly jumbled. It was with a hum that she spoke, her hands wrapping the rope around palm to elbow, before carefully tying it off, "So, back to the earlier subject of spicing things up - have any of your own suggestions yet? Or you still thinking them over?"
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

New City. New Start.

Postby Zandelia on March 28th, 2015, 10:43 pm

“You're welcome my dear, very welcome. Thank you for giving a progressively cynical woman another chance at something better,” she responded warmly, “though you can be grumpy at times. Just like I can be paranoid and melancholic. Especially with a fire to stare into. Watch” she stated as she shifted her gaze to the growing flames, fist supporting her chin, and plastered a pensive frown upon her face.

It lasted but a few moments before she couldn't contain the chuckles anymore, the kettle placed before her, lending her the impetus for a short term goal. She looked at Fallon sideways with a raised eyebrow before she picked it up and carried it to the kitchen area. There was a tank there she had seen, a serviceable stand alone construct with a small faucet of sorts. Placing the kettle beneath it she turned it for a few moments before stopping it and dipping her fingers into the small pool. She brought them to her mouth and gingerly tasted it, testing for anything amiss. It seemed clear enough, if slightly metallic in taste. She filled the kettle dutifully, making a small show of her new house maid status, before manhandling it onto the hook over the flames. She turned to Fallon and curtsied theatrically.

“Any further house hold chores my dear?” she asked with barely a straight face.

She didn't listen for the answer before taking up the package with the tea in it, opening it enough to get what she required out of it and delicately sprinkled it into the kettle. Closing the package once more she placed it back upon the bench and stood, hands on hips as if expecting some applause. In truth she was actually enjoying the small tasks, homely and apart from her usual remit as they were. Some things served to distract, others to provide focus. These, however, were simple pleasures for which she was grateful. A new life required new things and she was willing to try them all until she discovered what ones were hers. She walked towards Fallon then, thoughtful look upon her face.

“I think that's a great idea actually, to just spend some time working. Thinking and doing. Nothing too taxing, just walking through what is required. A calm season. And if you're lucky you'll have tea waiting for you when you come home. I have a feeling that my hours will be more lenient here” she stated as she reached the woman and sat beside her.

She flicked her legs up to rest across the woman's lap as she reclined upon the bench, taking a moment to just relax and be. The sounds of the brooms had gone now, replaced instead with the quiet night time noises of a relatively peaceful city. She fancied, if she tried, she could still hear the waves from afar. The last question had been a surprising one but much appreciated. She truly had no idea how she was going to change her habits, her life, from what it had been. Taking in the evenings of Sunberth had meant visiting taverns and trying not to get killed, msitaken for a whore or both. Zeltiva certainly had more promise yet she knew nothing of the places, the lauded locations or appreciated activities. She would have to do her research before he could offer anything of that nature.

“As for what we do next, there is still a bedroom to clean,” she pouted slightly at that, her arms ached already but it had to be finished if they were to sleep without rasping, “and as for spicing things up we shall see. Behave and you'll find out” she looked at Fallon for a little while then before moving her legs away and eyeing what had been bought.

“Planning an excursion are we?” she asked by way of diverting attention until later as she trailed her finger across the assortment, “so quick to leave. And we just moved in too. And rope?” she asked as she picked on side up and let the loops fall back one by one.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

New City. New Start.

Postby Fallon on March 30th, 2015, 2:52 pm

Fallon watched with an amused raise of the eyebrow, the impersonation to her causing a low hum of amusement to escape. The pensive frown, the gaze settling upon the fire, she shook her head, "You're not scowling enough. More frowning. More." She simply let the laughter rumble out after that, catching the own returned raised eyebrow as she went about her duties - filling up the kettle with water and making a general show, "Oh, there will be plenty of chores in a matter of time," She let the projected limbs move about, offering the cups and placing them to the floor, with the honey in its jar shortly following suit. With a lean back, she watched as the woman stood before her hands on hips expectantly. It was slowly, that Fallon simply clapped, her lips curling upwards into a fixed smile.

"Wonderful, wonderful show," her hands settled upon the woman's legs when she came to sit beside her, fingers gently probing at the muscles with consideration. Her eyes gave a flicker towards her as she spoke, her lips pulling up into a smile as she drunk the image in and took the moment to relax. It was also during such a time that she began the slow and careful process of reattaching the astral to the flesh, that cool sliding into the body, the lacing down and in to where it belonged. It was with a slow sweeping of the gaze that she felt her legs begin their twitching, slowly returning to life as she watched the expression rest upon her. Fingers pressed into the muscle behind the shin, drawing out circles as she did, "Well, depends on the job you have I guess. I mean, if you work in an establishment or a store you'll have a set amount of bells of work. Unless you're going self employed again."

With a shrug she forced her stiffening legs outwards, uncurling them. Numb, there was a grunt as she felt the feet twist and spasm with discomfort and then thud against the floor. With a sigh she gave a glance to her partner, eyes blinking slowly as the other seemed to mull things over. It was with the lifting of the hand she reached it forward to stroke against the cheek, a small lean in closer as the thumb brushed against those lips, "I'll only behave if you behave, surely you knew that already?" A flash of teeth, she pulled away and moved back to her strap pulling. Occasionally she held it up, letting it hang and envisioning where it would rest if worn, before once more moving things round.

"An Excursion? Maybe," she gave a glance to Zandelia then, "If I have free time I might be take up some wilderness work, get back out into the wild and feel it all once more," she gave a shrug then, "Or perhaps just go beach trekking. I would offer for you to come along..." Fallon gave a baleful look to the woman then, peering at her from beneath her brow. There was the smallest wiggle of them, before she moved back to the organising. Across the other side of the room the kettle continued its boiling, slowly and steadily, the gentle scent of tea starting to tickle at her senses, "It probably won't be until later in the season, so don't worry. And yes, rope. It's a useful tool to have, can be used for lots of things. Mainly though, it's so I can tie things up." There was a brief snatch of a glance over to her partner then, "Or people."

She let the rest play upon the woman's imagination then, and turned to present the belt and various things that hung off it to the other. The kukri and the strange container sheath hung on the left side, weapon harness allowing her to strap it securely to the thigh and in place should the belt give. It was over on the right side however that the belt pouch sat, the hunting knife and its scabbard sitting behind the pouch but upon the same belt. It was also there that the length of rope was positioned to securely hang. Fallon beamed, "What you think? Cool right? Imagine it as a raw basics survival kit. Contains the things you may need to survive or something." Her head snapped around to the kettle then as it began to rattle and whistle, "Sounds like it's done. I'll get it."

Tapping her feet against the floor, she faintly felt the sensation through her boots, tentative as she found it. Standing up, she swayed there for a moment, ensuring her balance as she took those uneasy steps over, feet landing heavy in an attempt to return life to them. For a moment she stood before the fire, skin prickling , before gingerly removing it from the heat. The kettle gave a whistle, and returning over she placed it down upon the floor at their feet, before collapsing onto the bench. It was from there she offered the honey over and slowly began pouring out the tea - one hand upon the handle the fingers of the other touching the warm lid as it came forth in a steaming glug, "Well, this brings back some memories."
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

New City. New Start.

Postby Zandelia on April 11th, 2015, 7:45 pm

“I'm sure that I'll find some work somewhere, self-employment didn't seem to work for me. Besides, I only worked alone in Sunberth because there was no other way. There will be someone in Zeltiva who will have need of my skills. Better to have someone to work for, means that I'll be less of a target for once” she responded thoughtfully, it was a subject she had mused upon for a while now.

It had been an important concept to be sure, whether to be a lone agent or part of a larger whole. She was unsure if anything existed as she had envisioned but in a city of politics, as had been described and observed, there had to be something at least of that rudimentary nature. It was in the back of her mind, as she listened and watched Fallon, that she would enjoy working with others of her ilk than alone for once. The idea of an excursion and more cut through her thoughts sufficiently that they were pushed back for the time being and she was brought back into the present.

“Already feeling the need to get into the wild, you are a child of the forest indeed,” she stated with a smile, “very well. I'm sure that some time can be put aside for some exploration. Might get tired of the city after a while. Everything's so clean and pristine it makes my skin itch at times. Need a little grime here and there to stay healthy I think”

She pointedly ignored the comments upon the rope, though she did file them away mentally for future use. An interesting insight, small as it was, into the recesses of her chosen partner. She was about to muse upon it further, perhaps throw out something teasing, when the kettle began to dance its way to completion. As Fallon busied herself with the making of the beverages she toyed with the creation that had been presented moments before. It was a crude but effective set of items she had to admit. Not a stylized and pretty thing designed to show off the wilderness skills one possessed, it was made to go out into the world and get the job done. She wondered, as she pushed it to one side for the cups, whether she could get a special one made for the woman.

“Memories indeed, quite sweet memories actually. When you look back on them in hindsight. At the time I seem to recall that I threatened you a little. Just a tad,” she gave Fallon a guilty look then, putting the rope onto the bench beside her along with the made masterpiece, “perhaps not the best impression. What do you wish to debate this time? Universal truth perhaps? The way a bird soars or a fish glistens?” she asked as she set about mixing her tea to taste.

She breathed upon the surface of the steaming liquid a few times to cool it before taking her first sip with a satisfied sigh. With the sip she fancied that she could recall every detail of that meeting in Sahova. The way Fallon sat, the motions of her arms and even the poking with the kukri to entice the heat further. She had changed since then, in so many ways. They both had. She looked upon Fallon then, her mind working and wondering. She had grown to know her so well, far better than before, yet how often had they settled back into that first time? Had just sat and drank tea? Sunberth had taken so much of those smaller things away from them but now they could reclaim them in the peace of Zeltiva. Ideas filled her mind and a cat-like smile crept around the rim of her cup.

“Can you remember the last time we sat, alone, and did little else? This cup is well earned given our work today. But even that is simple work, nice and mundane. I wondered once if we could ever be mundane. It appears that we can be. Nice, isn;t it?” she asked.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext