PM to join Dress to Impress

(Zandelia) Time to taste Zeltiva's fashion once more.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Dress to Impress

Postby Fallon on March 29th, 2015, 4:42 pm

19th Spring 515 AV
Morning

And so, Fallon self found herself in the same position as she had been a few days ago. Of course, there was differences this time - she was mentally prepared for what was to occur behind those tailor's doors, and that she would have to buckle and allow herself to be put into awkward positions - prodded and poked in a variety of manners. Cleaned up, she had foregone the clothing that looked as if it was about to fall apart, taking a more minimal approach were she could, less was the key word in this case. She kept the kukri on her person however, the belt pouch hanging from her person. Shirt sleeves were rolled up, the hair pushed and pulled back, looking for a good cut and tidy - but that would have to wait until a later date she reasoned as she tried to push the few strands of her fringe away from her eyes.

With a rub of her nose, and a blink she held her paused position outside the tailors. The pair that usually visited the various places in the city together were in this instance apart - and in response Fallon was left waiting, thumbs and fingers twiddling as she tried to not look too out of place. She could, however, already feel the burning glare of the clerk coming from within, piercing through the display panels and scorching at her ego. In response, there was simply a lopsided grin sent back at her, before she continued her practiced patience. It was pleasant weather, not hot with a cool wind coming from the water, and it would be an easy day - she hoped at least. Clothing shopping was not her forte, more so when pins were involved.

Regardless, the mental list was slowly being formulated in her head of what was needed. New shirts, gloves, trousers - she spied a small fraying patch in her knee that suggested that may be a good idea - coat, and almost anything else. It was sigh worthy to say the least, and so, Fallon continued her idle position where she was. Until she could take it no more and chose to make her presence known to the store. The bell chimed as she entered, and she caught the look Yvette gave her from the edge of the store, "So you're back again?"
"That I am,"
Fallon shrugged, taking the slow steps around past the immediate display of dresses and onto things she preferred, having spied them the other day but not had the true opportunity to view - light cottons of blouses and the similar catching her gaze, then of course there was the delicate foot wear for a variety of occasions.
"You could not even afford to be here, I can rec-"
With a push of the hand into her pouch, she gave it a jangle, hinting to the coin that was within, "Do not worry yourself, this scruff is looking to reform herself today. Of course, with your assistance. I have a business to run, as do you. So indulge and help I looking presentable." She gave a step in then, a slow advance as she straightened, voice cleared and unwavering, "An inspector has to look the part after all."

She could see the woman pause, eyes narrowed as if to try and comprehend what Fallon was exactly saying. And in response, Fallon merely laughed, "Come now, we are both women of business. Yours is with fashion and having individuals looking the part, mine is with answering questions and finding clues. So, will you, indeed, help someone such as I look the part - I will make sure to speak with such pride and gusto on the abilities of Yvette and her tailors... should anyone ask."
"I..."
"Or perhaps, you do not want to give services such as I. A disappointment that is, here was I looking to get advice from such as you. I shall hav-"
"I shall help, Madame, with your situation."
"Oh you will?"
Fallon flashed a smile, "Wonderful. Let us see..." Her hand withdrew from the pouch then, her fingers drumming upon her chin, "Well, I am thinking perhaps new boots, and gloves, and shirt, and..."
"Everything?"
"Everything."
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Dress to Impress

Postby Zandelia on March 29th, 2015, 5:45 pm

She was in the mood for some fun this day, she had certain items purchased but others still to acquire for both her cover work and her actual work but she had time enough that she could waste a few Bells in one of her more engaging pursuits – Fallon watching. She was becoming a natural at it these days, better able to read her expressions and body language. However,t here were still a few mysteries that she had yet to have revealed, chief of which being what the most elusive of creatures got up to on her days off. She had always wondered, had in the back of her mind the image of a pipe, a mug of alcohol and a decent book by the fire. As she carefully followed her then, casually walking into groups of citizens for cover here, pretending to be enticed by a cheap locket there, she found herself surprised at the direction taken – there were no taverns where she was being led that she knew of.

What are you up to my dear wolf? Investigating? Looking for some inspiration? Some solace? Or just being nosy, I do know how you love to look around and explore. IS that what you do when you are not working? Just walk and watch? she wondered as she stepped behind a stall as Fallon turned and peered around the corner to see...nervousness?

She wasn't sure of it but she could have sworn there was something off with the woman, the less than confident stance perhaps. Of maybe she was bracing herself for something? Or perhaps she had just thought of something frustrating, truly without being closer there was little she could discover but the fact that she certainly stood out from the crowd. Not just because she thought she was attractive either, it was the way she walked. She carried herself as if she were greater than those around her, and though it had dimmed somewhat since being driven from Sunberth, she still had it, deep in her. She was taking a lesson from that, a rule to live by perhaps. That if you acted a certain way then you were treated a certain way. She had a few new rules to live by of late. She;d have to compile them and write them down at some point, for her own sake.

“Where are you...oooooh...I see. That would explain the nerves. Yes, nerves. I know you some Fallon” she spoke to herself, rounding another group of chatting citizens and being faced with the last place she had expected – a tailor. A high end one though, that she understood.

She slowly followed her once more, watching her disappear within as she approached and shaking her head that even when they were planning separate days, without consulting each other overly much, they were still drawn together by a common need – clothing. She needed quite a few outfits in point of fact, she presumed Fallon was upgrading so as to fit into the idiom of the city better. She approached the door, pushing it open gently, as soundlessly as possible, closing it behind her in the same manner. She took up a stance leaning against the wall to one side as she caught the last of the conversation taking place. Clever to link business with business, even footing and certainly advertising helped. She didn't look particularly noble, the same as Fallon, yet she had enough coin likely to drown this...Yvette.

“Shopping for clothes without my input? For shame, how would anyone know what to show off?” she broke into the stillness after the agreement had been struck.

“Another pauper? You know her?” Yvette all but snapped at her.

“Know her? Oh I think so. Pauper? No. Customer. I have quite a number of specific requirements that I would appreciate being fulfilled without complication. Please. I can pay like the rest of them, I'm probably even more honest too” she stated as she met the woman's gaze, adjusting her eye patch to see if she became unnerved.

“Since when has honesty had anything to do with business?”

“When I work under Madame Anelda, helping people relax and forget the unimportant things. When they are relaxed they remember what's important, what I say usually,” she stated, it was a small bluff but in Fallon's vein of attack previously to imprint the point that they were perhaps less common than was to be believed, “comments upon characters, fashions, prices and competitors. We go on and on”

Yvette, at that point, looked between them and set about muttering to herself, busying her hands gathering what was required, which if Zandelia was being honest didn't know what half of them were. She looked at Fallon with a soft smile, exchanging a look that would have been a wink if she were able to do so. Steeping closer to her companion she crossed her arms and leant in conspiratorially.

“The great Red Wolf, tamed by a tailor. I think there's a play in there somewhere. Speaking of which, I met this darling young man so wonderful at writing them” she nudged her with her elbow slightly then before giggling, “aren't you going to ask me how I found you, wolf dearest?”
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Dress to Impress

Postby Fallon on March 31st, 2015, 9:32 am

There was the smallest of flinches when she heard Zandelia's voice cut through the fraction of silence that loomed over the pair. Her head snapped around and back, a rock up onto her heels as she boggled at the other for a moment, mind ticking over on where exactly she had come from. Her mind stumbled, unable to find a source or flickering of a hint - only to have nothing come forwards. Had she been followed? Or was it mere chance? She raised a brow to her, eyes briefly narrowing, "And here was I thinking I'd be able to surprise you. Alas, plan foiled."

With only a snort of amusement as Zandelia and Yvette had their social standoff, Fallon turned her attention to what she was here for. It was some fine scarves of light wools and cotton that had caught her eye, and so with careful attention she took it between her fingers to study it. Occasionally she gave a glance back, hearing the odd name here and there - the small subtle hints and suggestions as to why the pair should be served. She did not miss the copy cat tones that her partner had copied, though the new name of Anelda gave her pause - an employer, a client or something else? Her hand withdrew, attention shifting to a bold red scarf of cotton and the small swirling flames having been stitched in.

"How you found me?" Fallon rubber her side where the elbow jabbed at her, a small wince as the fingers massaged her ribs. Her cheeks gave a puff, a small creasing of the brow as she stole a glance to her partner, "I'm going to guess you probably started stalking me the moment I left you a note saying I was out - as you were still fast asleep - and set foot out the door. Is it a hobby? Do you not trust I to look after myself on a day off and not partake in mischief?"

With a roll of the eyes she gently tugged the article of interest from the shelf, holding it in her hands as she felt the fabric rest there. There was a moment of opinion searching from Zandelia, before she moved on forth and gently placed it on the counter - folded and crisp. It was during this time that Yvette returned, a variety of tools at hand measuring tape, a notebook in which to jot down measurements as and when required, there was also a few sets of gloves of various materials and patterns in which to choose from. It was then, that Yvette cleared her throat, "Seeing as you are going for a new everything, I am going to require your measurements," She watched the tape tense, before the curling finger pointed towards the back of the store and a slightly more open space, "Stand over there, I will see to your... friend in good time," With a shrug, Fallon followed over, hands in her pockets until Yvette begun her prodding and poking about. It was during this time that the other store clerk made her presence known, sliding out and exchanging a few quick words.

She moved off after that, flittering between the articles - leaving Fallon with a series of questions being thrown at her, "So, as we've established you are not a dress person from your previous visit, I take it some trousers are in the question? And perhaps a nice waist coat? No? A blouse then?"
"Blouse sounds good, maybe a light tunic?"
Fallon managed to answer as she felt the tape shift to around across the top of her bust. She heard the hum of thought, followed by the shifting down to measure her underbust, "I mean, something fitted, less baggy."
"That would be an idea..."
The woman gave a frown as the tape took to her waist, "Show the assets you are obviously hiding beneath this," She gave a tug the collar then, frown turning into a disapproving scowl before she quickly jotted down the numbers and moved onwards, "Form fitting. You have very slender arms, tiny wrists."
"Meaning?"
"You could show them off, I recommend a short sleeve to the elbow,"
She shifted around behind her then, measuring from the nape of her neck and downwards, "Short body, long legs. Interesting..."
"It is?"

"It is,"
She turned her head when the assistant returned, various shirts, blouses and tunics hanging over her arm, she merely held them out for Yvette to inspect before one - she ended up picking out a high collared tunic with a short strip of cording lacing it up, the sleeves cutting off where she had previously suggested. It was with a hold up to Fallon that she slowly nodded and forced her into it on top of her current shirt - from there she pulled upon the pins and tacked it into better shape. It was removed and quickly passed over to the assistant, "Deal with that. Go find those dress trousers too. So, ontop-"
"A coat or jacket maybe? I like leathers,"
she heard a disapproving grunt, "I mean, not all leathers, cuts in, sleeveless, has length?" Her gaze darted around the tailors, "Like a dress coat, layers, colours, material... I..."

It was with a snap of fingers that Yvette moved away then, shifting through the shop obviously looking for something within the store. Fallon craned her neck back to Zandelia, giving the smallest of shrugs before taking a small wander back over to inspect the gloves. She spied a pair with wine coloured knitted cuffs and suede hands stitched in patterns. There was a careful move to one side as she placed them next to the scarf, "How's browsing going for you then?"
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)