Solo The Stable Cleaning Job

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

The Stable Cleaning Job

Postby Garland on October 22nd, 2014, 10:43 am

Fall 30 night time

The air was chilly, the night had fallen fast, after a day of being himself, training, patrolling, being with friends, trying not to get hurt in more than one way. Garland was about to enter the dormitories, intent on crashing into his comfy bed, and be lulled to sleep by the chatter of the night.

Of course, fate had other plans. The young squire saw a familiar old face standing by the door of the dorm. It was the old stable hand, Gunther. Garland wondered what he wanted, he forgotten about the bet he had make a week or so ago.

"Gunther? What's the matter, old man? Problem in the stables?" Garland asked, placing his bag on the ground. "Or did you miss me? You old windbag?"

Gunther gave a hearty laugh, a laugh fit for a man like him. "You wish, greeny." He said and leaned on the wall. "No, I came here because I wanted your company over for dinner." He said in a overly sarcastic tone.

Garland decided to play along. "I would love to come over for dinner! What are we having? Tree bark or a hay bale?" He laughed along with the old man.

"No, you idiot. Remember the bet a few nights ago? Well, Fall 30 marks the start of the bet, and the end would on the 60. Remember, 30 days~!" Gunther gave a sly smile and walked towards Garland, grabbing his arm and started dragging him back to the street.

Garland got free. "Woah there, let me get changed first before you drag me off to the stables!" Garland said and ran into dorms, went into his room, locked the door undressed and went to bed.

A few uneventful chimes pass, a cricket had started chirping, softly and rhythmically into the night.

Gunther shook his head. "Sera Catherine... Would you be a dear and fetch the boy?" Gunther said to the bushes

Said knight walked out of the bushes, looking a bit annoyed.
"He didn't see me? Really? Any more obvious and I would have stood out in the open."

Catherine shook off the leaves and branches that stuck to her clothes. She went into the dorm and kicked open the door. Garland shot up instinctively grabbed his sword and aimed at Catherine.

She reacted quickly, she rushed in, disarmed him with a quick jab to the gut and a blow on his wrist. She grabbed his free hand and slipped behind his back in a very uncomfortable hold.

The fact that Garland was naked made this scene very awkward to anyone but Catherine, she had changed his diaper when he was just a baby, this didn't effect her whatsoever.

"S-Sera! I-I'm sorry. ow... I
I didn't know it was you!" Garland groaned as Catherine tightened her grip on his wrists.

[color=red]"Think you can weasel out a deal? We gotta break that habit of yours, boy. Get dressed and get out, no getting out of this, son."
She released her grip and went back to the door, she leaned back on the wall and crossed her arms on her chest.

Garland hastily threw on his clothes. He ran out the door and out of the building. He gave Gunther the stink eye.

Gunther just gave a small, sly smile and turned away. "Come on, boy. You've got a lot of work to do."

Catherine followed right behind then, keeping an eye on the boy.
"Don't even think of trying to get out of this bet."
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

The Stable Cleaning Job

Postby Garland on October 29th, 2014, 5:26 am

As they made their way towards the Windmount Stables, Catherine gave a yawned and headed back to her home, wherever that was. Garland and Gunther made it to the stables, it looked like it wasn't cleaned for a while now, probably part of Gunther's sick joke on the squire.

"Do I really have to clean all of this? Can't I just... I dunno, brush the horses?" Garland pleaded, giving an exhausted sigh.

Gunther wasn't having any of it. He grabbed a broom, a scrub and a bucket of water."Look Greeny. I'll show you how to clean a horse later. Right after you finish sweeping all of the droppings and taken down all of the spider webs and such. Don't forget the left over hay." Gunther gave a small laugh and handed the squire a broom. He motioned him to start cleaning one of the stalls.

Garland groaned and grabbed the broom, he swept the dropping all together, and looked around for a dust pan to help him throw the droppings away. He saw another clump of droppings in the corner, he went over and tried to sweep them in with the bigger pile, but they were stubborn and it was stuck.

"Oh I nearly forgot."Gunther took out a pair of leather gloves and tossed them to Garland. "Sometimes you just gotta grab and pull." He gave a hearty laugh, and crossed his arms.

"You have got to be petching kidding me right now." Garland groaned and put on the gloves, he then grabbed the large pile of Shyke and pulled, prying it from the ground. Garland nearly gagged, then again, he had done worse. He threw it in with the larger pile and went over to grab the dust pan and the garbage bin. He swept the pile of droppings onto the dust pan and then into the garbage bin. "I hate you, Gunther."

Gunther just laughed and watched the boy work. This was going to be a long night.
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

The Stable Cleaning Job

Postby Orin Fenix on April 3rd, 2015, 8:51 pm

Grades are Served

Garland
Skill XP
Socialization 1
Horsemanship 1
Cleaning 1

Lores
  • Gunther: Ruthless About Bets
  • Cleaning Stables is Gross
Extras :
Short but still good. And congratulations on 100 socialization! I didn't award you Shield Points because I wasn't sure if you were assisting a citizen of your own free will, so if I was mistaken PM me and I will correct it.

Don't forget to edit or delete your grade request in the grade request thread.

If you have any questions or concerns about your grade please feel free to send me a message.
Orin Fenix
Almost Iron But Actually Master Chef

Words: 1186489
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 12:06 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)