Closed [Training Grounds] Aim For The Snake Eyes (Asen)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Training Grounds] Aim For The Snake Eyes (Asen)

Postby Garland on March 16th, 2015, 8:47 am

He looked at Asen, a bit worried about her. She said something about hibernation. "Are you perhaps a Dhani? Or at least a half-Dhani?" He finally made the connection. "I wouldn't have asked you to come out with me if I knew."

He said and took her place. "After this, we should get warm." He said and loaded the bolt into his crossbow.

"What's your history, Garland? I've told you a bit of mine, so tell me yours."

"History? Well, I was raised in Syliras, born in Sunberth, parents died trying to get here from Sunberth, knights took me in. Well... Took me to the city and placed me in the orphanage. Not exactly the most exciting life story ever, but it's something." He said with a small forced smile. "Don't worry, the knights are like my family, well one is, my Patron Sera Catherine Ashe. She's hard, but very caring, she's also very unorthodox when it comes to training."

He aimed his crossbow at the target, aiming at the target's head, or at least where its head would have been. He used his dominant eye to aim first then fine tuned his shot with both eyes.

His shot went well enough, missing the head but hitting the arm area instead. He loaded another shot, trying to keep his mind off of his parents, a life of what could have been. A life he didn't have, a senseless dream that he can't achieve, he should just focus on the now, and the reason why he's here with the knights today.

His vision blurred, a bit of moisture welled up in his eye, he couldn't see properly and shot, he missed completely and wiped away the tears from his eyes. "Meh, some snow got into my eye. Come on, let's get warmed up, I'm getting a bit chilly."
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Asen on March 18th, 2015, 3:06 am

Asen's arms had begun burning. She, like Garland, felt it was time to go inside. "A'ight," she agreed, "We'll go inside."

The half-Dhani shuffled over to the rack of bows, setting her own down. The sudden emptiness of her hand made her uncomfortable after holding something for so long. She twisted the hem of her jacket around in her fingers. Oh, yeah. I'm still wearin' 'is jacket.

She shrugged off the larger squire's jacket, holding it out to him. "Here's your, uh... Jacket."

She tossed the article of clothing over the young man's head, then turned on a heel. "Nice meetin' you, Garland. Even though I kicked you somewhere pretty painful, you still fought well," she said with a grin.

Asen set the quiver beside the bow, then pivoted and strode towards the entrance of the Training Grounds. I like 'im. Seems nice, if cocky. I should fight 'im again soon. I wonder who 'is patron is? Gonna hafta find out.

"See you again, maybe."

Asen
Kintsugi

Words: 136836
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2014, 11:41 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Orin Fenix on April 5th, 2015, 1:59 pm

Grades are Served

Garland
Skill XP
Body-Building 1
Observation 1
Unarmed Combat 2
Tactics 3
Boxing 2
Endurance 1
Weapon: Crossbow 4
Interrogation 1

Lores
  • Asen: Name's a Mouthful
  • Asen: Hawk-Faced Squire
  • Tactics: Gauging an Opponent's Reactions
  • Tactics: Next to Useless to Fight Without Proper Equipment
  • Crossbow: Easier at Close Range
  • Crossbow: Check the Equipment Before Firing
  • Asen: Hails From Rivefall

Shield Points
5 Training

Extras :
Well this was a truly lovely training thread. One of the better ones I've seen and you two covered a lot of different skills. Well done.

Asen
Skill XP
Body-Building 2
Endurance 3
Socialization 4
Unarmed Combat 3
Tactics 3
Observation 4
Weapon: Longbow 3
Interrogation 1

Lores
  • Being Cold-Blooded Sucks
  • Garland: Brutish Squire
  • Tactics: Finding an Opponent's Center of Balance
  • Unarmed Combat: Crotch Strike
  • Garland: Not So Tough
  • Longbow: Hard to Pull
  • Crossbow: Easier at Close Range
  • Longbow: Aim is Better With Both Eyes Open
  • Garland: Sunberth Bred, Syliras Raised

Shield Points
5 Training

Extras :
As always it's a pleasure to read your work. This was a very nice training thread and I always love reading about Asen and her slightly dirty mouth and belligerent nature. Keep up the good work.

Don't forget to edit or delete your grade request in the grade request thread.

If you have any questions or concerns about your grade please feel free to send me a message.
Orin Fenix
Almost Iron But Actually Master Chef

Words: 1186489
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 12:06 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)