[Matthew's Scrapbook] Archive

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Matthew on April 10th, 2015, 1:11 am

I've managed to find a few of the things I wrote whenever I first started roleplaying. I am just archiving them here for now, sort of as a reminder.

Secret :
Burdens. Guilt that rots you away from the inside, exposing your shame and utter weakness to the outside world, haunting your every step, haunting your every dream. You scream for a release from this burden that you have to carry, and you try to fight through the pain alone, to carry the burden alone. But in the end, you simply find that there is more weight than ever before, and that it is ready to swallow you whole. Even then you are hesitant to trust someone, to let them grab yoiur back. What if they open it, and see the pain and the shame that lies within? Of course they will see it, because if they are to help you carry it, then you must take it out of yourself and show it to them, hand it to them. That is the moment. When you will be crushed in endless pain and shame, or where you will find release.

He would never find release.

That was his thought, that was the dark reality that had became his truth. Yet one had seen just a peek of the scars, and she had reacted quite well. It had been a delightful suprise, and something that he would no doubt treasure for the rest of his life. Yet it had also increased his hate for the Celestial race. You may ask why, and the answer is quite clear. This girl, this precious friend... she was a Teifling. And the Celestial's had told Elistar that that specific race was quite evil. If Amy was what the Celestial race considered evil... then Elistar was all for the evil people in this world. These dark thoughts continued to swirl in his head as he stared into the waters of the lake, the memories having come since this was the first place he had met her. He could remember the night quite clearly, as if it had only been yesterday. He had told her he had been afriad to take his shirt off. Even now, when he was alone, his cheeks brightened with a red hue at the thought. He must have looked like a idiot then. He wondered if that had been the thought running through her mind.

He looked as he always did, a black cloak hiding his sitting body, a scarred face framed with black bangs being the only thing that wasn't covered. Bright green eyes watched the surface of the dark water with a deep look in his eyes. The look was soon replaced with one of focus however, for he was able to snap himself out of his thoughts to focus upon the moon. His eyes lowly scanned upwards to find the spectacle of nature. It was a beautiful sight, and the star's only aided the natural beauty of this place. He could also remember when he had asked Amy about the stars, and she had responded. He still wondered about the jewels of the sky, wondered about what mysteries they held. Probably quite a few.

I don't recall much about this one. I believe I had an OOC crush on whoever this Amy person was. A crush on the character, not the writer. I don't know which one is worse.

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Matthew on April 10th, 2015, 1:39 am

I remember that this was the very first post I made on the forum. I was trying really hard to go with the cool factor for Elistar's intro. There is even a sentence in here that specifically points out how he does things in a cool way.

Secret :
"Are you sure you want to do this?"

Elistar nodded, sitting down within the confines of the white circle on the ground, making himself comfortable. The long sword hanging from his left hip got in the way, but it was a minor inconvenience. A black cloak hung from his back, the bottom hem gathering behind him on the floor.
Five angels stood around him, their white eyes shining at him with holy authority. Tall and majestic, their very presence seemed to demand respect from all of those who watched, a general aura of mighty power radiating from their very beings. Each stood at about seven feet tall, quite identical to each other. Blonde hair framed pure skin, a silver tint to the unmarked silk. The blonde locks fell in waves to broad shoulders, giving off the appearance of a woman. But the facial features were quite stern and hard, somehow proving that they were indeed men. Just as most women have soft features, most of the angelic men seemed to have quite hard and serious features. Each wore a gold breastplate, and had a long sword attached to their left hips. A skirt-like form of pants started at the waist, and went to the knees, white in color. Firm muscles rippled across revealed skin, mostly being the thick arms, and the knees down.

The speaker had been the angel on Elistar's right, one located in his front, two behind, and one on each side. That particular angel was now smiling at him, raising his right fist to his left breast in a sign of respective salute. The other angels saw the movement, and quickly fell into line, each of them also raising their folded fists in the respectful sign.

Elistar gave a small nod to answer their salute, signaling he was ready. He did not give the salute, for he wanted no ties to the angels no longer. He was hunted, exiled, and cursed. The Light had long since abandoned him, and he was not sure he wanted to go back. After all he had done, all he had seen... how could he really go back? Even if he had wanted to. Yes, his path was not marked yet. But it would be. Soon.

Crossing his legs in Indian position, he simply waited, closing his eyes to settle within supreme darkness. All he had to do was wait, and hope they didn't leave a part of him behind. That was what the other angels were there for. The one to his right was named Luce, one of his deepest friends from the army. He was probably to be considered a fallen, since he was aiding a hunted. Elistar owed him a great deal, and one day, he would repay it. He did not know how he was to get back to the Celestial plane, but he would find a way. He knew they would never welcome him back.

At the nod, and when Elistar had finally settled himself, the five angels moved forward, forming a tight ring around the sitting angel. In deep, serene tones, they started to chant, saying three words over and over. Their hands were extended toward Elistar, each palm hovering a few inches away from his body. The skin seemed to suddenly glow a deep silver, rare celestial magics running through their veins to cast the spell of plane-walking. With the chanting of the words echoing in his ears, Elistar waited.

"Claar dae fu... Claar dae fu..."

They never broke chant, simply saying it over and over. Elistar started to feel a tug, something pulling at his body with invisible fingers. He let loose a small, humorless smile, and whispered a few parting words.

"I will return"

And the world flashed a bright white, engulfing Elistar in the burst of magics. The invisible fingers pulled at him, and he began to fall, spinning into the bright lights dancing inside of his closed eyes.
---------------------------------

With a great shout, Elistar toppled head over heels, bursting into one graceful spin in midair to land on his feet. And so he did, leather boots splashing into swamp muck at least five inches deep. with one raised eyebrow, Elistar stared at the black muck, the smell rising to his nose. "THIS is the material plane?" He let loose a small sigh, and pried his boot from the muck, taking a single step forward. He pulled the folds of his black cloak around himself, hiding everything from the neck down from prying eyes. The hem stopped at a point between his ankles and the tops of the boots, a few inches of the black cloth dragging in the accursed mud.

Glancing around, his faded blue eyes took in the surroundings. A full moon shone from above, lighting most of the area around him. Strangled trees and dying plants, and mud as far as the eye could see. Shadows abound, cast by the light of the moon itself. He let loose a low snort, thinking of the irony of it all. The Light created the Shadow. And now they tried to kill them. He reached up, a single pure hand appearing from the black cloak to brush a few strands of silky black hair from in front of his eyes in a cool manner.

He pulled his hand back into his cloak, resting the fingers upon the hilt of his long sword. And with a sigh, he began to walk forward, taking careful steps in the stupid muck. A few uttered curses could be heard underneath his breath, the look on his face completely cool, but the look in his eyes painfully innocent. Not a common trait among angels. The look of a child.

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Achenar on April 13th, 2015, 6:15 pm

Secret :

I think you've been sucking on that lollipop for a bit too long there, dude.

<3
Achenar
Everybody lies

Words: 128093
Joined roleplay: February 8th, 2015, 5:20 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Donor (1)