Closed I like big boats

(Shai and Zandelia) The trio go off to make some ship plans

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

I like big boats

Postby Fallon on April 11th, 2015, 8:44 pm

47th Spring 515 AV
Morning

Fallon groaned, loudly. The mind surfaced with a jarring sensation, thick, sluggish and slurring with discomfort. It was the darkness however that greeted her eyes, choosing to keep them shut while the world awoken. The faint groaning of the house pierced through her hearing however, and simply gave her the want to shake her head and push the sensation away. But there she was sprawled prone, chest rising and falling as she once more tried to comprehend the blur of the previous night - and promptly failed.

The mind slipped down once more, the groaning falling away to a low rasping hum. There was a distinct taste resting in her mouth, she realised as she laid there. Stale, dry, refusing to give despite the attempt to build up saliva within. There was also the chilled feeling as well, shoulders starting to shiver, bare toes wriggling in the air in an attempt to warm. Of course, there was also the lingering sense of warmth, yet right now that was forcibly pushed aside by the immediate issue.

She could not move her arms. With a small twist, Fallon pulled upon them, brow raising as she did. Even her head gave a lift, the contents within briefly sloshing before she eased herself back down. Perhaps Zandelia was there, or they were simply just numbed from the effects of drinks and sleep. She rolled her head to the side, tugging her left this time as she tried to spur herself into life. And promptly failed and found herself once more groaning. It took force to allow her eyes to flutter open, the crack of light from the shutters shooting through. Wincing, she lifted her head to look at the problem for her lacking movement.

Rope, tied and leading to the bed post - the same for the other arm. She raised the eyebrow then, her gaze turning as she looked to the blanket that had been thrown across her form. The side of her however, the woman's eyes fell around the room, looking and searching for a sign of her partner. There was none, her sluggish mind catching the slumped remains of discarded clothes and boots - in a hurry by the looks of things. There was also the chair, she noted, taken by a hunched form that seemed for the moment to be clutching its head. With a sigh she fell back once more to the mattress, bedding greeting her and her mind continuing its throbbing. She needed to get up, there was things to do and the day would not wait. Of course, she also had to get out of the situation before her. With a grunt, she wriggled her wrists, feeling the rope stick, gather and hold in place.

"Petching, oh my gods," she grunted, "Stupid... Stuck.... Zandelia?" Her voice turned to a moan then, "Zandelia, help. I'm stuck." Silence was her answer for the moment, "Sunshine? Are you here? Petching too bright." She scowled at the slice of light that cut through the room, her gaze shifting to look at the other things, "Gods, what a night..."

About :
As we all know, the boat plan as discussed with Perplexity is as follows: Discuss it, Go to the shipwright, make a contract for a Saique, pay in three 5k instalments between us until the full 15k is reached - So, 5k this thread, 5k come Summer and wages, final 5k come Autumn and pay. Then nurse hangovers.
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

I like big boats

Postby Shai on April 14th, 2015, 5:48 pm

Warm. Sweet, dark, warm. Shai kept her eyes tight shut, until the howling began. It was above her, she gave two short kicks of her boat at the boards over her head. Trying to turn over she found she couldn’t. With an exasperated sigh she cracked her lids. Squinting around she realized groggily she was under a bed. “Keep it down!” She yelped, slowly making it for the binding blade of light on the floor.

Crawling out from under the bed, she was swathed in what appeared to be a curtain although Shai couldn’t recall having once seen the pattern. Her shoulders hunched as she hit the bright light and she grumbled. Dragging the gaudy blue embroidered fabric over her head she pulled herself up on the bedside. She gave Fallon a hard look through narrowed eyes. “Shush, or I will cut you out and not replace your blankets.”

The whole room smelled sour with sweat more alcohol than water. The widow couldn’t recall entirely how she got here, but at least she was here and not in a Zeltivan cell. Her nose crinkled at the mess of it all and the terrible taste on her tongue. Like low tide and a Sunberth ditch, she was fairly certain vomit had passed her mouth at least once the night before. With slow dread she dropped the curtain and ran her fingers through the knots in her hair; no chunks praise the Gods for that.

Taking further inventory she found her leathers intact and the majority of her weapons in place. Chell? She spoke tentatively.

Idiot. was his terse reply and it stung through her forming headache.

She flopped face forward dramatically onto the bed. Shai began tugging on the coverings around Fallon, half-heartedly helping.

ImageImage
Shai
Alone in the dark.

Words: 424135
Joined roleplay: October 9th, 2011, 5:43 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) 2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

I like big boats

Postby Zandelia on April 14th, 2015, 10:28 pm

She was sitting in a chair, dragged to pointedly not face the window – the source of the burning sunlight. That had confused her at first, that was until she had seen Shai curled up upon the floor wrapped up in their curtains. Clearly blankets were not a Spider's desire, she supposed it was because they were not silken. All of this, of course, had only happened after she had rolled out of bed and slammed into the floor hard enough that she had lain there for quite some time indeed. She had grumbled to herself there for a time, playing through what she could remember of the previous evening in her mind. Some of it had been incredibly satisfying she had reflected, taking note of the fact Fallon was tied up still. She had left the fact that Shai might have been there whilst that had happened, she was not ready yet for that analysis.

Gods I feel terrible...how much did I...no, I don't even want to know she decided as she covered her eye with her hand and leant upon the arm of the chair. Slumped might have been more accurate.

It was as she was cursing the very invention of alcohol, trying to weather the waves of persistent nausea, that the other two began their awakening ritual the only way hung over people could – with confusion and anger. Her skull throbbed with their words and she let out a low groan of torment. Turning her head, vision wobbling slightly, she looked upon them both with as little anger as she could muster. She pointed at them both shakily as she spoke. Quietly.

“Silence, both of you. Please. No one is cutting our things and if you want to be angry be angry with me. I was the one who was born. Wish I hadn't been right now” she stated as she heaved a sigh and pushed herself upwards and to her feet.

She walked to the side of the bed, shakily but still managing to trail her fingers across Fallon as she went and pausing at her cheek where she rested her palm for a few moments. She blinked as she looked down and took in the full glory of what was there. She had thought she would be the one in her position but it seemed that she could be persuasive when she wanted to be. She began to untie her wrists, faltering quite a bit until eventually she gave freedom to her partner. She sat upon the end of the bed, the only thing she was wearing was a long shirt, and rubbed at her wrists to restore the blood there. She was able to get a small grin to her face as she did so.

“Try not to wince when you sit, people will start talking” she stated before turning her gaze to Shai once more, “curtains...who knew? I hope you didn't steal too much and stash it under there, though the hood there is quite fetching. I take it you both feel as terrible as I look today?” she asked with a wry twist to her lips.

She just sat there then, blessed silence reigning for a time as they each tried to muster their courage to face the day. She couldn't see them doing much truth be told. They would be lucky to make it down the stairs without falling she wagered. She made her way back to the chair, throwing clothing at the bed as she went with intermittent groans, and sat down once more with relief. She rubbed her eye sockets and massaged her temples, she was clearly getting too old to drink. She remembered doing so once, long ago, without any ill effects. The days of youthful abandon, they had been glorious. She sighed once more and looked up at the ceiling, neck seeming to creak as she did so.

“So...what of the day? I'd say get some hair of the dog but I'm not sure we have enough dog left to work. Suggestions?” she asked in a feint, strained voice.
Zandelia
I Aim To Misbehave

Words: 1798131
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

I like big boats

Postby Fallon on April 16th, 2015, 11:49 am

There was an intimidated squeak that rumbled out from her throat as the Symestra rose, her own eyes widening as she slunk back down into the bedding. Her face gave a flash of terror, her lips pursing and curling inwards as she continued her staring. With a flare of the nostrils she caught the sweet acidic scent upon the air, prickling upwards as she remembered bare glimpses of the night before - the heat, the passion, the pure and basic primal lust of petching. By this point her skin had begun to tint a healthy hue of red, eyes looking down to Shai as she tugged upon her bindings - with Zandelia's hissing comment slicing through the shadows and the words throbbing against her head. It was with that Fallon fell silent in her noises.

With her gaze darting back and forth between both women, Fallon merely continued to continue her darkened blushing - sheepish and tentative as she chewed upon her lip. Her mind was still far too throbbing for an discussion, and so she chose to enjoy what she could of the unusual situation. Still there was a blink when the fingers touched, stroked and rested upon her cheek, with only a mumble escaping, "Morning." She licked her lips then, the brief stolen glance given to Shai in consideration before returning back to her partner and the untying, "I've seen you look worse." Once freed Fallon merely snapped her arms inwards, fingers wriggling as she gathered herself once more - if not with the continued glances at Shai - just how much did she actually hear? Fallon cleared her throat, "I take it you... enjoyed yourself last night?"

Circulation returned to her Fallon brought the blanket up and around herself, cocooning it around her form and granting some form of modesty before the other. If that could even be described as so, she merely gave childish scowls to the Symestra and gradually inched herself away - granting much needed distance in which to compose herself. It was when a thrown shirt whipped across her however that her attention snapped back to what was before her. Yes, getting dressed seemed like the best option presently and so the human quickly wiggled her way into it. Leaning forward she let the blanket drop as she acquired the trousers and snatched them towards her.

"I don't know," Fallon began, "Least, I don't know about you two. I have some plans and things I need to do. Work, Curiosity. Financial. So forth," She inhaled then, a snort of disgust when she caught her own, stale, sour scent, "I think one of them is fall into a bath though. Feel kind of... like filth." With another series of wriggles Fallon quickly clothed herself, head swimming briefly as she stilled and sat herself up, "I don't want to look at drink for a while." Her head throbbed too loudly for the notion of any further consumption of alcohol anyway, and she distinctly felt that if she partook she would only result in spewing what little remained in her stomach out. With a sigh she swung the bare feet out, letting the toes stroke against the cooler floor. There was a moment of swimming, an almost acidic taste. Her face turned into a small scowl then, no doubt disgusted with whatever it was before she looked back, "I need to go to the shipwright's today sometime. Otherwise about it. You know me, like to keep busy," Her gaze flickered between the two women then, "Why?"
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)