Closed [The Obsidian Club] Night Lifers (Lisana)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

[The Obsidian Club] Night Lifers (Lisana)

Postby Bennar Witt on April 11th, 2015, 5:50 pm

That was the million miza question. Yea Benji, why did you come to Lhavit? Benji made no attempt to hide his expression. It held all the self-critique and cynical bemusement that came when one looked back on younger decisions. “Why? Shyke, I don’t know.” Benji loosed a soft bark of laughter. “Kalea was too much home to leave, and Alvadas was too much home to stay. So here I am. I thought it would bring me closer to some bigger picture.” He shrugged. The server had been struggling to come up with the words to explain his sudden and rash self-imposed exile from his family’s home.

Benji cast about for a change of subjects. His patron seemed to be enjoying the music, so he grabbed at that. “You uh, like Naia’s music huh? I’m not surprised, most do. She’s quite skilled on his strings.” He smiled and glanced over at his boss. She was taking almost as much pleasure from playing the violin as she was from watching the people dance to her music. “She is a owner and plays sometimes when she isn’t busy.” He explained, while polishing another glass and refilling a pitcher of ice from the box beneath the bar.

“You never sailed with a Svefra? I don’t suppose they spend much time all the way over here. Lhavit is kind of out opt the way.” Benji squinted at the ceiling, trying to remember particulars about the man that had made him such a wild personage. It was more the entire being, the entire personality that made Benji wonder at him. “Well he was a Svefra! They live on the Suvan with only the laws of the ocean to guide them. Or so it seemed. He was a wild man, with little care for the civilized way in which I was brought up. I think, probably, that is why I found him so odd.” Benji continued.

He smiled ruefully and leaned in close. “The man had some sort of pet shark that followed us the whole way. He would come to the surface and the old salt would actually lean over and converse with it, or I think he did. I’m not much for sailing, or at least the wild sailing that man did. I spent most of the trip firming holding onto the bulkhead rail, if you know what I mean.” Benji gave a laugh then, remembering the wretched way the ship slammed along the waves, her captain opting for speed and razor cuts across the sea rather than a gentler, more pleasant voyage.
Lhavit
Ben Guide
Reimancy
Shielding
Morphing
Bennar Witt
Player

Words: 117856
Joined roleplay: January 20th, 2015, 7:26 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Lisana on April 12th, 2015, 3:51 pm

Liz listened intently, letting out a chuckle when the man couldn't recall why he came to Lhavit. "Were you just traveling for the sake of traveling?" she asked. It would make sense. Maybe he wanted to travel, but disliked going so far away from his homeland. "Or did you want to leave Alvadas, but still stay close to home?"

Lisana smiled. "Yeah, she's very good." Hearing that Naia was a part-time owner, the girl finally realized why she was so familiar. "I've seen her play here a few times, but her name slipped my mind."

"Oh-- I've actually never sailed at all," Lisana said. She'd never left Lhavit, in the first place. The bartender seemed almost frustrated with the way the Svefra had treated him, as he continued to share his travel experience.

Lisana raised an eyebrow skeptically. "A pet shark?" The man said something about "firmly holding onto the bulkhead rail." At first, Lisana had no idea what the reference was, but it finally dawned on her that he'd meant seasickness.

The girl mentally noted to herself that when she went to Alvadas, to avoid sailing with a Svefra.

x
I make mediocre boxcodes for people here.
Otaia|Anthere|Lisana
3/5 Threads
Lisana
Player

Words: 66239
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2014, 11:45 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Bennar Witt on April 17th, 2015, 2:54 am

Benji nodded in a bemused sort of way. But as their conversation was dying down so was the music. The crowd was now approaching the bar, jostling drunkenly for positions to hail the bartender from. There was no real conclusion to their conversation as he slid down in front of the nearest person and took their order. He did not have time to give her much attention more than a last glance before Rynas and he were the focal point of the entire bar.

It was only a few minutes later that he realized he hadn’t even gotten her name. He was pretty sure neither of them had felt the need to ask the other. Perhaps that was the ideal. They might have both offered up information about themselves that they wouldn’t tell another, more personal acquaintance. That was the social magic of the bar talk, really. His brother Sal, the anthropologist, would be proud of that little gem of thought.

As he poured more Lava Peaches and Mystic Blasts, Benji got back into the trace of the bar. He did not see the girl again, though she could have very well been there.
Lhavit
Ben Guide
Reimancy
Shielding
Morphing
Bennar Witt
Player

Words: 117856
Joined roleplay: January 20th, 2015, 7:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Neologism on May 11th, 2015, 4:31 pm

x
Bennar Witt

Skills:
    Observation +4
    Acting +1
    Cooking +1
    Socialization +4
    Organization +1
    Philosophy +1
    Storytelling +1

Lores:
    Drink Mix: Mystic Blast
    Drink Mix: Lava Peach
    Lisana: Multi-colored eyes
    Lhavit: Rather isolated
    Comparing Lhavit to Alvadas
    Sailing with the Svefra

Notes: Don't forget to edit your post in the request thread as 'Graded'.

Lisana

Skills:
    Observation +4
    Deduction +1
    Socialization +5
    Philosophy +1

Lores:
    Alcohol: An aid for anger
    Bennar Witt: A bartender at the Obsidian Club
    Bennar Witt: Alvadas-born
    Alvadas: A city of illusions
    Bored with beauty
    Avoid sailing with Svefra

Receipt: -2 gm for drinks

Notes: Just a tip for the future, please don't center your text. Also, white on grey can be difficult to read for some screens (including mine). It's important for the graders to be able to read your writing easily, thank you! :)

Ivory Heart Zintila The Constellations The Shinya
Council of Radiance (WIP) Star Gazing Gazette
Neologism
AS of Lhavit, DS of Zeltiva

Words: 621787
Joined roleplay: May 20th, 2014, 1:40 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous