Closed Colours and Promises

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Colours and Promises

Postby Khara on May 21st, 2015, 9:58 pm

"I am glad we are not in Endrykas,"Khara said unthinkingly before her eyes darted back to meet his and she held his gaze as she elaborated, not wanting to leave any room for a mistake in understanding. They spoke like this at times, him in Common so she could understand fully and her in Nari knowing full well that every word may not be comprehended, but there would be less mistakes to be made in her tone of voice or the sentiment she wanted to convey. It hadn't always been possible, but Khara had a feeling that Zhol's grasp of her home language was far better than he wanted to admit and it made it far easier to express herself at times.

"Because I like having you to myself. I… I don't want you to have any other wife. I like you being… Mine." She felt herself blush at the admission, embarrassed for how selfish it sounded.

It was true, though; the thought of Zhol with another was upsetting to even consider. She lived with the constant knowledge that anything she had could be taken from her and mostly Khara was accepting of it. The thought of having Zhol taken from her, though? Or even just sharing him with another? Terrified wasn't enough of a word to begin describing how it made her feel. Even if was an Endal that took a liking to her horse boy, Khara wasn't certain what she would do, only that it would probably be considered foolish, reckless, entirely improper, and make the time she had thrown herself in the path of a monstrous creature in some pale attempt to keep him safe seem like the most insignificant of acts. She didn't care what it would cost her and that too was frightening in a way. Suddenly Zhol's overprotective - as someone had called it - nature made all the more sense.

Khara forced her thoughts to retreat from such negative things, now wasn't the time to even remotely consider them or follow the thread they would inevitably lead her to. As they retreated it suddenly dawned on her the way she had worded the admission. Any other wife. She knew without a doubt that she was a great deal of things to Zhol, but that particular concept? The way he had talked about it; having a goddess hear your promises to each other, having Cheva herself approve of two people being together? Khara agreed, it didn't really matter what the gods thought of the two of them, but she caught the way that Zhol's voice had changed a bit when he had spoken of it.

She had heard of gods marking individuals for various reasons in various ways, she even had met a small handful of those chosen individuals, but she never had thought that a god would pay her much mind and Khara knew Zhol felt similarly. If just saying something could change that, if making promises openly that were already being kept would make a god notice them, if it meant that they would share something that would make it so no one could deny they belonged to each other, if it could add just one more thing that she could be to him - the thought of the smile that would come to Zhol alone was well worth it.

"I love you. W-we said forever and I-I don't want anything to ever change or challenge that. I want to - I will do everything I can to make sure it doesn't." Her hand moved to his cheek and her fingers softly ran against his skin as she continued to look into his eyes, willing every bit of sincerity into the look she gave him and the words she spoke.

"I will always do everything I can to help you know this is your home. Anything you need, anything you want? You only have to ask and I will always give it to you if I can and it will always be of my own free will. I may not always succeed, but I will always try to treat us as equals and will never forget how much you love me. Y-you're my Zhol, my protector, my love and I want to always be yours, only yours, in as many ways as I can be. I will be your friend, your love, your soulmate, your…" She hesitated, unsure how to word it. There wasn't a single thing that Zhol could ask her to be that Khara could conceive that she would say no to; she wanted to be everything she could possibly be for him. "a-anything you will have me be; for as long as I can be."

"Nari" | "Common" | "Pavi"
Image Image Image
Khara
Lost Little Sparrow

Words: 660741
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2014, 6:17 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Colours and Promises

Postby Zhol on May 21st, 2015, 10:29 pm

"Khara -"

Zhol wanted to respond, wanted to instantly offer back words to match the sincerity and sentiment that Khara had conveyed, but he didn't know what to say. He didn't know why all that escaped was her whispered name, drawn slowly from his lungs and draped across the air between them. He didn't know why the edges of his vision flickered, as if he were glimpsing the world from beneath a pool of water. It didn't matter though. He could see Khara before him, crystal clear; see her eyes; see everything behind them; hear the words she'd uttered drifting around in his mind like clouds in the sky.

I don't want you to have any other wife.

Zhol wasn't sure if those words had sounded the way that Khara had intended them to, but those were the words that stole the air from his lungs, and startled his heart into stunned stillness. Part of him whispered that she didn't know what she was saying, didn't quite understand the implications of her words. But why shouldn't she? We said forever. Anything you would have me be. Those weren't the sentiments of someone naive: forever was forever, and everything was everything. He'd said it himself, even: they were almost married already. For Khara, it was just the next step; there was no barrier of stigma or social convention for her to overcome. There wasn't for Zhol either, he slowly realised. He could probably count number of people in Wind Reach who would understand what husband and wife meant on his digits, without needing to remove his boots and socks; no one else would understand, nor particularly care. What mattered was that Zhol and Khara understood; and that their promise to each other was sincere enough for Cheva to hear it.

"From the moment I wake, until the moment I close my eyes," Zhol began slowly, not giving himself time to think about what he had to say, merely letting instinct find the words that his heart was already whispering, "You are at the forefront of my mind. If a thought that isn't about you crosses my mind, a few steps is all it takes before it finds a way to be."

His voice stumbled, tripping over itself a little, trying to find a way to echo the sentiment and sincerity that Khara had already touched him with. "I am not just lucky to have found you, Khara. I am blessed. Whether it was the gods, or fate, or just sheer fluke I do not know. It does not matter. I am yours, and I will do anything and be anything that you need me to. If you need a protector, then I will take up arms to defend you. If you need a lover, or a comfort, then I will put my arms around you. If you need a companion, or a friend, then I will be at your side through every single adversity you face."

He leant forward, slowly and gently, just enough to press a soft kiss against Khara's forehead, before he settled back to gaze in her eyes once more. "I am, and will be yours until the end of my days, Khara... and then I will wait for you in the next life, because I do not just love you with all of my heart; I love you with all of my soul. There is not anything I need, because you are already my everything. The only thing I would ever ask of you, ever want from you, is that you stay. But, if you will have me -"

It didn't matter what Khara had said already, didn't matter that she had already spoken of her willingness: years of expectation, tradition, stigma, and culture demanded that he treat this simple question, this simple request, with all the respect and reverence he could muster.

"There is nothing in all the world that would make me happier, more content, and more proud than to be able to say that I am your husband. Cheva as my witness, I will be yours for all of time, if you wish me to be."

This template was made by Khara. She is part of the Rebel Alliance, and a traitor.
Zhol
Carry on, wayward son.

Words: 710796
Joined roleplay: July 10th, 2014, 4:45 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)

Colours and Promises

Postby Khara on May 22nd, 2015, 2:56 am

"Yes," There was no hesitation as the word left her and the next few followed just as quickly as if she wouldn't be able to breathe again until they were spoken. "I-I do. Nothing would make me happier."

Khara wasn't sure if it was what you were supposed to say but no sooner had it left her than she fell silent once more, caught up in waves of emotion that once more obscured her vision. Her arms slid back along Zhol's shoulders as she pulled herself against him once more and brought her lips to his in a kiss she hoped could only reflect even a tiny bit of all she felt.

With every word he had spoken a growing feeling of bewilderment and awe had seemed to come upon her. The sensation had started when she had let herself say everything she had never managed to find the words for and had only gotten more and more intense until it seemed to completely overtake her, all of which cumulated in the kiss she refused to let end until absolutely necessary.

Her golden hued gaze met Zhol's again just for a brief instant before she rested her forehead against his and she closed her eyes. A soft sigh left her, a small attempt at conveying the utmost bliss she felt. With the softest of touches her arms pulled back towards her, hands gently grazing the skin of his shoulders until they reached his neck.

Khara felt the tug of confusion form across her features before it fully registered as to what had caused it. With the same tentative brush of her fingertips against both sides of his neck she felt the difference before her eyes ever opened and the curious gaze flitted across his. Something felt different, not entirely so, just a bit of skin that was overly familiar to her that felt raised somehow, as if there was something under or maybe over the spot just a bit below his left ear. Her fingertips continued their soft exploration, tracing in their usual almost swirling manner but it was different this time, this time she was following the lines of something that was clearly there.

Curiosity finally got the best of her and she gently pulled her right hand away and used it to prop herself up just a bit. In the dim candlelight there was no denying the faint glimmer that seemed almost copper in color against where her fingers rested.

It couldn't be. Yes, they had certainly said promises that couldn't have been more earnest to one another, but... There was no way... Her hand slowly raised from his skin and reached across to touch at the same spot on her own neck. Once more the slight raise in skin was felt and Khara's heart felt as if it had suddenly stopped beating.

Her eyes frantically looked back to Zhol's, her expression caught somewhere between confusion, complete elation, and worry. "Zhol, a-are you sure you want this? Want... me?"

If what he had said about how Cheva marked those bound together by such things then there was no taking it back and there couldn't be any doubt that it was accidental or either of them hadn't entirely meant what they had said, but worry was in Khara's nature. The thought that maybe she had somehow tricked the man she loved into having a permanent mark was more than she could stand.

oocJudging from the Lore page we're okay to do this, I hope! It says no mod is needed but please let us know if we've pulled an oops here and we can certainly edit to be more appropriate!

Image Image Image
Khara
Lost Little Sparrow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Colours and Promises

Postby Zhol on May 22nd, 2015, 3:28 am

As Zhol's momentary confusion melted into comprehension, a small bubble of hope formed in his chest, tentatively inflating, tentatively broadening the fledgeling smile that graced itself upon his lips. A subtle tilt of his head, a subtle brush of his fingers to move aside the cascade of copper hair that blocked his view, and his gaze settled upon what Khara had evidently just seen.

Awe and wonder filled his eyes as his fingertips traced the outline of it. One moment it looked like a feather, as gentle and delicate as Khara; but then the metallic sheen caught a reflection of the candle light, and suddenly it was fire, warm and dangerous in equal measure, just like Zhol's reimancy. He'd heard that Chevas marks were supposed to represent those who were joined by them; what better way to represent he and Khara than with fire and a feather, as if it were a fragment plucked from an Emberwing?

A kiss was the answer to Khara's question, deep and passionate, his fingers sliding into place to cradle the back of Khara's neck so that his thumb could brush delicately across the mark that bound the two of them together. "I do," he whispered back, letting himself draw away enough to return his gaze to hers. His smile was unstoppable; while he knew it couldn't possibly be true, at that moment it felt as if nothing would ever be able to remove it. "I have never been more sure of anything in all my days."

His smile grew broader still; his eyes, overfilled with love and adoration, began to leak the surplus into a subtle sheen that glistened across his vision. "I look upon the most wonderful woman I have ever known, and she is my wife. I am hers and she is mine, and even the gods agree that it should be so. I do not just want this, Khara: this is perfection. I truly am the luckiest man alive."

This template was made by Khara. She is part of the Rebel Alliance, and a traitor.
Zhol
Carry on, wayward son.

Words: 710796
Joined roleplay: July 10th, 2014, 4:45 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)

Colours and Promises

Postby Khara on May 22nd, 2015, 4:19 am

There were a few times in Khara's life that she could think on and say she felt so entirely happy it felt almost radiant, but this, this was far beyond that. There was nothing else she could say and her eyes searched his, not for a hint of any lack of sincerity, but rather to take in the simple sight of them and the way he looked at her. She saw Zhol then for all he was; her horse boy, her lover, her guardian, her husband.

She kissed him again, with all the love and adoration she could possibly convey through such a thing. Her arm moved from under her, lowering her back to their bedding and pulled herself closer to him again. As her lips parted from his, Khara couldn't help but smile, still finding even just the simplest of conveyances refusing to be spoken aloud.

Her other hand returned softly to gently run her fingers against the mark at his neck, her other arm moving under him to wrap around Zhol's waist as Khara settled herself back against him. Rather than resume staring into his eyes - something that wasn't unwanted in the slightest - she allowed herself to indulge another desire as her head found it's place against his chest and she listened to the steady beat of the heart that belonged to her. It was just as Zhol had said - they were each others, and no one could deny it any longer, not even the darker thoughts that tried to take hold of her at times.

Wife. Khara still wasn't entirely certain what all the word meant, or what it would mean to anyone else, but they had promised each other and she had forever to find out.

Image Image Image
Khara
Lost Little Sparrow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Colours and Promises

Postby Mirage on June 19th, 2015, 5:24 pm

Khara

Skills Improved
  • Acrobatics - +1
  • Endurance - +1
  • Flirting - +3
  • Rhetoric - +2
  • Stealth - +1
  • Seduction - +1

Lores Gained
  • Auristics: Seeing more than can be seen
  • Endrykas: One man can marry multiple wives
  • Endrykas: Children are an important part of culture
  • Cheva: Goddess of Marriage and Union
  • Zhol: My Husband

Awards
+1 Cheva Mark

Character Notes
Great job! If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to PM me!

Zhol

Skills Improved
  • Flirting - +3
  • Observation - +1
  • Rhetoric - +1
  • Seduction - +1
  • Teaching - +2

Lores Gained
  • Khara: My Wife
  • Wind Reach: No real act of 'marriage'

Awards
+1 Cheva Mark

Character Notes
Great job! If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to PM me!

Truth Hidden by a Mirage :
So I do not usually grade mushy/lovey threads like this, and near the beginning I was almost gagging on the sappiness of it all. Now don't judge, and remember I've been on Sahova for more than 2 years now where there are literally 0 romances going on ever. This thread almost killed me, with no violence or gore or anything, but I am glad i kept going. The writing was phenomenal and the story got better and better after I pushed through some of the more heart tugging moments. This was a fantastic thread, and you guys are only the 2nd couple i have had the honor of awarding Cheva marks to.

Zhol, hate to say it but there was not much to give you lore or skill wise since you spent most of the time providing info for Khara and directing. It was fantastically done by the way, but not many points all around. For Khara though i felt she kept learning and doing more and more stuff whether she meant to or not. I mean come on she earned that endurance and acrobatics point lol. All in all great job you two, and while I wont say you have changed my taste for the magical and violent, I will say that I am far more open to threads like this in the future especially with you two involved.

A side note, I may or may not have been talking about your thread in chat as I read, and most of chat at the time may or may not have read your thread to and adored it. Just a little heads up for you guys. I wasn't the only one who had a lot to say about your writing ^.^

Let me know if you have any questions! As always, Happy Writing!

Question your Reality,
Mirage

Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Previous