[Zhol's Scrapbook] Unladen Swallows

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Zhol on August 11th, 2014, 11:32 pm

Saying that I like rambling about random stuff is like saying I like breathing - it's just a thing that happens, whether I decide it does or not. Since I also like bandwagons, I figured I would make one of these scrapbook thingies so that I can subject you all to my random thoughts.

About me... everyone calls me Jace; I'm 27; born in Scotland but raised all over the place (so I unfortunately don't have the cool accent, unless a considerable amount of alcohol is inside me); I am a nerd of titanic proportions about a whole bunch of different things; and the inside of my brain is like a less useful, less reliable version of wikipedia, which is awesome if you're doing a pub quiz or if you genuinely want to know what the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow is, but not for much else other than that. I'm currently writing -

• Zhol over in Wind Reach
  • Glen Fiddich in Sunberth
  • Orxan Stormsinger in Endrykas
I'm probably going to ramble (and vlog!) about characters and such in here at some point, and/or other stuff... but if you have questions, comments, insults, lyrics to annoying songs that you maliciously want to get stuck in my head, or if you think you've spotted some easter egg or shamelessly stolen reference to some cult thing that you want to call me out on to make sure I don't think I got away with it... feel free!

Vlog Index

January 2015
Vlog #1 : Vlog #2 : Vlog #3

February 2015
Vlog #4
Last edited by Zhol on February 8th, 2015, 5:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Zhol
Carry on, wayward son.

Words: 710796
Joined roleplay: July 10th, 2014, 4:45 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)

Postby Zhol on January 25th, 2015, 8:48 pm

A vlog thing, in which I get easily distracted, reference all of the things, and my microphone periodically rubs against the zipper on my hoodie making a sound like a farting mosquito.
Zhol
Carry on, wayward son.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Azira on January 25th, 2015, 11:58 pm

So this was fun. It took me ages to watch it because my iPod decided it was allergic to YouTube (let's me watch music related stuff for 2 and a half hours, has a sneezing fit and switches off the video every thirty seconds to a minute. What you might call them selective allergies) and of course it was 20 minutes long (well 21 and something minutes but we won't be picky).

I laughed far too much because you'd say a thing and I'd be like "He said a thing, ha ha ha". I'm cool like that, you know what I'm like. I also have a really bad, chesty cough right now so every time I laughed, I'd cough. So yes fun times. ;)

There is nothing wrong with being freaked out by cotton wool, butterfly boy. Lots of people I know are freaked out by cotton wool, which includes the sound it makes when you tear it and stuff. I know nobody else who cries over butterflies though. People who are terrified of ladybirds (I don't get that one at all) but no phobias of butterflies or other things that do things and fly in your face and stuff. I can't even sentence right now. :|

I laughed over the bat thing because of BatBran coming to WR in the Spring but I almost choked over the echolocation/can't fly in face thing. It just so happens that I heard David Attenborough say the other night that he had one fly into his face after he'd said they couldn't do that kind of thing because of echolocation. You of course can appreciate the humour of this kind of thing because I am your evil Irish twin and we understand each other. :lol:

Anyway, my very small ramble aside, I would like to know more about Glen (you mentioned him and said no more and now I must ask you things like where he came from so you can give us long, simple answers) and more Zhol stuff.

Zhol

1) Why did you decide on Endrykas as Zhol's point of origin?
2) What drew you to Reimancy for Zhol? Aside from wanting to set pavilions on fire and threaten irritating huntresses. :P You mentioned that he'd had elemental powers in his previous incarnations so was it purely that or did you have different reasons?
3) If Zhol could be the god of something, what would it be? (totally random question!)
4) What drew Zhol to Wind Reach IC? How did he hear about it and why did he decide that it was the place for him?
5) Would Zhol ever choose to leave Wind Reach?
6) If Zhol was forced to leave WR and couldn't go back to Endrykas, where do you think he'd end up?

Glen

1) What inspired the creation of Glen? (Cue long winded answer that requires you to make notes in order to keep up)
2) What made you choose to make Glen a poor example of a Svefra?
3) What Hogwarts house would Glen be in? (You never said and I have to see if he's stupid or not)

That's all for now. I make things so easy for you but then I wouldn't be your evil twin if I didn't make your life more interesting. ;)

P.S. You must make Sarah make a vlog.
Nari | Common
Template courtesy of Khara
4 out of 5 active threads

Azira
Prodigal Daughter

Words: 907811
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2013, 3:43 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Drusilla on January 26th, 2015, 7:48 pm

After watching your Vlog and Azira's, my only though was we all would be the best of friends if we met. (I should make one of these things......)

Zhol did freak out the first time Dru met him, he thought the cave was singing at him and went into the fetal position on the ground.
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Words: 272571
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2010, 6:55 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2

Postby Glen Fiddich on January 28th, 2015, 9:17 pm

Note to self: work out how to compress vlog videos into a smaller file size. This next one is taking six hours to upload. :lol:
Glen Fiddich
Let me axe you a question...

Words: 50009
Joined roleplay: October 2nd, 2014, 9:03 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Zhol on January 29th, 2015, 2:15 am

Another vlog? Already?!

Yes, because I apparently have poor impulse control, and I answer questions for the same reason that Captain Kirk climbs mountains: because I'm in love because it's there.

I'm sure I will get the hang of not vlogging forever eventually.

Maybe.
Zhol
Carry on, wayward son.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Drusilla on January 29th, 2015, 3:41 am

Okay, okay which Disney Princesses would your PCs be and why?
Also keep all Pavi hand signs on screen!
Common|Symenos|Nari|Pavi

My Girls
Drusilla|Lyn'nice|
Piper|
Sioffra
Drusilla
New mother

Words: 272571
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2010, 6:55 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2

Postby Zhol on January 30th, 2015, 11:31 pm

I'm going to be posting another vlog tomorrow or Sunday, but in the meantime, here is David Tennant talking about cats and puppies.

Zhol
Carry on, wayward son.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Zhol on January 31st, 2015, 8:46 pm

Having to run today's vlog through a file converter, because it's too long/big to upload on my crappy internet without taking a bajillion years. I suggest making the same preparations before watching as you would before a long car journey - go to the bathroom, make sure you have water and snacks, and tell a loved one where you're going so they can send a search and rescue party if some tragic ramble-related accident befalls you.

It's actually long enough to splice in some American style ad breaks. Know anyone who would like to sell things to my vast and diverse audience? :paranoid:

Zhol
Carry on, wayward son.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Zhol on February 1st, 2015, 1:39 am

Warning to those who are uncomfortable with swearing: I forgot to not-swear a few times, so sorry about that.

As before, brevity continues to elude me.
Zhol
Carry on, wayward son.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes