Closed Let's Talk My Dear... (Ignotus)

Evalin returns to see Ignotus, though her intentions are not clear...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Let's Talk My Dear... (Ignotus)

Postby Evalin on May 28th, 2015, 3:34 am

63rd of Spring, 515 AV
Time: Late Morning

She had thought about what to do next for quite a while. This, much like last time, was like walking into the den of snakes. It would take only one misstep and the viper would strike, ending the life of the trespasser before she had a chance to react. It was dangerous to be here, she knew, but she had to come. She simply had to. Her mission was not yet complete, and besides she had other more pressing business to attend to...

Evalin knew what he had done, what he had attempted to do. Ignotus was just like every other Hypnotist in this world. Vial, corrupt, and despicable beyond measure. She had always believed he could not be trusted and now more than ever she knew that to be so. He was powerful, more so than she could accept, but then that was also why she wanted him.

As she approached the entrance to the Lord Council office Evalin smiled, stroking the icy gem at her neck, My soul trembles Tsenrika... Unlike any time before, it trembles with...

Fear?

Excitement. Her grin grew as she pushed the door open, striding confidently in and directly to the desk of Tranaris, the man's expression showing he recognized the woman who had come to visit. She made sure that she looked exactly as she had that day. Long hair, black dress and black nails and not but bare feet that tramped across the floor as if she owned the building herself. Though around her neck today there was not one, but two items. The first was the usual icy gem that hung close to the opening of her dress, but the other was a simple silver chain from which hung a small empty vial.

"Good sir, please call Ignotus and tell him Evalin has come to take him up on his offer of a day on the town." Her smile never wavered as she leaned on the desk, tapping a nail as she did, "I have little time and I will be leaving the city soon, so he would do well to hurry and take my offer before I change my mind."

Purchase :
2oz pendent vial: 2GM

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ignotus Everto on May 29th, 2015, 9:24 pm

Tranaris was not quite as alarmed as he was the first time, simply saying "He'll be right with you." with typical bureaucrat stoicism before standing up to fetch the Lord of Council. Glancing down at Evalin's bare feet, he added aloofly "And put some shoes on, please." Two chimes after Tranaris returned, Ignotus walked downstairs, a welcoming smile on his face.

The wizard had toned down the pageantry, settling for a sapphire blue shirt and brocade vest, black silk pants, white gloves of the same material, and, of course, his cane. His hair was combed back elegantly, and on his chest glimmered the badge of his office. "My darling Evalin," he purred, "how delighted I am to see you in good spirits!" Every step the Hypnotist took down into the lobby seemed to emanate a vague familiarity, the inviting twinkle in his eyes whispering sweet promises of power and reassurances of trustworthiness to Evalin's subconscious mind.

"I'm glad you accepted my invitation." he said as he stopped next to her, "I was beginning to worry we'd part ways before really getting to know each other."
That's a good idea. said the magic. Get to know him.
"Now, where shall we go first? Shoe shopping, perhaps?" Ignotus said wryly. There were many things the Nuit was eager to talk about, but most of them were best discussed out of earshot.

A thousand thanks to Phoenix for the gorgeous blue frame, and a thousand more to Edreina for her beautiful magic-themed one!

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Words: 292905
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 5:57 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Evalin on July 6th, 2015, 8:28 pm

Evalin glanced down at her wiggling toes, chewing her lip thoughtfully as she did, Never have I thought of it before now, but how liberating it is not to be confined within the barriers of a boot or slipper. It adds a new found sense of fondness for the moment when one's mind need not wonder if these feet dressings be too tight or too lose.

Perhaps that man's demeanor might change as well if he thought to discard his own footwear then. Tsenrika commented dryly.

Think you so my dear Tsenrika?

No.

Evalin frowned and shrugged, turning to lean against the desk, and then decided to hop up and sit on it instead. As Ignotus came around Evalin would be found kicking her feet, a tune humming under her breath that vanished as soon as she saw him.

"Ignotus." Evalin smiled, ignoring her feelings of familiarity and writing them off as another of his tricks. It did not matter what she thought, or felt. There was a plan, an act she must follow, and while she followed this course she had so carefully plotted out she need not fear any dabbling in her mind. No matter what, things would go as planned. Tsenrika would see to that.

"Never could I allow us to part ways in such ill spirit, given we are now partners in what is to come." Sliding back down to the floor the Immortal caught the edges of her dress, lifting them up as she dipped her body down in a very modest curtsey.

"Let us walk." She said simply, sliding forward in one motion to catch onto the Nuit's arm, folding her own around his and pulling herself close as she looked up at him with those hungry red eyes, "But my dear, let us be rid of your attempts at humor. The last century has done nothing for your jokes."

Evalin laughed, half an act, the other half because of the magic at work on her emotions. "Shopping you say? Yes, perhaps that would be fun. I have found a new interest in clothing of late, and there is the matter of finding a potential place to stay on my next trip to Zeltiva. Unless of course you wish to have me stay in your chambers." Again she laughed, half forced as she was only partially joking. It would be quite convenient to be scene staying near this man who seemed so powerful and influential in the city, but with a shrug Evalin waved out toward the door and the city beyond, "But please, you lead as you know your city far better than I.
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)