Closed [Herald's Arms] A Blessed Brawl (Sylvette, Aventis, S'essy)

Orin and Sylvette starts a brawl in The Herald's Arms and Aventis and S'essy are called in

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Herald's Arms] A Blessed Brawl (Sylvette, Aventis, S'essy)

Postby Orin Fenix on April 8th, 2015, 2:01 pm

Evening, 87th of Spring, 515AV

Orin glared at the mug of ale in front of him as if it had caused Orin a personal affront. Of course, that was more to do with his day that the ale. Orin had gotten into a row that could only be described as epic with Rondo which had ended up with Orin becoming jobless. Seeing as The Rearing Stallion was probably not the best location for Orin to visit at this particular moment in time, seeing as he’d just pissed off one of the tavern’s major employees. So Orin had come to The Herald’s Arms, Sylvette in tow, in a misguided attempt to drown his sorrows. Of course, Orin had remembered that he didn’t drink for a reason only after he’d ordered his first mug of ale, so he’d simply been sitting here for a bell or so nursing his grudge and complaining to Sylvette who had obviously left The Rearing Stallion as well. She was seated across from him at one of the corner tables. Orin’s back was to the room and his shoulders were slumped. His hands were gripped tightly around the mug and his knuckles were white with tension. ”Rondo is a close-minded, bigoted, idiotic, childlike and just plain dumb person. You know it, I know it, even Remi and Kevith know it but everybody is so afraid of losing his services that act like they’re walking on eggshells around him. Besides, he’s nothing special. I’m a better chef than him. Especially since I’m not a terrible person who throws a hissy fit every time something goes my way. But no it’s always Rondo this and Rondo that and I hate Rondo.” Orin had been ranting in a similar vein for quite a while now. He wasn’t even paying attention to Sylvette to see if she was listening. Orin had about two seasons worth of pent up aggression to get out and nothing short of a club to the head would stop him.

Actually that turned out not to be quite true as a deeply masculine voice boomed out behind Orin. ”What’re you doing with this scrawny feller, girlie? Come with me and I can show you a good time.” A mountain of a man had come up behind Orin while he’d been speaking. The new arrival reeked of booze and had an attractive enough face, although his nose was a bit crooked indicating it had likely been broken in the past. He was swaying from side to side belaying his drunken state. Orin spun his chair around and stood up, ale in hand. This man wasn’t who Orin really wanted to take his anger out on but he sure was a convenient target. ”Now, my friend and I were just having a friendly conversation before you rudely interrupted us. I’ve had a terrible day and you sir, are not making it better. Leave. Now. Before I get really angry.” Orin fixed the man with his best glare. Hopefully that would be enough to deter the unwanted attention. Otherwise, the bulging muscles in the man’s arms and chest meant that Orin was likely in for a beating.

The man guffawed at Orin. Apparently Orin’s scariest face was cute to him. He leered at Sylvette then focused in on Orin, his eyes taking a while to focus as a result of the alcohol in his blood. He belched then gave Orin a toothy grin. ”Big words, little man. You think you can stop me from taking what I want? Well, think again.” With that, the man reached for Orin, his huge hands opening to try and shove Orin out of the way. And then that careful wall that Orin kept between himself and his darker emotions finally came tumbling down. Orin threw the ale into the other man’s face even as he dodged out of the way. For good measure, Orin threw the mug at him as well and felt a fierce satisfaction when it hit him in the nose. Taking no chances, Orin threw a kick at the man’s groin and hit it as hard as he dared. The man doubled over with a squeal, then tipped to the ground. ”I told you to leave,” Orin commented fiercely, before turning to reseat himself.

Unfortunately, a hand gripped Orin’s ankle and he felt himself tugged to the ground. Falling in a heap, Orin was shocked at the man’s swift recovery. Rolling under the table to get out of the way, Orin sprang up on the other side. Unfortunately the man had gotten to his feet and murder was in his eyes. And it looked like he’d brought friends with him tonight. The proprietor tried to make his way over, club in hand but two of the man’s cronies intercepted him. And then everything exploded into chaos.

Orin completely lost sight of Sylvette although his bond with her meant that he had a general sense of her current location. Hopefully it would also tell him if she became injured. Orin had more important issues to worry about. A flurry of first swung at him and Orin picked up his chair as an impromptu shield. Unfortunately one blow got past and slammed into Orin’s gut. With the breath knocked out of him, the chair dropped out of Orin’s fingers and the beating began. Orin fended off as many punches as he could and managed to deter a few attackers by biting at their wrists when they tried to grab Orin’s shirt or by clawing at their eyes when a face swirled into view. However, soon Orin’s body was in agony and he felt his strength waning. He was down to just the first foe at that seeing as the rest of the crowd he’d come with had been drawn into fights all over The Herald’s Arms.
Orin Fenix
Almost Iron But Actually Master Chef

Words: 1186489
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 12:06 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Sylvette Sciath on April 9th, 2015, 9:03 pm

Sylvette was worried, this day had not been a good one. Sylvette thought about their current situation, they were sitting at a tavern called the heralds arms and Orin seemed to have the plan to drink himself into a stupor while venting about the many injustices Rondo had done him since his employment had began at the Rearing stallion, and abruptly ended. Rondo had indeed been an insufferable person to be around while Sylvette had worked at the stallion, and she hadn't even been in contact with him half as much as Orin had. Though today the argument between Rondo and Orin had finally come to a head, and the result, Orin and Sylvette being jobless. Truly a horrible turn of events and the results were likely ones that would be causing Orin and Sylvette trouble for some time to come. Though how much of this was On Orin's mind Sylvette did not know, she merely knew that right now Orin was in a dark place in both soul and mind, and Sylvette did not know how to pull him out of it, and that scared her.

As Sylvette thought about this though she saw a rather large man approach their table and he was eyeing her like some do a piece of meat. the man was obviously drunk and it was quite obvious that Sylvette was his target as he sauntered over as only a drunken man can do and if his visage was not intimidating enough then the voice that came out of him more than made up for it. ”What’re you doing with this scrawny feller, girlie? Come with me and I can show you a good time.” he said looking at her, though he had managed not only to try to solicit Sylvette but he had slighted Orin in the process. Thus Sylvette immediately didn't like the man at all. But before Sylvette could say anything to the man Orin did it for her. Telling the man to leave before he angered him. though sadly, the confrontation didn't end with that. Placing a hand on Orin's shoulder the man shoved him calling Orin's bluff, and that is when what little semblance of calm Orin had been holding broke. Orin threw his mug into the mans face and proceeded to place a kick in the man's groin effectively dropping him to his knees. Though this is were Orin made his biggest mistake, he turned his back on his opponent, This gave the man time get I firm grip on Orin's ankle and bring him to the ground with him. With that chaos broke loose on the tavern as a large fight broke out with Orin at it's center. Sylvette's first thought was that she needed to help Orin, the man had began to wail on Orin his fists falling like hammers on him. Leaping from her chair Sylvette jumped onto the table that was separating her from Orin using it as a way to get to her partner faster. Jumping off of the table Sylvette jumped onto the man attacking Orin falling upon the man's back in a frenzy of nails and teeth. clawing at the man's face and arms as she tried to pull the drunken man off of her partner. As Sylvette was attacking the man she felt a heavy impact to her ribs and a resounding crack followed by an incredible burst of pain, Sylvette saw a large boot withdrawing just as quickly as it had come, It seemed on of the mans friends had kicked her in the ribs while she was attacking the the man assaulting her partner. Though as much as it hurt Sylvette would not give up one getting the man off of Orin instead taking out her pain on the man by Biting into one of his arms as he pulled back to lay another fist into Orin.
Sylvette Sciath
Ginger

Words: 37951
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2014, 4:24 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Aventis on May 30th, 2015, 9:10 pm

OOCHey... I'm sorry it's so short. I didn't much know what to do and figured it would be best if I let the scene unfold a little bit.

As of the norm, Aventis was patrolling at the moment.

The Eypharian often ended his mornings, afternoons, evenings, and nights with a patrol, as was his duty. He was walking slowly tonight, sauntering even, and rather enjoyed it. It wasn’t often that the squire enjoyed his duties. Of course, there was always the mandatory level of enjoyment, wherein Aventis would have no issue repeating the laborious task, but today, for some reason he did not quite understand, felt like he should walk taller, hold his head higher, puff his chest out and keep his chin up.

He even let his additional arms hang out of his cloak for a small time when no one else was around, of course they immediately retreated back into the dark folds of his cloak a moment later, but it was liberating nonetheless.

Tonight, all he carried was his rapier, which hung freely on his belt, bouncing slightly with every step he took, and a shield borrowed from the Knighthood. His route tonight was short and took the form of a thin rectangle; this was his first round.

At the far end of his route was The Herald’s Arms. Fights didn’t happen too often in Syliras, but any place that sold alcohol was bound to cause trouble. As far as the squire knew, he was the only one on patrol tonight.

Aventis sighed as he recognized that, for the first time in his career, he would have to keep crowd control. And with that he walked towards the destination, just to keep his eyes on what was happening, of course.
Last edited by Aventis on June 6th, 2015, 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Shameless self advertising. Feel free to make a request!

Aventis
Your brother in multiple arms

Words: 158586
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2014, 9:14 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby S'Essy on May 31st, 2015, 6:21 am

Placeholder
Unless I promised one, I can not accept any more threads at the moment! I'm sorry.
ImageImage
S'Essy
Markus' advisor

Words: 267181
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2014, 6:16 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Sylvette Sciath on June 1st, 2015, 1:55 am

Placeholder for me as well
Sylvette Sciath
Ginger

Words: 37951
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2014, 4:24 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Dove Brown on November 4th, 2017, 11:12 pm

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request. If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding your grade, please do not hesitate to send me a PM.

Orin Fenix
Skills
  • Rhetoric 1
  • Intimidation 1
  • Brawling 1
  • Unarmed Combat 1
Lores
  • Ranting away sorrows
  • Brawling: mug to the nose

Sylvette
Skills
  • XP
Lores
  • Lore:
Miscellaneous
  • Mizas (+/-) | Amount
  • Item Purchased (+/-) | Amount
  • Item Sold (+/-) | Amount

Grade withheld due to inactivity

Aventis
Skills
  • XP
Lores
  • Lore:
Miscellaneous
  • Mizas (+/-) | Amount
  • Item Purchased (+/-) | Amount
  • Item Sold (+/-) | Amount

Grade withheld due to inactivity

Comments: Pity this didn't go anywhere. Enjoy your grades
Very busy at work. May not be around much for a while.
Threads: 3/3

Dove Brown
Keeping my head, my backbone, and my heart

Words: 181194
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2015, 9:36 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)