Solo The Book Thief

Fallon is called in to help with a case of a missing book and a suspect.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

The Book Thief

Postby Fallon on May 4th, 2015, 8:05 am

90th Spring 515 AV
Morning

There was something slightly intimidating about the idea of being called by one of Zeltiva's powers. It made her palms sweat slightly, the gentle rise of adrenal that continued to climb. It was in her grasp that she held the sealed missive, the request with the wax seal stuck to it - the guard of all things, she could not help but feel slightly uncomfortable over the entire idea. Of course, she knew and understood on why she had been requested - or at least partially. The letter she had grasped between her digits signified that much - they had pulled in a suspect for a crime, and it was up to her to interrogate and investigate. While she did not have complete and utter free reign upon the case, she was still allowed her moments it seemed - and the thought continued as she approached the main establishment for the day, the head quarters of the Zeltivan Waveguard. With a clear of her throat she entered, barely a blip of time as she crossed the threshold of the station and was before the desk. The clerk, a man dressed in the same azure uniform as the others of his ilk raised a brow to her.

"Morning gentlemen, Miss Skylar of the S.W.I., you sent a missive to me this morning requesting some help with an investigation," She placed the letter down then between them, allowing him the chance to lift it and inspect it with a raised eyebrow. With a scan of it he looked upon it in silence, lips occasionally twitching as he silently spoke the words. It was then, slowly that he spoke "I see. It is good of you to join us. I am guessing you know not a lot on the situation at hand?"
"No, short of you wanting me to investigate something. A crime I am guessing?"
"Essentially, yes,"
There was a pause as he passed the letter back to her, "Everything seems to be in order. We have him currently in one of the holding cells while we conduct further investigations. He is just a suspect and we would like to have as much evidence as possible before we subject punishment."
"Sounds fair,"
Fallon tucked the letter away inside into one of her pockets. She watched the guard shift out from behind one of the desks and gesture for her to follow closely, "So, you going to tell me about them?"

It was through one the doors and downwards into the basement that Fallon was lead, the voice of the guard quiet as he tried to explain the situation the best he could - though she could not help but detect the uneasiness in his voice, "Yes. He was one of the workers on the Falconer's estate, Allan Cox. Found him with one of the keys to their private library and discovered one of their books were missing. Only one that seemed suspicious and had no one speak up for him, no one had seen him all night long until the morning," He took out a wrought iron key to one of the cells then, a wooden door with a grill in the top. Along the corridor was the jail keeper, a quick approach as he looked Fallon up and down before at last nodding, "This the inspector."
"Got that right sir,"
she answered, and offered her hand forward to shake. He took it, and then looked down to the weaponry upon her, "Going to have to ask you to leave your sharps outside the cell though, security and all that."

Her lips gave a purse into a line, a moment of begrudging flaring up at her as she unbuckled the kukri harness and passed it over to him. With a nod he spoke firmly, "I'll return it when you leave. Got it covered here deskmate," The guard gave only a nod then and quickly pivoted around on his heel back on out. With a raise of the brow Fallon gave an incline of the head to the door.
"So, how is he?"
"Quiet. Bit broody. Looks a bit rough around the edges,"
came the response as he sifted through the keys to the door. He spoke up then, "Stand clear of the door! Stand clear!"
"Standing clear..."
came the sighed, gasped response from behind. Hinges gave a groan, the wood and iron swinging inward to give her entrance to the cell. There in the corner perched the man, dishevelment beginning to creep in with a hand cupped lightly over his nose. A lack of chains and manacles Fallon noted as she stepped in, catching a flicker of surprise in his gaze. It was with blocked tones that he spoke, "You're not the same interrogator as before."
"Got that right. But you are Allan Cox,"
She offered her words as the jailed door was shut, "So, shall we begin?"

OOCPermission received to run a self moderated thread in this location and later the Falconer's Estate, with use of NPCs for basic functions to further personal plot provided by Perplexity. For a brief outline of the plot: Visit the Jail, interrogate suspect, consider further investigation points, approach estate, be greeted and given more information carry on investigating and reach conclusion.
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

The Book Thief

Postby Fallon on May 28th, 2015, 4:33 pm

"You're going to begin anyway, so why does it matter?" he spoke in defeated tones, the stubby fingers gently touching his swollen face. She could see the formation of bruising beneath his eyes and the rust coloured residue of blood - a blow to the nose perhaps? It was not her immediate concern either way. Taking her lean against the wall, Fallon gave him another glance up and down before slowly nodding to herself. Body language, defensive but defeated - he looked for no fight but seemed aggravated, perhaps he felt betrayed for some reason or another?
"So, Mister Cox," Fallon began, "It appears that one of the books of the Falconer's Estate is missing-"
"I told 'em, like I'm about to tell you, it wasn't me. Why'd I go betray the Sir's trust like that? Comfy job and all, lookin' after the house. Why blow it on a stupid book."
"Why blow it indeed?"
She purred back, "So, tell me about the Falconer's state. It's not something I'm familiar with."
"Not a local then?"
"No, probably why they have I here - look at the situation without biased, or something,"
She gave a flick of the hand as if to wave the thought away, "So, enlighten me. The Falconer's. You work for them, so what is their interest? Their game?"

She could see him pause then, a momentary falter before he puffed his cheeks. Pride seemed to fill him then, the hand pulling away to reveal that marred face and features. Even the eyes seem to grow in their brightness, the shoulders squaring as if what he was about to say was a pure and undeniable fact, "They're an old bunch, all praise be to Eyris and her wisdom," Fallon raised an eyebrow to that, the Lykata giving its own tingling prickle to the name, "Mighty library too. Head of the house says who can go in to it or not, but he and the family boast it's the biggest private library in all of the East. Seems to be where they think I stole that book from. But I'm telling you. Wasn't me. Wasn-"
"Mister Cox."
"Right, right. They're a big bunch of traders, least that's what their main business is with the ties to the Aristan's Guild. Everyone knows that though, some say they take their vessels as far as Black Rock, right to the south of the continent,"
It was a name that meant nothing to Fallon, "Couldn't say what though, probably expensive stuff though - not your normal trade ilk like food."
"Expensive stuff?"
Fallon questioned, a low hum in her voice, "Luxuries would you say? Gemstones perhaps?"
"Yes, maybe. I don't know the full details. Not my business to know. My job is to just to keep things clean y'know, keep the small gardens tidy. Don't go into the main house much."

He gave a grunt them, his lips lifting into a snarl as he continued to tentatively touch his nose. Throbbing and aching, Fallon gave him time to pause, assess himself and clear his mind of the haze brought on by pain and discomfort. It was her own mind that continued to tick over however, piecing together what she did know. He had been cooperative so far, though he had denied his involvement with the crime. Clearing her throat she looked down upon him, "So, Mister Cox. What were you doing yesterday?"
"Yesterday?"
he paused then, "Well, tending the grounds as always. Nothing different than usual."
"So, no particularly differences to normal?"
"Not really. Master Falconer had a guest round in the morning, one of his ship captains I think. Don't know the details, I only showed him up into the house you see,"
the man lowered his fingers to rub upon his jaw, "After that I went back to work."
"And after work, at night?"
"I had my dinner with the other staff and spent all night in my room."
"You got an alibi for that?"
She watched him sigh and shake his head in response. Her lips pursed into a line, "So nothing unusual? No suspicious things at all?"
FALLON

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

The Book Thief

Postby Fallon on May 28th, 2015, 4:33 pm

There was a moment of silence, the obvious clear slowed thinking as he considered, "Well, one of the house ladies were behaving strange when she was in the gardens - kept looking up to the windows."
"Did you not mention this to the others when they questioned you?"
"I did, but they just said it was coincidence,"
Fallon could heat the annoyance in his tone then, the almost bitter sound that trembled after it, "They don't care, they've already decided."
"Mister Cox, shall we continue? They found you with the key, did they not?"
"They did,"
"Do you remember how you came to hold onto it?"
"No,"
Fallon frowned at him then, a disapproving look blooming from her features, "I don't! I got woken up while the house guards were performing a search and they found it in my coat pocket."
"You live-"
"On site, in the servant quarters with the others. Nearby for work that way. Makes sense to Master Falconer."
It was a snippet she recorded in her mind, "About six of us live there. All can get in and out easily."
"Mister Cox,"
Fallon paused him then, "Have you considered that someone may have framed you?"
"Framed me? Why'd they want to do that? I mean, it's possible but..."

With the look of insult having formed itself, and a pride little more than bruised Fallon turned to moving the conversation along as quickly as possible, "So, you woke up... this morning? Was arrested, and you do not know how you got the key... Where is the book?"
"I don't know. I don't have it."
"Then why did you take it?"
"Why'd I want to do that? Ruin myself?"
He scowled, "I don't have it, I don't know where it is."
"Then where would you hide it?"
"I don't bloody know! Not in the same room as me that's for certain. Could be anywhere."
"Indeed. Indeed,"
Fallon hummed to herself. There was another pause as she weighed up the situation, "So, the book has not been found. And you are apparently acting... difficult for them?"
"I told you like I told them, it wasn't me. Why'd I want to? Master Falconer treats me nicely, just like the rest of his staff. Pays us nicely too, gives us a roof over out head. Really think I'd just blow it on some book?"
"For the right price..."
she purred in response. Disgust flared this time, almost as the very notion of such an accusation repulsed him, "No? Well..." It was with a sigh then that Fallon began the slow process of leaning away, "Nothing else you wish to admit to? You are going to be stuck in here a while after all."

There was a long moment of silence, before he looked at her now with frightened eyes, "I didn't do it."
"I know,"
was the answer Fallon gave. It was with a knock on the cell door and the requesting call of the guard that allowed her exit. The step out of the cell and the locking of the door once more served as her return to the real world, the eyes blinking as she looked to the Jailer. It was with only a shrug and a lower tone that she spoke, "Going to guess you heard that."
"Yes Miss Skylar,"
came the low response. He offered the belt and the kukri back to her then, and it was carefully she took it. With a small nod of thanks she gave a glance back to the cell, "I think... I am going to have to pay these Falconer's a visit and poke about myself."
"Think you may have gotten something then? Or an idea?"
"Perhaps, have to wait and find out,"
It was with that Fallon began to make her move, rising up from the basement and onto the main floor. From the inside of her notebook she began to make her notes, barely jotting down a set of ink scrawls as she passed the desk. She gave barely a wave to the man behind it, "I'll be back later with results," and promptly barged the door of the head quarters. It was time to get to work and see the situation for itself.
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

The Book Thief

Postby Fallon on June 3rd, 2015, 12:41 pm

ImageFallon gave a chew upon her lip, her eyes narrowing down for a moment of careful consideration. Her options were few right now, but she had a lead in which to work on - approach the estate itself and survey the scene. That was, of course, if they would even let her onto the grounds let alone the crime scene. Reaching into her pockets as she walked, the inspector began to gather the notes within her head and put them to paper. To begin with there was the estate itself and the book in question - an object that was still presently missing. Then there was the current suspect who did not know where the book was to begin with. Finally, there was the Falconer's themselves - owners of a private library, which in turn suggested that this was probably far from a cheap piece that could be inspected by all in the university library.

No, that generally meant there was some value - a rarity that to the right person could be sold. Of course, the issue then would be selling it without it becoming common knowledge - and Allan Cox frankly did not seem to have the capability to achieve such a goal. Her lips gave a twist before she sighed, long strides taken as she took out the paces to the Ancient Quarter. He was far too simple of a man. Which left the problem of then once more picking out the culprit. With a hum Fallon quickened her pace, stiff hand moving as she tried to keep some level of legibility in her writing. It was obviously someone who was good at covering up their tracks and knew the art of planting evidence - more so with things so seemingly obvious before.

Her gaze turned forwards as the streets began to change, the slow drag from the lower class up into one of a more exquisite nature. Fallon pulled her collar into shape, smoothing out the creases and pushing herself to stand tall. She deserved be here, she belonged here was the outward appearance she put on. Her chin lifted, the occasional glance from those who seemed momentarily confused by her presence - but still she walked, steps firm as the various tools at her disposal clinked against her. Presence, she had to maintain it while working - without it and the ability to dissect what was before her the woman would have lost the right to be an investigator. At least, that was in her own eyes.

With the Estate looming ahead and the walls granting some privacy from the outside world, Fallon gave a peer at the great crested gate that allowed entrance into the small grounds of the family. A weathered brass, a soft sheen in the light with the polished F gracing the peak of it. Beneath stood one of the household guards, who in return gave her a relatively unfazed look even as she made her approach. She spoke up, "Good day. This is the Falconer's Estate?"
"Aye, yes it is Miss Lady,"
He spoke up then, straightening as he looked at her, "Did you have business here? Master Falconer is a bit busy right now with happenings."
"Private Inspector Skylar,"
Fallon introduced herself, offering her hand forward into a shake, "I'm aware of what's going on, I am here to conduct investigations and assist with finding the criminal in question."
He seemed to pause for a moment then, before nodding slowly, "I see, thank you for coming then... Follow me, I think Master Falconer would be able to explain what's what better."
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

The Book Thief

Postby Fallon on June 4th, 2015, 8:27 am

While the grounds were small and had the stone wall gracing them around the edge, the actual estate was a marvel in itself to see. Stone carved and finished, the work of master glass smiths in the windows to create lattice structures. Ornate carvings of flowers traced their edges, reaching up into a point and finishing there - and the lack of damage to them in itself was something to behold. The stone floor beneath was made smooth, the faint scent of wood smoke and hardy looking plants granting some greenery. It gave her pause, gloved hands clasping at the small of her back to prevent their writhing - this was the Zeltivan upper class and she herself was one who belonged to those below. And it was that level of being out of place that made her uncomfortable.

Through the double doors and into the entrance hall the dark woods and cooler air greeted her, a small tilt of the chin as one of the serving staff paused to look at her standing beside the guard. There was only the smallest of smiles, the guard peeling away from her side to quickly and quietly speak. With a small nod the staff gestured for Fallon to follow and she did so without argument, keeping a steady pace some few feet behind. With the guard leaving them and the entrance hall peeling away to well lit corridors, did Fallon repeat the words within her head once more that she knew. It was not him, he did not know the culprit, the book was stolen but not found. What book? Who? Why? The knocking upon the door snapped her attention back to the present, the sea green orbs blinking as she stared upon it momentarily dumfound. An older voice from within spoke up, permission given to enter and so she did exactly that.

On first viewing the elder Master Falconer was a man who had certain aesthetical tastes that were not often seen in the general public. It caused an element of surprise followed by the distinct stinging of her gaze. It was a combination of various bold and garish colours that caused her lids to twitch - a vibrant green paired with a red. It was there within his carved chair, the polished floor with its lily stitched rug and other luxuries spreading across the surface. Her lips gave a twitch, a slow step inwards and a respectful bow to the man.

"Good day sir, I am inspector Skylar of the S.W.I. and have been called in to assist in the investigations at hand," she could see the man look at her beneath a white, wiry brow, a slow chew upon his tobacco pipe as he studied her with slow, precise movements. And so, Fallon took the opportunity to continue her introductions, "I have been made aware that we have one of your household has been arrested for allegedly stealing a book from your private library, and while there has been some looking into the matter I have come to see things for myself, gather and evaluate the situation - to help with furthering an understanding."

"You... you use a lot of words,"
Master Falconer finally spoke up, but his eyes did not lift from her in his study. Behind the tired eyes and wrinkles that gathered around them he was thinking.
"Words are necessary, without them it is harder to communicate no?" Fallon offered, the smallest of shrugs, "I would talk philosophy, but work calls."
"Indeed?"
he questioned, "So you are offering your services?"
"Offering after the Wave guard requested my assistance. I have involvement in this case as they want as much evidence as possible. Is it a problem that I wish to proceed onwards from simple interrogation?"
"It is no problem..."
he spoke slowly then, the finger and thumb moving slowly to stroke upon his chin. She could see his lips pursing into a line as the slow movements, "You said your name was Skylar?"
"Miss Skylar, Fallon Skylar,"
she repeated. He seemed to hum then, a momentary pause as he steepled his fingers - he was thinking about something again, that much she could tell. Clearing her throat she attempted to continue, "So Master Falconer, about this book?"
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

The Book Thief

Postby Fallon on July 8th, 2015, 10:55 am

"The book..." He stood then, a loud crick coming from his joints as they popped. There was the small popping crack as he brought himself to stand, the brow creasing into a line and then a wince. It was only as he rose up from his hunched state into a full stand. He clasped his hands behind his back, stepping out from behind his desk to look out the window behind him. Fallon remained however where she was, form still and the gaze following the shoulders. He held the weight of his family upon them, she realised as he took to his study of the world beyond the glass, "The book, it is from my private collection. I take it you are aware of the private library we hold?"
"Yes Sir, I am quite aware,"
Fallon answered, her gaze settling on the middle distance, "So, it has value?"
"Very much so. The collection consists of all matters of books of all ages, some of which you would not even consider finding in Zeltiva's library. Rare and valuable,"
he exhaled, and turned back to face her, "Brought from all over the world, explorers, scholars, researchers, and even wizards supply it."

Fallon blinked then, the mind aching simply on the principle of what exactly could be found within these walls. A sweet picking up of adrenal, excitement on what she could find, what secrets she could reveal within these books. It was with a sharp inhale she fought to rein the need back, a pause to compose herself and obtain self control - she was here for work, not personal gain. It was cruel really, being so close to something but unable to truly partake. With the gaze of Master Falconer upon her she simply nodded. Peeling away from the window he moved before his desk again, precise movements as he rummaged within one of the draws for something before pulling out a ring of keys and placing them in his pocket.

"So, you wish for me to reclaim the book?"
"That is not just all, Miss Skylar,"
he moved out then from behind his desk, a slow pace as he made his way over to the office door. He gave a tug upon a long cord that hung by it which in turn rung a bell, "I need to know how it was stolen so it is possible to prevent incidents from happening. What is the phrase... rats will use the same hole until it is blocked?"
"I understand what you are requesting,"
she spoke as one of the serving staff popped in with a small smile and a curtsy. With a soft tone she addressed the head of house on his request, "Prepare some tea for in the Library, I will like to show the Inspector the scene and discuss the case in further detail." A small nod of understanding and the staff was on her way once more. It was with that Fallon took the steps to follow him back down one of the corridors. It was there that he instilled in simple small talk, politeness attempted she presumed.
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

The Book Thief

Postby Fallon on July 8th, 2015, 10:56 am

"You do not sound like a local, have you been in Zeltiva long then?"
"I've only been here since the season start. Not that long really."
"You are finding your way around the city well then?"
"At the moment, yes sir. There is much to understand however,"
she answered, counting the doors that seemed to go on forever, "I am sure in good time I will be able to adjust."
"I have heard many foreigners have difficulty adjusting to Zeltiva's way of life, though you sound as if you are capable of doing so."
There was a large set of double doors, an ornate keyhole locking it up. There was a brief pause as he looked back at her, eyes looking up and down as if deciding something - what exactly she did not know, but she did not press. It was with the summoning the key he unlocked it and lead the way into the library.

Standing at the entrance Fallon gave a dumbfound blink, looking to the shelves that seemed to open before her, the low seating and tables within key spots. Long glass cabinets rested within too, the older tomes hidden behind their panes and left only as pieces of display. Disappointing in a way. Taking the steps inwards she swept her gaze upwards to the balcony above her and the shelves that seemed to go on forever. With another stunned blink, she looked to the man as he gestured her to follow, "This is rather grand?"
"It is the largest private library in the East, I would certainly hope it is indeed grand,"
he gestured to his left then, "Over there, it is where the book was being stored. I have yet to request it to be cleaned so investigations can be conducted with some element of accuracy. I shall leave you to it, if you require a drink there shall be tea shortly."

With a nod and following the direction he had gestured, Fallon got to work. To the left was a long selection of glass cabinets, the offending door swinging on one of its hinges and the lock forcibly busted open. Along the edges she could see the ripping of wood, the splinters and shards gracing the floor. It was as she made a closer approach that she saw the dark footprints staining the rug before it, the rise on where it had been pushed and snagged. Her gaze shifted then, moving to the chisel that lay upon the floor. Taking a crouch she scratched upon them, feeling a slick, oily residue gather beneath her nail as she did - how odd. She took up the chisel afterwards, gave it a brief turn over and then held onto it.

"So, what was the book that was stolen? As in, it's topic?"
"It is an old pre-valterian book on poetry,"
she heard the reply echo from between the shelves, "It seemed like a strange book to forcibly steal. Even for an opportunist."
"It does indeed, an opportunist would also go for easier to sell things too, I'd imagine. Books are hard to shift,"
she hummed, looking to the chisel. It had been rammed into the lock to force it open. She closed in around the cabinet, gently tapping the door as it swung. The chisel did not work, so an alternative option to remove the door was the option. She peered, finger tapping the scratches - it was someone who knew what they were doing. With the gaze looking back down to her feet she measured up the print size, smaller than her own by at least two thumbs she reasoned . The mind thought back to Allan Cox and the size of his, male, bigger, broader - an no seeming memory of this oiled substance, let alone any serious filth to his form.
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

The Book Thief

Postby Fallon on July 8th, 2015, 10:57 am

Stepping away she traced the prints back, seemingly growing thicker as she followed them along the rugs and the wood work. Allan had a key on him, and that was what pinned him to be the criminal in this case. Thicker and darker the stains took, leading her across the room in steady steps until she was brought to a sudden stop before one of the windows looking out over the grounds and towards the street. With a crease of the brow she paused, mind ticking over - why would they stop here? Why not just use a key to get in and out? Unless they did not have the key to begin with perhaps?

Lifting the window open she heard the rattle of the latch and watched it fall away, the bolt sheared and the metal twisted. Along the bottom she saw the spied the forceful tell tale signs of broken wood, the digs from the outside piercing the edge and serving as a levering point. Taking a perch upon the ledge she lifted it up and gave it a closer inspection, while in the background the rattle of tea being served. Brushing the edge she peered down the from the edge to the few feet below, spying the stamped leaves belonging to the shrubbery. Footprints were pressed into the earth, and with a small lean down she traced the print within. Another slowed blink, she wriggled the hand forward as she spied something pressed into the earth and lifted it for closer inspection - a button.

Turning it over she pulled away, a low hum filling her throat as she turned it over with thought, "Master Falconer, I don't think Allan Cox did this."
"Oh?"
came the response followed by a long slurp, "What makes you think that?"
"It doesn't make sense. Why break into a place with brute force if you already have a key to get in?"
She could almost hear a pause, followed by a low hum, "Second, those footprints? They're smaller than mine. They can't be the feet of a man."
"I see,"
came the words at last. Fallon gave a small walk over to where he had taken a seat, the low table before him with a fine china tea set upon it, "So you are suggesting...?"
"That Allan Cox was framed. Also, I found these,"
She flashed the button to him then, "Which I can perhaps pry answers out of. Regardless," Fallon took a perch the other side of the table, "The man appears to be innocent."
With a sigh Master Falconer nodded and took another slurp of his tea and nodded, "Very well then. If you think you can capture the individual and return what was stolen that is good. As for getting in..."
"I would advise better locks sir,"
Fallon answered, "And more vicious shrubbery. Anyway," she gave a glance down to the evidence pieces she had, "I need to do a reading. So if you do not mind."
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

The Book Thief

Postby Fallon on July 8th, 2015, 10:58 am

It was the button Fallon began with. Taking a steady seat upon the chair, her gloves peeled off and the Lykata prickling upon her skin. Feet firmly placed upon the floor she deeply inhaled, narrowing her line of thought down to the task at hand. The bare thumb ran over the edge, eyes turning to slits as the low hum throbbed within her throat. Clawing its way upwards it continued, resting there as a noise as the mind slipped. The sensation came at her like it had with other readings, the rushing sensation that smothered and drowned her senses. A flood of information that surged on past, the barest flickers as she managed to grasp at something - the sensation of adrenal hit her quickly after, the distinct feeling of desire and want - want it, need it, need it to achieve it. Must achieve it. Must. So deep and smothering, her lips broke into a grasp, Male. Hides in Zeltiva. Hides and wants. A bigger goal. Hidden. Fallon shook her head, the sensation ripping away and breaking. Dazed, she looked about the library, eyes blinking as she tried to gather herself. It certainly cut down half the potential suspects within the city, she mused as her gaze turned the button over in her thumb and forefinger before tucking it away into her pocket.

She took up the chisel next and began to repeat the process, the low hum taking over her once more. She briefly felt the eyes of Master Falconer study her as she did her own study, but brushed it aside for now - she had work to do. It was gentler this time, a slow sinking instead of a mad rush, the thoughts flickering as lights in her mind's eye - Soon. Soon. Soon it'll be ours, we'll succeed - a vendetta perhaps? The secret will be ours. Ours! Hide it at the hideout. No one suspects the house in the old quarter. It came as a flash in her mind, a quaint looking front door with the number thirteen marking it out. She heard the gulls crow as she tried to press for more, but the narrow street was dragged from her fingers and pushed her back into the present. There was an exhale as she gathered herself and spied the master of the house still looking at her.

"Yes Master Falconer?" she spoke up.
"That mark."
"What about it?"
"You are blessed by Eyris?"

Fallon paused then, "Yes, I am. She is my patron, and one of the few I'd bend a knee to."
"Your patron?"
"Well, perhaps first port of call and one I at least attempt to follow in the path of. Ever attempting to learn, ever trying to get knowledge. Must say, your library makes me hungry for it - but, I am here for business not leisure."
"Indeed you are,"
He breathed as he drained his cup, "Did you find what you were looking for?"
"Almost. There's one more thing I need to do a read on,"
Her thumb cocked to the cabinet then, "Going to have to do a reading on the cabinet. Then I'll let you know after that."
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

The Book Thief

Postby Fallon on July 8th, 2015, 10:58 am

He was silent once more as she brought herself up to stand, placing the chisel upon the table surface as she regarded her last target. With a frown she closed the gap, fingers wriggling as she came ever closer to it, the sensation of smooth polished wood caressing the digits. It was a shame really, it was a well constructed and delicate piece that was ruined by greed. Fallon's cheeks gave a puff and the woman laid both her hands upon the unit. Deeply inhaling, she exchanged the air in her lungs, fingers tracing the wood work, the eyes pulling into slits as the Lykata prickled at her flesh. The palms worked their way across, the mind slipping into a lull. Trickling, let the hands drift and guide, intimately stroking across it and the spines of the other books within, catching mere snippets that burst into life as she felt.

Rough, heavy handed. They'll know, they'll know. Gentler, gentler. Careful now. Must flee. The street, the street where the gulls gather. Seagull street. No more. No more. It must give. Give! Her head gently cocked to one side, the pressing sense of need throbbing loudly in her skull. Her hand moved away and rubbed into her eye socket, the information still swirling around in her mind from the quick succession of readings causing her to pause. It was hard, the slowing her down as she peeled away and collected her thoughts, Tick, tick, scratch, scratch. Quick, time. Must do. The finger pinched the bridge of her nose, a momentary sway as she gave a stagger to the seat. The palm rested against the forehead, a deeper inhale the thoughts swirled and then settled.

"Well?" he asked expectantly.
Fallon released a sigh and peeled her hand away to look at him, "Well. It was a man who did it, not for greed though, for secrets. Least, that's the intention I received. I believe he's residing in a building on Seagull street in the old quarter. Number thirteen, I could probably point out which one it is. But..." She frowned then, "I feel there is more than what meets the eye. He felt desperate, driven as if it was something he had to do. I think." Fallon shook her head, her gaze slipping to the chisel once more.
"So, what are you going to do about it?"
"I'm going to go to the place. Do my job and get your book back,"
She shrugged, "And you, can notify who you need to notify. Sound like a good plan?"
"I, yes... very,"
he nodded, "When you retrieve it, be sure to come back here to return it. I would like to restore and check it for damages as soon as possible."
Fallon nodded and took a stand, "Then, I hope to be back soon then. You have my regards until then Master Falconer."
FALLON

Fallon
The Red Wolf

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Next