Closed [The Vitrax]Selling and Stryfe[Nemesis/Crow]

Clyde heads to the Vitrax to sell a creation of his from Sahova.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

[The Vitrax]Selling and Stryfe[Nemesis/Crow]

Postby Clyde Sullins on February 4th, 2015, 3:40 am

13 Winter 514

In some ways the Vitrax was commonplace, considering all of the times Clyde had been there. In others it still managed to be imposing. A stone wall in and of itself was odd in Ravok, let alone such a large one about a building on the lake city, topped with iron fencing similar to the large iron gates.

All of that topped off with a surplus of Ebonstryfe guards ready to kill anyone that tried to force their way in. Clyde had always been invited though. If anyone had the skills to bypass its defenses in Ravok it was likely Clyde, not that he'd like to try.

Today though Clyde was not here on Ebonstryfe business, even if he had permission to enter because of it. At the gates Clyde simply let them see his robes, his enchanted ones emblazoned with the symbol of the Stryfe, and felt their mutual connection through their Chaon marks, before he was allowed inside.

Of course the enchanted robes weren't the only magical item he carried about with him. Cha was held in his right hand, a possibly unique Magecrafted item that Clyde had made himself.

Along with that he had his pack, in which he stored his various Glyphing supplies, on the off chance said magic was needed. Nestled along with those tools of his trade though was another enchanted item, one far deadlier than Cha, at least in her physical uses.

Within lay a mace, an enchanted weapon of considerable power, technically even more valuable than Cha, though perhaps not as unique. Clyde had yet to actually use it, but even know he could feel its power through his auristics, simply due to its proximity. He'd grown used to the aura of his robes, and Cha, and so did not notice their power, but had not had the mace as long and so had not learned to ignore it.

Passing inside, Clyde headed for the deeper offices of those more highly ranked within the Stryfe. He had an appointment to show the weapon he had enchanted, in hopes of selling it to fund further enchantments. Likely that would require a display of its use in a training hall, or some such place where the possible display wouldn't destroy anything valuable from the raw force it could exert.

After passing inside and past the statue of Gru'tral, Clyde made his way to the room he had been told to come to, knocking before entering.

Last edited by Clyde Sullins on August 9th, 2016, 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

[The Vitrax]Selling and Stryfe[Nemesis]

Postby Nemesis on February 5th, 2015, 4:18 pm

It was cold, unusually so, within the Vitrax. Or perhaps it was just this room, Kelise Fell thought. She had not yet removed her cloak,, though, in Ravok, it was rarely ever required that she should need a cloak of any heavy substance, like thick wool, so her thin coverings had not been removed, and would have to suffice. Kelise was a Marshall of the Ebonstryfe, in title if not in responsibilities. Though she had the right to command a force to be reckoned with, officially she only had a few direct subordinates.

The woman, twice Chaon marked by Rhysol, was effectively the head of procurement for the Ebonstryfe and, on occasion, the Black Sun. With martial skills which did not quite others of her rank, seniors noticed a particular gift for planning and tactics, which elevated her at a reasonable speed through the ranks of Rhysol’s army. It was then that they recognised her quick tongue, a gift for negotiation. It was for this reason that she had gained such a role within the force. As she waited, for her expected meeting, she tried to familiarise herself with the man with whom she was about to do business.

A student at the Institute of Higher Learning for a number of seasons, and then a service on the arcane island of Sahova, as well as a short period working as an Instructor at the Zeltivan University, Clyde was a valuable asset to the Ebonstryfe, particular for his sound knowledge in Magecrafting. Apprenticed to the Ebonstryfe two years ago, it took him only a few seasons longer to become a full soldier upon completing his Crucible. Since then, he had gained the unique rank of Ambassador, a liaison of sorts, with the aims of strengthening relations between Ravok and Sahova. She had wondered, given that the man had such a decorated career

The item itself had a Magical Coefficiency level of five, which made it a relatively powerful item. Beyond that, she wasn’t sure what she was about to see, and it was up to her to decide whether or not the Ebonstryfe would benefit by acquiring this item. More importantly, could the Stryfe afford to take on an item that would, actually, be useless to the organisation. She had been told that the approximate value of the item was some where in the region of 9,000 gold rimmed mizas. Not unreasonable for a Magerafted item, but she had to ensure that the product was worth that much.

The Marshall glanced up when there was a knock on the door, after which the door was opened, and in entered the Magecrafter. Chelsea stood from behind her desk and rounded it, “
Mister Sullins. A pleasure,” she offered her hand to him. offering her hand to him. “I’m Kelise Fell, a Marshall of the Ebonstryfe. I’ll be discussing your sale today. I’ve asked Thadeus Lazerin to join us shortly.
Nemesis
Fortune and Retribution

Words: 296717
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 8:36 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on February 5th, 2015, 7:57 pm

As Clyde passed inside the office of the Marshal of the Ebonstryfe, Clyde quickly took in the room. It seemed more or less standard for a officer of the Stryfe. But more important than its contents, was the woman sitting behind the desk. As he entered she quickly rose and rounded, offering her hand which Clyde took and shook as ritual dictated.

“Mister Sullins. A pleasure.”

“I’m Kelise Fell, a Marshall of the Ebonstryfe. I’ll be discussing your sale today. I’ve asked Thadeus Lazerin to join us shortly.”

Clyde nodded, noting her name, Kelise Fell. He also noted another name, that of Thadeus Lazerin, a Magecrafter that had once instructed him at the Institute of Higher Learning. He had seen him in passing last season, upon his return to Ravok, though they had not spoken at length. While Lazerin was perhaps not the kindest man, nor the nicest to be about, he did know Magecrafting well. Though Clyde wondered if perhaps his own skill in it now surpassed his old teacher. If nothing else the man had little if anything to teach him.

“A pleasure to meet you also Mrs. Fell. I can assure you that you will not be disappointed in my work. I always make sure that my creations have a practical use, and I can fairly say this work would be a worthy tool in any hand.”

“I know Lazarin, he instructed me when I was a Magecrafting student at the Institute, a time that seems long ago now, though perhaps wasn't so long truly. I have grown considerably in my craft since then.”

As he waited, Clyde took his pack off his back, reaching inside to pull out the item in question, a action he did gently and with slow steady motions. Physically it appeared more or less as a normal mace, albeit one made of cold iron, a lesser used material, though of finer make than a normal steel weapon. Carefully he set it down upon Fell's desk, so that it could be looked at better, as he gave a basic explanation of the item.

“I present you the Randjat Mark 1. Bearing in mind the name is not set, and can be changed if you wish, but I find it is useful to have a basic designation for a item, to refer to it.”

The item was one of Clyde's finest pieces of work, if not his finest. With three steps to enhance its speed, and two steps to increase its durability, the weapon was both hard to damage, and able to release untold force with each strike. Anyone seeing it in action would instantly know it was magically enhanced.

“It is a MC 5 item. Three steps were placed upon it to increase its speed behavior, and two steps to increase its structural durability. With that in mind, please be careful when handling or moving it, as what might be intended as a casual gesture with it in hand, can easily turn into a deadly blow. It is a weapon of death, and while in the hands of a novice it would be deadly, in the hands of one trained with such weapons, it could be unstoppable.”

Clyde did not yet mention the other added factors to it. Such as the catalyst used to calm the reaction, a needed step due to there being three steps in a single attribute. In this instance he had used a pair of feet from a glassbeak, all that was left after Clyde had summoned and combated it.

The cost of basic materials alone had been 9,000 gm, expending most of Clyde's savings, and as usual with such works he hoped to sell it for thrice that amount, for an even 27,000 gm.

“Perhaps once Lazerin is here and has inspected the weapon, we could bring it to a training hall or somewhere with more disposable objects, to allow its power to be displayed.”

As he waited Clyde eyed the mace, along with the desk it sat upon. Clyde firmly hoped that the Ebonstryfe officer respected his words, and believed him, lest she should pick it up haphazardly and send it right through some of her furniture. Likely even a casual motion downward with it in hand could send the weapon straight through the strong wooden desk as if it was made of nothing more than dry twigs, sending splinters and pieces of wood flying every which way.

Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Nemesis on February 15th, 2015, 10:15 pm

The man was persuasive, that much at least could be said about him. The Marshall herself, though she had small knowledge in the arcane arts, only knew of Magecrafting by name. Oh, she had seen magecrafted items before, and watched them in practice, but she knew nothing about how they were made, or what she should even be looking for, in terms of an item that she might want to acquire from the soldier. This was the purpose of the Magecrafting Instructor coming down from the Institute of Higher Learning - to guide Kelise in this purchase, if the purchase was to be made.

Clyde pulled out the item, which appeared to be nothing more than a standard weapon - a mace. If anything, the craftsmanship looked impressive and, were it not magical, Kelise would happily and willingly purchase such stock for the Ebonstryfe. However more than the craftsmanship was under scrutiny here. While the pair waited for Thadeus Lavern to journey down to the Marshall’s office, the woman listened politely as Clyde began to educate her on what the item was. He didn’t know that she was virtually clueless in this magic, but she wouldn’t allow him to know that. First, of course, was the concept that she might wish to… change the name of the item. Did the name matter? Did it somehow change the make-up or power of the item in question? Or personality? Was it alive? These questions she didn’t voice, of course, as they were unnecessary unless Thadeus flagged it up as an issue. “
The name is fine…” she said vaguely before the Mage moved on to describing it.

And now his words were more interesting - the soldier avoided using too much technical language in describing what he had done to the item - all of that was mostly irrelevant anyway. The Marshall only cared to see and know what it could do, rather than how or why it could do it. She did wonder, however… “
It goes without saying that only one trained to the highest degree of competency will be using this, if we purchase it… however I must ask - does the wielder need to have any knowledge of Magecraft, or any other arcane pursuit, in order to handle this mace well?” It would, of course, limit its uses substantially were she to be told than one who had not accessed magic in any form would not be able to wield this.

A knock on the door signalled the arrival of the IHL Instructor and the door was opened without waiting for a reply. “
Instructor Lazerin,” Kelise Fell greeted politely as she stepped away from the mace to offer her hand to her esteemed colleague, “Thank you for joining us. Mister Sullins, as I believe you understand, has continued to grow in his craft. He has come here today with the intention of selling a Magecrafted item to the Ebonstryfe.” Inviting the Instructor over to examine the object too. “Mister Sullins has been telling me about the mace he has created. I would like to understand a little more of the item, and then have you examine it. Then Sullins has suggested that we might watch a demonstration.

NoteSorry, I haven't moved the plot on much here. I don't know whether you want to moderate Thadeus examining the item (which you have my permission to do so, by the way) or whether you're happy for me to do it. Obviously you know much more about it than me...
Nemesis
Fortune and Retribution

Office
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on February 16th, 2015, 7:20 pm

“The name is fine…”

Clyde nodded in response, figuring that the woman herself wouldn't be the one to rename it. Likely it would be renamed by whomever used it, not a Ebonstryfe official in charge of procuring and possibly buying it.

Her next question though made it abundantly clear to Clyde that the woman had little if not NO knowledge of Magecrafting. Which also made it clear why Lazarin was coming. She needed someone who knew of the magic. It was also somewhat possible that she was attempting to hide her lack of knowledge about the magic. With his own time spent negotiating, he figured this was simply a tactic. It would after all hurt her position if she revealed she knew nothing of the magic that had made the item. For now Clyde did not reveal what he knew, as it might come in handy later on in the negotiations. Clyde figured it was better for now to let her think he didn't know.

“It goes without saying that only one trained to the highest degree of competency will be using this, if we purchase it… however I must ask - does the wielder need to have any knowledge of Magecraft, or any other arcane pursuit, in order to handle this mace well?”

Clyde simply shook his head and smiled back at the woman with a friendly expression, as he replied, attempting to play off the question as if it was a better one than the woman actually intended.

“Ah no. No magical ability is required to use it. Besides being extra careful in its uses as I mentioned before, due to its enhanced abilities, one needs nothing of an arcane nature in regards to skill or equipment to use it properly. I believe you are confusing it with a Magic Staff, which does require a magic user to properly wield, like Cha here. But that is a different sort of item, which this mace is not.”

Clyde smiled once more, holding up Cha as he mentioned her for the woman to see for reference. Physically she looked like a normal staff, as the mace looked like a normal mace, except that Cha was made of a blue wood.

Before a lull in the conversation could occur, there was a knock at the door, and Lazarin appeared.

“Instructor Lazerin.”

“Thank you for joining us. Mister Sullins, as I believe you understand, has continued to grow in his craft. He has come here today with the intention of selling a Magecrafted item to the Ebonstryfe.”

“Mister Sullins has been telling me about the mace he has created. I would like to understand a little more of the item, and then have you examine it. Then Sullins has suggested that we might watch a demonstration.”

Professor Lazarin nodded and stepped over to the desk where the mace laid, ignoring Clyde for the moment. Clyde took no offense at this, as he knew the man well enough to know how he was. Focused, particular, often easy to anger.

Focusing on the mace, Lazarin spent the next ten chimes or so staring at the mace, waving his hands over it in magical gestures of concentration, and murmuring to himself in a low unintelligible garble. In response to the magic in the air, which Clyde inferred was from the mans use of Auristics as he examined the item, Clyde felt a small prickle up his spine, and along Cha's wooden skin.

As he finished his work Lazarin gently stroked a finger down the mace, pausing for a moment and rubbing a spot, before taking his hand away.

Finally, apparently content for the moment, Lazarin turned and spoke to the female Ebonstryfe officer.

"Clearly magical, of that I can ascertain. Potent at that. Though I will need further information from him on its crafting and processes, and will need to see it in action to verify its abilities as he claims. If nothing else I can tell it is not a dud."

Turning to Clyde now, Lazarin launched into a series of questions.

"First, it feels cold. What is is made of? Not steel I believe?"

"And what was the exact enchantment laid upon it."

“Yes, it is not steel, I instead used a superior metal, cold iron. That is why it is cold to the touch. It is of finer quality than if it had simply been made of regular steel. I would have preferred Isurian Steel, but alas I was unable to acquire it in Sahova.”

“As for the enchantment, the Randjat Mark 1 is a MC 5 item. It has three steps of enhancement to movement speed, and two steps of enhancement to durability.”

Lazarin's eyes narrowed at hearing the weapon was a MC 5 item, a rather high level and not something just an novice Magecrafter could make. But he also narrowed his eyes at the bit about three steps to movement speed, something that indicated a further detail to Lazarin.

"Three steps to behavioral enhancement? What did you use as a stabilizing catalyst?"

“Ah yes, I used a pair of glassbeak feet. I managed to summon one, and ended up acquiring both of its feet. I used both in calming the reaction.”

Lazarin paused once more, staring at Clyde, before turning back to the the female Ebonstryfe.

"It is... Passable..."

Clearly Lazarin said this a bit grudgingly, as if he almost would have preferred that there was a problem with the item. However knowing the man as he did, and how hard he was to impress, this was high praise, and Clyde grinned as he heard him say it.

"However I will need to see it in action, put through its paces so to speak, to ascertain it does as he says and the enchantment is permanent and properly done."

Gingerly Lazarin would pick up the weapon, cradling it in two arms as one might a baby. Or perhaps a baby that one feared might leap up at any moment and bite your hand off.

Apparently he planned to carry it to the training room for testing, perhaps not trusting Marshall or Clyde to do it.

Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Nemesis on June 9th, 2015, 8:19 pm

The woman nodded as she listened to the experienced Magecrafter explain the practical usage of the item she was potentially buying, and was glad of what she hurt. Though full-fledged members of the Ebonstryfe were invited to learn any subject offered in the Institute of Higher Learning, the arcane arts which were encouraged by the Stryfe were more often those relevant to, or useful in, combat. Reimancy, Morphing, Flux… even Leeching, they were the magics deemed to be the most valuable to any soldier who was truly serious in his career. Of course, there were exceptions, but they were rare, which made assets like Clyde Sullins even more valuable to Rhysol’s personal military.

So experience in the magic is not required, but I suppose it goes without saying that a modicum of competency is needed in using a regular mace, before we allow a soldier to wield it?” The Marshall looked at the mace thoughtfully as the IHL’s Magecrafting expert approached the table, “it isn’t a particularly common tool used, but I can think of a few of our soldiers who might benefit from this item.” The procurement officer fell silent as she and Clyde allowed the other to examine the mace with a critical eye.

Ten chimes passed in silence, and Kelise shifted impatiently; she had a number of other people to see today, as well as other jobs that needed doing. She was hoping that a decision could be made within the bell, if not sooner. She wanted to ensure that the product she was buying was of high enough quality, of course, but the IHL Instructor seemed to be taking his examination a step further. If the Mashall hadn’t already read that Sullins had once studied the arcane arts in Ravok, she would have had a strong suspicion that Lazerin had once been his instructor, for the man was appraising the work in much the same way that Kelise would examine former apprentices of hers, to see what they had learnt.

All of her training in politics and relations could not stop the brow that shot up at the instructor’s first statement. “
I assume that Mister Sullins is well aware of the repercussions of wasting my time, and yours,” she murmured with a pointed look at the man whose work was under scrutiny. “However I would like to see the performance of the item too; I must know if it has potential to be used by one within our ranks.” For the most part, however, she allowed the two men to discuss the item, trusting that Thadeus would not allow her to purchase something inappropriate, or useless, or even dangerous.

The three walked in silence to the training rooms, where Kelise, upon arrival, sent a low-ranking soldier to collect another, one who was skilled at using this style of weapon. Then, Marshall Fell directed the two men into a private room, where the would not be disturbed, to wait for the one who would test the item. “
Browne, you have received extensive training in using a mace, correct?

Yes, Madam Fell,” the Stryfer replied with reverence, giving the two others present appropriate greetings according to their station, “I have recently advanced to using the chained mace, Ma’am.” The Marshall nodded, and directed him to view the item that was still cradled snuggly in the IHL Instructor’s arms. “I have an item that I require your assistance in testing, Browne. It is to be weirded just like any mundane heavy-weight mace, but I strongly advise caution in using this item.

Turning, he directed her attention to Lazerin, who would better explain it. “
This item has potentially,” he cast his eyes over to his former student, “powerful magic embed in it. It will respond much like a normal mace, but with much more force, and with substantially more speed. Do you understand?” The new arrival nodded, and reached to take the mace, but Thadeus took a step back, “Do you understand, soldier? You have no arcane experience, so you will not notice its potency until you use it.

OOCPlease don't hate me for the delay, as well as the shittiness of my reply...
Nemesis
Fortune and Retribution

Office
Plotnotes

Postby Clyde Sullins on June 10th, 2015, 1:11 am

OOC: Hey, sometimes you gotta move the plot along. Not all posts can be throwing fireballs and crushing skulls. Sadly.

IC:

Clyde nodded in response to the first comment, which did not really require a response. Clearly such a fine weapon would be wasted upon a user without skill. Wasted if not dangerous in the hands of the unskilled, and dangerous in a bad way not the intended dangerousness of a weapon of towards ones foes.

The rarity of a mace hadn't truly occurred to Clyde before, though now that she spoke of it he thought on the topic... Perhaps a more commonly used weapon would have been better? A shortsword? A dagger? A longsword? However part of his choice of weapon had been practical, in his need to see in action a creation with enhanced speed which fought with blunt force.

Since he planned to make and keep a hammer for himself, it made sense to at least test out the theory on another blunt attack weapon. So while in part this item was made to fund later ones, it was also a test to see the applicability of a further theory before he fully risked it by applying it to a weapon he planned to keep.

After that it was a waiting game, as they headed to the training rooms and a soldier was sent to fetch another. One who apparently was trained with the particular weapon to be used.

Once the soldier arrived, and both the female officer and Lazarin explained things, Clyde had only one note to make before allowing him to commence.

“I'd advise he test it out for a bit on an inanimate object, get a feel for it, perhaps against something... Not too costly to replace. Perhaps then once he understands it he could use it in a more combative setting, perhaps in a spar. But, soldier, I'd advise you to not underestimate its swing. Keep a firm grip, and don't let it go unless you intend to see it fly across the room.”

Here Clyde paused and looked at the various members of the Ebonstryfe collected.

“I failed to do so myself while testing the first weapon who's speed I'd increased, a dagger, albeit a weapon I am not well trained in. But I knew what it'd do. I lost my grip, and it flew across the room like a bolt from a crossbow. When I found it, the dagger had imbedded itself point first into the wall... A solid stone wall. Not deep mind you, but enough that it didn't fall out on its own. So please, be cautious. ”

Clyde didn't mention that the weapon he'd mentioned had not had its speed increased as heavily as the mace. Nor that when he did lose his grip, he'd been in the midst of a powerful swing. It hadn't gone deep into the wall, perhaps as deep as the length of his fingernail, but in a stone wall that was pretty deep.

Finally, he failed to mention that his own blood had been used in its crafting. It wouldn't make it act much differently, nor would it only work for him as some blood bindings did... But as a safety measure, when used against him it would act as a mundane mace.

Of course, in a skilled hand that was still pretty deadly.

Still, Clyde felt no need to tell anyone of this added bit, since it wouldn't affect it in combat against anyone but him.

Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Crow on August 2nd, 2016, 1:26 am

“This is going to take some doing.” Said Kelsie, almost shocked but remaining emotionless. She stood over a cold body, the soldier’s arm almost completely out of its sockets. “Most interesting. Clyde, clean up this mess and recover the mace. I will be back in a few moments.”

Kelsie stood there for a moment observing the room, her eyes shifted from corner to corner as a large crack created a hole in the foundation. Any sign of the test dummy was long gone. Kelsie then walked over to the reinforced door and opened it. As she struggled she noticed the foundation creating a pressure on the door and she sighed. Finally, after a moment of struggling she managed to maneuver the door just enough to leave Clyde in dealing with his mace, the soldier, and the destruction which had occurred before.

Kelsie Fell was one of those that got her rank and structure from deception and negotiation. Sure, she was a Marshall and an Ebonstryfe official, but through her thirsts of power she took on a task which she knew nothing about. Now, she knew this for sure. Her lack of knowledge kept her clouded in allowing a simple soldier to test a powerful weapon. Now, she sat at her desk writing up a quick report. In her haste she was quick to use her knowledge in her own arts to quickly point the blame away from herself. She signed the report folding it three times and with a symbol baring her rank sealed the document with wax.

Entering the room, Kelsie Fell put on the act of seeming very displeased and her voice sounded off in authority directed towards Clyde. “Take this paper and that mace. Report immediately to Silvas, he is acting as supreme commander during Gru’tral’s absence.”

She stormed off before answering any of Clyde’s questions. Probably doing so to tie up some loose ends on her side to save herself from being discovered of not reporting discovery of such a powerful weapon to the Supreme Commander immediately. Weapons these powerful can’t just be bought and sold, and she knew that.

Meanwhile a crowd had gathered around the destroyed sections of the private training room. They swarmed and were dying to try and get in the room to see what commotion had occurred. Most were members of the ebonstryfe, and they knew better than to poke their heads in where they didn’t belong, but something this big piqued their curiosities. A few rumored that the soldier on the floor looked dead, and a few more jumped the gun and said that maybe the other man in there was responsible. If Clyde didn’t get a handle on the situation it would surely cause even more trouble for later. Except, if Clyde didn’t immediately make his way to Silvas, he might get impatient, if he knew about the situation.

DescriptionI am giving Clyde here a few options. Which path will you take? The direction you choose decides the fate in how this thread goes. I also left describing exactly what happened up to you and how Thadeus played his role in this. Please note: Only I can RP Silvas

Crow

Postby Clyde Sullins on August 3rd, 2016, 12:32 am

Clyde was confused to say the least. One moment his weapon had been being handed over to the soldier before him. And now shortly after the man was... Dead.

He wasn't quite clear on what had happened, as events had progressed quickly out of control once they did begin progressing.

His warning had been clear, be careful. At first everything seemed fine as the soldier took the mace, feeling it and getting a measure of it and its weight before doing anything. Then he took a few steps over in front of the dummy, making a single one handed swing of the mace as if it was any other mace. The moment Clyde saw him doing a normal full swing of the mace for his first strike Clyde knew things wouldn't end well.

Watching the man's face it quickly moved from one of concentration, and then fear and confusion as the mace smashed right through the dummy and kept going to collide with the floor. Bits of cloth and leather and wood splintered across the room with a patter as the dummy detonated from the strike. Because he had chosen a downward swing of the mace he was forced to lean over with it, yanked along by its strike.

Later Clyde couldn't help thinking that if he'd tried a sideways or horizontal swing he'd have been carried in that direction, perhaps into a spin, and would have been fine.

Instead he'd tried a downward strike, and as the mace quickly moved to meet the ground his arm moved faster than his torso bent. His feet and hips had been locked into place, not fluid and able to move along with the mace's momentum, and so by the time the mace stopped on the ground, as much as it did in its attempt to go right through the floor and foundation to get to the lake below, his arm was nearly out of the socket and a rictus of pain was across his face.

As the mace struck the ground it smashed into it, not bouncing off but crushing and breaking through it at least a foot deep if not deeper, finally losing momentum from the single swing and coming to a stop as the soldier pulled back on it. Something done far too late. Even from the distance at which Clyde stood he could feel the thump vibrated up from the ground and into his legs as the mace struck.

Outward from the broken ground that had once been the training floor radiated several deep cracks, one snaking outward near the door and causing a bit of it to fall sideways and making it difficult to open.

Once the mace finally stopped the mans pain increased and his one functioning arm spasmed, clutching for a moment at the front of his training shirt as his body tensed. A moment later he was lying across the ground, dead, the mace still clutched there.

Lazarin simply stood staring, dumbfounded, his eyes turning from the mace still resting in the dead soldiers hand, and then to Clyde. Meeting his old teachers gaze Clyde wasn't sure if he'd ever seen so much emotion on his face besides anger. Fear seemed to be the prominent one now. However the fear seemed more pointed at Clyde than the weapon he'd created. The device of death, for the foe perhaps if used correctly but for the wielder if not. Fear perhaps at what his once fresh student was now capable of, perhaps having surpassed the limits of his old mentor.

The weapon, for all its action, sat untouched. It looked as fresh and undamaged as the day it had been made, the day Clyde had received it and begun the enchantment upon it. It looked more like it had been taken off a nice clean pedestal and set into the hole and placed within the dead mans hand, more so than it looked like it had just done the damage before them.

The woman from before fled, ordering Clyde to clean up the mess without saying much of anything.

It was then as she struggled with the door in leaving that Clyde noticed the cracks radiating outward from the impact point, as if something from the sky had fallen and crashed with force into the floor of the room.

Clyde fought the urge to smile at seeing the destruction and Chaos that his weapon had brought with such a simple motion. He didn't concern himself over the dead fool who'd not heeded his instructions. Instead his focus was on the weapon, the fear on Lazarin's face pointed at him, and at the next attempt to use the mace. If they tried a horizontal swing next, and kept them self fluid and moved with the mace, letting it take them instead of trying to stand still as a pillar as this one had, then surely it would go better next time...

Mechanically he moved over to the man, pushing and pulling at his grip until his dead fingers uncurled and released the mace. With far more caution than the man had exhibited he carefully pulled it out of the ground, sliding it along bits and places instead of trying to force it out by muscle and brawn. Using his mind to find the correct route that didn't let the mace pick up momentum.

As he picked up the mace and looked about, he met Lazarin's gaze for a moment. The man's face had once more grown serious, blank, the fear once more cloaked under Lazarin.

“I once taught you of Tallshade... She made things. Wonderful things. Terrible things. Powerful things. Things she regretted making. I can't help think what things you will make that you will come to regret. Or if this will be included in those... Why... Why did you make this?”

Clyde simply stared back at the man, his once teacher, confused at his question. Confused at his statement. Confused at why he could regret having made such a wondrous thing of destruction and Chaos.

“Why did I make it? To prove a theory. And to see if I could. What other reasons do I need? Theory proven. Concept made. Proof of capability made.”

Lazarin stared at Clyde, and simply walked out without saying another word.

By then a few people had arrived at the door, too late to see the action or to hear the exchange of words between the two Magecrafters, but early enough to see the spectacle.

Before he had a chance to do much more Kelsie returned to Clyde. By the time she strode across the room several more people had arrived, and by the time she left quite a few more had, multiplying exponentially almost.

Clyde heard her order, to take the mace and the paper she handed him and to report to Silvas. He also heard the act, the sense of displeasure. It was all Clyde could do to keep from raging, from picking up the mace and showing her what it could do, from explaining it to her until she understood its wonder and the Chaos it made.

It was clear though that she didn't care, couldn't see. She wasn't a mage. She saw things with her non-mage eyes. She was simply angry, and a fool. Clyde held back his rage, something he'd had ample practice at over the years. Though he knew that with a flick of his will he could kill every one of them. The stray thought seemed to calm him, adding to the fact that he knew he was in true control no matter what the woman said or played at.

He'd done what she'd asked, he'd warned the soldier and her and everyone, and they hadn't heeded his words. Because of that, things had gone badly. And now she was displeased. But then, was she really going to be honest and act displeased at herself? Clyde could see the logic in her thoughts, and striking outward with her displeasure at Clyde, and could see the foolish logic of it.

Report immediately. Then. Now. And then she was gone.

As he headed out of the room, heading to Silvas, he overheard tossed words. Theories, ideas, rumors spreading among the people newly arrived who hadn't seen anything.

He had somewhere to go, and so he walked, not slowing or stopping in his measured walk towards his destination. But that didn't stop him from talking as he walked.

“The fool has no one to blame but himself for being dead, he killed himself. He didn't listen and used a magic weapon as if it was a normal one, and ended up dead from using it. Word to the wise, if a mage tells you to be careful with something, something made of magic, then PETCHING do it! Fools don't deserve to live if they can't follow orders as simple as that.”

“And I warned him more than enough times to be careful, that carelessness would be dangerous. He didn't listen. I'd have killed him myself if he hadn't gone and done it first.”

With that Clyde left, pushing through the room while carefully cradling the mace against him in a two handed grip, the piece of folded paper held pressed into his hand, heading directly to where he'd been sent. To find out who Silvas was, to give him the paper, and to do whatever he needed to do.
Clydes Stuff

Clyde Sullins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Crow on August 3rd, 2016, 3:24 am

The life of Kelsie Fell.
Kelsie Fell was born in an outpost and belonged to a wonderful family of four. The Fell family wasn’t perfect, but they managed to get by. Her father owned a simple cottage and her mother worked at home tending to the garden providing for the outpost and their family. Though, her father wasn’t completely the loyal man. For he led a secret life, and held an affair. It wasn’t uncommon, but the result was far from the usual. Kelsie’s father had multiple personalities, and led multiple lives. When he wasn’t with the Fell family he belonged to another. It wasn’t until during one grim night that he returned to that other family that he truly snapped.

He walked in to see his other wife and children mangled and exposed. His other personality exploded with rage. Returning back to the Fells he grew depressed and jealous… jealous of his own family and life that he couldn’t have with the other. Eventually, the bodies were found and questions were asked. The outpost then grew worried of the Fell family and started to treat them as outsiders. Eventually that isolation later turned to bullying the family. It later progressed into hatred, and eventually one person took it too far. That person knew that the family wouldn’t be missed so they got in contact with some slavers. Kelsie was only six years old when this occurred.

The slavers came, and when they initially assaulted the Fell family, they didn’t just stop at enslaving them. The parents were far too old to be of any use, so after having fun with her mother in front of Kelsie and her father they killed both of her parents before turning their attention to her and the rest of the outpost.

Leaving nothing but a smoldering ash behind the slavers headed to the nearest city they knew and often dealt with, Ravok. She was sold for a hefty sum, and left to owners which were cruel in nature. Slowly the child couldn’t bare it too more. As aging she knew the power of her body, and grew to almost enjoy using it against her masters. Eventually her masters got too close, and that is when she killed them outright. Through her cunning the deaths were posed as a strange and unusual accident, and since then she was watched by the keeper of the well of madness. For she was truly mad.

Years passed and Silvas watched her in amusement as a sort of experimentation. He noticed that she was particularly cunning and seductive and had a thirst for power. After joining the ranks of the Ebonstryfe by hiding the fact she was a slave, she fought her way up until eventually even the Voice managed to kiss her supple lips. It was then that she turned her outlook to business, and severely disappointed Silvas. In her mind it made sense, as she could seduce and negotiate fairly well, but her true nature was always dormant. A conniving and power hungry slob, who despite not knowing much of anything besides her own dealings would try and fake her way through the ranks. These lies and deceptions would not be tolerated, but Silvas knew that eventually something would arise to end this regrettable experimentation.

And such was the time.

Deep within the Temple of the Black Sun was the dark and omnipotent well of madness. Almost none knew of it’s true location except the Druvin, and there two of them waited outside of the temple to escort Clyde. Knowing he would come willingly their lax state guided him through a labyrinth of corridors. Upon entering a double set of doors which were glyphed with a potent warding magic, should he choose to enter them himself after noticing the wards he would notice a milky set of white eyes emerge from the darkness, and be able to see nothing else. If he would not enter upon seeing them the Druvin would open the doors for him and push him in, easily overpowering him.

As soon as entering the doors would slam shut, and Clyde would feel all forms of his own magic go almost powerless. “You sicken me Clyde.” Would be the first words heard from the darkness before white glowing eyes would carefully emerge forward. His voice coarse and direct. “Don’t bother trying to explain yourself. I already know what happened.” His voice powerfully echoed throughout the room. After a long pause the Druvin would simply stare at Clyde, observing his behavior and reactions to what was occurring.

“I am sickened that you didn’t rely on your instincts and kill her. Read it, Clyde. Also, never complain about your problems in the open. It makes you look weak. I was there, but you didn’t even notice.”

“Supreme Commander,
It is under my advice that you immediately dispose the following soldier of Ebonstryfe to the worst punishments under pretense of murder. The accused was observed to bring a powerful magecrafted mace to my office upon which he begged to benefit the order by selling it. As such I, Marshall of the Ebonstryfe Kelsie Fell, was reluctant upon which he cornered a disposition to have a soldier test out the mace.

Upon curiosity of said mace we made ourselves way to the training rooms where instead of allowing the soldier to test out the mace he brutally showed the power of it himself, killing said soldier. The power of the mace is obscure and unknown.
Signed therein, Kelsie Fell”

Just as Clyde would finish reading the letter intended for Silvas, two unrecognizable Druvin dragged in the unconscious body of Kelsie Fell. “You are to prove yourself to me Clyde.” The two Druvin slapped the Kelsie Fell in a particularly forceful manner, almost causing her neck to spin and crack. She awoke only to see the faces of those she had betrayed.

Her eyes grew wide, and her hand immediately went to her face upon which she observed her pain with it. Blood slightly seeped from the corner of her mouth and she spat it at Clyde.

With a gesture only the Druvin could see the two who had dragged her in left the room and the doors slammed shut once again. “You two will find that magic does not work in this room, and only one of you are allowed to leave.”

Pulling out a shimmering dagger which seemed to shine in the darkness Kelsie Fell charged towards Clyde with the outmost insanity in her screams of desperation to kill him.

notesKelsie Fell only has 35 points into dagger. All magic used in this room will have a negative effect on the user. She is wary and beaten up from a mauling after she stormed off after giving you the letter. Clyde has the choice to kill her, but it won't be easy. Please read over PVP lore to familiarize yourself with how to move forward. You can attempt to talk to her to find out why all of this happened.

~Thanks to Aladari Coolwater for the template
Crow

Next