PM to join Life Of The Stryfe

Light meets Xii

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Life Of The Stryfe

Postby Bartholomew on March 20th, 2015, 8:41 am

4th Day of Spring, 515 AV

Light stood at the temple of the black sun, waiting patiently for the next Ravosal to appear. The entire day was spent in the temple praying to his God, now he had nothing else to do. He thought about all the things that could occupy his time. He could go out to eat with friends, spend the rest of the day training, or take a nice long nap. Each option were good in many ways, which made it exceptionally hard to choose only one of them.

Light leaned against the nearest wall to him. He let out a depressing sigh that betrayed how he actually felt. People were standing next to him also waiting for a good ravosal to pick them up. The seats filled quickly and people had to practically fight to get a good one.

With the rate this is going I might as well spend my day on this wall, Light thought as he saw another group of people bunched together in one tiny boat.At least the drivers where making money.

Light looked up to the sky as the cool air begun to shake him to the core. He had grown up in Ravok, yet he still was not accostumed to the winter weather. Yes it was spring, but the chilling air seemed to make a nest in his city, and there was little hope of the weather turning warm. At least he was protected by his blue coat; although it did little in protecting his ears and fingers.
Bartholomew
Player

Words: 98215
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2015, 3:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Life Of The Stryfe

Postby Xii on March 20th, 2015, 10:14 pm

Xii had finally made it to the center of the city. The journey had taken an annoyingly long amount of time, since she refused to ask for help or directions. Most people didn't seem to want to speak to her as much as she didn't want to speak to them. Others... she had caught a person shadowing her on more than one occasion, usually as the bells tolled late. So far she had managed to give those shadows the slip, ducking and twisting through the streets, but she knew soon enough either they would grow crafty or her own luck would run out. She had to figure out something to do about that.

In the meantime... there it finally was, the reason she had come to this blasted city. The Zithling stood back, tilting her head up, staring. The Temple was big and it was pretty, even to her eyes. The city of Syliras had not had anything like this; if there was nothing else good to say about Ravokians, she could say they had a devotion to Rhysol like none other. That was obvious, taking in the splendor of the building. She caught a glimpse of some carvings in the pale stone, those of humans and monsters and humans being chased or eaten by monsters, and felt a smile light her face at the image.

The expression soon flickered and died, however, when she spotted the sole person lounging casually against one of the Temple walls. Leaning on it. Dirtying it. Anger bubbled up, supported in the sudden sharp ire of her posture, hands curling into little fists. Before she could stop herself, she had stalked over to the young man. "What are you doing?" she asked, rather abruptly.

At least she had managed to control herself somewhat. That was enough to wring the heat from her voice, leaving it rather blank. Her expression, too, remained as smooth as usual, though she felt herself almost on the brink of doing something rash. She didn't know what. She just knew that leaning on the Temple was an affront to it, though she also didn't know why that was. It just was. Her hands curdled unconsciously into signs: stupid, stop now, insult.
oocIt seems to me that every thread I've seen of yours ends up with a character angry at poor Dicey. I'm sorry to automatically add to that with this response, but at least they're talking. c:<
Xii is using hypnotism
Xii is "speaking Common"
Xii is "speaking Pavi" and also signing Pavi Note
Signed Pavi can also be represented by a person's total body language; it doesn't have to be an actual hand sign.

Xii is demonstrating her internal emotions. Anything in plain, uncolored italics should be considered completely internal; for example, if it says that Xii is sneering she is only doing so in her mind, and the sneer would likely not show as a physical expression unless otherwise stated. This is a way for me, as her writer, to differentiate between her true feelings and what she outwardly shows the world. Note
If the italics thing feels too confusing to me after I've tried using it in some posts, I'll remove it.
Xii
Drykas-Zith

Words: 143088
Joined roleplay: February 13th, 2015, 7:47 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Life Of The Stryfe

Postby Gile Askara on March 21st, 2015, 4:09 am

Gile Ollpheist

Why is it that man prays? Is it for his sake, Or the sake of the god that the man prays? While the merits of prayer often pay, in the form of divine favor and power, most obvious in the gifts called gnosis. Do the gods grant these boons because they pity man, and view him as something to toy with and to watch, Or do the gods need man, just as much as man "needs" the gods? It is no false thing that Rhysol keeps the city safe from weather and invasion alike. these are given facts. The question lies in why. Why does Rhysol protect the city? This is a question Gile has yet t quite figure out. On a rare day Gile will visit the temple and Offer a prayer, though not a prayer in the form of petition for favor or aid, but a prayer in the form of questions, silent questions that in return receive answers in the form of more silence. Not that this particularly bothered Gile, He was used to his question being answered with blank stairs and silence. some people simply decided some questions are best left unasked. Gile has never been one to bridle his curiosity though.

walking out of the temple Gile wearily looked at the crowds looking to get on the transports, And as "fun" as forcing his way through a crowd could be Gile decided that such enjoyment would be better enjoyed on a day that he was in the mood to cause some trouble, today was not a particularly bad day, and it was a free day as well, so time was no object. Stretching his arms out and letting out a yawn Gile let himself soak up a few rays of sunlight, Spring was just around the corner and things were really starting to warm up. On top of that, the sun felt just plain good. walking out past the doors avoiding the masses Gile slowly made his way around the building enjoying the sun and sights, It wouldn't be long until he could shed the confining cloak he wore to stave of the cold.

As Gile walked he listened to idle chatter of the other people waiting on a ride. chatter about the kelvic research institutes open house soon, the festivities from two nights prior, and many other things not quite worth mentioning, from the shape of a girls rump to rumors about an increase in dhani in the city. Trivial matters that for the most part, didn't effect Gile, though there is rarely information one can call entirely useless each little rumor fuels a much larger best after all. As he walked a particular voice caught Giles ears, a rather high voice that belonged to a child, though a rather petulant one at that. perhaps it was someone he knew. turning around Gile quickly located the source of the voice. It was indeed the voice of the girl who had only a day or so prior joined him at a local tavern, asking about Rhysol. Walking up behind the girl Gile took in her overall appearance of irritation, Something had the girls underwear in a bunch and from the looks of it was the rather bored looking man leaning against the wall.

"Hiya there spitfire, Looks like you found the temple just fine, and in one piece no less, I had my doubts, Did those friends of yours help ya find the place?" adding a little intonation, to the word friends, showing his doubt at what she had told him two days prior, this was the second time he had run into the girl while she was on her own. Gile considered the situation and the irritation the girl was showing, Perhaps it would be a good time to ease the nerves of the girly, and hopefully stop any Ire from the man she had been rather rudely addressing. pooling a little Djed on his tongue Gile stretched his back letting out another yawn before saying, "It sure is a nice day out today isn't it" lacing the entire senteence with a little power, allowing the calm he felt and the drowsiness he felt to seep out with it, the intent to steer the conversation towards a likely peaceful subject.
Gile Askara
Minor manipulator

Words: 68493
Joined roleplay: January 12th, 2015, 11:58 pm
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Life Of The Stryfe

Postby Bartholomew on April 4th, 2015, 4:29 am

"What are you doing?" A child like voice said. Light turned his head left and saw only the connection of buildings that floated just near the temple. Yet, it did not connect to the temple itself.

He looked down and he saw something that would probably interest most people in this community. A little girl, dark in full skin color, blatantly pissed at Light, a tall man with a large bastard sword on his back and knife on his belt. She began making signs that Light knew nothing about. Was she yelling at him in another language? From the way she was gesturing to Light, he could only guess so.

He shook his head, stood straight, then knelt to this little girl who seemed to have a very short temper. They were face to face when he talked to her.

"Who are you?" he asked in a condescending soft tone. The way he talked was like he was talking to a kid, gentle and easy to understand. No seriousness in his voice, and almost playful. "Where is your mommy? Little girls with your skin color shouldn't really be alone in this city."

Now that he was staring at this girl a little more, he was reminded of a woman he once met in the Vitrax training room. In fact, the only difference the two seemed to have was the height and the fact that the woman had wings. Both had a disturbing look of darkness about them though.

Light was readying to hear the girl answer his questions, but he never got the chance. As soon as he spoke a man came from behind the girl. This man had brown curly hair, brown eyes, and was handsomely rich in the facial features. His voice, figure, and face was very familiar to Light.

Light looked up at the man and with a wide grin said. "Gile? You know this girl? Taking out little girls on dates are we? We are definitely going to have to talk about your choice in women."

He looked back at the girl to see how her emotions were holding up. Something had her in a fuss, and from the look in her eyes and the way she spoke to him, Light assumed that he was the cause.

Well, I can't have her angry at me all day,he thought as he bowed to her.

Light looked at the girl apologetically. From his eyes came the flow of Djed. It sunk out of his face and flowed into her nose, straight threw to her brain. He wanted her to be a little calmer than her angered self, so he spoke carefully and clearly.

"My dear, young lady. Is there something the matter? Have I done something to upset you?"
Bartholomew
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Life Of The Stryfe

Postby Xii on April 4th, 2015, 2:51 pm

It was strange. One moment Xii wanted to sock this guy in the face ~or maybe both the guys, considering there were now two of them~ and see how much damage she might do and what might happen after, and the next... she felt calm.

Perhaps it was from her training. Getting too angry was never a good idea. Not unless she had some sort of plan.

To the first man's condescending questions she said flatly, "I lost her," ignoring his question about who she was. She supposed that was true enough, though she had no qualms lying to idiots. In fact, she thought they sort of deserved it just for being so stupid. Plus it was fun to play with them and see how much they might figure out. It was true that she had lost her mother, though that had been years ago when the woman ~who had been a different idiot of another kind~ had run out into the Djed Storm and never came back.

To the second one, the one she'd met before at that bar the other night, Xii gave a frown, showing suspicion, and asked, "Are you following me? And it's no concern to you what my friends might do." The possibility that he might actually be a danger had never really occurred to her, after she'd met him. But it was too grand of a coincidence that she might meet him again in a city that must hold thousands and thousands of people.

Finally, turning back to the first man, Xii crossed her arms and said in response to his last question, "Why would you lean against the Temple like that? Isn't that sort of offensive? I mean you might mark up the building. And more than that, there's the principle of the thing." As she spoke she made sure that she was turned so that both of them could be easily watched, and though she doubted one of them might attack her or make a grab, she was prepared to try to bounce out of the way if something like that happened. She still didn't trust the second one. Why would he be here?
Xii is using hypnotism
Xii is "speaking Common"
Signed Pavi can also be represented by a person's total body language; it doesn't have to be an actual hand sign.

Xii is demonstrating her internal emotions. Anything in plain, uncolored italics should be considered completely internal; for example, if it says that Xii is sneering she is only doing so in her mind, and the sneer would likely not show as a physical expression unless otherwise stated. This is a way for me, as her writer, to differentiate between her true feelings and what she outwardly shows the world. Note
If the italics thing feels too confusing to me after I've tried using it in some posts, I'll remove it.
Xii
Drykas-Zith

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Life Of The Stryfe

Postby Gile Askara on April 15th, 2015, 1:40 am

Gile Ollpheist

Smiling at his old Acquaintance Light, Gile gave the man a Soft punch to the shoulder as way of greeting. Letting out a mild chucle at the scenario that he had found himself in. In response to Light asking him about if he was taking little girls out on dates, Gile raised his hands in mock defeat, "you caught me again Light, It seems I just can't get anything past you cani?" Light had always been one to toss jabs in when he could and that certainly hadn't changed about him. Looking from Xii to Light, Gile assessed that the girl was none to pleased with Light over something, Not that that was particularly surprising considering the two. Looking from one to the other Gile almost wanted to lagh at the scenario, A girl, who was likely not a citizen and likely knew little about Rhysol was lecturing a citizen and prospective member of the cities military. This was almost too ridiculous to be real.

Looking at the girl, "Girly, you are aware that you are grievously overstepping your bounds, right? This city, even this church is unsafe for little ones to wander about, More so if you aren't a citizen, Not that I will be asking to see your papers, I have complete faith you wouldn't lie to me" Delivering the line as an almost empty threat hidden beneath a smile Gile looked the girl over then looked around him. "I would say that in the crowds of people going to and fro from thistemple at least five or six of them are potential slavers, not that they could harm a girl from this city, especially with friends and family to vouch for her" Smiling Gile gave the girl a short bow. "Though, I must be rather rude to say all this to someone so in the know. I do apologize" Looking to his pal light "Light? what do you think you are doing leaning against the temple like that? this girl could get you in some real trouble if she reported you to the authorities" His final line delivered with a sarcastic tone as a jest at his friend. Gile did enjoy teasing people, and this would for sure be a good chance to test the girls metal.
Gile Askara
Minor manipulator

Words: 68493
Joined roleplay: January 12th, 2015, 11:58 pm
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Life Of The Stryfe

Postby Bartholomew on May 29th, 2015, 5:58 pm

It was funny the way Gile handled this girl. He spoke to her in an intelligible way, yet he was slyly threatening and teasing her. Although, if Light could pick up on this then he was sure that the young girl could as well. How would she handle his words, Light wondered.

When all the attention came back to him, Light sighed. He never knew that this much attention would be drawn to him just because he was simply tired and needed a building to lean on; yet he had a little lioness ready to bite his hand off and his friend poking the little lioness on the forhead.

Light stood up and walked to the wall he was apparently defiling and gently placed a hand on it. With a chuckle he said- "I doubt the son of a paladin of the Ebonstryfe would get into too much trouble from this, but she's right. I should treat my church a little better."

He turned his head to the girl, his eyes filled with joy. "Did anyone ever tell you of its history? This place was created to house the Ebonlord, leader of the Ebonstryfe, and the voice. During the djed storm, this building, filled with so much of Rhysol's holy essence, was destroyed. Repairs were to be made, but before this building could be complete, a terrorist group who hated Rhysol destroyed it. Little did those terrorist know, that destruction would be the calling card for the appearance of the voice."

"Do you know who the voice is?" Light said mostly to Xii. Then he turned to Gile and furrowed his brow, giving him a stern look. "Do you?" He asked Gile with a playful voice that contradicted his look.
Bartholomew
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Life Of The Stryfe

Postby Xii on May 31st, 2015, 8:28 pm

Xii felt her lip curl involuntarily at the thought of the one called 'Gile' taking her on a date. Taking her anywhere, really. Humans and their sick humor.

The one in question seemed to be enjoying trying to rile her up, and though she didn't let it show on her face he was actually starting to annoy her. Somehow she felt his words were empty, she didn't think he would actually do anything to her. Even if he did, she was almost entirely certain that she would be able to get away from him. She cocked her head slightly to the side as he spoke line after line.

"Girly, you are aware that you are grievously overstepping your bounds, right? This city, even this church is unsafe for little ones to wander about, more so if you aren't a citizen, Not that I will be asking to see your papers, I have complete faith you wouldn't lie to me."

When next he mentioned slavers she didn't even flick her eyes around. There would be no point to looking; they wouldn't announce their presence, especially if they were on the hunt. She doubted they were. Most humans were too cowardly to attack in the light of day. Plus, she was obviously talking to these two, one of which had just announced he was a paladin's son, and whatever that was it sounded important, high-up. If there really were slavers here ~and she wasn't even certain there were, this Gile could be lying~ they would likely wait until she was alone.

So, rather than rise to the myriad remarks thrown her way, the girl just shrugged and smiled, carefree. "I accept your apology. I do know hard it can be to control oneself. Sometimes we say ~and do~ things we later regret." She sounded bored, though she wasn't exactly. She had to pay attention to Gile, since he was there and anyone ~no matter how unlikely~ could be a threat. But admittedly the other one ~had he been called Light? what an odd name~ was taking up most of her interest as he spoke about the history of the great Temple beside them.

He used a lot of titles that she didn't yet know, but was determined to memorize. Paladin. Ebonlord. The Voice. These were all parts of the Ebonstryfe, which if she understood correctly was a part of the Black Sun, Rhysol's followers. As such she needed to know all she could about them.

"I'm new to the city. Defected from Syliras, those lilies," she said, rather openly, the derision clear in her voice. She didn't like the Sylirans. "I came here to study and serve Rhysol as best that I can. That said, I don't know what the Voice is. Not yet." It was worth it to admit her weakness, if she received new information. Light seemed eager to tell, so it was a good gamble. "I'm guessing a person. A title. Someone important," she said.

Here the Zithling paused, considering. "Sorry for going off on you like that," she finally said, putting on a friendlier persona, trying to make the apology sincere, sheepish. This person, this Light, seemed friendly enough himself. Those types typically responded well to more of the same. "I came all this way for the Temple. I didn't want it to be used like a crutch. It's... unbecoming."
Xii is using hypnotism
Xii is "speaking Common"

Xii
Drykas-Zith

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Life Of The Stryfe

Postby Bartholomew on June 17th, 2015, 12:44 am

GileXii and I will be continuing with this thread. If you ever return than please post whenever you wish.

"Are you now?" Light said to the little girl when she apologized. He listened to all she said about how she moved from Syliras to serve Rhysol. Despite wanting to know all about Light's god, this girl knew little about the only beings in existence to love Rhysol. Light would need to school her well on the common knowledge of Ravok.

He sat down on the dock and first relaxed since he assumed that he would be with her for a while. "The voice," he began, "Is the only people in the world who Rhysol laid with and loved heartily. They created this city and the ebonstryfe. Rhysol gave them immense power so that they would rule over his followers and help him with his main mission to overtake the world."

Light tapped the wooden floor next to him, a common signal that meant 'sit next to me.' Light would not continue speaking if she did not. He would instead quietly looking at her until she did.

When his new talking companion sat next to him, he would ask her a question. "Can you guess why I say people and they instead of the singular person, or he or her?"

So AshamedI am so ashamed by how short this is.
Bartholomew
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Life Of The Stryfe

Postby Xii on June 23rd, 2015, 4:39 pm

For a moment Xii thought he wouldn't accept her apology ~as hastily constructed as it had been she would understand why, and would have to try harder~ but then he sat, patting the ground next to him. Still playing the part of the penitent child, she sat beside him, though far enough away that she'd be able to swing her arm hard enough to get a good solid punch in if he tried anything, like making an attempt to grab her. She folded her hands neatly upon her lap, sitting with her back straight while he slouched a little to get comfortable. She wasn't concerned with comfort, though, just appearances. And right now she appeared to be paying staunch attention, a model student.

It was odd how he spoke of 'the Voice' ~she could hear the capital 'V' in the name~ and for a moment she was puzzled as he went on. Though in general 'the Voice' was a singular title, he described it in the plural.

Despite that peculiarity, she was glad she'd apologized. The Voice was a person ~or persons?~ that Rhysol himself had loved. Whom he had given great power to. Who ruled Rhysol's followers ~and likely this city as well~ and who had the honor of furthering Rhysol's will.

The more she heard the more she wanted to meet this person~ or persons. The more she heard the more she wanted to BE the Voice. But how? How did one get noticed in such a way?

Her thoughts were interrupted by a question, and she turned dark eyes ~dark, but alight with interest, she hoped~ towards her makeshift teacher. "Um... Well, there would be more than one, right? Maybe... like a group?" But if 'the Voice' was a group, like a council, why wasn't it called 'the Voices' to show there were multiple participants? Maybe to demonstrate solidarity between members and Rhysol's will? "Or um... like... there's a teacher and student, maybe? An old Voice to show the new Voice what to do?" She felt she was missing something, but couldn't help it. She hadn't been in the city long enough to know how it worked here.

oocNah, that's fine. I do short posts sometimes too. It just depends on how long it needs to be. Short posts are just as good.
Xii is using hypnotism
Xii is "speaking Common"

Xii
Drykas-Zith

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Next