Closed Ashes to Ashes, Debt to Debt.

Paying debts is often dangerous business, but sometimes even debtors become in debt... [Noven And Twister]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Ashes to Ashes, Debt to Debt.

Postby Noven on January 2nd, 2014, 10:51 pm

Figures. Nov gallantly offers to fight with his fists, and his opponent returns his honorable offer with a flying sword to the face.

Thugs. They never learn.

The cook improvised in his weaponless state. Instead of dodging to one side, as was expected, he turned around. Then he propelled himself backwards and fell flat on his back in a puff of snow, tucking in his legs as the sword came down in an overhead strike. With his weight and momentum, he had sunk considerably into the cushion of powdery ice. His rival, whose feet still hadn't touched the ground after his showy leap, stared wide eyed down at him for half a tick, sailing over in an almost graceful arc. Nov gave a nasty sort of grin.

Then, with a ferocious cry, Noven shot his legs upward as hard as he could and kicked the guard right in the gut. The man grunted an oof! of pain. Somewhere midair, the sword dropped from its wielder's hands and sank into empty snow. Meanwhile, the guard tumbled through the air, arms wheeling and legs kicking, before he crashed face first in a similar fate.

Scrambling back to his feet, Nov hoped his opponent had impaled himself with his own sword. Alas, he was blessed with no such luck.

The quick little bastard was already standing upright again, albeit slightly hunched over as he clutched at his sore stomach. That was going to leave a nasty bruise in the morning, assuming he lived to see it.

Spotting the glint of metal, Nov picked up the fallen sword and feigned as much confidence as he could possibly muster. He had little to no idea how to use the thing, but now was not the time or place for his enemy to know. "What say you for another round 'o pain, eh? I think your pal over there quite enjoyed it."

He pointed at the guard's fallen comrade, the one he had vexed only moments before. Then he leered, holding the sword out before him, fully expecting this little worm make a run for it.

Instead, the thick headed thug ran straight for him, bellowing in desperate fury. At the last possible tick, Nov cursed, threw the sword aside, and braced himself, arms crossed before his face. The guard balked a little in surprise and confusion at this sudden change in tactics, which was all the cook needed. Nov leaned in and took the brunt of the impact, but before the man could tackle him down he brought up his leg and kneed the man right in the groin.

Down he went, though not without a struggle. Gods, these idiots were stubborn. Nov pinned the guard down by the throat, watching him gurgle and turn all kinds of interesting shades of purple and red. "Stay down," he snarled. "You're done."

One look at the man's defiant eyes, however, told Nov his answer well enough. The guard was struggling more fiercely now, punching and kicking and scratching every which way he could. It was all Nov could do not to lose his hold on the squirming rat. His arms were covered in cuts and bruises and his muscles were burning from exertion. Left with no other choice, he reluctantly called upon his mark again, freed one of his fists to raise it high in the air, and then brought down on the man's nose.

Shrieks of pain ripped through the air, echoing off the cold streets and walls. It caught the momentary attention of the other guards, whom Noven hadn't even noticed until then. As the man beside him convulsed and howled in unimaginable pain, the cook turned to face his friend's attackers.

Glory, he mused. This day just keeps getting better and better.

Noven
Taste my fist

Words: 816073
Joined roleplay: December 16th, 2013, 11:11 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Ashes to Ashes, Debt to Debt.

Postby Sayana on June 27th, 2015, 5:12 pm

Senghor

Comments :
If you return please PM me and I will award you grades.

Noven

Skills:
Skill EXP
Persuasion +1
Cooking +1
Interrogation +1
Rhetoric +1
Socialization +1
Dagger: Tamos +1
Unarmed Combat +2
Acrobatics +2
Intimidation +2
Tactics +1
Wrestling +1
Endurance +1
Bodybuilding +1

Lores:
  • Cooking: Making hot cocoa
  • Tactics: Grabbing an opponent's dropped weapon
  • Acrobatics: Getting up with a jump and a kick

Comments :
Fun thread even though it was so old. It was a little all over the place to begin with but it came together. Too bad it got abandoned. I agree that I don’t think there was anything in particular that needed a ST to grade it so I think it’s fine for just a grader.

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request in the grade request thread.

If you have any questions or concerns about your grade please feel free to send me a message (like really, I’m all ears if you feel like I missed something).

Enjoy.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Previous