PM to join Truth is the best Arrow

Aider works on his bow skills

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Truth is the best Arrow

Postby Aider Silander on May 21st, 2015, 3:31 pm

He thumbed the head of the arrow, twisting it and turning it over in his hand. He had remained quiet for a bit, contemplating things in his mind and turning the words over in his head like the arrow head in his hand. "I question their intentions because I have no reason not to. Danger is a part of life they had not brought anything that I haven't been able to over come in one way or another. To say I do not fear the gods maybe a bit of a lie, but I do not fear many of the things that come with life.. Death is a certainty, everyone dies at some point."

He looked at her, staring into her eyes with the same curiosity as always but it was backed by a sense of strength in himself. He tilted his head and chuckled, "Children are a lot more complex then they are given credit for. They view the world in a much different way then adults. Even the orphans of Sunberth viewed the world in a different light then we did. I never said you didn't have your moments. No one can remain calm and happy forever, anger and outburst are a factor in life. Like the bathhouse, most people would be hurt by the words that were spoken by the three of us. The outburst from someone I do not know and still have very little idea about what he truly is and of course the woman that I consider my lover. The strong warrior from another land, I am still not sure what you are capable of and I probably never will be. But I am okay with that, are you?"

His eyes studied her face watching the sudden shift in her expression. He removed his quiver from his shoulder and placed it on the ground, placing the arrows he had retrieved back into the holder. He looked back up to her from his crouched position. "You know little about me. From what you've heard from myself and others there are still things you don't know and you will probably never truly know if what the others have said are true. Opinion is an interesting thing, everyone has their own but that does not mean they are always true. Are you okay with sharing your bed with someone you don't fully know?" he clarified.

He stood up and nodded rolling his shoulders. "Deal" he said simply as he cracked his knuckles and rotated his hips. He knew that not stretching out against someone who was more experienced in the ways of hand to hand would be a very dumb idea. He may have had the weight advantage against her, but he knew that experience could out weight a small advantage that he held. "I expected you to want to train me in a similar way to how you were trained. Is this the case?"

Hey all, just wanted to say I am sorry for any delays and failed promises. I am getting ready for a huge trip out of the country as well as taking on a lot of extra shifts at work. The creative side of my brain hasn't been active as of late.
Aider Silander
She has my heart on the end of her blade.

Words: 170163
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2013, 4:03 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Truth is the best Arrow

Postby Kaie on May 22nd, 2015, 5:00 am

She had to admit she was surprised Aider had brought up the bath house. Then again, perhaps she was equally surprised he hadn't brought it up sooner. In any case, the man had been right. Heat came from all three parties. Most of it was unintended to cause harm, and merely a byproduct of hotheads and seasons of stress. It also raised questions about the integrity of the image they projected toward one another. Had any of them misrepresented themselves all along? Her mind wandered briefly to Tsu'kai. No. You've no idea what I'm capable of, came her somber thought. Her eyes narrowed a bit in perplexity at his later point: that the Myrian herself had no concept of what the Nykian could be capable of or who he was, and whether she okay with accepting that idea in itself? For now the woman gave a firm nod. Millions of strings of thought bounced around in her head. Until she could straighten them out, they would remain a puzzle.

A flash of teeth appeared at his agreement. The dexterous Myrian rolled her shoulders and gave a shake of her arms, feet adjusting already. A laugh slipped through her pink lips.
"No, not so similar as you might think. We'd need weeks for that. The soldiers in the Training Yards more often than not reach recruits to fight by beating them half to death repeatedly until they learn. That will not be the case here," Kaie assured him and paced forward. The twin kukri in her hands were returned to their harness at her back. For just a tick, her mood turned more serious. Open hands lifted into a guard and the savage fell into an almost feral crouch. "Just take your best shot and we'll see what we need to work on from there." The Myrian wasn't a perfect combatant by far. Something told her she was still far more proficient than the man before her.

"Come on now. Don't be shy!"

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Truth is the best Arrow

Postby Aider Silander on June 12th, 2015, 1:58 am

Fear had been something that the man had felt many times before around Kaie. He had feared for his life each time she attempted to blindly taken it. He feared for both of their safety in Sunberth. But now the idea of fear had stricken him like it had never done before. A sense that she might end his life here had filled his heart though it had no real reason to. A strange notion in his mind that he had only felt once a long time ago. He had his life threatened in Sunberth from day to day just because of his job. But Kaie had not struck him with this kind of fear for a long while.

He stared at her, his face hiding the emotions he was feeling as best he could. Though if she was paying any attention to his face she would be able to crack him within an instant. His normal half grin had been pulled back into a line, a slight shift in his jaw indicated that he was grinding his teeth.

He sighed and nodded at her after she spoke of their ways of training. "Fate is an odd thing is it not" he said watching her crouch before him. The man took the only stance that he knew, the one his father had showed him very little of. His feet spread apart and his body arched forwards slightly, his hands were risen to his face as he watched her. She taunted him, not to be shy, he smiled at her and shook his head. "My love if I was shy do you think I would have ever tried to talk to you when you held that spear in my face?"

He pushed forwards and ran at her, ducking his shoulder low he went to charge into her and try to knock her off balance. She may have had experience but he believed himself to out weight her. He had to use any advantage he had and he knew that. Running is all you've ever done. Do you really think you can become a fighter now? And for what? A girl that is just going to ditch you one sunrise? Do you not recall that morning after she tried to take your life for a second time?His mind called to him a voice that had been hidden inside of him since the second time they had met.

The voice that told him every idea he had about her was wrong. It was the same voice that said Matthew could not be trusted and that many others in his life were the complete opposite of what they had showed to be in the past. A voice that liked to fill his head with lies and sow the seeds of chaos. He tried to push it out of his mind as he moved trying to take Kaie to the floor.

Hey all, just wanted to say I am sorry for any delays and failed promises. I am getting ready for a huge trip out of the country as well as taking on a lot of extra shifts at work. The creative side of my brain hasn't been active as of late.
Aider Silander

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Truth is the best Arrow

Postby Kaie on July 10th, 2015, 5:39 am

A mirthful brow arched and a half-grin to match laced across her lips. Narrow shoulders gave a challenging and yet off-hand shrug. "Could've fooled me," the woman gave her final tease before both eyebrows shot up in pleasant surprise. Not a tick after she'd managed to rush out her words did the man come barreling at her. Low. Tackle. Training. Ease up, came her militant, short span of thought before her body exploded a response. Gritting her teeth, Kaie stepped off center to the left as the man charged her. Simultaneously, her left arm looped beneath the inside of his right's elbow and rotated up and over, while her right hand came down upon the top of his ducked head. The product of the string of movements was designed to bring the man's momentum downward with his head, and his body turning with his arm into a roll as the Myrian tossed him behind her.

If her technique was successful, the woman would quickly turn upon her heels to follow his movement. Hands returned to their guard, body bouncing an alternating rhythm between the balls of her feet. The gnosis on her skin began to itch something familiar.
"Try not to be so obvious. Half the bar fights in the city start with a tackle. They'll be expecting that if nothing else," Kaie coached solemnly, pacing a wide circle around him to change position. Her head gave a quick tilt and her neck a healthy snap. "Watch your opponent. Try to determine their weaknesses in the short amount of time you have to assess them. Most fights don't last long, either. Use your time wisely to make a good strategy if you're allowed it." Teeth came down upon tongue. Her wound seared fiercely beneath the bandages and vest. For a tick the woman lowered, crouching toward the earth where her hands wandered to the ground. She blinked in her pacing, giving a shake of her head before casually standing and continuing without so much as a wince.

"All those that praise a fighter with honor? They're wrong. Those fighters don't last long in the real world. It's survival, not a gentleman's game, or whatever your sort calls it. Fight dirty. Fight to win. Your opponent surely will." And with that it was the Myrian that came for him. Kaie stalked inward, eyes locking on his as she approached before they focused on his chest instead. Just before she was within range, her right fist opened to hurl a flurry of dirt in Aider's direction, exposing her trickery when she'd crouched ticks before. She wasn't one to waste time either. As soon as the dirt cloud engulfed him, the Myrian shot forward in a firm guard. Her left leg planted before the right shot forward toward his chest. If all went well in the chaos she created, the man would find himself seated involuntarily on his rear end.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Truth is the best Arrow

Postby Aider Silander on July 16th, 2015, 5:28 pm

He really did not expect much from his first attack, her experience would most likely allow her to dodge most of anything that he threw at her to begin with. Though he hadn't quiet expected what followed. His arm was pushed up in one direction and his head down in another. His body rolled as she pushed him behind her. He rolled on the ground a very short distance before pushing himself up onto one knee. He looked at her with a very plain look on his face. She was bouncing on the balls of her feet, something he had seen a few monks do back in the days that he lived in Nyka. He viewed it as a sign of experience, knowing the feel of a fight allowed you to be more comfortable in it and she was by far more comfortable then he was.

He took her words to heart, memorizing everything she had to say to the best of his abilities. Try to think outside of the standard, surprise your opponent and keep them off balance. Fights don't last long, be smart and be quick. It was all simple enough to understand but had a greater importance then they sounded.

Aider watched her cautiously as she approached him. She just told him to fight dirty and she was slowly walking towards him. Her hand moved up towards him and dirt flew from her hand. He ducked his head to shield it from the dirt. His vision clouded and he had know idea where she had gone to. Within ticks he had felt her foot connect with his chest causing him to fall backwards onto his rear.

He reached out quickly attempting to grasp her ankle and pull her off of her feet and to an equal level as him. Letting her have the advantage of having the upper hand would not end well for Aider and he knew it. He would try to use his weight to hold her down and work her into a position of his advantage with his weight. He would try to shift his body upwards and push her down. Holding down her arms if he could and attack her non-bandaged side.

He had no intentions of permanently damaging her. He wanted to learn how to better himself and to not hold her back when situations got dangerous. A small part of him wanted her to accept him as an equal. He wanted to be close to the same level of being able to protect the both of them and fight himself. He no longer wanted her to look out for him and worry about him all the time.

Aider Silander

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Truth is the best Arrow

Postby Kaie on July 18th, 2015, 2:48 am

It wasn't fear nor panic the Myrian felt when her opponent managed to grasp her attacking foot at the ankle mere ticks after she'd struck him. It was satisfaction. A sense of pride, even. Yet all that came before she realized he was tugging her to the ground with him with little choice. After that there was only that persistent focus that controlled her thoughts. Eyes widened as the ground came rushing up to catch her.

Both hands swung outward from her body to smack against the ground to break some of the shock from the fall. Next thing she knew, the Nykian was atop her in an all-too-familiar position. Using the sheer brute force of his weight and capturing her hands where they'd struck the earth, the man had found himself in an undeniably dominant role. Her pupils tightened at the realization despite the amused smile that twitched at the corners of her lips.

"Aider Silander, you might survive me yet."

Alright, you're down. Another tick and he'll have a chance to attack. Make him work for it, her mind commanded her before the subdued savage was willed to action. If he was holding down her wriggling arms, she indeed had the upper-hand long before he knew it. The arms shot up over her head as he gripped them, bringing his body forward to compensate. At the same time, her left leg locked over his, while her hips rotated to the left and up toward her left shoulder. The result would hopefully end with him flipping up and over her left shoulder so that their roles were reversed, in which she would now be in his previous position to straddle him for a change. There was no resisting the coy flash of teeth then.

"If you wanted me on the ground so bad, you could've just said so from the start." Kaie's hips rocked tantalizingly over his in a slow rolling motion. A single brow cocked at him and her bottom lip caught momentarily between her teeth. "Unless you have other intentions, let's get back to our feet and start again."

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Truth is the best Arrow

Postby Aider Silander on July 18th, 2015, 9:39 pm

His plan had worked and now he had her in a position that gave him dominance. Then he was stuck, staring down at the woman that had claimed his heart without even trying. He tried to keep her down with his weight as he went about trying to figure out what his next move should be. Her pupils were contracted as she stared up at him. He tried to hide his smile the best he could, it was slightly obvious that he, even for a split second had gotten the upper hand on her.

He shuddered at the mention of his full name. "As if I wasn't going to be able before. I may not be the best fighter. But I am not that stupid." he said putting emphasis on the word that. He did not believe that he was below average intelligence in fact he had actually believed the complete opposite. He believed that he was smarter then the common man. However none of that seemed to matter as he traveled the world and was dragged to places that he never saw himself going.

Within the few ticks of him trying to plot out his next move she had taken advantage. He had been flipped onto his back once again and she was on top of him. The same way that it had been any time they had a struggle for power in their private most sessions, all of them ending with her winning and topping him. The flash of her teeth caused Aider to chuckle. He found it nice to see her happy, even if it was in besting him in combat. He smile had made his chest warm with an all to familiar feeling at this point.

Then the teasing came, her hips rotated slowly over his. "It seems like you are the one who wants to keep me on the ground" he said with a coy smile. "It would be like just then, you nearly attack me again and then we get lost in the mist. However there is very little mist here." he teased at her. "Someone may see, but would that bother someone as strong willed as you?" It was an attempt to catch her off guard. Using his words to distract her so he could make his play. His hands would attempt to grab at her waist and push her backwards. If it worked he would slid back and push himself onto his feet. Taking a really poor stance as he would wait for her to stand.

Aider Silander

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Truth is the best Arrow

Postby Kaie on July 20th, 2015, 2:41 am

A feline grin grew rapidly across her features in the face of his retort. Fingers became claw-like around his wrists as they pinned him to the earth in the same likeness he had to her ticks ago. Brown curls cascaded downward as she exerted her won dominance over him, veiling the lovers from the wider world just outside their lesson.

"I never believed you were a stupid man. I know better than that," she whispered in a manner that was somewhere between teasing and sincere, lips pressing together in a softer semblance of her prior wolfish smile that hid ivory teeth. The indignant squeak of a squirrel dashing across branches above had her head snapping up to locate the source of the sound. By the time the man at her mercy got around to his accusations, she fiery gaze was steadily back upon his. Her lithe, predatory body slunk low toward his hips. Then it grinded up along his torso until her teeth were just below his ear, breath hot upon his flesh, and body hovering no more than a sword blade's width from his.

"I don't care if they see. Maybe we've outgrown the mist," her lustful, challenging accent murmured in response against the silence of the woods around them. Brows rose in satisfaction when she felt his hands rising to what she thought was her challenge. That's when those hands gave a firm shove, allowing the man to escape her coquettish clutches to find his feet. Eyes tightened for a tick before she shook off the frustration. Before long Kaie was back on her feet, too. The Myrian's body lowered with the bend to her knees. Open hands came up to form a guard with Aider focused in the window they created. Back was straight, and head was slightly lowered behind her defenses.

"Alright, Nykian. Let's see if Sunberth really did toughen you up. Hit me with your best petching shot." The leading hand in her guard made a come-hither motion toward the man. Feet slowly entered toward his range before pausing. Feral eyes focused on his chest, gauging his body as a whole with the help of trusty peripheral vision. Now, all she had to do was wait.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Truth is the best Arrow

Postby Aider Silander on July 31st, 2015, 3:37 am

He smiled at her complement. It was nice to believe that she had thought somewhat highly of him at some point. "Maybe we have indeed" he said with a simple smile. Hiding and running had always been his go to when trouble came upon him. But Kaie was entirely different person when it came to how she handled conflict and he was just adding to the conflict that was building inside her. He could feel her frustrations through the movement of her body as she sat on top of him.

He winced at the mention of his home town. Shaking his head and looking towards her. He stepped sideways as he watched her take a guarding stance. She was waiting for him to make the first move, he would have a few ticks to think of a way to take advantage of her. "It hurts more when you call me that." he said with a chuckle. "Some more resentment towards the gods for having me be born there maybe" he said. The stinging flames of her words hung in his ears.

Though she was not the only one feeling the heated wants, his body had begun to react to hers when her teasing started. A deep burning inside of him to pull her close and lead her to the ground. To once again meet in the purest form of romance between the two. One where very little words were spoken and their bodies did not lie to one another.

He licked his lips as he continued to slowly step foot over foot until he felt something hard press against his foot. His eyes glanced down for a tick, it was the tail end of his arrow from his short practice earlier. It would not fly to far, but if he got close enough it might give him an opening. His eyes glanced up at her then quickly back down at the broken arrow. His hand raced towards the earth, grabbing the arrow and some dirt with it. He ran towards her, hoping to force a reaction. He would try to step closer to her until he could hurl the arrow and the dirt towards her. Hoping to give him some sort of a distraction as he would move to her left side and try to throw a low kick to the back of her shin. If this was successful he would try to follow it up by bringing his elbow up and down into her shoulder.

Aider Silander

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Truth is the best Arrow

Postby Kaie on August 6th, 2015, 4:20 am

Oh, I know that look, Aider Silander, her mind warned in its usual silence. Eyes tightened and narrowed as they studied his. The man hadn't lied but there was deceit. In the rapid flicker of his gaze from ground to opponent, and then ground again, there was a tell of sorts. Something sharp speared up from the earth was quickly captured by his speedy grasp. Then it was all movement, a body hurtling its way toward her like a rhino through the grass. Her lip gave a feral curl. The Myrian stood her ground, eyes carefully following is movements despite his ferocious rise in speed.

Unsurprisingly, whatever it was he had gathered was projected her way with the uncurling of a tight fist. Earthy matter veiled her in a dark cloud. That merely elicited from the savage a sharp exhale, to prevent inhaling the material, and a squinting of sensitive eyes. It was the angry tearing of flesh along her cheek that was enough to merit true distraction, and before she knew it, the man had managed to land a low kick to the back of her shin.

The leg buckled. The jungle-born let out a fierce snarl as she dropped to a knee. A reactive left arm came up to defense her sudden vulnerability, heading turning so she could guide her forearm to the one that moved to attack her from above. Flesh struck flesh with a force to merit certain bruising for both parties later. Regardless, the immediate threat had been halted, and so the irritable Myrian merely let her movements flow. Avoiding an upset with the new pain in her shin, she twisted her hips and sprung upward with the power of her right leg. Her head leaned back and then snapped forward in an attempt to make contact with his face. Then, though wobbly with Aider's thoughtful cramping gift to her leg, the Myrian would retreat whether or not she succeeded if only to keep the simple spar from escalating.

A broad grin spread across her face. Crimson marked the back of her bronzed hand where it smeared the trickle of blood leaking from her cheek. Guard slowly dropped, fists opening to shown palms to further convey the ending of the friendly battle.
"You're learning quickly. Well done," she allowed with a slow nod of approval. Eyes wandered across the earth. Feet trudged until they found the correct spot. A shiny object was scooped from the dirt and balanced between index and thumb: the broken arrow. A few ticks were taken to appreciate the improvised cheap shot before it was discarded again. A bladed boot made a point to step upon it, grinding it into the dirt.

"Now that the sparring is over...I believe you owe me a lesson." Brows rose in playful mockery, a hand gesturing back toward his bow. Something told her now that she was in the hot seat, things were going to turn out to be very interesting indeed. At the very least, both had begun to loosen up their hardened exteriors that came with prior conflict that unsettled their minds. Even a temporary relief of that weight from her shoulders was enough.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext