[Rosela's Scrapbook] Stuff goes here.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Kiva on July 16th, 2015, 9:28 pm

Did someone say something about a badass Myrian?

*insert shameless Falyndar plug here*

Seriously, though, I am sorry to hear that you are struggling, Rosela. I have seen your character change and grow for awhile now and she's impressed me greatly. It's always rough when you can't find inspiration for them. Whatever you decide to do, I hope it brings you happiness.

If you want to throw around some ideas for that Myrian, though... I know quite a bit about the race and would love to plot. I'm hopefully going to have Kiva return to Taloba soon, and if not, flashbacks are likely always an option. Just let me know and maybe I can help get some creative juices flowing.

Wish you the best.
★★★
ImageImage
Kiva
Player

Words: 225555
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2015, 7:34 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Rosela on July 22nd, 2015, 2:55 pm

Thanks for the well-wishes, you guys! I appreciate it more than I could possibly say.

The Last Week
Or, how Mizahar helped get my life back on track.

It was hard to explain how crappy I was feeling lately in my last scrap. Rereading it now, I ended on a much more determined note than I was really feeling, and I had tried not to harp too much on how miserable I really was.

Now, it’s been a week since I’ve been back, and I’m feeling…good. Better than good. It’s one thing when my husband makes a point to mention I’m not crabby and irritable anymore, it’s another when I notice my change in mood myself. The simple act of interacting with people on Mizahar during the day has made my life so much brighter. I feel it, and I don’t really know how to put it into words. Thank you to the people in chat for being so friendly and inviting. Thank you to Caesarion for giving me my first review on the Eypharian writeup. Thank you to Caelum who was so kind to offer to help me plot. Thank you to everyone who has wished me well on my return. Mizahar has a wonderful community of people and while I know there’s a million other roleplaying sites out there, this is where I put down roots, and it will be a part of me for a long time. Even if I leave again, and even if I don't make it back next time, Mizahar will be in my thoughts for a long time.

So, to shift gears, what does that mean for my roleplaying? As I thought it might, the Eypharian writeup has made me fall in love with the race again and I can’t imagine playing an Eypharian other than Rosela. This leaves me in a little bit of a pickle. Rosela, who is supposed to give birth this season, will be a terrible mother. I don’t know why I thought a pregnancy would be a good plot point for her. The thought of a child being a permanent part of her life now wigs me out a little. But I guess challenges are just part of the writing experience, right?

So that’s where I’m at. I’m feeling better; I’m going to start writing again; it’s going to be interesting.

Have a moment? Maybe drop by and leave a peer review?
Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Words: 739794
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 7:54 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Rosela on August 4th, 2015, 1:00 pm

Just found out Spaceballs was the #1 movie in America on the day I was born.

...I'm pretty happy about that. Small things like this get me through the day.

Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Rosela on August 18th, 2015, 12:41 pm

Last week was a bit rough, mostly because of a lot of overtime at work that killed my Miz time. However, there was a little ray of sunshine that poked through and I wanted to share that.

You see this adorable ball of fluff? Well, his title didn't say adopted until a few days ago. I'd gotten into the bad idea of looking for adoptable dogs near us and I came across little Confetti during that time. He's perfect for us - small, adorable, and maybe a little old, but mellow (which, for a Pomeranian, is odd). Even though I knew we shouldn't even consider getting a dog right now, I saved the listing and kept checking back on it, wondering what the ten years of his little life had been like. In a moment of weakness, we almost went to see him...but I knew he'd have to come home with us if we did. I wondered often whether he'd find a good home, since older dogs are notoriously difficult to adopt out.

Well, he did. When that 'Adopted!' popped up one day, though it killed my pining over him, it gave me a sigh of relief. Good to have a little sunshine for that day.

Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Rosela on September 10th, 2015, 1:16 pm

PHEW, Are We There Yet?
Or...let me just whine for a few minutes and I'll feel better

Life's been a bit tough lately, which may explain why my posts have dwindled a bit. I knew at least some of what's happening was coming down the line, so I took efforts not to start too many extraneous threads, but I do need to remember not to abandon Rosela's main plot for the moment - her birth and escape from Riverfall.

Work has been just plain crazy lately, and has been that way for a while. For those who don't know, I'm a web designer for a small company. The number of clients we have has grown 10x (literally) in the years I've been here, while maintaining the same number of staff to maintain all these sites. It was only last week that I finally broke down and admitted the reason I was always behind was not my fault - I'm just truly doing the work of two people and it's getting to be too much. The extra time I use to put in to make up for time spent on Miz has been inching up, even though I haven't even been on Miz lately. So work life - put a big ol' check in the stress column there.

I'm also looking for a new job. Not because my current job is stressful, but now that we've moved, I'm in a position to do the same work for 3x the pay plus real, adult benefits. So on top of job applications, I've been trying to build a portfolio, which is kindof fun because it includes an online game I'm working on, but it's another huge draw on time.

Over the past two weeks, I've also had (drumroll please)...shingles! Yes, the Geostigma of chickenpox has had me quite miserable. It's finally fading though, meaning sitting in front of the computer isn't torture anymore. This one fact alone is pretty much the reason I'm making an effort now, rather than a while ago, to get myself together on here.

So yea, life's been a bit difficult. It could certainly be worse, but a small relief is that I didn't get too ambitious and start a whole bunch of threads when I thought I had time and I'm really only leaving poor Hirem hanging (sorry buddy!). I feel like I've been sprinting for a while, but I'm hoping that's the finish line I see up ahead.

In conclusion, I leave you with something positive: a video I sent my husband as inspiration, nay, PROOF as to why we need a german shepherd (his favorite breed) and a pomeranian (my favorite) both in our lives:

Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Rosela on October 1st, 2015, 7:59 pm

Rosela's Rosellas
Or, how to procrastinate with random factoids

Today I learned there is a bird called a Rosella, and yes, they are just as fabulous as the woman they (almost) share a name with:

Was reading a bit on Australia and imagine my surprise when someone mentions dodging a flock of Rosellas. They're a type of Australian Parrot and are pretty popular as pets. The above is a Western Rosella, one of several variations in color. And they apparently can learn to whistle tunes:

Just your daily dose of pleasantness :)

Rosela
Bring me pretty things.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Previous