New Feature Changes In The Site

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

Changes In The Site

Postby Gossamer on July 2nd, 2015, 10:56 pm

Orin, those issues are going to be taken up on a case by case basis with the location you choose to move your PC too. It's going to matter greatly if that location has an AS verses a DS, for example, and what they are willing to continue on with your storythread. You probably should contact around and get prior permission to say continue your chosen path before moving.

Don't expect someone, namely an ST, to automatically continue your stuff. They might not have any interest in it and truthfully if its not from their domain they DONT have to continue it. Another ST might be glad too.

In the rare event someone has outstanding business loans, they will have to sell their business back to whomever they borrowed the money from before they left. They can then re-establish the business with a new debt holder in another location. If they had 50% of it paid off, they will only get 50% of its total worth out of it. But at the new location, the cost should be exactly the same so their loan should then only be 50% to get started unless they've spent all their profit and have no savings.

What works in the real world works here too.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Changes In The Site

Postby Lashander on August 14th, 2015, 1:03 am

Hi, just wondering if the scope of cities set for suspension in the original post is still accurate. Now Sahova and Suberth seem to have joined the list and maybe others I'm not aware of. On the other hand, Kenash was saved as I understand it and maybe there were other cities who dodged the bullet and I didn't catch it.

Is there any chance to either update the list in the OP or (probably bertter for people not in the know at all) add sticky threads informing folks of the impending doom to the forums of all affected cities? Or is it too premature for that?

Obviously I don't know which gears might be turning under the hood of Mizahar. Admittedly selfishly, I'm just trying to find a place where I can (re-)plant my character without running into the risk of shutdown all over.

Thanks.
Lashander
Player

Words: 30578
Joined roleplay: June 19th, 2015, 11:48 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Changes In The Site

Postby Tribal on August 14th, 2015, 10:18 pm

Founders

Gillar Ravok, Gamewide
Gossamer Riverfall, Cyphrus, Gamewide
Liminal Abura, Gamewide
Tarot Nyka, Gamewide

Regional Storytellers (RS)

Mirage Kalea, Sahova
Traverse Falyndar, Taloba

Domain Storytellers (DS)

Nightmare Syliras

Assistant Storytellers (AS)

Balderdash Nyka
Doctrine Zeltiva
Fable Alvadas
Neologism Lhavit
Plume Syliras
Tribal Endrykas
Verilian Wind Rea
Tribal
Lost in the Tall Grass

Words: 242363
Joined roleplay: June 28th, 2015, 11:43 pm
Office
Plotnotes

Changes In The Site

Postby Alea Davenport on August 18th, 2015, 4:32 am

Except I think Gillar and Tarot don't count. Balderdash has Nyka, but I'm pretty darn sure Ravok's closing. Actually, on second thought, I think Gillar is technically modding Sultros, he just hasn't bothered updating his profile in a few years ;)

Also, to my understanding, Regional STs don't count for keeping their whole region active; at best RS's and above can also DS for one city. So Gossamer has Riverfall, Traverse has Taloba. I guess Mirage dropped Sahova, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Pretty sure Kenash's new AS is gone now.

Based on my best guess/knowledge, here's a list of cities likely to be ACTIVE in the fall:

Nyka
Syliras
Zeltiva

Abura

Endrykas
Riverfall

Taloba

Alvadas
Sultros(?) (Not that it has any players to speak of.)
Lhavit
Wind Reach

Also, I think the City List is current as of Summer. So if you go by the city list, and then close all the cities mentioned in the first post, that should get you....basically the list I just came up with ^^;
Alea Davenport
Wielder of Obfuscated and Circuitous Logic

Words: 477755
Joined roleplay: October 28th, 2011, 10:54 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Guest Storyteller (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Changes In The Site

Postby Lisana on August 18th, 2015, 10:45 am

I think if there is an RS in charge, they can decide whether or not the individual domains will close
I make mediocre boxcodes for people here.
Otaia|Anthere|Lisana
3/5 Threads
Lisana
Player

Words: 66239
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2014, 11:45 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Changes In The Site

Postby Traverse on August 30th, 2015, 5:55 pm

An RS can only keep one city going if the others do not have an active AS or DS
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Changes In The Site

Postby Eleazar Victor Syroin on August 30th, 2015, 9:14 pm

I have a question about Migrating.

To migrate out of a closing city; do you contact HD or the ST of the city you wish to migrate to?
14/14
Fast feet and an unsound mind make a man fly.
Eleazar Victor Syroin
Ownership is a matter of Opinion

Words: 154090
Joined roleplay: December 24th, 2013, 11:13 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Changes In The Site

Postby Gossamer on September 1st, 2015, 12:43 am

You just migrate. No need to contact anyone for permission on migrating out due to city closures. However, if you want to be able to MIGRATE back if a city opens back up, you'll need a note in your Storyteller's Secret that you did migrate. In that case, feel free to nudge the storyteller of the Domain you are migrating to and get that added in. :)

I'll bump this so people can have clarification. Thanks to Alea for reminding me!
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Previous