[Silver Chest Event] The Magical Chest of Magic! (Solo)

Kailey finds a magical chest, and puts her things inside of it. Then she finds something new inside and all of her old stuff gone.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Kailey on August 26th, 2015, 12:16 am

Timestamp: Summer 77, 515 AV

It had been a long time ago, that Kailey had stumbled upon Endrykas with her parents, after having been led within by a guide. Well, not a long, long time ago, in the grand scheme of things. In fact, when you really thought about it, it was a rather short time ago really, but being that her life had been short, as she was still only a year old, everything that had ever happened to her seemed very close by when she looked back at it. As though she could reach out and touch all of her memories- the day she first walked into Endrykas, the day she had first eaten clovers and dandelions, the first time she had shifted from one form to the other, the first time she had tried meat that she had been offered and hated it and spat it right back out in an instant as everything about it seemed wrong and unnatural, the first time she had ridden a horse and fallen off the beast several times- even more times than she could count, and of course, probably the most important day of her life, if not one of the most important of the days- the one in which she lost her parents. The one in which she was separated from them, only to find that she could never quite find them again. This saddened her, and made the trip through the tents and the grass more melancholic than it should have been, and perhaps, a tad more nostalgic too.

The grass was shorter here than out in the sea, Kailey found. But not by much, it just tickled different portions of her unadorned skin. It was just as green, just as there were bits that appeared an even lighter green, or somewhat brown, or somewhat yellow, if they hadn't been watered right- either too much, or too little, and not sunned enough, naturally. The tents were the same sea of colors they always were- the ones she moved through seemed largely brown though, or a sort of ruddy red. Although some came in different colors too- or had some sort of markings in various shades, sometimes purple or yellow for example. She wondered what they meant as she moved through the city. Skipping to try and cheer herself up. Her white dress jumping up with her- bouncing over her knees, whipping around her thighs, and then crashing back down only to do everything all over again. And again and again and again. She loved that, the feel of the cotton, it was comforting, in much the way that the sun's light was upon her face, and her bare shoulders. Although she had to narrow her eyes a little so not to much light would get in, and she'd be sort of stunned and sort of blinded as she chased neon colored lights in front of her eyes in tones of purple and blue.

Anyway, the sun was still rising. It was in the eastern sky now, not to high, but not to low all the same. Kailey thought it was perhaps mid morning- so something like nine bells into it or so, maybe a few ticks past that. She wasn't quite sure as she skipped around a bend- weaving temporarily between a series of tents before the area opened up again, by what looked to be a cooking fire- as it was a circular space in the ground ringed by stones, which appeared to have a metal spit hanging over it. Kailey shuttered as she picked up the pace and moved past it, before glancing up at the sky temporarily, and noticing that the sun was inching higher and higher, and there were very few clouds about. In fact, she couldn't exactly pick out more than one... no make that two, slowly meandering against the soft blue backdrop, making their way from one end of the sky to the other. At a pace she could only describe as that usually reserved for snails, and perhaps little old men with stooped back, aching muscles, and a cane. Or something of the like. Kailey didn't think much on it though- only that it meant the day was likely to get hotter, and hotter, and perhaps a little stickier as it wore on. So she shrugged, and returned to her aimless trek through the moving city.

OOCSorry this post rambles something fierce.
Kailey
Whittle Bunny Foo Foo

Words: 45748
Joined roleplay: March 14th, 2015, 3:55 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Kailey on August 26th, 2015, 12:33 am

Kailey rocked her head from side to side as she moved, and then veered to the left around another small section of city tents. Her hair flopped from shoulder to shoulder, as her heart began to beat faster and faster as she moved. Her chest rising and falling even faster too, as her feet began to drum out a beat upon the ground, that she supposed only she could hear, as the grass did a good job of muffling a number of things around here. Another breath, and the wind was blowing, cooling her skin as it flit through the grass, and made it sway. Kailey smiled, she felt like nature was giving her a tune to work with- a tune she could not ignore. She wanted to add to its music, and took a deep breath in through her nose and out through her mouth to prepare herself. Then she tested her voice out a little. But it seemed scratchy so she took the time to clear her throat for a minute, before she began to sing, in a loud, clear voice.

Her sung went thusly:

(On my way, on my way)
(On my way, on my way)

I would like to reach out my hand
I may see you, I may tell you to run (On my way, on my way)
You know what they say about the young.

Well pick me up with golden hand

Well, I would like to hold my little hand
And we will run, we will, we will crawl, we will
I would like to hold my little hand
And we will run, we will, we will crawl

Send me on my way (On my way)
Mm hmm (On my way)

Now pick me up with golden hand

Mm hmm (On my way)

Send me on my way
Send me on my way
Send me on my way
On my way
Send me on my way
Send me on my way

Kailey choked down another breath of air. Her throat was getting scratchy again, and then she continued.

When she was done singing this song, Kailey moved to the right around another series of tents, as her throat ached. It felt like someone was clawing it from the inside. She felt completely out of breath, so she swallowed her saliva several times over as skipped along through the city.

She realized she felt a little better now, which was nice, and refreshing, as it meant she didn't feel quite so lonely.

As she finished swallowing another few drops of saliva, Kailey realized that her throat still hurt a little, but it felt much better, just like she felt much better. She felt that she was doing something right now, to make herself feel better, and as such, didn't want to stop doing it, as it meant she might not feel as good, so she began with another song.

It went a little something like this:

Hello there mister bunny,
how are you today?

Good you say?

That's good I say.

And what do you see mister bunny?
Other than your own reflection
Staring back at me?

Fields full of clovers,
fields full of dandelions,
fields full of wild strawberries,
and bluebells, and snowbells,
fields filled with horses
and with hay
and fields-

Kailey choked on her last word as she stumbled over something in her distracted state. She stubbed her toe on whatever it had been, it throbbed painfully- she supposed it hurt more than it could have, seeing as she had been wearing open toed footwear, (her sandals). She groaned, as she rolled to the side of the item in question, and then, rolled instantly back onto her feet and stuck up her fists. She was frowning, "ey, put'em up," she said, as she looked around, to find that there was no one who had tripped her, no one who was laughing, as she had sprung their trap. She let her hands fall to her sides, as she blinked several times, confused, and then turned behind her to find a silver chest resting in the grass. It looked nice, and shiny, and this attracted her, so although it had hurt her, and she was feeling angry at the inanimate object, she decided to investigate it further.

OOCThe first song listed is on my way by rusted root. I did not write it. I do not claim ownership of it as my own work, and would like to express this, and give credit to the proper persons for the making of this lovely song. Thank you.
Kailey
Whittle Bunny Foo Foo

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Kailey on August 26th, 2015, 12:50 am

Kailey bent down a little, and then, when she realized she still couldn't see the chest as well as she would have liked to, she knelt beside it. She brushed the blades of grass that folded into, and often over the top aside, as though she were gingerly cleaning the most delicate item in all of the world. But the chest wasn't delicate she knew, it was clearly made of silver, which shined all the more brightly in the sun now that she had moved the grass away. She looked behind it, and on both sides, by holding onto either end, and craning to take a look around. She found that bits of it were darker. She thought the term for that was tarnished, but she wasn't entirely sure. She wasn't so good with anything metallic. In any case, she found that in several places, cloudy splotches more akin to grey than anything else had woven their way into the smooth, silver chest's otherwise unblemished texture. Some were darker than others- close to a slate in color, while other splotches were lighter, like a fading grey cloud. Some held a few colors which ran the full gambit between them. She tried to scratch them off with her nail, but this did nothing.

Kailey sighed, and soon gave up trying. Instead, she looked around the edges of the lid, and the boxy portion of the chest- to find that it had been carved into a bit. Well not carved- but there were pictures on it. They weren't paintings any more than they were drawings, but you could say that they were images forced into the metal. It was a winding thing, which framed the entirety of the lid, and moved around the edges of the box. It was a series of flowing lines- which formed an image. Kailey squinted to look at it better, and realized that it were a group of bunnies running all around it. (Actually, it was a bunch of horses, she just made them into bunnies because she liked those. Seeing as she was one, or very nearly one, or something like that. You know, whatever category Kelvics fell into- as they were of both worlds, in many ways, human and not. Human and animal). Anyway, she traced the images with her fingers, and felt the bumps. She decided that she liked the chest, and as her stomach rumbled, she decided that she liked it even more. Not just because it was shiny, but because it had the bunny pattern, and because, as she took another look around, she realized that no one else had seemed to discover it yet, which meant she could use it, and take it for herself.

Kailey soon decided that she would set her things in the chest. Or at least the heavier things, and then go and find a quick bite to eat, before coming back, and retrieving her things and the chest, and placing it somewhere safe. She liked that idea a lot, as it meant she didn't have to carry quite so many heavy things around with her, as she skipped around. She didn't like when her pack slammed into her back, and when her shoulders began to ache from the pressure of the straps. So, she pushed the lid back, and looked inside. The chest looked like it was lined with red velvet. She reached in, it was soft, she found, and entirely empty, which meant that she could most certainly use it. So, she pulled her pack off her shoulders, and undid the top latch- before rummaging around inside, and pulling out all the heavier items to store in the chest while she went out to lunch. First, she placed her one person tent gingerly on the bottom of the chest, then she added her razor, (which to be honest, she hardly used, as she thought it unnatural to get rid of her hair, besides, it meant she got even colder when the weather became more inclement), then she added her comb, her soap, blood decoy, packing board, and her eating utensils. (She liked eating with her hands). When she was done with that, she added the two coils of hempen rope, which had been strung to the bottom of her bag as a sort of afterthought. She added her belt pouch as well, as she didn't need it at the moment. When she was done, she refastened the lid on her bag, put it back upon her shoulders, and then replaced the top of the chest, and set it neatly back into place.

When she was done, she moved away- but she didn't go far. Kailey wanted to keep the chest in sight, just to be sure no one got any bright ideas and tried to claim what she had now rightfully claimed as hers.
Last edited by Kailey on August 26th, 2015, 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kailey
Whittle Bunny Foo Foo

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Kailey on August 26th, 2015, 1:07 am

Kailey picked some grass up, and nibbled on it thoughtfully, chewing methodically. She found she wasn't very hungry, or maybe she was too excited and distracted by the chest and her good fortune to find her appetite, (which was most certainly there- her stomach continued to remind her with its rumbling). She gulped down her food within a few minutes, and then moved back to the chest, she placed her hands on her hips as she reached its side, and then thrust her hip out to the left a little, leaning into it as she thought on where to move it and where she had come from- as she lived in that direction for the time being. When she remembered, and had come up with an idea, she bent her body at the waist, and shook her arms out to loosen them up, before jumping up and down a little in place to warm up, then, she placed her hands on either side of the front panel of the chest, and pushed. It didn't budge. She pushed her feet back a little, nibbled her lower lip, and then pushed even harder. Her feet slid against the ground. Over and over, it was like she were running in place. Faster and faster she moved her tiny feet, until her legs and her arms ached, but the chest wouldn't budge.

Kailey groaned, she needed to move it, so she decided to try something else. She walked a little closer to the chest, but did not take her hands off of it. She took a deep breath in through her nose, and out through her mouth, before pressing the tips of her fingers more tightly against the metal. She took another deep breath, and then counted to three in her head, before allowing her legs to bend a little, before straightening, at which point she tried to lift the chest off the ground. Her chest heaved, sweat poured from her brow, but the chest could not be lifted. She supposed it was just to heavy for her, and pulled back and gave up. She wiped the sweat on her brow away with the back of her hand. She thought about asking for help moving it, and then decided against it- as the person she found might be a goody goody and ask questions like where she got it and if she stole it and if she knew who it really belonged to- (yeah, still her, as far as she was concerned). She shook her head, she definitely couldn't do that. Which made her think that perhaps she was doing everything wrong. Perhaps, she had approached the move in the incorrect manner.

Perhaps, the chest had simply snagged on the grass when she had tried to push it in the one direction, and she would be better off pushing it from one of the other ones. So, she moved to the eastern face of the chest and tried to push it again, but nothing happened. She moved to the southern face, and tried the box again, but nothing happened, the chest didn't even twitch. Then she tried the western face- same thing. She groaned, and then thought perhaps, she could roll it if she pushed from the back of the lid. She smiled at the idea, she thought herself so smart and tried this- but it still would not move. Nearly a full bell had passed, but no matter how hard she pushed, or even tried to pull when she realized that just would not work, Kailey could not get the darned thing to budge. Which meant, that she would have to leave the chest, she couldn't take it with her. As such, she sighed, and went to retrieve her things from the chest, as she didn't want to leave a single thing behind. So, she moved back around to the front of the chest. Then she pulled back the shiny lid, and opened the chest. But what stared back at her had changed. Everything was different.

Kailey frowned. She hadn't let her eyes wander- no one could have tampered with the contents of the chest. She reached inside and felt around for a false panel that could have been hiding her things, but there was nothing. Her things were gone- but there was something else inside. She couldn't get a very good look at it, so she reached inside to pull it out, and get a good look at whatever it was.

OOCSorry this wasn't one of my best. Bit rusty with this pc. Tried to make it fun for you though!
Kailey
Whittle Bunny Foo Foo

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Tribal on August 26th, 2015, 5:03 am

Inside the chest, not her things but a deep red bag of velvet was to be found. The bag looked like any other backpack, except for the material and gold, woven rope ties. Kailey couldn’t quite work out what special use it might have other than looking amazing. Frustrated and annoyed that all of her things had gone missing; Kailey piled her backpack into this new bag and lifted it onto her shoulders only to find that the bag felt weightless…

Over the next few days Kailey would find that she could put just about anything into the bag and pick it up with no trouble at all. Filled to the brim with rocks? No problem, light as a feather as long as she could close the gold rope-string at the top. Perhaps this bag would prove useful in future; for now it was most definitely interesting.

G R A D E S

Kailey

Experience

• Observation: 3
  • Bodybuilding: 2
  • Mathematics: 1
  • Singing: 1
  • Land Navigation: 1
  • Investigation: 2
  • Endurance: 1
  • Organisation: 1

Lore

• Kailey: Life seems to fly by when you're a Rabbit Kelvic
  • Endrykas: The grass is shorter in the city than on the plain
  • Mathematics: Telling the time
  • The heat of a summer's day in Endrykas
  • Land Navigation: Finding your way in Endrykas
  • Event: The Silver Chest
  • The Silver Chest: A gift for a gift
  • Observation: Tarnished metal

Please remove the following from your possession:

- 1 x One man tent
- 1 Razor
- 1 x Comb
- 1 x Soap
- 1 x Blood Decoy
- 1 x Packing Board
- Eating utensils
- 2 x coils of hemp rope
- 1 x Belt Pouch

Notes

What an interesting character. Not had to grade for any Kelvics yet so this was a new one for me! Enjoy the rewards. P. S. Don't forget to pay your summer 'seasonal expenses'.
Tribal
Lost in the Tall Grass

Words: 242363
Joined roleplay: June 28th, 2015, 11:43 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes