How to Train your Hunter (Jeremy)

A training session turns into a hunting lesson.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Crystal Nightshade on September 9th, 2015, 9:40 pm

9th of Fall, 515AV
3rd Bell, Traveler's Row
NoteLemme know if you need a different date~

Crystal groaned and rolled over as something jumped on her. "It's not time yet Leo.." She grumbled as he licked her face energetically. It was way to early, and she had training to attend to later. Despite her protest, the dog seemed intent on waking her, for he whined and took the covers in his maw. And walked off the bed with them. It was cold, and the cool air on her skin jolted her awake. She groaned before glaring at the puppy. Not long after she sighed and took him into her arms. "Why are you so excited?" She mumbled to herself.

Leo shipped and attempted to lick her face. "You need to eat while I get ready." She announced, setting him on the ground. The puppy had grown on her in the past few days. She set out his food and went to wash and change. As always he whined when she left, but continued to do so until she opened the door to the bathroom. It was if he wanted to be able to reach her in an emergency. She chuckled at the thought as she dressed herself. She wore the usual her usual leather armor, and walked to the door just as Leo finished his breakfast. Now she was ready to go. Grabbing the cur pup, she headed out the door. Hopefully her partner wouldn't mind early training.

---

She managed to make it through the crowds without dropping Leo. She knew he would follow her and that was it, but in crowds so big even a dog could get lost. Besides, wouldn't it confuse him with so many different scents? The ebony certainly thought so. Once through the Mithryn gates she finally released him to walk on his own paws. He diligently and obediently stayed with her and, thank goodness, didn't cause any trouble. The little rascals was calm for once. She made her way through the commons, and knocked on one of the doors.

"Uh, this is Crystal, we talked the other day?" She said, hesitantly. "Sorry, I didn't mean to come this early. I had a.. disturbance of sorts." She said before meaningfully glaring at the puppy sitting beside her. A cute disturbance, but a disturbance all the same. She turned her gaze away from the pup and hopped her companion wasn't asleep.

NoteSory it's short, I'm better after I've gotten a reply.
0/2 Threads
Have time to visit the Gardening skill?
Crystal Nightshade
Intellectual Seeker

Words: 79860
Joined roleplay: August 28th, 2015, 9:10 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Jeremy Casing on September 10th, 2015, 8:50 am

Jeremy had barely slept that night. He was too busy wondering how the shyke his life had spun out of control. Less than a season ago, he was a bachelor living on his own save for his many pets. Now, suddenly, he shared a bed with his pregnant fiancée, who had moved in with him only yesterday. Their first night together as a betrothed couple had been equal parts terrifying and frustrating. Penelope Hope had immediately been intimate, hell-bent on kissing Jeremy and being close to him, regardless of what he was doing. He in turn had been too scared of upsetting the mother of his child to refuse her advances, and though his morals and mind did not want to jump into the martial deep-end, his body had betrayed the attraction he felt for his young fiancée. When they had been undressing in preparation of lying down together for only the second time in their complicated relationship, Jeremy had rationalised it all by thinking: what's the worse that could happen - I impregnate her again?

But afterwards, guilt had hung over him like a cloud. Penelope had been so flushed and happy, staring up at the gold ring that hugged her finger and talking to Jeremy about their future together. Even when he quietly mentioned that his lifespan was far shorter than hers, she had merely tsked and decided that that only meant they would need to make the most of what they had now. She had quickly fallen asleep, wedged up to Jeremy's left side with her arm casually thrown over his bare chest.

He envied her tiredness and ability to sleep, and no matter how Jeremy tried, sleep eluded him for most of the night. In the darkness, he prayed to Caiyha and Oriana for help, though he was unsure what these goddesses could ever do for him. This was, after all, his own doing. The guilt he felt for getting himself in this situation was juxtaposed by the sense of dedication and responsibility he had for his unborn child, and the wife who carried him or her. For whatever reason, Penelope seemed to think highly of her fiancè, and Jeremy found it near impossible to resist her brown eyes, the smile on her lips and the way she pressed herself against him.

Still, morning came with unpleasantness slowness. He watched Syna rise out of the bedroom window, and stirred only when Penelope groaned and turned over in her sleep. Even his beloved dog, Jester, stared at him in surprise when he trudged into the main room of his small home.

Danger? She had enquired silently through Nura, her blue eyes wide and full of inquisitive panic.

Jeremy had shook his head: No sleep, he replied, conveying his frustration and exhaustion to the dog.

But both dog and man were caught unawares when someone knocked on the door. It was barely the fifth bell, and though the farmers would be up and ready to work so early, it was unheard of Jeremy to see this time of day. But he darted through the room as quickly as he could, flinging the door open with a somewhat wild-look in his eyes. The last thing he wanted was to wake up Penelope.

When he opened the door, he saw an unfamiliar woman. The beginnings of a frown began to crease his milky complexion, but then she explained and the memory jumped back to Jeremy. "Of course, of course. Don't apologise. I... wasn't asleep anyway." He stepped outside the front door, and then froze. It was no longer in his capacity to simply leave home with no notice; there was a certain woman in his bed who would no doubt want to know where her betrothed had disappeared to. "Come inside." He murmured, keeping his voice low, "I just need to prepare before we leave."

Once his companion and her dog had entered the small house, Jester leapt down from her sleeping spot on the sofa to greet the younger canine. Jeremy glanced to his two-legged company and began to scrawl down a note to Penelope. "I'm sorry," he whispered, pausing to decide how many 'x's was appropriate to leave on the bottom of his hastily written message, "I can't remember your name. It's been a chaotic few days. What was it again?"

Jeremy Casing
The Urban Witch

Words: 151300
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2014, 2:30 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Crystal Nightshade on September 12th, 2015, 1:40 pm

The ebony nodded and thanked the man before walking into his home hesitantly. She turned to get Leo in, but found he had already entered and was making friends with the elder dog of her companion. She wasn't sure what breed the it was, but she was certain it was female. She hoped Leo wouldn't cause any mischief in the man's home, otherwise they both might be in trouble. Not that she didn't trust the hyperactive pup, it was just he could be a handful at times.

She had a few incidents with the pup, between trying to lock him out of her bedroom to leaving him home alone. She had figured out his separation anxiety quickly. He'd howl until he could no longer if she tried to leave him, and he'd put marks on her door if she locked him out. She sighed inwardly, but had already decided not to fight it. Besides, he was a loyal and entertaining dog, even when he was causing trouble.

Crystal zoned back into more important matters when the man spoke. He'd forgotten her name? Ah, but.. She barely remembered him, other than his address. "It's not a problem. I've forgotten yours as well." She replied, marveling in the last few days for a tick before speaking again. "I'm Crystal." The woman said softly. It was so early that others must be asleep, so she tried to keep her voice down. There was no need to be loud anyway.

She was also a bit nervous to be in this man's home. He was a stranger other than the few words exchanged and the arranged training. She was starting to feel anxious in the space. So far he hadn't given her a reason to be suspicious, and to be honest she had approached him. It wasn't like she was scared or anything, it was simply the fact she couldn't hold casual conversation. She was socially shy.

"Oh, your name would be?"
0/2 Threads
Have time to visit the Gardening skill?
Crystal Nightshade
Intellectual Seeker

Words: 79860
Joined roleplay: August 28th, 2015, 9:10 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes