PM to join [Heralds Arms, Elegant Weave] A Good Day to go Shopping!

Ferrin decides that he should take another tour through Sylrias and purchase some clothes and such. Maybe meet some new people on the way?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Heralds Arms, Elegant Weave] A Good Day to go Shopping!

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on September 13th, 2015, 4:48 am

Ferrin [Heralds Arms]
Season of Fall 515 AV, Day 12, 11th Bell 22 Chimes

It is, early afternoon and the Heralds Arms are not as busy as certain nights are usually. Ferrin woke up with a yawn and a stretch, hmm sleeping in wasn't on his schedule, but it seemed good since he hasn't had a good nights sleep within days time. He lowered his arms back down to his waist while admiring the painted ceiling thinking 'I should maybe get some new clothing today?' Ferrin smiles excited for his day to begin and hoping that it will begin well.

'I wonder where the clothing store would be, I'll ask the bartender downstairs. Maybe he might know where to go?' Ferrin pushed forward his covers and swings his legs over the bed and onto the floor, his feet obviously following along, met the floor and made a soft hmph sound since he has no shoes, 'who wears shoes to bed?' Ferrin thought. 'It doesn't matter really, to Ferrin at least. Others might be different.' As Ferrin stepped onto the wooden floor, the panel felt cool and comfortable to the touch. But the feeling of comfortableness vanished as Ferrin has put on his boots and dark colored cloak. He then belted his sword and checked for his bow; which is inside the bow case and lying in front of the bed itself. And for the quiver, next to the case with a number of at least 50 arrows within it. He leaves his bow and quiver in there position as if he is not going hunting for the day, which in case he feels that he doesn't need too.

Ferrin always enjoys a change in the way things are. Anyways he grabs his locket of his family of a nearby desk, and walks out his room. Having all that he needs he closes the room door with satisfaction and locks it with his room key. Ferrin strolls downstairs to feel greeted with an aroma of perfume. It smelled good and positive like, Ferrin enjoys that smell and it reminds him of his mother every time he breaths in this spray. The downstairs is lined up with tables and benches adjoining them, all over the room. Candles on every single one, neatly placed the way the owner wants them to be.

Not very much people, but speaking of people Ferrin was still able to spot the bartender who normally works night shifts at the counter cleaning the counter tops with a newly looking rag. Ferrin smiled to the bartender, and the bartender looks up just at that moment and smiled back. He then waved at Ferrin to come sit and join him for a conversation, but Ferrin doesn't want to spend to much time chatting, after all he wants to purchase some new clothing to wear. As Ferrin walks towards the bartender, he takes a quick glance at all of the people who are having their noon meals; knights with their armor in gleaming metal, travelers, salesmen, all other types of people, but some Ferrin does not want to seem to end up meeting.

Ferrin took a seat close to the bartender not feeling the need to eat although he has skipped his morning meal, he should eat something at least. The bartender walked up to Ferrin with another smile of greeting he folds up his rag and carefully places it on the counter near him. "Aye Ferrin Good day we're having. You want anything to eat what can I get yah?" Ferrin eyed the man, but with a questionable look, like, 'what do you have?' The bartender chuckled a small laugh and said that "Well we have two slices of bread with meat and cheese within it. Does that sound good?
Ferrin took a nod with his head bobbing it up and down with a "Thank you, please. That sounds alright to me. Could I just get a coup of water with that please?" The bartender nodded with acceptance, "This meal is just two Gold rimmed Mizas my young Ferrin."

Ferrin shuffled through his cloak pocket to find two Gold Mizas as the bartender gratefully filled up a glass cup of ice water. and hands it too the young hunter. Ferrin was able to find the two gold mizas, and he gently placed them in the palm of the bartenders left hand. The Bartender smiled with gratitude and he told his cook to prepare and finish making Ferrins sandwich.

Ferrin leans over the polished counter top to ask the bar tender about where to go to find and purchase some new clothing. "Excuse me? But I want to know if you have any directions for anywhere that I might be able to purchase some new clothing? I'm in need of a new set of clothes. And these are my only pair."
Ferrin blushes a bit after he said that with warm cheeks. His black curly hair still in its gorgeous curves, and his glossy blue eyes shiny as a newly formed wine glass. The bartender turned back to Ferrin after putting his two new Gold Mizas into his pocket as what the bartender would call it 'loose change.' "Aye, you would want to travel to the Elegant Weave my young Ferrin, there you can purchase all sorts of clothing items and such"I'll write down the directions for you on another piece of parchment and ink. Just give me a quick moment, ah your meal is served as well. Enjoy."

The young hunter, smiled a great thanks to the chef and to the bartender. Who is writing down instructions to get to the Elegant Weave, and as at that time Ferrin too would begin to mow down on his noon meal. Enjoying the flavors of every ingredient. Ferrin could taste some spices and seasoning, it has a delicious scent, but sadly it can not be preserved for far too long as it is going to be inside the stomach, of the, Ferrin.

The bartender handed Ferrin the parchment and Ferrin took it with his hand that he is not eating with and used his other hand to put down the wonderful tasting sandwich. He read the directions thoroughly and carefully and then placed them inside one of his cloak pockets. He smiled and nodded at the bartender as a thanks and the bartender nodded back and he went to go throughout the Arms to see if there are any tables that needed to be cleaned with his rag. That he has took with him.

On the other hand Ferrin is enjoying his wonderful meal maybe thinking that he could meet some new different people on his way through the streets or maybe someone can walk upon him here? It will be interesting to meet new people and Ferrin always enjoys meeting new people. As long as they are not the rude and disrespectful kind. He is also looking for that special someone, since he has never had one for his ever lasting life. Maybe he could find that special someone within Sylrias? That would be great, but what Ferrin is looking forwards to right now is to be able to find a new set of clothes to wear.

After all, impressions do count.

[style=max-width:175px; border-radius:7px; border:0px; background-color: black; margin:auto; padding:5px;][googlefont=Philosopher][size=95][center]"Pavi" | "Common"
Last edited by Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on September 17th, 2015, 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on September 14th, 2015, 3:24 am

Ferrin
12th Bell 30 Chimes

As Ferrin is enjoying his sandwich he thinks about home and his dreams... His dreams the dreams that keep him from sleeping at night. Nightmares, horrifying dreams, most you can not forget. But these dreams are different every night. One night he remembered, his parents home has been lit on fire and they both had been burned alive. With there carcasses burnt to miniature pieces of bone. Another one he remembers vividly is one night, a stranger came into the house, and assassinated his parents. With only in the murderers hands are the heads of his parents. He constantly has them ever since he left home. He fillls his head with worry and fear for his parents even though organization and leadership is what the enjoy doing.

The bartender came back to Ferrin after conversing with another satisfied customer. "Are you alright my young Ferrin, you look exhausted?" Ferrin shook his head with a no and smiled. "I'm fine just a little worried about something." The hard counter top is cleaned so well that Ferrin could see his reflection from the shines if the wood. His face showed sorrow and tiredness ran across his face as well.

'I guess that being here was a little worse than I thought, maybe I should send them a letter or something telling them I'm alright.' Ferrin looked back at the bartender almost forgetting that he was staring at the counter top. The bartender looked puzzled, but he knows that personal business is something that he shouldn't get involved with. In fact he has his own problems to deal with. The aged man pats Ferrin on his shoulder and wishes him good luck on his tour. Ferrin nods his thanks and finishes his meal and drink.

His sword still belted to his waist is notifying others that if there is any trouble between him and one another hr is able to know how to use it at least. Anyways Ferrin slides off the stool and stretched his arms going straight up. He lowered them back down after that quick moment just to wake them up. He begins with stepping towards the main door and as he took the last inhaled breath of the aroma of perfume he opened the door and vanished within the river of people. After closing the door.

The Elegant Weave, Ferrin thought, what an interesting title. I wonder what kind of clothes they sell, well it won't hurt to take a look at what they have now won't it? Ferrin walks along the battened down stone path. He matches strides with other civilians just to keep the line at an even pace. The sun is glistening across the horizon with a bright orange/yellow glow. Sky is tinted Cobalt blue with cotton white clouds.

Buildings are as far as the eye can see, lined up on either side of the street. Most built with stone and brick, others might be built with wood mixed with them. And it continues far and wide. Ferrin gasped as he realized how far these buildings go down. Remembering the directions that the bartender gave him he simply took a turn down an alleyway, quiet, most quiet then the streets behind him. Something doesn't seem right to him, the alleyway is dark and brooding.

But Ferrin decides to travel through it anyways, but with caution and awareness. Keeping an eye out for anybody that might rob him. Holy Shyke why am I so nervous, Ferrin thought for a moment. He made it passed the creepy alley and joined another river of people once again with the feeling of worry and fear subsiding. But now Ferrin is feeling a little bit of animosity towards all these people as they push and shove. Ferrin knows that he shouldn't push or be physical as a result. So he releases his anger with a breath of relaxation.

After a few more twists and turns Ferrin finally reached a building titled the 'The Elegant Weave' Ferrin stopped at the door to gain his balance and pushed it open carefully. He was amazed as of all the objects and materials that were placed about.

All things related to clothing, threads, spools, tools lying about, yarn, clothes on racks. There is even another staircase that Ferrin could see going upstairs. He turned his head towards a lady who was standing behind a counter. Luckily enough he was able to find someone here.

The lady who is standing behind the counter wears a beauty of a dress, velvet maybe, her long black hair going pass her shoulders. Tan featured face, beautiful colored eyes. The lady looked up at Ferrin with a smile, and says "Welcome what can I do for you sir?" Ferrin blushed a bit, he was somewhat confused on what to purchase. He was able to manage "I'm just looking to purchase some new daily clothes to wear madam."

The lady smiles and says "Oh yes of course as you can see we have a huge selection to choose from, anything in particular that you would want to get?" Ferrin wasn't sure so he shook his head still amazed of how much space this building has.
"Well anyways maybe you and I can take a look shall we?" Ferrin nodded and smiled without trying to be so nervous.

He feels dumbstrucked since he had the inability to converse with women. He normally doesn't have much a problem. As the lady took Ferrin through another section of the department Ferrin caught a glimpse of a Jerkin. A nice black leathered jerkin. Ferrin pointed " Excuse me? What about that top over there?" The lady stopped and turned her head to where the young hunter was pointing. "Ahhh, that is a leather jerkin a nice suitable day to day top to be wearing." She strolled towards that top and took it off the rack. Blew off the dust that had been gathered on it. Then wipes it with her smooth hand.

She smiled to Ferrin and says "A leather jerkin is only Five Gold Mizas. If you want you can try it on as well to see if it fits." She handed the top to Ferrin and he took it with a smile. Thinking that it seems to suit him. Now all he needs to do is try it on.

"Pavi" | "Common"
"Tukant"

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on September 15th, 2015, 12:02 am

Ferrin
14 Bells, 30 Chimes Later

Time seems to be gradually increasing throughout these efforts of picking out the right wears. After he has been showed to where the changing rooms have been located Ferrin quickly took his cotton shirt off after entering the pod to change. Ferrins' body reflected off a mirror within the pod, and he could see his broadened body with muscles that look like he could be one for body building, but those muscles were gained by training hard with his father, whom was a former Sylrias Knight. Ferrins back right shoulder revealed a tatto, bears his family mark, a shattering sun, and a sword going through it diagonally breaking the sun.

Anyways, Ferrin puts on the dark colored Jerkin made or leather, 'a little itchy,' he thought, but he seems to look good in it? 'Maybe I have to wear another shirt under it? So it can prevent the scratching.' He took it off, and then he put his tattered old cotton shirt back on his body. Thinking that this will do. He opens the door that the pod holds and walked back into the life of the building. The young lady comes back asking Ferrin how it fits, He decided to tell her "The jerkin feels and looks great." "I think I'll purchase it." She nodded with a smile. Then she lowered her head to look at his tattered pants. "Those won't do my young sir." "We need to get you some new ones," She said after looking up to Ferrins glossy blue eyes. She smiles and motioned Ferrin to follow her to where the pants are located.

There was not much of a selection, just cotton and silk, but Ferrin assumes that these; the one pair that he is currently wearing are cotton. He pointed to that cotton pair over to the left of the women "How much are those?" She turned her head "Oh these, these are just two Silver Mizas."

Ferrin nodded with an "ok," then he added, "I think that this would be it for now." Alright she grabbed the right size of pants automatically this time, probably she had measured other guys his size. Ferrin was a little impressed to have her figuring out his size quickly. Well, maybe Ferrin should take another visit too somewhere to purchase a new weapon or should he continue training with the ones he have now?

Well as Ferrin walks up to the counter to check out his items he asks the beautiful women if he can change into his new clothes at the store here she smiled and agreed happily. Maybe she doesn't wan't to see Ferrin in ragged up clothes. Or Ferrin should get some leather armor leather? "Oh almost forgot my young sir." "Do you want a new cotton shirt?" Ferrin flushed a bit cheeks turning cherry red with embarrassment, how could he have forgot?
"Oh yes nearly forgot about that, do not want to be traveling with scratched up clothing now don't we?"
The way Ferrin said 'traveling' the lady assumed that he must be leaving out of town, and she asks, "You want a cotton shirt correct?" Ferrin nodded.
"I didn't mean traveling, as if I'm leaving town, I just meant um, just occasional walking. After all impressions count right?" The lady just smiled with her enchanting smile. Ferrin smiled back, he leaves his pants and jerkin on the counter so that he can pay for all of them at once.

"The shirts are just over here, follow me please." She smiled as she lead Ferrin the way towards the cotton shirts. Ferrin took a glance at most of them until he had found the right color for him. 'Orange,' Ferrin thought. 'but then, Colors don't hurt, anyways Ferrin can just get a set of hunting clothes if his hunting wear. "Excuse me could I get that orange shirt over there please?"

The young lady smiled once again and hurriedly picked up an orange shirt folded on a rack with other assorted colors. "Here you go." "You can pay for them at the counter, then you can go get changed and we can take a look."
They strolled towards the counter once again, and Ferrin went into his cloak pocket to fish for the amount of money that he has to pay with. He found what he needed and handed them to the young lady. She smiled counting the money, "Thank you, now you can change."

Ferrin took his new clothes and walked back to the changing rooms where he then put on his new clothes. He placed his old clothes on the floor folded, and the same as all of his other possessions on the floor carefully near him. He then put on his cotton pants, orange shirt, his dark leather jerkin. And so on.

After re-dressing Ferrin felt that he was a new man, with new clothes. The young lady looked at him with approval maybe thinking that she should ask for a date. But she doesn't need to have a husband that is a lot younger then her.

Ferrin bid the young lady goodbye after belting his sword and putting his cloak on with his valuables inside on as well. Although the cloak somewhat ruins the perspective of Ferrin, he still looks like a handsome young man.

LEDGER= 6 GM, 2 SM

"Pavi" | "Common"
"Tukant"

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on September 16th, 2015, 5:08 pm

Ferrin
15 Bells 25 Chimes

An hour or so has gone by and as Ferrin stepped outside of the Elegant Weave, with his new clothes and style, the sun is gleaming with an orange glow mixed in with purple; slowly lowering in the sky. People still bustling about not bothering to deal with others. Some being very cautious on the streets being aware of thieves and such.

Some people in small groups having a good conversation, all this is happening while Ferrin is pondering if he should go back to the Heralds Arms, or he should go to another place to purchase a new weapon of some sort? A new weapon can wait I guess, Ferrin thought.

He decided to go back to the Heralds Arms to have a nice early night meal. Maybe a bowl of soup would be served tonight. And it isn't late for another night of hunting? No, it can never be too late for hunting, unless the guards bid you from leaving too late.

As Ferrin walks back towards the Heralds Arms, he admires all of the buildings and the designs. He wonders if he would be able to earn enough money from hunting that he can purchase a home of his own. Maybe, but all of this shopping is making Ferrin feel hungry, his stomach rumbled. I guess it is time to eat then.

While Ferrin walks away from the Elegant Weave it becomes a shadow of one building in front of it and so on. Hope this look will not bring too much attention. It seems that this city has what most people need which is good. As to what Ferrin is good. And people that he has met so far aren't as bad either.

But Ferrin is always looking for new people to meet since he left his current home. He feels a sense of loneliness and somewhat sorrow in his emotions and thoughts.

"Pavi" | "Common"
"Tukant"

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on September 16th, 2015, 5:08 pm

Ferrin
15 Bells 25 Chimes

An hour or so has gone by and as Ferrin stepped outside of the Elegant Weave, with his new clothes and style, the sun is gleaming with an orange glow mixed in with purple; slowly lowering in the sky. People still bustling about not bothering to deal with others. Some being very cautious on the streets being aware of thieves and such.

Some people in small groups having a good conversation, all this is happening while Ferrin is pondering if he should go back to the Heralds Arms, or he should go to another place to purchase a new weapon of some sort? A new weapon can wait I guess, Ferrin thought.

He decided to go back to the Heralds Arms to have a nice early night meal. Maybe a bowl of soup would be served tonight. And it isn't late for another night of hunting? No, it can never be too late for hunting, unless the guards bid you from leaving too late.

As Ferrin walks back towards the Heralds Arms, he admires all of the buildings and the designs. He wonders if he would be able to earn enough money from hunting that he can purchase a home of his own. Maybe, but all of this shopping is making Ferrin feel hungry, his stomach rumbled. I guess it is time to eat then.

While Ferrin walks away from the Elegant Weave it becomes a shadow of one building in front of it and so on. Hope this look will not bring too much attention. It seems that this city has what most people need which is good. And the people that he has met so far aren't as bad either. But when he meets people, most of the time they have been near the Cobalt Mountains, or even in the bronze woods. Maybe Ferrin is just looking to twist things up a bit.

And Ferrin is always looking for new people to meet since he left his current home in the far away city of Kenash. When he gets lost in thoughts most of the time it would be of his family and since Ferrin doesn't seem to have part of his family live in Sylrias he doesn't really have anybody that he can be able to talk to with trust and care.

Well it also doesn't hurt to make the effort of talking to others and meeting them. And besides the thought of family Ferrin has been having a good day and now he can't wait to have a wonderful home made meal at the Heralds Arms. He begins picking up his pace carefully not trying to step in other people's feet as he walks pass them.

This has been a good day, Ferrin thought. A good day to go shopping.

"Pavi" | "Common"
"Tukant"

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes