@Sunberthan slavers

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

@Sunberthan slavers

Postby Alerah on October 7th, 2015, 3:52 am

People of Mizahar (particularly Sunberthans),

I know you all probably have a lot on your plate, collaborative storytelling is hard work, but if you could spare me some time that would be absolutely fantastic.

I was simply wondering if you could talk with me about Sunberth. Though, I must start at the beginning. I found Mizahar a few years ago, but my writing wasn't as advanced as it needed to be (I thought) to roleplay on the site. I've come back now with the intention of creating a Kelvic in Sunberth. I know what you're thinking, ugh, another freaking Kelvic, but hear me out. I got bored a lot over the last few years, and somehow I'd always wind up coming back to Miz and reading the lore. I know my shit, trust me, I've read it all enough times. I read about all the races, and toyed with the ideas that sprang to mind with each, (I made at least three Symenestra PCs in my head) but a Kelvic and a Svefra were what stood out to me. I loved the free-spiritedness of the Svefra and their way of life, yet it was this Kelvic girl that kept haunting me.

Alerah. No surname. A polecat as an animal form. She always gets confused with a ferret and it's her biggest pet peeve. She loves climbing and small spaces she can squeeze through. She's an adrenaline junkie, and nothing excites her more than sneaky theft or a chase. She'll say she doesn't worship any particular gods or goddesses, but before she picks a pocket she'll send up a quick prayer to whoever's listening. Akajia for stealth, Ovek for luck, Yshul for the crime that she's about to commit. Tyveth, in hope that he'll see her and not pass too harsh a judgement.

It's when her mother dies that all of this ends, though. Alerah never knew her father, he ran back to Lisnar as soon as they found out she was a Kelvic. She still doesn't know his name. Her mother, Te'al, was always on the brink of sickness, well enough to work and provide for herself and her daughter, but too fatigued, too worn-out to be a good parent. They grew crops in a small village on the Lisnarian peninsula, with a few other families. Their lives were peaceful and, honestly, boring. Alerah takes that back every time she thinks of her Te'al and her death. The sickness had taken her, this time.

Alerah stayed with the family of her best friends for six weeks afterward, but they didn't have the money to provide for a family of eight, as well as her. She mustered up what courage she could find amongst her grief, and traveled to Lisnar, hidden in her polecat form on the back of a wagon. She nearly died a few times, then. Being trodden on, having rocks thrown at her by raucous children, chased with brooms. The big city overwhelmed her, she didn't know which way to turn, what was up or down. Everything was new and scary and so big.

By that point, she was no longer the thief of that small village. Alerah the Stowaway was more accurate, as she spent another few weeks unseen on a trade ship to Sunberth, a tiny scavenger nested in the dark.

That's where her written story here on Mizahar would begin. Entering Sunberth, Alerah would be astonished by the unlawfulness of the place, but quickly enough she'd grow to love it. Maybe she'd spend some time doing small errands for one of the gangs. That'd be familiar to her, little thefts, just like always. She could get by with that. It wouldn't be a nice life, or a pretty one, but she had her will and her strength to get by. She's around ten in human years at this point.

Now, this is when she's taken in by a Sunberthan slaver. She's a Kelvic, it's Sunberth, it was bound to happen. Slavery would strip away so many parts of who Alerah is, it would recreate her as a person and I'd love to see that happen first-hand, especially if her owner is another PC. I can't wait to see what it does to her, how it affects her as a person and a Kelvic and a child.

So I guess that's my very long-winded way of asking you all a few questions.

1) Have any tips for roleplayers starting out in Sunberth?
2) How would I go about finding a PC slaver for Alerah?
3) Any comments on Alerah's history, from what you've heard?
These next ones are a little unrelated to my Alerah rant:
4) What's your favourite thing about Sunberth?
5) What do you think could be improved in the city?

This could probably be posted elsewhere, since it's so SUNBEEERRRTTHHH-ey, but I didn't know where else to put it.

I'll stop bothering you now, but thanks very much for your time.
- Keira
Credit for my boxcode goes to Lisana. Thanks, darling!
Alerah
Find me.

Words: 2422
Joined roleplay: October 4th, 2015, 1:47 pm
Race: Kelvic

@Sunberthan slavers

Postby Karin on October 7th, 2015, 3:30 pm

Hi Alerah, sorry that I can't answer most of your questions, but unfortunately Sunberth is closed for roleplay, as it doesn't have a storyteller!!

So, somehow I think that you'd have to find a way to write Sunberth into your character's past, and make a life in a different city!

Sorry I can't be any more helpful, and good luck :)

10/7/17- All my threads are marked [open] and as such are open to all. :)
Karin
Ocean gazing

Words: 384298
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2015, 10:05 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

@Sunberthan slavers

Postby Alerah on October 8th, 2015, 6:33 am

God, are you kidding me?

UGH
Credit for my boxcode goes to Lisana. Thanks, darling!
Alerah
Find me.

Words: 2422
Joined roleplay: October 4th, 2015, 1:47 pm
Race: Kelvic

@Sunberthan slavers

Postby Karin on October 8th, 2015, 11:09 am

Well, my best suggestion would be to keep the history you've detailed above, but find a slaver in a different, active city and make it so's that your slaver took you from Sunberth to the other city.

I hope you can figure something out, and if you need any help you can pm me :)

10/7/17- All my threads are marked [open] and as such are open to all. :)
Karin
Ocean gazing

Words: 384298
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2015, 10:05 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

@Sunberthan slavers

Postby Ball on October 10th, 2015, 3:26 am

Oh another thing: There are no such thing as small villages ;) Just so ya know.
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes