Open Onwards, Feathery Steed

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Onwards, Feathery Steed

Postby Yisanareysin on June 9th, 2015, 1:53 am

She didn't seem to be lying. But perhaps she was just really good at it. Then again, perhaps Rey's paranoia was getting the better of him, although frankly, in a city like Alvadas, who could blame him for being cautious? Whichever it was, he was getting nothing from her.

"Friendly iss a bad word for Ahnatep." He agreed. In his human form, he had been sneered at, at least until he spoke and his accent revealed his true nature."Are you a-" he paused, trying to think of the word. "a drawer?" He tried, then made a face. That didn't sound right, but it got the message across. "Not ssure of the word." He added apologetically.

"I came to ssee." He told her in response to her question. "Wanted to leave the desert, see the world before I sstay at home." The thought of settling down, of mating into another nest and growing into just another hunter, and all without ever having left Eyktol had been nigh unbearable. This way, when he returned to the nest, he could be something more. Or if not, at least he would have traveled the world, seen all the sights his mother had told him stories of. Perhaps tell his own stories to his children, one day.

But he was getting ahead of himself. He had no intentions of returning just yet. Perhaps in a few more years.

"Although, it seemss I did not know the desert as well ass I thought I did." He grinned, gesturing to her, water swirling around his hand as he did so. "Did not think there wass anything east." If there was anything to the east, and she wasn't lying.

And speaking of which..

"Your home iss a island? Your kind can fly, and swim?" He glanced at her tail, a little dubiously. It seemed awfully clunky to swim with that sort of tail. "Never sseen a fissh like that."
Snake Tongue : Common : Arumenic
Last edited by Yisanareysin on July 6th, 2015, 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Yisanareysin
Sneaky Snake Spy Extraordinaire

Words: 314458
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 7:40 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Onwards, Feathery Steed

Postby Trista on July 3rd, 2015, 11:52 pm

"Artist," Trista said reflexively. "I do drawing, but also painting, writing, and singing." She shrugged self-deprecatingly. "I suppose it's not the steadiest work in the world, but I don't have many needs."

She nodded as Rey spoke further. Wanting to see the world was the kind of desire that transcended any one race, and it was one of the only reasonable explanations for coming to Alvadas from Eyktol.

"Yes, I and my kind come from an island. There's not much on it, really, except for Abura, which is built around the only spring. I can fly and swim. And there aren't any fish with tails like mine, but there are seals, which we see every once in a while." She wasn't entirely sure "seal" was a word that Rey would know, but she was unable to think of a synonym in Common.

"We don't get a lot of visitors. There are a few humans, traders from Zeltiva, who live there, and their ships come in sometimes, but otherwise, almost no one comes." It made sense that Rey would have limited knowledge of Akvatar if he lived outside the city -- although the Akvatari did some traveling of their own, they tended not to spend much time in the desert, where their hunting skills were less good.
Trista
I can see for miles and miles and miles...

Words: 101570
Joined roleplay: August 17th, 2009, 1:08 am
Race: Akvatari
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Trailblazer (1)

Onwards, Feathery Steed

Postby Yisanareysin on July 18th, 2015, 5:03 am

Artist. Ahrr-tistuh. Rey tried out the word in his head, his jaw clicking shut at the second syllable. What odd words Common produced. Nothing like the smooth, easy flow of his native Snake Tongue.

As Trista continued to talk, Rey listened, fascinated. "Whatss a seal?" He wondered, studying her tail again. It looked clunky, but it was almost certainly the tail of an aquatic creature. "If it livess in water, isn't it fish? It can breathe in water? Can you breath in water?"

What he wouldn't give to be able to use sense on her, to be able to know, even just a little bit, how she worked. But sensing took too much focus, and too much energy, and if he started staring at her and spacing out in the middle of a conversation, she was bound to notice something was up.

Perhaps if he could draw her attention away from him? Perhaps if she were to start doing something, say, swimming.. yeah, that'd work. It'd give him an excuse to stare, and she hopefully wouldn't be focused on him.

"How do you sswim with jusst tail?" He asked, cocking his head to one side. "How fasst can you go?"

Snake Tongue : Common : Arumenic
ImageImageImage
Yisanareysin
Sneaky Snake Spy Extraordinaire

Words: 314458
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 7:40 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Onwards, Feathery Steed

Postby Sayana on October 16th, 2015, 9:51 pm

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request. If there's anything I may have missed, please PM me and I'll be happy to look into it.

Reysin
Skills
  • Climbing: 1
  • Endurance: 1
  • Tracking: 1
  • Observation: 4
  • Planning: 1
  • Animal Husbandry: 2
  • Tactics: 2
  • Riding: Duck: 2
  • Acrobatics: 2
  • Socialization: 3
  • Interrogation: 4
  • Intelligence: 1
  • Investigation: 1
  • Philosophy: 1
  • Rhetoric: 1
  • Subterfuge: 1
Lores
  • Climbing: Finding handholds on a building
  • Tracking: Don't look away from your target
  • Riding: Mounting a giant duck
  • Riding: Hanging onto an uncooperative mount
  • Akvatari: Humanoid with butterfly wings and a furry fish tail
  • Trista: Akvatari from an island east of Eyktol
  • The best lies are those that are actually true
  • Interrogation: Watching for a reaction when information is revealed

Trista
Skills
  • Observation: 3
  • Land Navigation: 1
  • Socialization: 5
  • Philosophy: 1
  • Acrobatics: 1
  • Endurance: 1
  • Intelligence: 1
  • Interrogation: 2
  • Storytelling: 1
  • Teaching: 1
Lores
  • Acrobatics: Catching someone and bringing them safely to the ground
  • Reysin: Dhani from Eyktol
Comments
I wasn't quite sure what to do regarding your ledger, but maybe it would be helpful to list your job threads so that graders know you're 'keeping up with your expenses'? Trista is sort of unique how she tends to be broke at any given time but I know you've done job threads. I just don't want to appear to showing any bias towards you.

Comments: Cute thread. It certainly had quite the meeting. Too bad it didn't get very far but it was interesting seeing them react to one another (and at times quite suspiciously).

Your Grader,

Sayana
Boxcode design: Firenze
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Previous